Question: windows on mac osx? anyone?

desidude

Dominant
Society
Supremacy Reign
Srinivas Desidude Rao
can we run windows on mac osx? if so how?

possibly a cheapest option would be great:laugh:..
thanks for u r time..

can we run windows on mac osx? if so how?

possibly a cheapest option would be great:laugh:..
thanks for u r time..

Well, there are solutions like Parallels or VMWare Fusion software. Having Windows installed through BootCamp works much better when it comes to playing Entropia on a Mac though -)

not for playing entropia for sure:laugh: a friend of mine is looking for it.

So I guess he just needs to run one of those few applications that won't run on a Mac (he better re-checks if Mac alternatives are available) and may be exchange data with applications on Mac OS X. Then Parallels would be the most comfortable way for him most likely. It's not free (unless he decides to get it for free ;)) but it's the best solution I've tried myself.

I personally just boot into normal version of Windows I have installed using BootCamp when it's finally time to play (and that's usually hours, so no big deal to reboot) and there's no other application besides Entropia that I really need and can't find on Mac OS X.

Any info on how the macs will handle the cryengine? I want a Macbook Air but don't want to buy one only to find out PE won't play on it.

Any info on how the macs will handle the cryengine? I want a Macbook Air but don't want to buy one only to find out PE won't play on it.

Macbook Air has integrated video memory GMA X3100 just like Macbook does. It won't run PE even as it is now. With some cheating used it can be made to play it without Shaders 3 support, which is not beautiful but at least it works. I strongly doubt I'll be able to play Crytopia on my Macbook though :(

Strongly doubt the Air will work even now as it uses a Intel integrated gx card. Word is that Apple has a pending laptop product refresh coming soon, so specs may change for the better, but I can't see the Air ever being able to run EU without melting into a toxic, plastic blob. I've got EU working like a dream on a MacBook Pro running Bootcamp. I tried Parallels first, but couldn't get it to work (some sort of DirectX translation issue that was beyond me). Also had trouble getting EU to run on my sister's vanilla MacBook, but I think I read that someone else on EF had success getting the MacBook to play ball, so maybe you can find it via search.

Macbook Air has integrated video memory GMA X3100 just like Macbook does. It won't run PE even as it is now. With some cheating used it can be made to play it without Shaders 3 support, which is not beautiful but at least it works. I strongly doubt I'll be able to play Crytopia on my Macbook though :(

{Sad Mac}

Back