Why doesn't Mindark advertise when it is essentially free to do so?

Tbh i see entropia ads on some websites here and there, mostly on anime webs like animezone etc.

In an MMORPG, there is only TWO REASONS to EVER talk to another player. That’s fucking dumb.
The Gauntlet also has a team requirement and gives good new player rewards.

---

I'd like to see them lean more into Land Grabs and revamp it so maybe only one society can control a land at a time thus allowing more societies to compete. Limit some of them by level or something as well so new players can get in on the action and have incentive to do so at the end of it.

would absolutely be abused if they give free stuff that can be traded or sold. needs to be non-tradable stuff.
That would be easy to solve.

Only send those gifts for avatars who have enough skills or agility etc

Disagree, if anyone advertises for ANYTHING, they should be getting paid for it.
If they're doing things for streams the benefit for streamers is the added brand exposure and advertising revenue you get paid through your streaming platform for hosting the events. No additional compensation from MindArk needs to be provided as it then creates a conflict of interest. Especially if it has anything to do with adjusting the loot algorithm, providing items for use or allowing access to content as they've done in the past.

If they're doing things for streams the benefit for streamers is the added brand exposure and advertising revenue you get paid through your streaming platform for hosting the events. No additional compensation from MindArk needs to be provided as it then creates a conflict of interest. Especially if it has anything to do with adjusting the loot algorithm, providing items for use or allowing access to content as they've done in the past.
Obviously not in-game advantages. But outside the game paying content creators for content is very normal in the gaming world or creator codes. Paying a content creator to play your game or advertise a new VU or something is very normal. Getting extra 50 HP in a pvp game becuase you stream it is not ok.

It's more of a matter of, does the content you bring or will bring justify the investment, but there is no doubt that content creators are one of the main ways gaming companies advertise.

Last edited:
OT_ as a mentor i ask all people to detach rookie channel.. its toxic

back to topic.. to create more playerbase quest system muyst be expanded.
having in game 122323443 quest each including "kill some 12232334 of this monster" is an important retainer

HINT: look "zeladoth pandemic", "zorra", "neff stim pack" quest chains... they produce a sense of achievement.

The great adventurere proposed "add quest to bring your initial bukin knife to perfected (he proposed 300 dps.. but it can become planet bound like a 150 level cyrene item. well not 300 dps but 120 MA Dps like a gold rush blade, 57 eff.. why not?
briung back the bukin knife, make it upgradable to perfected, let people hunt with some achievement sense, not just to hpope to make some ped...

there is not just RDI and Spina.. ppl want also to solo around...
Lower level content that has the quality of spina/rdi needs to be added as well. This game has a major problem with retaining players after the player sees how much it costs to get to the content thats actually fun and not just killing the same mob over and over again that has no mechanics and no skill needed.

Obviously not in-game advantages. But outside the game paying content creators for content is very normal in the gaming world or creator codes. Paying a content creator to play your game or advertise a new VU or something is very normal. Getting extra 50 HP in a pvp game becuase you stream it is not ok.

It's more of a matter of, does the content you bring or will bring justify the investment, but there is no doubt that content creators are one of the main ways gaming companies advertise.
Thank you. Hundreds/thousands of other games do this for their content creators, because they see in the numbers that the better the streams and more people who watch streams, the more people will play their game. It's happened time and time again.

Look at Palworld? They paid easily 50+ Content Creators to stream their game over the first weekend it came out.

Over 6 million copies sold of a PRE ALPHA game. in 1 weekend. That's insane.

There are a lot of things MA could do that are free but chooses not to.

"Free" and "Doesn't cost money" are two different things. The opportunity cost in time of staff spent when we already see such little content creation and community engagement means that idea like this are far from "free"

All those other games are not based on a system where you can deposit and withdraw funds from the gaming account.

Am I willing to pay the tax to potentially have more players join Entropia?

Yes, but it would have to be worth it. No offense but it would be a waste spending on any currently streaming Entropia player. You'd need bigger audiences, in the tens of thousands of viewers on average.

Yes, but it would have to be worth it. No offense but it would be a waste spending on any currently streaming Entropia player. You'd need bigger audiences, in the tens of thousands of viewers on average.
That’s more so due to there being a small player base. But there are streamers that companies pay who do only stream to 20-50 people. Do they get paid as much? No. But there’s many examples such a Minion Masters who throw a little coin to their steamers.

