You can STILL enter the WoF! Open to all teams.

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
We are in the second Stage of Qualifying but the score to beat so far is 8 points.... and the highest is 485. Lots of room for a well-performing (or lucky!) team to squeeze in there.

The more teams enter, the more competition... and less people missing out on the unique experience of a WoF Tournament! Hunt alongside Ubers and noobs alike, all desperate for that next global that will wrestle the lead from their opponents... wondering what loots may drop;)

Get yourself to the Team threads now, make a bid for glory!

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?260-WoF-2014

Hurrikane

Let's keep this post at the top!

Hurrikane is doing an awesome job and everyone should join! :wise:

Still one weekend of Qualifiers to go, not too late to try out...

Hurrikane

Let's keep this post at the top!

Hurrikane is doing an awesome job and everyone should join! :wise:

Perhaps it's a problem with the expenses of this event, VS the potential returns. Many of the reasons to join this event do not exist in the universe today.

In the past, one reason to join was prestige, and to meet other avatars which played hard. Not so much now I think.

Another reason was the WOF mobs usually spammed the global and HOF chat allot, not so much anymore. I don't play allot, I seen a few WoF globals, not enough to take notice of.

Begging for participants just drags this epic historical event into the sewer. EU is dynamic, this event hasn't evolved to be viable.

RIP WOF.

Perhaps it's a problem with the expenses of this event, VS the potential returns. Many of the reasons to join this event do not exist in the universe today.

In the past, one reason to join was prestige, and to meet other avatars which played hard. Not so much now I think.

Another reason was the WOF mobs usually spammed the global and HOF chat allot, not so much anymore. I don't play allot, I seen a few WoF globals, not enough to take notice of.

Begging for participants just drags this epic historical event into the sewer. EU is dynamic, this event hasn't evolved to be viable.

RIP WOF.

:( sad to read something like this, I think WoF is one of the best events held in EU. For short time out of the year, over series of weekends there is a three hour period of time I look forward to, even though I know I am going to loose my ass in decay and ammo consumption.

I hope it evolves and expands actually and doesn't die. I hope it starts to include hunts on other planets or starts other WoF events on other planets. I actually like the design of the contest with qualifiers, the bracket breakdown matches, semi finals, finals, how teams are organized by RL countries, EU continents, EU Planets or other EU affiliations. Even though it is a grind match for globals and pretty much is a DPS challenge it is fun to participate in at any level of skill as opposed to about any other events held in the game.

:( sad to read something like this...

Dont be sad dude. WOF IS EPIC.

imho its what you make of it & for me its the best time i have in EU.

RIP WOF.

Was just gonna delete this for unwelcome negativity but thought I'd respond instead. The "dead" event you describe is currently engaging several hundred avatars. It was started on two weeks' notice when it normally has three months of build-up and there hasn't been one for a year. Of course I want to get more people involved. It's better when there's more. But it's pretty good now. This WoF is a testing-ground for MA's proper involvement that should result in a bigger, better event each year. So thank you for your concern but the WoF's doing just fine. As you say, you don't play a lot. The WoF is for people who do.

Hurrikane

Back