Entropia Universe Version Update 9.4 Content List

Site Admin
Admin
THIS VERSION UPDATE HAS PRIMARILY ADDRESSED MAJOR INFRASTRUCTURAL AND TECHNICAL TASKS INVOLVED IN ADAPTING ENTROPIA UNIVERSE AS A PLATFORM FOR THE 3D INTERNET.

2009-02-16

*** PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN PLANET CALYPSO! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE SUPPORT DEPARTMENT! ***

VERSION UPDATE FEATURES

CryENGINE2 Update
The implementation of Entropia Universe’s new graphical engine CryENGINE®2 is proceeding well. An official release schedule is being prepared for publication.

Planet Calypso Website
A new Planet Calypso website is now launched at www.planetcalypso.com. The new website is built with latest web techniques and includes an integrated search engine that simplifies search requests on all pages. The focus is now on Planet Calypso, but you will also find many of the familiar features, such as Account and Support sections that have been enhanced and updated with new features and functionality. These include:

• A searchable Knowledge Base in the Support Section.
  • The possibility to add files to Support Cases.
  • News subscribe features.
  • Print and ‘Tip a Friend’ features.
  • Additional Support categories.
  • A simplified Account Application (the system will request additional information when required).
  • A simplified Account administration with more possibilities to update and edit your Account information.
  • The ability to withdraw funds from your PED Card via the website.
  • A ‘Transaction history’ section under ‘My Account’ that allows you to track your deposit and withdrawal history.
  • A function for ordering the Gold Card Security Kit or single Gold Card Security items via the website (the option to order these items in-world has been temporarily removed).
  • An integrated search engine has been added to the website.
  • Music soundtracks are available for download from the Media section.
  • First Planet Company have re-explored the history of Planet Calypso and made it available in the Planet Calypso section.

Client Loader
The Client Loader has received a visual update.

Transfer Center
The in-world Transfer Center has been updated. More deposit options are now available in-world. A new Transaction History of the previous 12 months’ transactions.

Genesis Star
The Genesis Star mining corporation has opened a new headquarters in Twin Peaks , and we’re looking forward to a lot of exciting activities during the coming period.

Entropia Universe Cash Card
The Entropia Universe Cash Card is no longer available from the Trade Terminals on Calypso. A full refund has been made for all orders. The Cash Card offer will be reintroduced again when a stable and permanent option becomes available.

EULA & ToU
As stated in previous email information (Entropia Universe: Important Information - Feb.3 2009), the Entropia Universe (EULA) has been updated and new Terms of Use (ToU) included.

Other
Windows Vista is now officially supported.

Originally Posted here

omg what happened to bertha :eek:

seems she is under the genisis HQ or killed by an evil VU 9.4

sorry

but what the hell toke them so long for implementin "nothin" except a new building in twin ?

and the limitation of deposits of 300 peds/month ??? whts that about ??

well and new deposits options ingame but not paysave card, why not ?

questions over questions ^^

Last edited:
list seems very low in content for ~16 hours of work ...

marco might we get an explanation for the delays?

is 6 months per major VU with little player content going to be common place?

still nothing public about ce2 is disappointing as well.

i dont mind VUs with back end updates but after 6 months it would have been nice to see something for us players rather then only back-end updates, and a new website.

Last edited:
but what the hell toke them so long for implementin "nothin" except a new building in twin ?

THIS VERSION UPDATE HAS PRIMARILY ADDRESSED MAJOR INFRASTRUCTURAL AND TECHNICAL TASKS INVOLVED IN ADAPTING ENTROPIA UNIVERSE AS A PLATFORM FOR THE 3D INTERNET.

lrn2read kthxbai!

Seriously, this is significant.

New content you have not seen yet which will unfold in part 2 of the mutant storyline and in closure of the Orb storyline later in spring ?

I bet that would have taken a lot of testing.

Nothing worse than having to do updates in a potential value added bonus period, such as skill bonuses or kill competitions or whatever Marco has planned for us.

average of 200 ped / hour

havent been in game for about 16 hours.

16x200 = I just saved myself $300!!

Best VU ....EVAH!!

TY MA!
:D

**ok time to go spend some peds**

OK, so my download froze and now it says it can't find the file...