I mean I know I’ve personally gotten people to deposit thousands of dollars into the game due to me streaming. Im sure bunker and Bonnie are way more. But I’ve had people say “I only play because you stream and make a community for us to play in.” And that’s why they deposited.

Or listening to my gear advice causing them to deposit.

The thing with Entropia, is that it’s actually EASIER to make their money back paying the streamers they have now. Not the ones who don’t actually do anything, but the ones who show off the game and what people can do when they deposit or gain experience and knowledge in the game.

All those other games are not based on a system where you can deposit and withdraw funds from the gaming account.

Am I willing to pay the tax to potentially have more players join Entropia?

This really is the question, would it be worth it... I know you might not think it would be, but as Draniie said you would be quite surprised at the ripple effect of some streamers.

As one of the largest if not the largest regular streamers of Entropia, based on Avg. Viewer and Unique Viewers per stream, I have 0 doubt that I've brought a shit load of money and investment into the game, and not just including my deposits! :) Keep in mind I've streamed the game off an on for almost 4 years just as a fun hobby. If I got paid to create actual content, no doubt I could do some good shit. I just started making youtube shorts a few days ago, and one has 300+ views already. I imagine dedicated quality content would make a huge impact. never underestimate the ripple effect.

That being said, MA has tried a lot of things that haven't worked or were really bad ideas. I know I'm biased, but this seems like a really good idea, even if I'm not the one to benefit from it. I'll be starting a new job on Monday, so that door is closing for me, but hopefully someone who has the ability will get a shot to see if it could be effective.

On a side note... If you enjoy this game Entropia Universe and you want to see it survive and thrive. I would highly advise not just MA and Planet Partners, but the EU community start supporting it's content creators. There are several good ones out there, find one you like and become a part of the community.

-Bunker :cool:

Those who have the money to invest are looking at sound investment which over the years Entropia is not . What is there to invest in Land ? Shares ? It would take a century to return your original investment and since it's not covered by virtual property low it's risky at best !

Those who have the money to invest are looking at sound investment which over the years Entropia is not . What is there to invest in Land ? Shares ? It would take a century to return your original investment and since it's not covered by virtual property low it's risky at best !
People who initially invested in CLDs got 100% back a while ago.
Problem is: people dont know what will and wont work. While dooming in present they will always assume there are no more opportunities left. Except, 5 years later, they end up in the same spot, while another profitable opportunity paid for itself. Over and over again.

Last edited:
@Angela Draniie Cloud @Bunk3r

You're missing the point. The majority of streamers who have large audiences that play certain games built their audiences before any sponsorships showed up. You both stream to less than 100 people on avg. There is just no demand for your service otherwise there would be more people watching. You can't argue with the data.

And again, Entropia is different. You can deposit/withdraw USD from your account. These other games where company plants have been propped up from nothing do not have this ability to do so. These streamers are given accounts with pre-unlocked items, content, etc in attempts to make it engaging to watch. If MindArk were to do this of any kind they would be giving you a competitive advantage. Even if they were to pay you in USD, you then deposit that and it's the same effect, you're getting paid to play. That's a BIG no-no here.

I would like to see Entropia succeed and I would like to see more Entropia content out there but until Unreal Engine 5 it's kind of a dead horse and even then it's going to be hard competing in the gaming landscape for attention when there are other major titles expecting to launch around that same time.

As you can see I'm still on the fence on wether I want to be taxed to pay a streamer to only potentially have a larger population. There is already a ton of ways for the community members to earn in game rewards by recruiting players as I mentioned earlier (Mentoring, Affiliate Program, Planet Partner Program, etc). If MindArk were to do anything it's expand these types of programs instead of handing over cash directly.

Maybe they pay some big ass streamer $x.xx to stream Entropia for x hrs/day for x months and that brings in x number of new players but it would need to be contingent on the number of players they have signup that deposit $x.xx amount on top of the hourly play.

If you two wanted $ for content creation why do you not own the affiliate eggs?

Are you not collecting enough Ad Revenue?

Subscriptions?

Bits?

Mentor Rewards?

Land Area taxes?

Event Promotion?

What's holding you back?

