A newbie story behind a scam

thx for all the feedback. I was a bit amazed that you feel sorry for me, because i never really got harmed in this case, well the heart-sheit but you know, this wasnt the first time and wont be the last so i can live with it.

what i fear is the raising potential of his scams. the usual armor scam in 06, 150peder esi in 08 and now a knife (or sword) worth ~5k ped. Back when i dismissed C.L. from my soc and warned HW about him, i thought i can close this chapter. I was wrong and i am sorry that i didnt say something earlier, but i have seen to many witchhunts here, too many ugly stories about nothing or not much.

On the other hand it was "Monica", i just keep telling him this way, who altered my sight on ingame relations a lot. She made me start to analyze everybody very sharply and trying to find the characteristics of true trust and reputation. She didnt make me paranoid, just raised a natural suspiciousness towards each and everybody.

I am still lending away expensive items now and then, but before i make sure that people have more to lose than they can gain by scamming me.

Lez talked about the feeling and sometimes i gain a 100% trust to a person after a few sentences, Blast/Meculus was such a case when i picked him up from Swamp Camp i kinda instantly knew that i can trust him, god knows why, but he never failed me. I would like to thank all the people who i find trustworthy, they make my EU experience so much more rich, on the other hand i also thank those people who trust in me, lended me stuff, helped me out with some peds, believed in me and followed my crazy ideas like in WoF.

@Luckycharm

I got to know J.j.J. 2 month before that. Yes i think that they are the same persons. I cant remember the first weeks to well, but i think Monica loged between 2 avatars these days even though she never showed me the second one. So what would be interesting to know is the name of the avatar jonvalle bought his own bicak Kek from, maybe he is the next in the row. There always seem to be 2 avatars (at least), one getting a "reputable" and well known one, with the focus at getting as trustworthy as possible and one seller-account in the background who remains unknown.

2006-09-18 13:43 - Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,
Thanks for reporting. You did exactly the right thing. You protected yourself and your belongings. Human nature is not homogenous and this will also affect the Entropia Universe since it has been made to resemble the real world in as many fundamental ways as possible. You will again and again come across people who try to take advantage of your misplaced trust and want to rob you of your possessions via legal in-world means. When this occurs, there is nothing MindArk can do for you. Although low and despicable, this is something that can happen in real life too. Therefore you have to be really careful and check that everything is really OK before you close a deal.

Regards,
Entropia Support

cant quote it often enough!

Theres two types of people I dislike in EU.

Scammer:
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

People that make use of you:
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Well for the second guy: He asked me to give him a car very nicely so that we can team hunt... yes its like I can't drive it myself; But I assumed hes just overly nice and innocent.. heheh. And then he adds me to buddy list which I did accept. Week later he talks to me very friendly and invites me to join them for a soc hunt. So sure why not? Then it turns out its a TP run. I asked him again is it a TP run. He denies it then later says we are running from Fort fury all the way to Ithaca while getting TPs along the way... then hunt atroxes... Then guess what, he asks to use my car for it. I nicely rejected him by saying 'My car has low TT so I wouldn't use it with so many mobs on the way (He wanted to use it for 3-4 fricking TPs). He did not get the hint and said 'Thats stilll plenty of TT left :)' and asks to use the car again. I felt like I was being used but he went about it in such a nice sugar-coated way that I couldn't decipher if hes just making use or 'innocent'; and so i told them I'm going off to sleep after the next TP, by now already 2 TPs. Yet again he asks me to let them use my car until we reach another TP then I can goto sleep..

Now I get a bad perception of his soc whenever I see it.

I'm sorry to hear more of this stuff going down, and for me at least it has made me become very sceptical of most people i know in game. I have often in the past loaned peds to people and never had a problem, but have taken the decision never to loan again due to all these incidents recently.

I would just like to say to those that i have helped previously not to take this personally, but it seems that to continue to do as i have is asking for trouble. It is sad but wherever there is money involved some will start to decieve and steal.

Makes me feel kinda sad tbh.

Dibbler :/

Nice read, but I miss the poll to vote on how the story continues? :scratch2:

who altered my sight on ingame relations a lot.

!

It's a good thing your sight has been altered.
There is a fundamental problem with falling in love with text messages and a cartoon..
Next time, if she refuses to get on teampeak or vent, it's a dude.

I feel sorry for you :( and its making me mad :mad: hate scammers.
Why hurting ppl feelings and trust and manipulate the good ones.
Thank you for sharing your story with us :)

This reminds me of a trustscammer that hit my old soc many years ago.

