Hunting argo dirt cheap

MR. Fresh

Dominant
Banned
Society
Freelancer
Hello i was going to hunt argo with pixie and a P4a+104 but i want the best anser to the MOSSST ECO armor and plates for baby twin argo and with an sk fap20 is what i use...i die alot because i get 3 or 4 on me so plez i ned opinions:):xmas:

P4 + A104 is the most eco you're gunna get unless you have unL Mod LR32 or Imk2 + commando.
Grab gnome + 2As and you're off to earn yourself some peds.

I use to grind small argo's with Explorer +5b and always swarmed with mobs, mostly 1 dmg's and a pretty nice/low decay bill.

As for weapon, you almost can't get more eco then with P4A+A104.

weapon eco (before calcling markup) is inconsequential. p5a/korss/hl6, with opalo and unamped p5 finisher
If you want to spend less, it will be a by not needing to fap while shooting a mob. faster weapons will achieve this more effectively. Ghost +5b/8a is my choice

Your aim should be to reduce
(fap+armor expense)/(fap+armor+weapon expense)

I've been eco-camping argos for over a month now. In the past, I did use p4a+104 combo with pixie armor, but I've switched to p5a+104. The p5a is a little less eco, but the armor decay you save sort of makes up for it, and you don't spend hours hunting (time is money).

I also suggest carrying a long range tagger, so you don't get more than one mob on you at any one time. I use the punisher mk2 for that. If you can engage one mob at a time, you won't need to fap during battle, so just use a vivoT1 in between fights.

If you want even more economy (and have these lying around), go with valiant armor + 5A plates, instead of pixie. It'll save you about 0.1 pec per hit in armor decay for pretty much the same protection.

See you near twin peaks.

Good point by Immortal about the finishing weapon.

I have 2 levels of finisher weapons. If my main p5a+104 is overkill, I switch to p3a+102. If even that is overkill, switch to p1a+101. This will save you lots of ped in the long run.

If you count skills into it, going naked and fapping more can be an alternative. If you have the evade for it. You dont get any skills from armour deccay.

if you count skills into it, going naked and fapping more can be an alternative. If you have the evade for it. You dont get any skills from armour deccay.

want a bet

If you want to avoid dying be more careful and take them one at a time. I seldom have more than one on me at a time. Gnome armour is then sufficient

weapon eco (before calcling markup) is inconsequential. p5a/korss/hl6, with opalo and unamped p5 finisher
If you want to spend less, it will be a by not needing to fap while shooting a mob. faster weapons will achieve this more effectively. Ghost +5b/8a is my choice

Your aim should be to reduce
(fap+armor expense)/(fap+armor+weapon expense)

I agree about the weapon choices, and that killing as fast as possible is an effective way, but ghost+5B for small argos? lol young-gatherer does mostly 1s on unplated ghost. When I hunt argos at twin I use pretty much any weapon. Be it kesmek slo, H380+A103, Korss+103, HL6+A103, CB19+beast, etc. I use unplated ghost and on either of these weapon combos, even the kesmek or H380, I rarely need to fap, so I think that 5Bs would be pushing it.

If you read Jimmy B's thread on armour decay you'll see that if an argo young does 20 dmg, it will hit the armour for 15 dmg impact and 5 dmg cut (according to entropedia), then the hit is already reduced to 1, but if you have 5B plates it will hit the 5B plates for the same, and the 5Bs will decay in vain.

Rascal+2a

Posted via Mobile Device

If you count skills into it, going naked and fapping more can be an alternative. If you have the evade for it. You dont get any skills from armour deccay.

want a bet

lol reminds me of someone while I was hunting caudas near the argo spawn at twin, he said that me using tt knives and wearing ghost was uneco, so I asked him his setup, and watched him have a fap fest with no armour taking 3 caudas with an axe, I asked him his setup and he said Axe 1x0 and ek2350 :laugh:

He then tried explaining that evade is the best armour, but thats completely untrue, if the mobs miss you so much, then whats wrong with wearing armour if it decays so little? Obviously the mobs will hit you, and when they do I think it's better to spend 1.5 pec on armour decay receiving 1 dmg rather than recieving 20 dmg and spending 6 pec per heal while having you're mobs regen.

I agree about the weapon choices, and that killing as fast as possible is an effective way, but ghost+5B for small argos? lol young-gatherer does mostly 1s on unplated ghost. When I hunt argos at twin I use pretty much any weapon. Be it kesmek slo, H380+A103, Korss+103, HL6+A103, CB19+beast, etc. I use unplated ghost and on either of these weapon combos, even the kesmek or H380, I rarely need to fap, so I think that 5Bs would be pushing it.

If you read Jimmy B's thread on armour decay you'll see that if an argo young does 20 dmg, it will hit the armour for 15 dmg impact and 5 dmg cut (according to entropedia), then the hit is already reduced to 1, but if you have 5B plates it will hit the 5B plates for the same, and the 5Bs will decay in vain.

Actually yes thats a good point (i rarely hunt stuff that does only one's anyone) ghost+6a then :D

Just my 2pec... and what i generally use at Twin:

Rascal unplated
Korss H400 no amp

For those small argos I use germlin unplated and Korss400 + A103.

No problem to hunt at twin with this setup. Ok, sometimes a little fapping while tanking argo hunter :D

I've been eco-camping argos for over a month now. In the past, I did use p4a+104 combo with pixie armor, but I've switched to p5a+104. The p5a is a little less eco, but the armor decay you save sort of makes up for it, and you don't spend hours hunting (time is money).