How can your audience grow to tens of thousands on average?

unkept prmises keeps them from doing it... they tried in the past and failed over and over and over again...

That's why there's no affiliate program, which was promised several times over... (well I think 5 or less in community have an affiliate link).. and old affiliate website still is out there on internet archive....

that's why there's no Facebook program, which was started at one point many years ago but fizzled and died...

I think they are expecting unreal to save the day by simply listing it on Epic's site, but we'll see what happens... doubt epic will let that happen unless they magically change to a currency that is not tied to the usd or something?....

I think they are expecting unreal to save the day by simply listing it on Epic's site, but we'll see what happens... doubt epic will let that happen unless they magically change to a currency that is not tied to the usd or something?....
I don't think there's going to be an issue here because Epic is already filled with "awesome" crypto-games. Question is, when will they rollout UE5.

You're missing the point. The majority of streamers who have large audiences that play certain games built their audiences before any sponsorships showed up. You both stream to less than 100 people on avg. There is just no demand for your service otherwise there would be more people watching. You can't argue with the data.
There was a time when I was streaming on the regular where I averaged over 100 viewers and I still have anywhere from 150-500 unique viewers stop by my stream. That's not much compared to the big streamers obviously, but it's enough to make a decent impact. I mean Entropia only has a few thousand people actively playing the game, and they are making money. They are making an impact.

Speaking for myself, you have to keep in mind I never fully drove to push the content... like make tiktoks, shorts, quality Youtube tutorials, or Streams dedicated to themes, etc... Things done to really upgrade content. I for most of the time just streamed a couple hours here and there with no outside content to have fun. You're more than welcome to your opinion, but I disagree with you. I think someone who is good at making content and has the ability and time to make it would make a great impact in advertisement in Entropia and would in-time bring a lot more ppl.
And again, Entropia is different. You can deposit/withdraw USD from your account. These other games where company plants have been propped up from nothing do not have this ability to do so. These streamers are given accounts with pre-unlocked items, content, etc in attempts to make it engaging to watch. If MindArk were to do this of any kind they would be giving you a competitive advantage. Even if they were to pay you in USD, you then deposit that and it's the same effect, you're getting paid to play. That's a BIG no-no here.
For the first part I agree... They shouldn't give someone an advatange in-game. Like a higher % of loot or some kind of unique loot. In-game stuff should not happen with content creators. Even though places like Next Island already give out a nice upgraded armor for streaming their planet, which falls into this.

But the second part about being paid outside of the game, I totally disagree. If a planet partner wants to pay a streamer to stream their planet for marketing and they pay them on the outside that is their damn choice their business and it's not illegal. What that player does with their earned agreed upon money is not illegal. You could personally claim it as immoral, but I sure wouldn't as long as the player is not getting any in-game advantages. And if we really wanted to get out of the legality of issues and into the morality of issues with this game, well we could have a field day with that.
I would like to see Entropia succeed and I would like to see more Entropia content out there but until Unreal Engine 5 it's kind of a dead horse and even then it's going to be hard competing in the gaming landscape for attention when there are other major titles expecting to launch around that same time.
Which is why... It would be wise to invest in content creators now to have content ready for the launch, and on launch to help you compete in the market place.
Maybe they pay some big ass streamer $x.xx to stream Entropia for x hrs/day for x months and that brings in x number of new players but it would need to be contingent on the number of players they have signup that deposit $x.xx amount on top of the hourly play.
I don't think this is necessarily a bad idea, like paying Dr. Dis to play EU for a month, but this as I mentioned before this is a smaller game with a smaller player base. MA don't have the money for the DOC, maybe it would be wise and cheaper to start with your better content creators now.
You want me to pay Mindark $10,000 minimum to advertise their game for them? It's one thing to set up a creator code that every content creator could take advatange of and get a small % of player retention. But, to charge us $10,000 minimum to do it, damn that's fucked up. Now you're asking me to pay MA to advertise their game for them, after I already pay them through deposits to play their game.

Subscriptions?

Bits?

Mentor Rewards?

Land Area taxes?

Event Promotion?

What's holding you back?
All of our viewer's Money is going into the game, the game we promote. The game were being asked to pay money to promote.
How can your audience grow to tens of thousands on average?
Like I mentioned before this game has maybe 2000 active players on at one time. I can get up to 500 ppl visiting my stream in one stream, usually my rare 10 hour streams, but 500 unique viewers. That's with me barely trying to create content. If MA can pull that much money out a few thousand ppl. The potential is there for content creators to really help this game grow.

