A History of Sweats

Akbar

Stalker
Banned
Society
ViaDolorosa
The History

I started to play in June 2004, vu 5.7.

I arrived as a newcommer in Port Atlantis and after gathering info from other players, i reached the mythical place of Camp Phoenix.

Like most new players, i started to sweat to play (at first)
and get few peds as i was not particularily hot to deposit real money.
I just wanted to learn how was this game, this virtual universe which felt to be very promising after i read a big thread advertising it on the Playmmo website.
And i must say, that the magic aspect called MindForce is what made me join mainly, (as in this thread they were already talking about the ability to resurrect people, even the chip was still not existing).
So i created my avatar with a mystical face, a strange mix of an indian warlock with chinese eyes...
Then, as i had no money (credits), i ran on this continent called Eudoria to explore, see the creatures filling the lands, and after 5 days, i found all Eudoria teleporters by my own means without weapon and without fap.
Notice that at this time, teleport chips were not existing, nor the Amethera continent.
The only thing i can say is we were running really faster, even as a newcommer.

Then i started to sweat...

I started to sweat at Camp Phoenix on diripis.
At this time, you could only find young and mature maturities.
They were just floating 1-2 meters above your head.
Those peaceful creatures where not hitting you in appearance, bothering them a bit was making them attack, but as young were doing 5.0, matures 6.0 (all the time), and your regeneration rate (stamina) was of 5% each 20 seconds, you could stay alive a long while...

At this time, you could gather only bottles of 1 or 2 or 3 sweats inside, and this on 1 diripi with 1 successful attempt, then you had to run on the field looking for another diripi, and so on...
This method of sweat was general for all creatures you could sweat, always 1 successful attempt, then go to another creature.
At this rate, you did not have tons of sweats like we do now, but simply few hundreds depending on your patience to do it.

There was 2 other places, which were less crowdy and good for sweating :

East Limnadian District, which became the second spot where i've been sweating.
The place in itself was really cool, with a purple sky and many trees, rocks and little hills.
There was diripi here too, mixed with Fouls, Tripudions and Snargs.

The other place that became a "sweat farm" later was the abandoned small town S of the Nymphtown Outpost.
There was mainly Atrax, Faucervix and Daikiba here, sometimes Tantillions.
The creature's AI was really different before, just as the rules of the game,
which were allowing us to sweat those attacking creatures without danger, meaning without being hit.

The market price on sweats was at 2.0 so 2 peds for 100 sweats,
and the Force Nexus was probably around 200% as i remember that the Mind Essence market value was 410%.

Very fast i was pleased by this game concept, saddly for some reasons i won't develop here, i was unable to do my own deposits, as it is true that using those magic (MindForce) powers were really attracting me.

So i continued to sweat until i could not do it anymore,
as i believe most of you new players did not know it,
we could not sweat anymore after a certain amount of your total avatar skills,
which was for most people sweating, around 110-120 skill points in Sweat Gatherer.
If you had been hunting, or doing anything else, the total of your skills was influencing the time you could not sweat anymore,
and it could be before this cap limit of 110-120.
Myself, i stopped at 97.

Got 1 atm... where "i was capped before" :p

A yellow message was telling you that you had lost the ability to gather sweats.
(If someone have a screenshot of the message, post it here...).

I was a bit sad to stop under 100, for sure for a skill that would never grow up more, i would have prefered to rise it to its maximum limit.

Few days before, as i had joined the Aquarius Society as an Initiate, we had been hunting the peaceful creatures called tantardions with mann mph handguns (peaceful as it was not hitting at this time) during the whole night, and i remember that i rised my handgun skills up to 134 ! I was really happy of it, but this cool hunt killed my ability to gather sweats... that's the game, that's our choices...

Past to Present...

Later, the Cap limit have been rised a bit, to around 210 SG skill points maximum, and the sweat possibilities were increased a bit, as "now" the creatures were giving several successful attempts, but also a period of 2 to 22 sweats per attempt.
That's near this rise of 210 SG skill, that after a VU which was modifying the creatures behaviour, the market prices suddenly rised to around 4.0 for sweats, probably manipulated by the sweat traders, but this crazyness was ephemere, once people found new ways to gather sweats like they used to.
Then it came back to what it was at this time, around 1.3-1.4.

I don't remember at what VU MindArk stopped the Cap limit to sweat, to become "infinite" like all other skills.
The thing that motivated it was the reach of the 500k accounts (Gratz !) and if i remember well, the hope of huge new accounts comming from the asian continent as MindArk felt to develop some markets with societies of this side of the world.

The market value for sweats was around 1.2.

That's at this time that i could continue to sweat, which was my beloved activity of my earlier days in the game.
I've been sweating berycleds Young and mature mainly N of Zeus for may be 8 months non-stop, wearing a pixie armor, and focusing myself.
I kept all my sweats at this time (around 160k), as i was sweating for the skills more than for what i could get from selling them.

During this time, the sweats market value continued to fall down.
(but once again, that's really not a priority for me).

Anyway i sold my sweats near 0.8-0.9 (when it was around 1.2 when i started to sweat again)...
And i also kept a lot too for my personal use.

That's near 800 in SG that i started to sweat creatures with a healer (mainly mindforcers) where i was sharing the half of the sweats i was doing, but also sharing my bests tips about how to skill Biotropy, Psychotropy or MindForce in general.
Notice that at this time, i already had the Etheral Soul Language "unlocked" (thank you Optima for lending me the chip ~4 years ago), and i could open wormholes too, so yes .... i have a few knowledges about MindForce...
Here again,
i thank the mindforcers who healed me during so many sessions we did together :
My friend Dan Dan Petrov,
Seven, Burgerman, Kras, Zar, Egobarn, Kyl and probably others... Thank you all again.