I also suggest carrying a long range tagger, so you don't get more than one mob on you at any one time. I use the punisher mk2 for that. If you can engage one mob at a time, you won't need to fap during battle, so just use a vivoT1 in between fights.

If you want even more economy (and have these lying around), go with valiant armor + 5A plates, instead of pixie. It'll save you about 0.1 pec per hit in armor decay for pretty much the same protection.

See you near twin peaks.

Well yes, more DPS is nice, and "time is money". If you really want to go by this, grab yourself a DOA :D

May I suggest 5A plates, or am I too biased for that? :D

2A plates: 600 durability ; Impact 5 ; Cut 3; Burn 1
5A plates: 3100 durability ; Impact 7 ; Cut 4

Don't know how economical it is, but I usually use 2875 w/A104 amp and no armor. Long as they don't get bigger than Hunter I don't have to fap very often.

pixie +2a and a p4a + 104 amp is the best combo for me at least. Almost no decay on armor and the gun eco is great.

are there any tests on how much evade (or other skills) you skill with or without armour? Seems logical to get some kind of skillgain for your armour deccay I suppose.

I havent really thought about it that much. I do know that with better fapping skills you will be getting more heal out of your faps/click.

Just have the evade and hps so you are not standing around fapping too much, while the mobs regenerate. (ofc dieing is not so good either)

I havent really thought about it that much. I do know that with better fapping skills you will be getting more heal out of your faps/click.

Fap skillgain is realted to the amount of pedburn+item used, it has no relation to number of clicks

Well, the first thing to do for better eco is to get a tagging weapon such as a Punisher and tag one at a time.
By doing that you should cut down dramatically on the times you have 3-4 Argos decaying your armour while you kill them one by one.
Pixie+5As will serve you well for armour.

IMHO.

The setup I generally use for twin is kobald/5a plates, with Korss 400(L) for a weapon... as a finisher, I usually just beat em with my powerfist. :silly2:

I find this to be a good combo all the way around. Even when I have multiple argo on me, I rarely have to FAP... young-scout hitting me with 1-6 dmg, gatherer, sometimes more, and guardians, generally about 12-15dmg. Only time I really have to FAP with that setup is if I stumble onto a hunter... or he stumbles onto me, whichever the case.

If the hunter is alone, I can generally take it... if there are a few other mobs, especially guardians... forget shooting, just die, dont waste FAP decay or ammo.

Hope you find a good setup that works for you!

In fact; I always use pixie+5b . Those argos in Twin never hit me more than 2 damage per hit; mostly at 1 damage; unless after 1~2h; when the protection of the armour less effective; I can get like 3~4 damage per hit.

The problem is when you meet Argo hunter; it can hit like 40~50 damage. Well; carry a big gun with you (BL1000+Beast or Cause is good enough; or lazer weapon with the same damage/s or higher); you can solo Hunter in Pixie+5b+Fap too.

Don't know how economical it is, but I usually use 2875 w/A104 amp and no armor. Long as they don't get bigger than Hunter I don't have to fap very often.

Thats what I use 2875 with A104 pr ep41 with A104 ann no armor. Have to fap if I get a group on me and if a Hunter hits me I need to fap once or twice. I seem to come out even or a bit ahead with this set up on a 200 ped hunt more often than not.

Ghost + 2B plates is the cheapest (affordable and not (L) ) armour to use on small Argos. Or Ghost with 1C or 1A plates is about the same.
If Ghost is too expensive there is:
Rascal + 3A
Gremlin + 2A
Goblin + 5B
Pixie + 5B

Gypsy

I would go with pixi 5a , for gun , what ever in SIB weapon with the lowest % you can , i am kinda sure the cb 13 from trox at 102% is enought(you can amp with T rap at 102% if you feel a bit slow) and give som good eco in the end :) som riker 3 UL with a105 would be the best i guess :)

Anyway , most of time , even weapon with great stat get under average eco as soon as you pay a % on them.The dps are over estimed if you dont go after mobs that deal big domage and you dont need big armor.On low mobs , check only for best eco you can and so often very low %
Dont go under the 2.8.

You can use a finished like opalo , but now so easy on low hp mobs...

As for evade , buying 1 or 2 chip to geth you first K lvl is always a good investissement.
I dont think it worth to buy tons of it before getting on hight lvl mobs , but , invest 1k ped in that skill may save money in long run.
Angain this is valid only if your evade is still very low... if you have already 2 or 3k evade dont bother , better to get som hp :)

Last edited:
actually my set up is:
p5-102
pixie
t20
i handle 5-10 argos on me + hunter..... i guess the point here is not the weapon and armor but your evade.
Actually evade (and maybe dodge) is the only profession that u can really feel the difference moving up

In fact; I always use pixie+5b . Those argos in Twin never hit me more than 2 damage per hit; mostly at 1 damage; unless after 1~2h; when the protection of the armour less effective; I can get like 3~4 damage per hit.

The problem is when you meet Argo hunter; it can hit like 40~50 damage. Well; carry a big gun with you (BL1000+Beast or Cause is good enough; or lazer weapon with the same damage/s or higher); you can solo Hunter in Pixie+5b+Fap too.
1.0dmg means that you are overprotected and going to pay unnecessary decay.At least with mobs having normal regeneration

Back