Respect

Outman

Prowler
Earth DUH! NASA won't sell the moon base till 202
Society
Rising Potentials
Daniel Outman Jackson
Given the recent issues, do you feel that Mindark respects the players enough? Should the players respect Mindark more? Should players respect each other more?

MA is definatly droping a lot of big loots, But none seem to drop my way. Do I tie that to respect, no. I am not sure what your trying to say maby explain your thoughts a bit more.

The was suppose to be a poll, but I messed up and there isn't one. Sorry

As far as respect it is more like do we mistreat each other, does MA mistreat us, etc. Loot in my opion is just the business part of this game, and we all know it will be bad at times good at others. So I would say bad loot sucks, but it isn't disrespectful. That is just my view of it, everyone is intitled to their own view of things.

Given the recent issues, do you feel that Mindark respects the players enough? Should the players respect Mindark more? Should players respect each other more?

MA lacks respect for personal investments (such as LA's getting changed and TPs getting moved from LA's) which right now i feel is a really big deal. In General MA/FPC shows good respect to the players at least now days when we are being kept well informed of what is going on in the updates and so on. They do slightly try to change back what was changed, i would be thankful if they in the future checked with the players that owns e.t.c LA's if they are allowed to change the landscape and so on. The general lack of loot is a problem, they know what would make us happy, a lot of small spread out loot that everyone gets and not a lot of HUUUGE ass ATH's. But they chose not to do so.

Players don't need to respect MA. That is up to etch person to choose for him/herself.
Being constructive why not (If they speak out about it here) is very important on the other hand, els it just turns out into whining.

How players treats etch others and how much respect they show is up to their own social capacity and will to do / not do so.

This is what i think.

IMO:

MA historically has shown very little respect for their player base, anyone can see that.

If MA wants respect they need to earn it. You don't get respect by blowing smoke up people asses for literally years on end. You get it by communicating, listening, and delivering and caring. EU ain't the only game in town, boys - get over yourselves. And from the looks of things lately we players are getting over you pretty damn quick.

And yeah, generally we players need to have a little more respect for each other. We're in this mess together, we need to stick together.

I should say overall I think MA is improving. There have been some set backs, but overall it could be worse.

I might get flamed for this but I think peeps should respect MA/FPC more, no matter if you agree or disagree with them on the issue of the day or how mad you might be. If my customers talked to and about me and my company like the people around here talk to and about MA/FPC I would literally ask them to leave and never come back, in fact I have. It's pretty much the same at any gaming forum, luckily in RL it normally won't come to that since people treat each other much better than they do online, we'd be out of business otherwise. After all in the end, game or no game, company or not, virtual world or real, we're all just people trying to work together for a better whatever.

Respect is earned 1st of all. Players that are MA golden boys paid for MA's respect as they should get it given how much money they put into the game. Not just money but also showing up at events paid or not to promote the game. Personally if MA invited/paid for me to attend a show and I was able to make it I would push EU hard to the customers. I love the game and I have been leading SOCs since 2005 in EU. Do I get frustrated at times hell ya, (losing my ass in there atm). Have I gotten to the point of selling out been on my mind. Have I been 100% happy with support no,,, I have had a support case open for over a month now and just had to reopen one for the same issue(maybe I start a thread about that).

I have a lot of complaints about EU/MA but they still have a very fun and enjoyable product/improving product. many things to do in EU and if your board look up a m8 on the other side of the world and chat politics or something. Go back to the community and enjoy company, playing as a community instead of a bunch of anarchist might help a bit.

Bottom line EU is what YOU make of it!!! If you don't like it get the hell out the game isn't for you...

Reactions: Ozi
Well every person and culture will have their own definition of what respect means.

Personally I think one earns respect and in the case of this MMO its a two way streak. There is always room for improvement on both ends that's just the nature of any type of relationship whether it be personal or of a business type nature.

Sometimes it helps to step in someone elses shoes and try to see it from their perspective. One big thing everyone on both sides needs to realize is that nothing is perfect on either side.

I remember giving MA a couple weeks to get things squared with each new standard VU before forming a hard core opinion. VU10 was and still is a huge undertaking so I am willing to cut the Dev team some slack. If I can't handle the expense or bugs or low graphics because of my dated PC then I find something else to do.

Overall people are just people they err. There are living breathing people who are putting hard work into EU maybe things don't always go as planned. PE/EU has been and always will be a work in progress. I get that even though sometimes I even get testy like during the low memory message flooding.

So in closing....yeah respect is earned but something we all should ask ourselves are we deserving of others respect through our own actions.
Posted via Mobile Device

After all in the end, game or no game, company or not, virtual world or real, we're all just people trying to work together for a better whatever.

That is the same line that MA keeps using. "Rah, rah, rah, let's all work together." But, you know what? That's not my responsibility, and it isn't yours. It is the responsibility of the people who are being paid a salary, not of those who are footing the bill for said salary.

