Doing a Skippie

Spawn

Slayer
Society
The Ministry
Storm Spawn Bootcamp
In this thread: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/hunting/108197-skippies-how-2-profit-thread.html Skippie will prove that it is possible to profit if you have the gear and the skills.

I will never have the gear, and probably not even the skills, but I will try to follow Skippies footsteps.

Skippie uses this gear:

Mod Merc
Ranger 3500 + Terrus 600 SE x2
Adjusted Fap
Goot Tailoring Refiner
Lesser Teleport Chip
bD Implant

I dont have much money so I bought

A p5a pistol that does half the damage per second.. and i will mount my trusted a105 onto that, and repair it if it breaks and keep track of the decay of the amp. I know the comparison isn't true here already but hey..
I dont need scopes or lasers, since im 10/10

Instead of the adjusted fap i will use warrior/berserker+ 5b on the first run which is nexnecis.
Skippies adjusted fap heals 50 at 2 pecs decay
a nex young upto old does not do enough damage to me for me to have to fap in berserker/5b which decays 1.8

goot tailoring refiner
lesser tp chip
bd implant

I will hunt the same ground, with the same amount of ammo.

so run 1: nexnexis, 1000 peds ammo..

what this will prove? I dont know for sure. let's see.

oww and im level 37 handgunnier..
and got about 3k evade and other naturally skilled def skills.

Edit: I noticed berserker+5b is not going to cut it especially with the old and guardians

added: bear/boar/paladin+5b + panic fap ek2350 + vivo t1

Last edited:
Run 1: 1000 peds ammo nexnecis

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

1027 peds loot, 1 global

decay:

139.12 decay from armour and fap

a105 amp repair: 5x 43.66= 218.66

p5a markup + decay= 308(138%)-222 (=tt) 86 peds + 99 (decay) =185 peds

1027 - 1000 (ammo) = +27 peds

--------
-515 peds

conclusions of run 1:

loot is the same as skippie, but due to armour decay, amp decay and markup and gun decay, I am really loosing here compared to skippie.

run 2: 500 peds on drones 1-8 (and the occassional argo, warrior and trooper)

423 peds loot, no globals

63 peds repair
a105 repairs: 2x 43,66=87,32
p5a decay: will do that later have to go to work now. (about 46 peds i think)

423-500= -77
- 63 repairs
-87.32 amp decay
-46 peds p5a decay

= - 273.32 loss

overall loss:
-788.32 peds

run 3: 300 peds, fort fury to camp phoenix

loot:

repairs:

loot 628-300 ammo = +328
repairs 29,03
amp decay 2x 43.66= 87.32

run 3= +211 peds (pure tt)
p5a decay 31 peds

Click to enlarge

291 peds back from 300 peds ammo.. not too bad

Click to enlarge

low decay due to not using amp and karma killer instead of p5a/a105

300-291-34,95= -43,95

overall loss 620,95 peds

Last edited:
This is great idea, MORE projects like this !

we need ordinary players in such projects coz they are the core of EU, no MM/imp/mod users ...

let all those P5/H400/a104 do their projects and show their stats

GL M8, HF

we need ordinary players in such projects coz they are the core of EU, no MM/imp/mod users ...

GL M8, HF

Agreed, the participant base for 12 months ago upto now would not acquire any of the hardcore hunters gear for years to come, that being said ..

Good luck on this project, Lootius Bless.
I shall watch your results with interest great interest :)

~ Sparkz

+rep for initiating a down to earth project for the masses.
Well once I spread some love around anyway :D

run 1 completed.. check out the results.. interesting is that the loot is about the same as skippie..

If i had to make a really non-scientific first assumption:

Loot is independant of skill, decay or anything. Loot is loot.
You can profit if:
-you kill a mob before it reaches you
-you do not have to fap while fighting
-you can kill a mob without wearing armour
-you do all of the above with a weapon that delivers punch without too much decay

now going for run 2: 500 ped ammo on drones 1-9

Last edited:
Really nice test. Will follow your and Skip's results.

GL with run 2

Dont even try it!!!You dont have the smallest chance to make profit with 500 ped decay!