Anyone else having this issue??
:eek:

OMG MA can we please have a website thats fits on a 1024*768 resolution too? I have to scroll to the right to log in!!! That´s really stupid... :loco:

average of 200 ped / hour

havent been in game for about 16 hours.

16x200 = I just saved myself $300!!

Best VU ....EVAH!!

TY MA!
:D

**ok time to go spend some peds**

I thought it was only $2/hour?

marco might we get an explanation for the delays?

A series of unexpected issues arose that needed fixes, made this VU shakier than one could expect. We are still tweaking things and keeping an eye on things. We really appreciate your patience.

is 6 months per major VU with little player content going to be common place? i dont mind VUs with back end updates but after 6 months it would have been nice to see something for us players rather then only back-end updates, and a new website.

No. This was a major infrastructure/architecture upgrade for the entire Entropia Universe platform and one of the final pieces before the realization of multi-planetary virtual universe.

still nothing public about ce2 is disappointing as well.

The CE2 integration is deserving a separate article and will arrive (as stated in the content list on www.planetcalypso.com) within a few weeks. I hope to be able to give a time line and expected target date as well for VU 10.0 (which is the CE2-release of Entropia Universe).

Reactions: Uni
The CE2 integration is deserving a separate article and will arrive (as stated in the content list on www.planetcalypso.com) within a few weeks. I hope to be able to give a time line and expected target date as well for VU 10.0 (which is the CE2-release of Entropia Universe).

10 !!!!!!11

n8n8

Ava movement still sliding like a big slidey thing as well :rolleyes:

Genesis Star
The Genesis Star mining corporation has opened a new headquarters in Twin Peaks , and we’re looking forward to a lot of exciting activities during the coming period.

Other than all the other nice things underway, this has me most interested :)

You will enter a new chapter in Calypso’s story. After an exhausting five year conflict with an invading robot enemy, the long awaited promise of peace and prosperity on Calypso remains elusive. With the robots repelled to their home world Akbal-Cimi, cracks in colonist solidarity are emerging. The war-time economy has produced industrialists with the resources to buy up Calypso’s precious land, while disgruntled ex-soldiers are left to wander Calypso, hunting and mining for their survival. A rising middle-class of entrepreneurs is irritating both. All are disillusioned with Earth’s Federal Empire that left the colony to fend for itself during the robot war. You will land on a Calypso with revolution and civil war in the air.

Have you got what it takes to stake a claim on Calypso

In the other thread I posted :

Corporation land grabs

Marco mentioned that Omegaton, Chikara, and Genesis Star, were going to be a big thing with the unfolding of his storyline and that alignment with one of the corporations would be important.

Thank you. Me and my team are gearing up slowly to begin the next era of Calypso. We are, however, also bound by the CryENGINE2 integration process, so the major updates will not come before that is ready for release. I will make sure we enter some sort of "prologue" state until that happens, with some glimpses of the upcoming story-arc.

(as I am very excited today I can hint that Omegaton, Chikara, and Genesis Star will be brought back as powerful entities in this)

Personally I hope this sort of corporation alignment will produce the ability for all participants to align themselves with one of the corporations for such activities as corporation landgrabs where your contribution to the advancement/position of the corporation you are aligned with on planet calypso is awarded in the form of a leaderboard of some form and profits from the corporation are distributed based on this leader board.

This will negate the distasteful past that participants despise about Entropia Universe that their chances of being involved in such activities were always minimal or non-existent

ie. Open to only the top 10 socieities with very high skill and invested equipment as a prerequisite for entry.

Always great to keep that avenue open naturally as to not upset those at that level of achievement, though this new concept I feel will have a potential to bring people together from all areas and walks of life on planet Calypso to work together in making progress and not limit it to only those at the top end of the competitive scale, increasing the overall happiness and teamwork/activity of all participants on planet Calypso.

:wtg: WTG Macro ;) if this is so.

Last edited:
FTP and clientloader have been FUBAR for more than a few hours now.

Everything keeps saying "corrupt file", "not a win32 application" and other "what the hell did you guys do now!" pop ups.

No biggie - I'm supposed to be "working" anyway.

LOL

Personally, I'm happy to see that MA didn't spend all of this time on new features that don't affect most people and I am glad to see that the focus is on the back end things that will lead a much better EU experience down the road.

What they missed to mention is something quite nice!

As I did in a support case and probably others suggested also, now it is required to enter a goldcard number to access the inventory, which is a simple yet effective measure to make life harder for the hackers.

