Question: Why isn't there a Mining Codex like hunting?

anonimity

Prowler
Society
Freelancer
Kayla Mystique Sinclair
That would make mining awesome. Being able to take rewards on prospecting, surveying, etc.... Come on mindark, pay attention to someone other than hunters for once

castanhas

Provider
Society
TuSaLuSa
filipe castanhas fernandes
yes please.

martinstids

Alpha
Latvieshu Krutaakais Purns
but there are mining missions. its pretty same as codex, isnt it?

castanhas

Provider
Society
TuSaLuSa
filipe castanhas fernandes
but there are mining missions. its pretty same as codex, isnt it?
Not really, there are some "iron" missions , but not for all the ressources, and some u have to unlock, by making other levels from different resources first.

TheRock

Elite
Society
Pain Incoming
TheRock
I guess the time it takes for coders to make it compared to the gains MA will get are not worth it, in their books. Else why was this not implimented yet, i wonder...

SoberPhil

Provider
Philippus SoberPhil Maximus
I feel like this needs a bump, very good idea.

Alina

Elite
Society
freeeeee
Stoica Alina Alina
for what ? some of us are 80-90 prospector with no finders for this level

TheRock

Elite
Society
Pain Incoming
TheRock
for what ? some of us are 80-90 prospector with no finders for this level
Maybe could get other skills other than mining ...

morey

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Aurisk Morey Kenbi
Could use more mining content.

TheOneOmega

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Marie TheOne Omega
This is an interesting shift in perspective (or maybe just a small sample size of responses thus far). A few years ago the general sentiment was that mining/crafting missions and events would likely be counterproductive by attracting more people to those professions and killing their markup.

Fanan

Stalker
Fanan Head Shot
That's why all the current mining missions are for non rare resources. Making a codex for all resources, even for the very rare ones would be crazy hard to achieve with some rare enmatters/ores. Like how many times have you guys found zanderium or tridentine?

Leave it as it is. Plus the mining missions are only for Caly. And I couldn't care less for Calypso mining with stupid waves system.

krazykat

Prowler
Society
The House - Of The Dark Legion
Cassandra Red Savage
That's why all the current mining missions are for non rare resources. Making a codex for all resources, even for the very rare ones would be crazy hard to achieve with some rare enmatters/ores. Like how many times have you guys found zanderium or tridentine?

Leave it as it is. Plus the mining missions are only for Caly. And I couldn't care less for Calypso mining with stupid waves system.
There are mining missions on on the other planets, Ark, Cyrene and Next Island for certain. Not sure about RT,or the others. But I agree with the first part of Fanan's post to a certain extent, though both Caly and Ark have mining missions for common resources.

anonimity

Prowler
Society
Freelancer
Kayla Mystique Sinclair
Also the mining missions currently installed give either prospecting, surveying, treasure hunting. Would be nice to see the rank 5/10/15 rewards give some rarer skills to get from mining much like the hunting rewards work, such as engineering, computer, etc

raulpon

Old
Naming Policy Violation
I have asked crafting missions and L stacking for years. I got L stacking, so it's something :D

Now if we had crafting missions, be great! Getting crafting skills to 100 is...well, it's pretty damn hard, maybe even impossible at my rate.