~140 ped armor/fap decay is a lot. :eek:
Seems these mobs are too big for your setup.

~140 ped armor/fap decay is a lot. :eek:
Seems these mobs are too big for your setup.

I second that.

My typical 500 ped ammo hunt (750 with gun/amp decay) brings about 7-8 ped in armor/fap decay. If you want to profit, you must hunt economically.

Run 1: 1000 peds ammo nexnecis

139.12 decay from armour and fap

loot is the same as skippie, but due to armour decay, amp decay and markup and gun decay, I am really loosing here compared to skippie.

You seem to have picked too big of a mob for your gear and skills: you got about 10% of your decay from armor and FAP.

To make this a realistic comparison, you have to pick a mob you can kill as easily and cheaply [Edit: and as quickly -- that may be very relevant] with eco SIB gear as he can kill with MM. What you are doing here is something different, not "a skippie". :laugh:

Also, a single (long) hunt is obviously not enough to draw any conclusions. Do a bunch more on an easier mob, perhaps with amped P4a which is dirt cheap, and then let's see how you do.

Edit: LOL not the first to say that...

Last edited:
To make this a realistic comparison, you have to pick a mob you can kill as easily and cheaply with eco SIB gear as he can kill with MM. What you are doing here is something different, not "a skippie".

Skippie deliberately picked mobs "anyone" can kill to prove his point. as he says
on various lowish mid mobs
Im picking exactly the same mobs he picked with mid-level eco gear. (p5a/a105)

Not to profit, but to compare the results.

Question: What happens if I try to do the same with non-uber gear..? The answer from first run is: pay in decay!

In the first run i wanted to go with warrior/5b as armour because the decay was less then fapping with adj fap, but found i died too fast, And decided to wear bigger armour.

Run 2 on drones I will have better results i think, because the mob doesnt require me to fap. With a mix of shogun/paladin and some bear parts and 6a they don't hit me too hard. Ofcourse I will have a lot more decay then skippie's nekked butt, but it's nice to compare.

Im predicting the loot will be about the same.. and the decay will be much higher.. ofcourse..

Last edited:
True, the gear costs alot. I paid ~220k for the MM alone. Market on the Adj Fap is running ~50k, i guess. Add to that that my total skill of ~165k that is largely straight up and down the Laser Pistoleer, Damager, Evader and Paramedic professions and that it caries a market value of ~150k. This experiment should show the results of what around 400k+ of skill and gear (and 30 months of hard work) can produce. Does it produce a profitable hunting experience?

We shall see.

I think the point is when threads are posted about how ppl with Mod Mercs that say they profit consistantly are full of BS cause someone with CB 13 L is not having the same experience as them, it's usually cause ppl with Mod Mercs are too busy firing them to document results.

So I figured what's the harm in a little documentation and sharing.

I hope to do 100 such 1000 PED runs solely on mobs that can be killed by pretty much any player in game. I'll skip the Bibos, Exas and Snables. But expect the usual suspects of Feff, Drones, Bristle, etc.

well, that's just the thing. if i can break even on tt, hunting tiny mobs with significant overkill and less than maxed stats, then every L gun user in game should be able to, theoretically, if they put their eco to the same conditions that i put mine too.

Actually, i don't see how you justify that. His point was to validate or repudiate statements from uber gear owners that they profit all the time.

He picked "tiny" mobs to minimize his decay, because he knew that to profit on tt that would be important (the best way to simulate being an uber with uber gear is to hunt a mob you can kill just as economically and just as fast). Pick "tiny" mobs for your weapons and you'll be doing a valid comparison. He's currently running slightly below 100% pretty consistently, so i expect if you pick reasonable mobs and hunt with amped P4A and almost no other decay, you'll eventually see about the same.

I have consistently had an overall tt return of 90% or perhaps a bit better through my hunting career, and much of that was with M2A on truly tiny mobs. I found almost the same tt return on scipulors over the last two months, a big mob using a big gun -- but still getting less armor/fap decay relative to the output than you did that first run. There are more and bigger ups and downs on big mobs, though.

Rather than have a go at your project it would be nice if these guys could sit back and read the results and comment later, all a bit hasty on their behalf.