Love it :)

this doesn't look like a vu list, the only thing mentioned is some cry2 prep and and a building. most of it is just saying new site. it looks prety much the same as the teaser vu release notes you gave us.
there was no mention of mob changes, loot changes, skill changes, new items have been added, fixes, mods.

They should add this on the list.

Loot
-The loot sucks more now

this doesn't look like a vu list, the only thing mentioned is some cry2 prep and and a building. most of it is just saying new site. it looks prety much the same as the teaser vu release notes you gave us.
there was no mention of mob changes, loot changes, skill changes, new items have been added, fixes, mods.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/land-areas/143327-treasure-island-modernised.html#post1768762

I guess there were a lot of things not specifically mentioned in this content list.

The new Depsit function ingame is dangerous!

i just made a dep "without" get some kind of clearyfiction if u really want to make the dep or not.

by using the bank.

i wrote 900sek
and picked the currency SEK

then pressed next and now had i mabe a dep.

I don't like that. that really dangerous!
it didn't say anything about if u really want to do it or not, it just shows u a screen of information that u should show your bank.

/Spikey

ClientLoader.exe is not a valid Win32 application,"

I am now getting the above error message when I start the game, though I was able to log in this afternoon. I am not running any anti-virus programs.

Are we suppose to wait or? Can someone from MA provide an answer please.

No. This was a major infrastructure/architecture upgrade for the entire Entropia Universe platform and one of the final pieces before the realization of multi-planetary virtual universe.

Perhaps the reason so many bugs are left unfixed is because Cry2 will eliminate them? I'm sure that cry2 will have its own set of things that need to be fixed (like any game platform) however I would rather have cry2 sooner rather then later, this way we can have the new planets sooner rather then later, furthermore once those things are in place MA and the planet owners can promote EU like crazy which will lead to a larger player base and more opportunity for us all in-game. :)

ClientLoader.exe is not a valid Win32 application,"

I am now getting the above error message when I start the game, though I was able to log in this afternoon. I am not running any anti-virus programs.

Are we suppose to wait or? Can someone from MA provide an answer please.

I had the same problem but my socmate had a working Client Loader.exe so he sent that to me and now it works as it should.
And you can still start the game thru Entropia.exe

The new Depsit function ingame is dangerous!

i just made a dep "without" get some kind of clearyfiction if u really want to make the dep or not.

by using the bank.

i wrote 900sek
and picked the currency SEK

then pressed next and now had i mabe a dep.

I don't like that. that really dangerous!
it didn't say anything about if u really want to do it or not, it just shows u a screen of information that u should show your bank.

/Spikey

this is no binding depo information what so ever.
and no money will be taken from your bank account, untill you provide the bank with that information.
you get a deposit code through this window and that is what you need.
This is the exact same system that is used on the website, so I cant se how it can be dangerous.

Am I lost as usual?

Choosing the currency for fund withdrawal is also new and should appear in the VU list. Previously US got USD and European countries Euros or worked somewhat along those lines.

When you register your withdrawal, you can select which currency you would like us to send the payment in. You can choose between these currencies:

* USD - United States Dollar
* EUR - Euro
* SEK - Swedish Krona
* GBP - Pound Sterling
* AUD - Australian Dollar
* CAD - Canadian Dollar
* DKK - Danish Krone
* NOK - Norwegian Krone

Please note: You have to make sure your bank account can accept the currency you choose! If not, the transfer will fail and the money will be returned to MindArk.

Perhaps the reason so many bugs are left unfixed is because Cry2 will eliminate them? I'm sure that cry2 will have its own set of things that need to be fixed (like any game platform) however I would rather have cry2 sooner rather then later, this way we can have the new planets sooner rather then later, furthermore once those things are in place MA and the planet owners can promote EU like crazy which will lead to a larger player base and more opportunity for us all in-game. :)

i still think they could have put up info on what else was changed. like they didn't mention TI's change. but if it means better stability i'm all for a framework vu but there was other stuff added and it drives people crazy when they don't know what was done. and yes i would like cry2 sooner then later. i mean first we were told it would be last thanksgiving with a space pirate event at CND. so yes the sooner things get implemented the better i agree. I just like complete vu notes and not ok heres the basic stuff all the rest you gota figure out on your own.

Back