Votes: 14 10.2%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 20 14.6%
  • I don't know

Votes: 15 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Also, I play EU because it mixes nicely with my aspergers. ::special::

I played for 10 years. I liked the pvp most. Do nothing New in the game for pvp lovers so i quit. Have not play for 2 years. I play New game now called conan exiles

I just like gaming! Also, a friend of mine said that when he was younger he played it, and it was fun, so I gave it a try, and I liked it. However, I don't play it too often, just when I have the time.

I don't know.

On start i was attracted with advertised sci fi adventure where second wave of colonists go to distant planet to fight with wild nature and its creatures and rebel robots who killed first colonists.
It was - we against common enemy.
No auction, no LA's, no taxes, no RCE but just a method to deposit for small micro transactions, no skill sales as skills were part of game and not part of economy or part of loot return.

Now is - we against each other.
Is not game any more but full RCE with profit goals.
Over crowded with additional expenses like private LA's, planets, CLD's and similar witch do not contribute to loot pol but take out in form of taxes, dividends and profits.

Now i log in and play each time when they piss me enough with mails of inactivity.

9 year veteran, have seen a lot of ups and downs ingame, used to invest heavily, now I have lost confidence...no game development in over 18 months...WTF!

Late comer to EU. Found it through an ad on a YouTube video and decided to check out EU videos and thought it was crazy I had not heard of it before. This was right before another space exploration flop came out and I was in hype mode for some space exploring. After researching EU, I honestly became a bit timid...knowing how deep into games I get when I join. I took the dive anyway, full aware of what it would cost me.....and welp, here I am not even 2 years later, level 82 Laser Sniper. Hoping to make my goal of Killstrike by 2 years. Lv100 by 3.

I have to say that is impressive for 2 years of play. I bought many implants when I first started and played 5-10 hours a day (didn't have a job) for the first 3 or 4 years and I think my highest lvl was around 60 laser hit and about the same in laser damage. Good job. I would love to see your stats in tracker, I bet they are something:) What is your in-game name ?

I didn't see:

• No level cap
  • No subscription
  • Outlasted most of its competitors
  • Sci-Fi MMORPG

I did vote on a few of the options that were reasons why I still play though. :)

That about says it for me also:) I also love to game(my selection). First played a game called "Adventure". Text based game where you enter commands to move around in a cave and when you entered an area you would get a description of the area and the object was to collect items. It was fun and the year was 1984 or 85. The second was two very small space ships on a green screen LOL, it was awful but the only game in town.

Hobby (since 2005)
I like video games (since, a long time ago...)
The challenge
The LOL's

I have to say that is impressive for 2 years of play. I bought many implants when I first started and played 5-10 hours a day (didn't have a job) for the first 3 or 4 years and I think my highest lvl was around 60 laser hit and about the same in laser damage. Good job. I would love to see your stats in tracker, I bet they are something:) What is your in-game name ?

I am 'Havenn Slyk Ragnarok' in game. Never used a chip, but was tempted to chip out for Easter mayhem to be able to place. Leveling too fast isn't always great apparently :D

Right now the focus is on maintaining more avg MU to lessen the cost of play and keep up with my goals. Though I still make dumb mistakes all the time and try to learn from them.

No subscription is what made me stay after the first look. Still like to play it, fits thrown on various forums notwithstanding. That the lights are still on and the company is still there after all these years shows they don't do everything wrong, even if (or maybe because) it's not always what we want.

half of my life in EU that's why I'm still going on, but since 2016 it's become shit :laugh:

half of my life in EU that's why I'm still going on, but since 2016 it's become shit :laugh:

I think it went down with the CRY engine 2010. I have never had lag until then. The next big drop was when they revamped the loot to cut out the daily 20K+ HOF on low maturity Feffs and Troxes under the guise of getting more HOFs but a little a little smaller. The big went away and you were lucky to get a 2K after that. Can't remember the year that happened I think around 2012 or 2013 everything after that was less than 3K(except one 5K in 2013) for me and had 13K in 2010. IMO Just a little BTW the 13K was not the highest loot and as a matter of fact I was only on the first page for about an hour. Those were the days:)

The freedom and the uncomplicated medium which EU is. The mechanics are simple and obvious, and the possibilities are as varied as your imagination. I also enjoy that the competition is not mandatory. You can run against others or against yourself or just walk around scratching your ass, as you please. The RCE keeping off the hordes of trolls is also great.

