• No

Votes: 56 57.1%

• Total voters

alh

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Minas alh Lhander
With the recent drops of guns with uber damage that can be used by low skilled players, though at a high price, its pretty clear that MA is trying to even out odds in the coming LG.

Do you think they will make any difference?

Could if there drops enough of them I think... And they are used by players with good RL pk skills, and enough of them organised.

But I kindof doubt it... 4 hours is a long time

What do you think?

It depends on how many guns, whose hands they fall in, and how coordinated all those hands turn out to be.

AG

i dont think they will help you hold a clain, but they will be good for clearing out another soc from the claim.

No. Those who'll win LGs would do it even with opalos and no guns could change it.

No, plain and simple. High level players will buy most of these guns anyway, and I'm guessing there won't be many that drop. Guess how many Star already has? ;)

These guns weren't added for noobs to kill high level players and Ubers. They were added for high level players to kill Ubers, and ubers to kill ubers. Obviously with the low skill requirement anyone could use them... But do you really think you will be able to defend land for 4 hours with one? The answer is no...You defend land with the regular equipment...But you take land with those guns. If you can't defend, there is no point in taking (unless you are helping someone else take).

well since the only two Star rifles in game are owned by Star at the moment and he owns one of the Stormer rifles as well.....

kind of a pointless question...

Plus more ubers than uber dropping guns...

Do we know for a fact that's all of them currently in-game?

I'm just sayin'...

No, plain and simple. High level players will buy most of these guns anyway, and I'm guessing there won't be many that drop. Guess how many Star already has? ;)

I agree with what you're saying about being assault weapons and not usfull for defense, but your reasons here are wrong. Its a crafted item and a cheap to make one at that, so MA could drop hundreds of BP and they could end up in the hands of a very wide range of the player base.

An army of noobs in support just become a tactical advantage :sniper::rofl:

With the recent drops of guns with uber damage that can be used by low skilled players, though at a high price, its pretty clear that MA is trying to even out odds in the coming LG.

Do you think they will make any difference?

No.

Depending on price and availabilty it may be an interesting option for lootable PvP.

It won't have much impact on land grab though. As others have mentioned, to win land you need to be able to hold land for four hours. The Star gun Copern posted about has less than 10 shots in it at full tt. That doesn't help you hold land unless you have a suitcase full of them.

The star gun, the stomer gun, what are these things? More importantly what are their stats and can I get an Outman gun:laugh:?

On the following LG

If over 20 of this guns end on one side of the fight (doesn't even require them to try to win that LG, they could be just rich pkers teasing the defenders, at 30 PED of their contribution (one shoot including markup) they could generate a little havoc):

Yes

If more than 10 end on a top soc still looking for a claim
Yes

(but they weren't mandatory since with level 60 in grenade prof there were already some options available)

It is very unlikely to make a significant difference on the final results.

It just decreases the options to win.

It is no longer possible to just have 2-3 very high HP uberly equiped avatars to win (in the past it happened, not that it would matter in the actual outcome since that soc could pull out other people to join the defense, but it is a fact that the claims where babyseated by less than 1000 HP)

This guns make it mandatory that the total HP babysitting the claim to be at least 2000, otherwise 3 lucky launches and the countdown is set back to start.

And with 150 range its very likely that a soc might try it just for teasing so with 10 shots synchronized it may get to a minimum of 3000 damage which would clean the babysitters that hold most of the claims in the past (if they weren't paying attention and taking actions to counter the situation)

And if such soc has the skills and equipment to hold and defend the claim it might even generate a surprise

Yeah, I agree...

They might do a difference, but it will still be ubers who win.
Just maybe different ubers :)

Will probably add a lot to the excitment for the ones that can participate though.

We mortals will have to wait until after LG, then we might be able to grab one to use for self defence in pvp, that could surely be interesting. :)
Pvp will not be the same after the introduction of these...

I think rockets and (invincible) pets could easily make a bigger difference in LG if used wisely. Both much cheaper and easier to come by.

No way these won't get used in LG though, and if they do they must make some impact given their dmg ...one shot kills of key defenders for example? Someone hiding behind a wall of exas stalkers armed with one of these wouldn't be easy to shift by the strongest uber would they?

t

i dont think they would make a difference in LG well coz ubers will just use their MM or somethin like that

i dont think they would make a difference in LG well coz ubers will just use their MM or somethin like that

Well, the point is a good hit from range with these guns will kill an uber before they get the chance to fire their MM.

The problem is there's a limitted supply and they only fire a few shots, so they won't last long enough to hold a claim for 4 hours.

I'd imagine they'll fall into the hands of ubers who'll use them as a last resort whilst holding or to help with a siege against a strong defence.

They will DEFINITELY affect the LG, but not by being used by med level players against top socs, but rather top socs against top socs.

These low rof, low durability, high damage weapons in both the rifles and rocket launchers will clear out a claim in an instant when used correctly and with coordination (via teamspeak or skype).

Before, an uber with mod fap and plated eon could just fap and run around and never be killed, that will obvious not be the case when 2 average shots from the new rifles or 1 hit from the pulverizer will KO anyone ingame.

These low rof, low durability, high damage weapons in both the rifles and rocket launchers will clear out a claim in an instant when used correctly and with coordination (via teamspeak or skype).

Before, an uber with mod fap and plated eon could just fap and run around and never be killed, that will obvious not be the case when 2 average shots from the new rifles or 1 hit from the pulverizer will KO anyone ingame.

We should open a book on how long it'll take for the best claims to be won. There could be some sleepness nights for the ubers :D

We should open a book on how long it'll take for the best claims to be won. There could be some sleepness nights for the ubers :D

Would be interesting if there are any rogue groups that just wipes a claim party out, then doesn't bother to defend the claim as it would be impossibly difficult. I mean, 4 whole hours... run in every 3 hours and soon even the best of socs will lose from sleep deprivation :D

4 whole hours... run in every 3 hours and soon even the best of socs will lose from sleep deprivation :D

interesting opinions ;)..

just so u know that the 1st LG lasted 12 hours and more for some, but these rifles will spicy up some coming up pvp moments for sure, not more.

Personally i'd be far more paranoid of travelling through pvp4 now, rather than fearing this in LG

i wanna see ma make a 6 hour time limit like they did in the mm event:laugh:

Back