I do agree that we need more fun content created from MA that can be used to create good content, because content creators can only use what they are working with. That would be helpful.

If Mindark has the ability to make the game where many UBER players can get $40,000 a year. I think they can throw a little money to some content creators. Jeez :/

I think we will just have to agree to disagree on whether it would be a good investment or not. I sure would love to do a trial run though, have a planet partner pay me for 6 months to stream their planet to see if I increase their revenue enough to justify the investment. I'd bet I would

Last edited:
The majority of streamers who have large audiences that play certain games built their audiences before any sponsorships showed up. You both stream to less than 100 people on avg. There is just no demand for your service otherwise there would be more people watching. You can't argue with the data.
Percentage wise with about a 6-10k player base, us having about .5-1% of people watching us is pretty good. There’s not a single main stream game where they get that high of a playerbase viewership percent. Also it’s false about most streamers already have an audience. For Entropia Purposes we have an audience. And we have a product that a portion of the player base likes.

Subscriptions?

Bits?

Mentor Rewards?

Land Area taxes?

Event Promotion?

What's holding you back?
Affiliate Eggs are a scam. I’m not paying a company to let me advertize for them.

I don’t run ads and I never will.
Subs and bits I do good for the amount of viewers.
Mentor rewards are dog shit and I don’t want those rewards I want to help others.
I don’t own a Land Area, nor do I want to. Running a stream and community events take enough effort.
I promote my events every time I have them and can very noticably tell when I do and don’t advertize. I WILL NEVER advertise a giveaway or marbles or sweat buying or whatever in my stream title though.

What’s holding me back from going main stream? I don’t like streaming other games. It’s not fun. I know I could have a larger viewership, because if I can get 30-70 depending on the time of year in entropia, I can do way better in another game if I tried.

I just don’t enjoy streaming other games and I don’t have the time or the drive to be a full time “content creator”.

I would rather do what I do which is teach and educate others not just in real life but in Entropia.

As a reminder, TazB can get over 10k+ viewers on his streams. When he plays Entropia, his viewership drops by 90% almost immediately.

This is VERY VERY telling. A guy who’s an Uber, can do anything in the game, has the personality to be a successful streamer, STILL can’t keep 1/10th of his peak viewers to watch Entropia even during an event.

The good streamers aren’t the problem. The game is for the general audience.

Plus like Bunker said, we don’t even feel this way for us. I won’t stream more unless I want to. I’ll never quit my career for streaming because I love my job and what I do. Shits funner then streaming honestly. But this is for Entropia and the streamers who actually try and give a shit about the game, community, and has a passion for streaming. And is actually good at it and not just trying to milk people with sweat streams, afk streams, or streaming the wrong category. Because that pushes so many new people away.

Last edited:
But the second part about being paid outside of the game, I totally disagree. If a planet partner wants to pay a streamer to stream their planet for marketing and they pay them on the outside that is their damn choice their business and it's not illegal. What that player does with their earned agreed upon money is not illegal. You could personally claim it as immoral, but I sure wouldn't as long as the player is not getting any in-game advantages. And if we really wanted to get out of the legality of issues and into the morality of issues with this game, well we could have a field day with that.
It's being paid to play. I don't think this is okay. It sounds shady if it's not actually illegal in some sense when it's in an RCE environment. I don't know the Swedish laws on that. It's basically just a loophole instead of providing you PED they give you USD. Smells bad.

As for the affiliate eggs, they made it an investment. If you bought it and brought in enough cycling or high enough cycling players you'd make that $10k back and more. Yes it's cash-grabby but what isn't with MindArk lol.

As a reminder, TazB can get over 10k+ viewers on his streams. When he plays Entropia, his viewership drops by 90% almost immediately.

This is VERY VERY telling. A guy who’s an Uber, can do anything in the game, has the personality to be a successful streamer, STILL can’t keep 1/10th of his peak viewers to watch Entropia even during an event.

Yup, this is part of my point. If you can't get people to watch, why bother investing the money into this endeavor when you've just provided a perfect example of why not to, especially for the smaller creators.

