Votes: 16 11.0%

• Total voters

Droid

Alpha
Society
SoF
Artwo Droid Detwo
Hi

We have a very exciting year ahead of us, with the CryEngine to come. What I wish is that MA could show us some teasers from ingame with the new engine.
Im sure they working hard with the graphic update and such, but also sure that they easily could take some screens of the progress. I would love to see a screen from Twin Peaks or some other nice and known places.

what do you think?

/Droid

Last edited:
Don't think you'll see many No votes on this one lol!

It's possibly too early for places like Twin, but how the models (creatures, npcs, buildings) look against a plain backdrop is theoretically possible by now, making the assumption that the work done recently is compatible with CryEngine2.

I took the poll with a no option for the ppl that think/know they wont be able to play EU after the new engine been implemented.

It's possibly too early for places like Twin, but how the models (creatures, npcs, buildings) look against a plain backdrop is theoretically possible by now, making the assumption that the work done recently is compatible with CryEngine2.

You might be right, mayby too early for landscape screens, but as you say, I would be happy for models too, just for the teaser :yay:

/Droid

I Agree... Having the possibility to have some preview screens, would made the waiting a bit more acceptable :) anyway, I've seen somewhere (BUT HELL! CANNOT BE ABLE TO FIND IT AGAIN) the first shot of an Eudora landscape with Mountains & water done with the CryEngine...

same one has voted no :eek:.. I want too see them:D

No, I don't care about Cryengine2 and personally would like EU to be build on that delicious Doom engine from ID Software to bring in some good old 2.5D atmosphere of my gaming youth...

Hey, I'm kidding! :laugh:
Of course YES, gimme some preview NOW! :drool:

there IS a trailer coming soon... it was planned for CES but they didnt have time to make it as perfect as they wanted

there IS a trailer coming soon... it was planned for CES but they didnt have time to make it as perfect as they wanted

I cant wait!!! Bring it on NOW!!! :D:D:D

/Droid

want to see preview/teaser from CryEngine

I would love to see something from the new engine I was so excited when I saw cryengine2 was coming to EU I have been drooling with anticipation:tongue4:

There was that video showing CryEngine working in other games, and in test phases, if that's what you mean.

There was that video showing CryEngine working in other games, and in test phases, if that's what you mean.

Nah, Its screens/trailer from EU I/we want :p

I've seen somewhere (BUT HELL! CANNOT BE ABLE TO FIND IT AGAIN) the first shot of an Eudora landscape with Mountains & water done with the CryEngine...

Anyone else seen that screen he talking about?

/Droid

Hi

We have a very exciting year ahead of us, with the CryEngine to come. What I wish is that MA could show us some teasers from ingame with the new engine.
Im sure they working hard with the graphic update and such, but also sure that they easily could take some screens of the progress. I would love to see a screen from Twin Peaks or some other nice and known places.

what do you think?

/Droid

twin peak ?

is that not that wanna be uber town but aint that by far.......
:D

sorry could'nt help it ..... it was too late allready.
but why do u want see it allready.
wait and get hit by the big suprise is much more fun as i see it.
btw there are teasers enhough from the cry thingy.

twin peak ?

is that not that wanna be uber town but aint that by far.......
:D

sorry could'nt help it ..... it was too late allready.
but why do u want see it allready.
wait and get hit by the big suprise is much more fun as i see it.
btw there are teasers enhough from the cry thingy.

lol true :D

Indeed it would be nice with atleast some screenshots of buildings and models so we can imagine how the rest of the world will be :yay:

I just bought a 8600 GLH gainward very cool board makes quake 4 work at 40-63 fps at max settings... other games also work very cool on it... had 5200 points at 3dmark... although i was very disappointed at Crysis ... on a 1024 rezolution, low-medium settings I get 30-40 fps... 15-20 in heavy combat...
So ppl if u dont have at least 5000 points at 3Dmark2006 FORGET ABOUT EU !!!

Well, Cryengine2 is highly scaleable, and we dont know today wich feature/settings MA will use. My guess is that MA probably will start with quite low settings and scale up over time, when ppl start to use more and more powerfull computers. But that is just my guess :D

Btw I tried 3Dmark and got 8740 points, so I think I will manage :D

/Droid

Personally I don't think there is much point. It won't tell us much at all and how many of us will actually believe it if it looks any good?

If they made a trailer and it looked kinda poo in comparison to crysis then I'd believe it but this would obviously upset everyone too.

I can see that most would want to see something though

Wist

I just bought a 8600 GLH gainward very cool board makes quake 4 work at 40-63 fps at max settings... other games also work very cool on it... had 5200 points at 3dmark... although i was very disappointed at Crysis ... on a 1024 rezolution, low-medium settings I get 30-40 fps... 15-20 in heavy combat...

the video card's to run cryengine2 are not avaluable yet .....
buy a better card when u need it.
if i wnat to play sooner then deal with it that u need to set the detail down really far.
crysis is like doom3 in their age's
it's the time far ahead.
if u think about the possibility's that it will give in the following years.... oof that is a lot.
an d i heard soon the new video cards are coming out with extreem power on them.
so just wait a little and relax ;)

Nah, Its screens/trailer from EU I/we want :p

Anyone else seen that screen he talking about?

/Droid

nope not seen it
seen a screenie from farcry lol ..... looks a bit on twin peak as there is a mountain with 2 high top's .
he might have tought that was eu in the new engine :scratch2:
but i can be mistaken here

I think a teaser video won't help because it surely won't show what all will be broken with the new enging.

Tussi

Not really... I've seen it in other games, but I think it's going to be more trouble than it's worth tbh...

the video card's to run cryengine2 are not avaluable yet .....

False...

Every videocard with DX10 on it and shading will work with CE2 in some way...

However I agree that getting the best 3dmark score would be the best... giving ofcourse 1024x768px at minimum and 120FPS at best :)

Back