On the minus side, I am very attracted to theorycrafting and statistics so it can feel sometimes as a job and result in boredom or even a minor burnout. Then I switch to some other game, maybe strategy or some RPG until Entropia feels "new" again.

Coming back to positives aspects, EU helped (!!) me deal with gambling.

Then, I met my former wife because of EU and playing together was one of the best things a mature gamer can experience.

Dunno what to say more, is part of my life and I will never quit it.

But let's not get too cozy and warm, they can kiss my ass with the current MUs in mining and the strongboxes put *everywhere* instead of real functional economy.

That about says it for me also:) I also love to game(my selection). First played a game called "Adventure". Text based game where you enter commands to move around in a cave and when you entered an area you would get a description of the area and the object was to collect items. It was fun and the year was 1984 or 85. The second was two very small space ships on a green screen LOL, it was awful but the only game in town.
Oh man, Adventure was awesome! I eventually encountered it in must have been the late nineties.

Sounds like Zork. Was a little earlier.

Zork_p3.jpg

Sounds like Zork. Was a little earlier.

Zork_p3.jpg

Wasn't that available on the apple. Funny after my post I did a search for Adventure and found it free at the Microsoft store and messed with it for at least an hour lol.

I chose because I like gaming, but also, because I profit, which isn't an option. I suppose hope to profit is the closest, but there's no hope about it, I'm actually profiting. I don't make minimum wage, or a living from here as I don't want to nor need to, but I get to withdraw occasionally and play essentially for free, so I'm making some money playing a game I enjoy playing.

I started playing because of the RCE element and now a lot of other games don't hold my attention.

Oh man, Adventure was awesome! I eventually encountered it in must have been the late nineties.

Leisure suit larry.
That was the first adventure for me :D

And let's not forget Police quest.

They have been my foundation.

Then much later in the late nineties, fallout 1 followed by Fallout 2.
and no 3 and 4 do not belong in this line ;)

• Gaming
  • Gambling
  • Hope to Profit
  • Social Interaction

The game met and surpassed all my hopes in these regards.

I have always been a huge reader. In my younger days I was going through ~1 paperback size novel a day. (give or take)
Entropia took the place of reading for me with the same level of addiction and time consumed.
With my busy schedule these days Audible tries to fill those gaps.

The romance of the litrpg genre is really what I desire.
Entropia used to capture that feeling for me, but that has faded with the 'grind' in recent years.

Every fiction in that genre I have read(listened to) includes real cash economies and persistent open worlds.
I bought Ready Player One and listened to it because they made a movie of it(haven't seen the movie) and it was ok, but somewhat shallow after reading a dozen others.

I like the idea that I can exist in an alternate reality where what I do can effect the world around me.
I do not want my existence to be scripted for me by someone else. (though no doubt, scripted experiences can be entertaining.)
I want my existences in any realities I exist in to cross over and effect each other in one way or another.
I want to be challenged.
I want to think.
I want to be entertained.

Entropia has done all of these for me over the years. Perhaps it will again. Right now it doesn't.

Right now listening to fiction is filling my need for 'adventure' and thought.
Learning how to build boats is filling my need to create a 'legacy'. (built a 14' canoe with my son last year, and building a 17' powerboat now)
Learning how to day trade crypto currencies is filling my need for gambling and thought.

I have no confidence MA will do everything right (nor have I really read the details of what they or ND have planned in that front) But I see potential for cross-platform, cross-genre, cross-developers, cross-storyline, gaming driven by crypto currencies. Right now that is the best chance I see for achieving the romance behind the litrpg genre. It will be interesting to see what company can achieve that dream.

Skills & Profit

1 -> Since none in this game reach on top its grab my attetion
2-> Profit , since EU is dumb gameplay , no competitive in any regard level

Back