Watch and read and make 'considered' input when more data is available.

I am interested in how it pans out and since i am reading Skippies thread and this thread hopefully i will be able to account for any differences.

As with Skippie it's a good read Spawn, and informative :)

+rep

Cloud

Rather than have a go at your project it would be nice if these guys could sit back and read the results and comment later, all a bit hasty on their behalf.

Watch and read and make 'considered' input when more data is available.

If the protocol was correct, waiting for more data would be the proper thing to do; as we've seen the protocol to be flawed, the data itself is irrelevant and therefore waiting to make those comments would have been pointless, and in fact a disservice.

I'm happy to grab some :popcorn: and watch this unfold, i just wanted to make it clear that what Spawn is doing is not in any way analogous to what Skippie is doing.

Now, back to your show. :)

GL M8, HF

check my "old" project for "we need ordinary players in such projects coz they are the core of EU, no MM/imp/mod users ..." ... you will find that "the core" is loosing peds and "gods" profit

check my "old" project for "we need ordinary players in such projects coz they are the core of EU, no MM/imp/mod users ..." ... you will find that "the core" is loosing peds and "gods" profit

The "gods" have learned to sell things at markup instead of TTing them. You keep shooting yourself in the foot; please don't do that and then vent on others.

Spawn, just want to make it clear i'm not having a go at you personally, i'm just interested in seeing an apples-to-apples comparison to satisfy my own curiosity about this.

This is about tt return. With uber mobs, it's not so much about tt return as it is about markup items. However, because it's about tt return, hunting tiny mobs relative to each weapon setup is a valid comparison.

Nice project. On the other hand, even with decay, you are close in results from what Skippie is getting. A bad run for him would look like your run or worse. So more data would help. The FAP and armor you use on those mobs is not the best possible, but it would do. I would have tried 5b plates or 8a + gremlin or Serum (L). And I would use a FAP like T20 if you have the skills or T15.
Skippie is doing the best to use his MM in the best conditions. You don't do the best to use your gun in the best conditions. but even so, I expect similar results over time. You may lose few peds, but not much.

Edit.
Skippie is hunting mobs that anyone could hunt when he reach the level to manage them, so hunting Nex because he dose, is not so good. He was hunting some other mobs, and choosing one of them may give you better results.

p5a markup + decay= 308(138%)-222 (=tt) 86 peds + 99 (decay) =185 peds

You should only count the markup on the decay of the p5a that you actually used.

99 * 1.38 = 136.62

not 185.

well all that above me being said, I think we shall wait for the results from another hunt.. lower mobs, drones as he said.. I think?

Last edited:
If the protocol was correct, waiting for more data would be the proper thing to do; as we've seen the protocol to be flawed, the data itself is irrelevant and therefore waiting to make those comments would have been pointless, and in fact a disservice.

I'm happy to grab some :popcorn: and watch this unfold, i just wanted to make it clear that what Spawn is doing is not in any way analogous to what Skippie is doing.

Now, back to your show. :)

That's cool, i still think we just see Spawns and Skippies as two similar runs and utilise the data as best can be, but i take your point and also sit back for the show :)

I think putting forward the differences for discussion rather than suggesting its invalid would be most productive, but not pointing that at anyone in particular :)

I think these projects like Spawn and Skippie are doing are some of the best threads on EF.

Cloud

i just wanted to make it clear that what Spawn is doing is not in any way analogous to what Skippie is doing.

You made it clear. Now point me to where I said I was doing skippie analogue?
I like females doer, you know that. Although doing a skippie.. that;s analogue enough i guess..

seriously... im not trying to prove skippie's point.. he can do that himself. This is my thread, just following in his footsteps doing what he did with the gear I can afford.
And yes I could have done maybe a bit better on the nex in the first run.. with less decay. but it was my first big hunt on those ever.. so i didnt know what to expect. (only from entropedia)

Im continuing soon with the drones.

p5a/a105 with the following armour: paladin arms, shins, mask, bear gloves, harness, boar feet, shogun thighs all 6a plated.
500 peds ammo
fap-5 , ek-2350 (only in panic)

if someone wants to give me pointers on what would be more eco, without having to fap, let me know.

