Why I'm against Roctropia?

Infinity01

Stalker
Banned
Society
Freelancer
Space Infinity01 Time
I joined EU in Feb 2009 and became inactive in Oct 2009. Came back to EU right after launching of Roctropia in early April 2010. I was very excited about the new planet. I restarted hunting from roctropia (check in entropia trackers) and made profit out of my hunting spree there ....

But soon I faced troubles with storage and auction. Many ppl already started to complain about the high fee and never made a trip. My excitement diminished and went back to Calypso and never made another trip.

Subsequently I've joined, along with many others, posting comments against roctropia (although i've profited from there)!

In one of the recent post I had a comment and thought it deserves a thread on its own right! So here I'm making this thread. :D

And in the spirit of this forum "have your opinion about things in EU too!". Be it positive or negative. Personally I want all the planets, including roctropia, be successful, vivrant and thribing!

EU is already one of the most costly game among the MMORPGs. Now switching from one planet to another planet, withitn the same game, costing $8 (and how many will there be) is absolutely ridiculous!

If the EU community does not stand against this high fee now they will keep doing the same for all other future planets. So, I think, we all should make a concerted effort against this exorbitant high fee. It shoould and will force MA and the game developpers to come up with alternative strategies!

This opposition against Roctropia is as simple as this!

Have your own voice too!

and

Lets together make EU the best game ever

Last edited:
They don't want you to travel between planets. FPC wants to keep their own player base and expects the other planets to bring in their own players. Thus the high travel fees.

Regarding fees and other cost etc for visiting other planets will eventually decrease or dissappear because the evolution of EU will slow down and owners of other planets need a bigger active playerbase on their side of EU to be able to have a functional planet.

Remember this is what I think will happen.

(Cant believe I feel we now have to write what I wrote above to not get whining posts back, where is this going...)

If you want to sell your stuff on calypso then hire a transport or something. Just like in de old days of CND ppl traveld up and down for a small fee.

And yeah well if RT has low player count and you cant sell stuff there think again why ppl dont want to travel to there. ND has to make his own player base and knowing him he proably is doing promotion after promotion.

BTW itś not required to travel to calypso to sell your stuff :)

I think the major ISSUE here is the "shitty ways" in which MA treats its player base period! For years now their contempt for their customers shows up after every new game update when they manage to find another way to nickel and dime the community with their tweaking.For example the new triple "MISS" when hunting (its a hidden cash grab ).Project Entropia use to be a great game with a great idea but now its a platform for MA to allow "big dream" investors to try and take even more from a shrinking piece of pie instead of making it a fun experience for its paying customers.

The problem right now is there is only 1 way to travel. Via TP and the price is set by MA.

Once they bring back the Hangers then the price will go down and the cost of travel will go into the economy via the pilots.

Reactions: alh
The problem right now is there is only 1 way to travel. Via TP and the price is set by MA.

Once they bring back the Hangers then the price will go down and the cost of travel will go into the economy via the pilots.

lol, I'm gonna be cynical here... You really think the freakin pilots are gonna make flights cheaper?

I think not based on my interaction with pilots pre VU10...

Pilots had to pay a certain amount per 1 way trip to any planet/station/asteroid to begin with so there's a min price no pilot will go below if they wanna make a profit. I don't see that price being much lower than 40 ped 1 way to RT if/when they ever bring back the hangars.

I agree with something you said in there Infinity:

As a player, I can see why so many people want no fee, but I think ultimately it's in the best interests of Entropia Universe for the fee to remain.

I even made a thread about it and quoted you :)

When I think about this, I would like to visit RT but never bothered because I can't afford the high price, now if it was 10 times cheaper I can afford that. If I do the math in my head (not very accurate) it's like this, lower the price from 40ped to 4ped and you'll get 100 times more traffic both ways.

Back