That is the same line that MA keeps using. "Rah, rah, rah, let's all work together." But, you know what? That's not my responsibility, and it isn't yours. It is the responsibility of the people who are being paid a salary, not of those who are footing the bill for said salary.

That's right, it's not my responsibility but it doesn't mean that since I had a bad day I get to spit in somebody's face as they go about trying to take care of their responsibilities just because I'm paying.

That's right, it's not my responsibility but it doesn't mean that since I had a bad day I get to spit in somebody's face as they go about trying to take care of their responsibilities just because I'm paying.

That is true, but this has nothing to do with one bad day. If a business is providing a subpar or defective product, or provides terrible service, then the customers have every right to speak up. However, I suspect that this thread has more than a little to do with recent forum happenings.

That is true, but this has nothing to do with one bad day. If a business is providing a subpar or defective product, or provides terrible service, then the customers have every right to speak up. However, I suspect that this thread has more than a little to do with recent forum happenings.

The forum happenings are what caused me to post this thread, but over all I hope to use this as a chance to review the overall level of respect we want from FPC, and MA, compared to what we are getting. I mean these recent happenings have caused a lot of people to think about withdrawing a bit(I know of a few people who are thinking about it).

With planets coming, and this new system in place I think its time MA (maybe the players to) shape up. I mean if MA wants us to respect them lets get a system going, maybe MA/FPC could hold weekly polls. These issues occur because we feel MA is ignoring us, and MA feels we are being too hard on them, maybe with some more communication this wouldn't happen. Take some polls regarding player happyness, see if one feature should be put on the fast track to being completed. If MA wants us to help represent their game, and platform we should have a say in it. I feel if systems like this were in place everyone would be a whole lot happier, and MA would make a bit more cash ;).

This game started out being something new and exciting, cutting edge if ou will, lets keep the trend going. Set a new standard for how gaming companies deal with the customers, make us feel like we are helping to make this game something. I don't wanna feel like I am watching a ship sink, I wanna see this thing fly and I wanna help make it happen damit.

Does MA respect the players?

"The long awaited Footguards."

Definately no respect for the players intelligence anyway.

I respect my truck my gun and my dog.:)

I might get flamed for this but I think peeps should respect MA/FPC more, no matter if you agree or disagree with them on the issue of the day or how mad you might be. If my customers talked to and about me and my company like the people around here talk to and about MA/FPC I would literally ask them to leave and never come back, in fact I have. It's pretty much the same at any gaming forum, luckily in RL it normally won't come to that since people treat each other much better than they do online, we'd be out of business otherwise. After all in the end, game or no game, company or not, virtual world or real, we're all just people trying to work together for a better whatever.

If people talked about your business like you stated there....you'd be losing them because not many customers spend money when they don't get respect. They PAY the company for a service. That silliness about banning them is like someone going into a bar, ordering a drink or a snack, getting bad service or bad food, and getting thrown out for saying something about it. What kind of business throws customers out because they got bad service? Matter of fact, what kind of company locks customers because of an error the company made ..that one's easy isn't it? :laugh:

MA aren't doing us any favours here, they WANT OUR MONEY not our love..love won't pay their wages.

If you treat customers like shit of course they complain...if you treat customers well you won't have a problem because they will be happy and recommend your business.

If you don't see that you're doing something wrong or that customers aren't happy...well you aren't trying and deserve what you get IMO.

The quality is always remembered long after the price has been forgotten.
People are more than happy to pay a little more as long as they get value for it.

t

You are aware that it's not allowed to criticise MA/FPC or any staff, or communicate directly with them on EF...and have a look at the last time someone got David to reply in a thread...closed right away before anyone else could comment.

No-one is spitting in faces here...just expressing dissatisfaction when they aren't happy. Mostly that's purely due to poor communication..a very old problem that we were told was being addressed.

We'd all love to see EU take off and be what it could be and was promised it was going to be...but it's looking like never getting there except in the imagination of some people sometimes. We haven't been here for years because we dislike it, or MA after all.

t

the people playing this game should respect each other more and I belive that MA respect the people playing the game, since they take their time ´helping people. It doesn't take long for them to send a reply if you send a supply case, even if it might not be very helpfull

You are aware that it's not allowed to criticise MA/FPC or any staff, or communicate directly with them on EF...and have a look at the last time someone got David to reply in a thread...closed right away before anyone else could comment.

A thread which never should have been posted in the beginning since the OP got something wrong or wanted to get something wrong (it was pretty clear what VU 10 would be like). I don't see any problem here since it is not MA's fault if people are too dumb to read/understand a simple announcement.
Anyways, no respect for whiners, simple as this. You cannot please them anyways they will always find something to cry about.

yes, yes and yes to all three questions asked in this post!

Respect...? From MA...???

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Back