hi spawn.

interesting response and even more interesting results.

i saw on the thread somewhere that you said during your 1000 ped nexnecis run you only had one global. i had 6-7 i believe during that run, sure that had you had the same amount of looters it would have easily paid for amp decay, not sure about fap or armor.

although a fap 5 is ubah, i used one myself for a long, long time.

i suspect that there is something to high dam per sec, paired with eco, that allows a much different access to loot than can be had with a p5a or something over the same amount of time.

with that said, i'll be looking forward to following your results and wish you better luck than i've had along the way thus far.

learn from my mistakes, maybe stay off the equus. ;)

well in general
skippie isnt factoring in what he paid for his mm

so for example 5a is tt+50 or something so this guys is factoring in that tt+ each hunt
Personally if your paying 50-100 above the tt of a weapon your chances of making profit in the long run is very slim

you cant just throw away 50-100 ped per gun and expect to make it up...

well in general

so for example 5a is tt+50 or something so this guys is factoring in that tt+ each hunt
Personally if your paying 50-100 above the tt of a weapon your chances of making profit in the long run is very slim

you cant just throw away 50-100 ped per gun and expect to make it up...

and ppl still are saying:
"get high eco Limited gun and you will profit"

fact is each limited gun produce additional 50-100peds = Markup which must be "found" and payed from loot...so you must be lucky or wise to PRODUCE THIS EXTRA 50-100 PEDS and produce more free peds to keep profit.
As we all know...its magic barrier to pass. Its like trying to drink 0.7 Litre of vodka when you bought only 0.5 Litre ...

i am however figuring in that i could currently sell my MM to several ppl for what i paid, so the MM costs me literally nothing but the 100% decay of it.

i am however figuring in that i could currently sell my MM to several ppl for what i paid, so the MM costs me literally nothing but the 100% decay of it.

thats why Limited ppl cant profit, because each gun you buy...you must hope that "extra" amount of peds (markup) will be covered by loot...and loot is xx % return of TT you spend during killing...
If such Limited person can profit...person with maxed impmk2 should only play entropia 8 hours/day as his/her job...

Do simple calculations...compare dmg/pec of maxed impmk2 and maxed p5a @ 140% , pick a mob (for exmaple: 10k of neconu with maxed impmk2 and 10k neconu with p5a @ 140%...you will see huge difference in spend amount of peds to do this) , average dmg, do the math and :holyshit: :)
But many ppl dont understand this and I think again many of you will -rep me for this post...

and ppl still are saying:
"get high eco Limited gun and you will profit"

fact is each limited gun produce additional 50-100peds = Markup which must be "found" and payed from loot...so you must be lucky or wise to PRODUCE THIS EXTRA 50-100 PEDS and produce more free peds to keep profit.
As we all know...its magic barrier to pass. Its like trying to drink 0.7 Litre of vodka when you bought only 0.5 Litre ...

Nah, it's more like trying to piss .7L of vodka when you drank .5L. Sure you can do it, but you're dehydrated and have one hell of a hangover. ;)

Try an UnL sib gun that might change the results. The other thing is by hunting what Skippie hunted you can prove that what comes in is usually the same which kills the personal loot pool theory.

Nah, it's more like trying to piss .7L of vodka when you drank .5L. Sure you can do it, but you're dehydrated and have one hell of a hangover. ;)

ahh the shit
True, damn, I failed trying to translate Hunting system :p

OT: More eco would be ghost (except feet, use zombie there) +6B, Maddox IV (unamped) and hunt small up medium Allophyl ( up to guardian) . Maddox should last for a 250 PED run.
With your skills that should be way more economical than hunting something where even the young one do around 100 dmg per hit.
I don't think it is possible to exactly the same run as somebody else.
Too many factors which can not be reproduced.
Nobody knows, how loot works here. Could quite possibly be, that i you need 1.2 seconds more to take out one specific mob you get an ATH, if you take 1.21 you get nothing.
Could be also that your karma was not right, you were not feeling lucky and a pidgeon attacked you in a paralell universe :D

Back