For people who are systematically complaining about sweat prices, prices going down, or the tons of threads i saw on EF, that i do not even bother to read anymore...
I tried to give an overview of how the game was before and what was motivating a price or another.
I see that people often scream as prices were at 2.0 before or even 4.0, but those fluctuations were connected to the game at a certain time, with sweating technics or realities which were far different from what you have now.
Those prices can not be a reference for you who are new, they are just feeding the past and history of the game.

About prices going down (i would say dramatically low lol), you the sweaters and mainly you the sweat traders or young players that came to the game with the idea to play in a free game where you can get some money by playing...
YOU are making those prices go down.
The fact is that for sure, for a certain majority of players who are sweating, they "hope", or wish, they can do something else, taste hunting or mining, or whatever... so people are agreeing very fast to sell at low prices to get the precious peds to be able to play.
In the other hand, the traders want to do some profits, and for sure buy at lower prices, which is logical.
Finally at the end, all of you, sweaters, traders, new players are contributing at its speed to lower the sweat prices... and it will continue to go down :)...

I hear people say that's a hard job, so they deserve better prices...
For prices i gave my vision just above.
About a hard job, you are in a game (which basically means you are here to play), and this game is free and as a bonus you can get easy money which can give you the possiblity to evoluate in this universe.
That's a cool opportunity i think, sweating doesn't have an end like before, and there are other free ways (like fruits & natural stones) to gather free money.... so why are you complaining then ? :)

If you do not deposit real money, the only ways offered to you (and that's really something that MindArk is offering to you all) is to sweat, or trade, or...
And depending on your way to play, your knowledges, your patience, and ... your INDIVIDUAL luck, you can do great things.

Gratz to Arylia, Unlock Wounding as a non depsitor,
when myself i do not have this skill after 5 years playing and depositing,
the only thing i can say is Congratulations !

And while i wrotte this "sweat History",
you can see, no need to have uber skills, uber gears or high knowledges,
that's so easy to do a HoF... Gratz Serko ! Wounding soon...
serko_hof.jpg

In all cases, i wish you all good luck.

Last edited:
wow what a story, thanks for sharing!!

:yay:

What a great history!

Without your powerful mindforce I would be dead and not able to enjoy this place. :yay:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Zar

Very Nice Story you wrote mate! :)
+rep

Great piece of history from someone who really knows what he is talking about.

Thx for sharing :)

Great piece of history from someone who really knows what he is talking about.

Thx for sharing :)

Thank You for this reply (and all above too).

Notice that the original title of this thread was "History of sweats"
"A" History of Sweats, is for what i saw myself,
the game's History the way i saw it.

What a great history!
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Zar

Agreed,
and what a nice pic.
<edit> Nice coat!

Thanks Akbar for that nice story, the real ubers are those that understand the game to its fullest.
Hopefully you will get that unlock soon, as I'm hoping to get my first unlock too :)

Last edited:
sweat cap message

i think the message when you reached the sweat cap was "Your avatar has become too attuned to the universe"
great post brings back great memories:D

+rep very quality post

Hi.

I give you +rep for nice post. Is funny read story about almost first times in this universe.

But when i read about how much cost sweat in this first times, i think they are lot depositors in that first times, because who was buy sweat then.

Perhaps "cap sweat" limit was because Mindark wanted give option for "start for free" but not for "play for free always".

Greetings.

But when i read about how much cost sweat in this first times, i think they are lot depositors in that first times, because who was buy sweat then.

The analysis for the reasons of the 2.0 price (at this time) for sweats is easy to understand ;

MindForce sweating appeared in the early vu 5.x.
With the cap limit i explained on the thread, this means that a lot of players who were in the game before the sweat ability were already too skilled to gather sweats themselves for their own use of the new mindforce powers.
So there was a big demand.

Also notice that with 1 or 2 or 3 sweats for an attempt, then move to another creature for another attempt and so on, made sweats pretty hard to gather, probably motivating this price too. (may be prices were more expensive before the vu5.7 when i started, i don't know).

Perhaps "cap sweat" limit was because Mindark wanted give option for "start for free" but not for "play for free always".

That's exactly this.
Gather sweats for free, is/was a way to enter the game, taste and discover it.

About the sweat uncap... Let's say (very fast) that the 500k accounts motivated it.

What he wanted to say:

You still can sweat out around 2 ped / hr, juts that back then 2 ped lasted longer. SO DONT RANT ABOUT SWEAT PRICES

I.

No it was to gather 450k more accounts so they can say they have 1/2M players instead of 50k which was is the real number at the time sweatcap was removed.

I.

No it was to gather 450k more accounts so they can say they have 1/2M players instead of 50k which was is the real number at the time sweatcap was removed.

I.

Care to share the access to MA database ?
I want to get some inside info too!!1

Thank you,

Ciobyna

Last edited:
Care to share the access to MA database ?
I want to get some inside info too!!1

Thank you,

Ciobyna

It aint inside info its common sense. :laugh:

Any old player will tell you they "knew" about someone having alts for sweating purpouses. In most cases knowing that person as if they were the ones having alts ;)

TBH ppl i know well have around 5-10 "litle brother / sister" accounts in stash almost forgotten.

I.

history_of_sweatsrep.jpg

Thank you everyone (for my History of Sweats thread).

Back