Just to clarify, he currently plays minecraft on his stream and a lot of tiktok kids watch the stream(8-12k), normally he has average viewership of 4-6k. Entropia, if played, is at 3AM polish time so people just go to sleep when he streams it. Viewership drops, that is correct, but not 90%, i would say more like 50-60%. There are people interested in entropia, but hard to tell how many.

It's being paid to play. I don't think this is okay. It sounds shady if it's not actually illegal in some sense when it's in an RCE environment. I don't know the Swedish laws on that. It's basically just a loophole instead of providing you PED they give you USD. Smells bad.
No, it's being paid to stream, to create content for a company. Playing the game is just part of it. And, I think it's ok and it's legal. And, as long as it's legal, it doesn't matter what your opinion is.

Maybe, I should give an example... If MA purposefully drops specific loot inside the game to Messi to make sure he gets an advatange with MU to keep him playing the game, so it adverts to others to keep playing. That is shady and illegal. But if a planet partner pays a youtuber outside of the game to make videos on how to do missions on their planet. They are paying the content creator for the content. The content creator can do whatever they want with the money. It's not shady or illegal. It's just smart business.

"Maybe they pay some big ass streamer $x.xx to stream Entropia for x hrs/day for x months and that brings in x number of new players but it would need to be contingent on the number of players they have signup that deposit $x.xx amount on top of the hourly play."

I'd also note, that you seem to indicate it wouldn't be a bad idea to pay a big streamer to stream the game if the money makes it worth it. Your tone changed a bit, it doesn't seem so shady here.

Which is my point, there is nothing shady about it. It really comes down to is it effective.... Will it bring in more players, will it help planet partners and MA's Revenue, help with more balanced returns... etc... That's the real question.

By the way the paying the youtuber example has already happened before. Things like this have been going on a small scale for some time. I think it would just be better if it was more out in the open and official, and done in a larger scale.

I know with MA, everything is so secretive and scary, but it doesn't have to be. This type of fear mentality will always keep the game in the shadows, but maybe that's where people want it to be.

Last edited:
What happens when people register to the game and start playing?

Some will try it for free, some will deposit $10-$20 to try it out, meet rookie chat, and all predators who preys on the new players, and leave (click on ads to win peds, give me sweat and you get brand new 2.0 weapon ownership, etc etc). First fix the "onboarding" process then talk about paying the content creators.

@Bunk3r instant massive registrations would happen only if they contracted big streamers, and I also agree they should generate some incentive for current EU streamers (not afk ones) to generate content for their company (tiktok, shorts, videos etc.).

In any case onboarding process is outdated and not taken care of, by following what officials wrote to forum/discord, I really want to believe something like this might happen in the following 2-3 years.

What happens when people register to the game and start playing?

Some will try it for free, some will deposit $10-$20 to try it out, meet rookie chat, and all predators who preys on the new players, and leave (click on ads to win peds, give me sweat and you get brand new 2.0 weapon ownership, etc etc). First fix the "onboarding" process then talk about paying the content creators.

@Bunk3r instant massive registrations would happen only if they contracted big streamers, and I also agree they should generate some incentive for current EU streamers (not afk ones) to generate content for their company (tiktok, shorts, videos etc.).

In any case onboarding process is outdated and not taken care of, by following what officials wrote to forum/discord, I really want to believe something like this might happen in the following 2-3 years.
I agree with you about the onboarding issue Sulje, we talk about it often on stream. I was just giving a recommendation.

Nothing, but love.

I am currently watching a streamer i follow on twitch, so decided to check out EU streams.
Now it is 2am UK time so not the best to take a "snapshot".

Biggest viewer count watching is 30 people, and i would bet a good number of them are EU players.

What i would ask myself being Mindark or someone trying to push for bigger exposure on twitch etc is why are people not watching/interested.

Not sure what the answer is to be honest, maybe hiring a bigger streamer to stream EU sometimes would be a good move. Question is though would a succesful streamer with like 10k+ viewers take the risk with EU if would hurt revenue playing Palworld, Minecraft or whatever?

I do love Entropia, but it isn't really a great game to stream to people who know little to nothing about it.

Perhaps UE5 could get some viewers checking game out initially.

Good question, I've not seen one EU ad, nor for any other top mmos/mmorpgs come to think of it, like Sl, WoW, EOnline...

Back