It was a female avatar, she/he was able to get a few usernames and password with the "I'm out of peds, if you let me play with your avatar I can skill for you". Long story short one day she/he borrowed all good items and left

For some reason she/he created a new avatar and joined the soc again. Back then I did a full investigation trying to figure out who she/he was, turns out it was a surfer guy from Australia

I am old school I guess when it comes to the net.

But everyone on the net for me are:

* Genderless, does not matter for me if its a guy or girl. I do not run around and giving a player "presents" because they are a girl etc.

* I think twice about everything. Why does this happen or what is the reason?

* I trust ppl, but only the ones I know I can trust. And if money is involved, I think thrice about anything.

I might sound bitter, but it keeps me safe and never been "hurt" online or simliar. Even tho many friends in my life I have IRL now are from the net originally.

keep up the fight people, dont let the scammers win.

:mad: trustscammers = scumbags :mad:

Short (positive) story:

Once I had a good "friend" (never met him IRL) in EU, we hunted for hours and skyped a lot. I trusted him and he trusted me, never had a problem. Lend him my full Jaguar, borrowed adjusted stuff from him and so on. Unfortunately he left EU and never came back....at least never heard of him again. MICK, that was a good time and thank you for your trust and honesty, where ever you might be!

After Mick left I trusted no one, till I joined my beloved soc Soldiers of Fortune. I remember the first time I was in soc chat after beeing accepted. I told everyone in soc chat who I am, what I do IRL, and so on. They had questions, I had answers. I was looking for a soc that is more then just a soc for years and finally found it. To be honest I don't trust anyone outside SoF. Yes I do borrow stuff from time to time and I always ask my soc mates if they want collateral, but normally they don't want because we trust each other. What goes around comes around, and if they want to borrow stuff from me I have absolute no problem with that, even without collateral.

Short story end.

{removed}

Unbelievable how much patience that guy/girl must have to accomplish things like this...
Guess it's a part of the game for him to get people to trust him/her and finally scam them...
Shame EU can't tag items and if really needed undo the trade ( yeah trades are final ... )
Btw U can tell a story how its supposed to be told, was nice reading though the reason was not so nice ... I feel for ye man:hug:

Last edited by a moderator:
What an amazing read!! So very sorry to hear this tale that happened to you tho mate.

You do have a nice way of telling your story tho...I could have kept reading.. and I'm not a big reader lol

Thats what I thought, and I usually bypass long posts, this one I read right through from begining to end!

Kinda reads like a love story that ended badly..bad romance. Not so much Romeo and Juliet as Romeo and ..Julian :eek:

Glad you wrote this down, as your not the first, I know men that have told me this has happened to them, rl pics and everything etc..but they've been too embarrassed to admit it on a forum.
So hopefully this will do some good and many will read it.

:)

I am still lending away expensive items now and then, but before i make sure that people have more to lose than they can gain by scamming me.

This is the key for me, as well. It still isn't foolproof, but balances trust and protection a bit.

i play with borrowed stuff from all around

am i a trustscammer par? :scratch2:

ps: i consider you our boss :)

yes grow youre the worst trustscammer of all. Thats why i founded that society with you, to study you, to be near you in case your evil side comes to the surface. LOL m8 i doubt youre able to even scam sweat

FEEL FREE TO SEND ME ALL INFO YOU MIGT HAVE IN THIS CASE VIA PM. Serious stuff only please. I am in hospital over weekend and i am bored to death and i need to struggle with a sh***y onscreen keyboard to write you this. No worries about my health, worry about the nurses hihihi

Last edited:
yes grow youre the worst trustscammer of all. Thats why i founded that society with you, to study you, to be near you in case your evil side comes to the surface. LOL m8 i doubt youre able to even scam sweat

FEEL FREE TO SEND ME ALL INFO YOU MIGT HAVE IN THIS CASE VIA PM. Serious stuff only please. I am in hospital over weekend and i am bored to death and i need to struggle with a sh***y onscreen keyboard to write you this. No worries about my health, worry about the nurses hihihi

Meanwhile i give my best to feed you with info, to lighten your burden of boredom ;)

wow poetic even, nice story :)

{removed}

I can't believe i realy did read this... but you know what... i liked it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah i believe this, when you actually know you made someone a fool... must give you a feeling of superiority. Can'T believe i put trust on you

Why bothering with writing in forum when you have to give back peds and items during this time...

Parlog - always had a fond respect for you, since the days of 2007 .. TWU, days hanging with you and Ish, Gandolf, etc. Beacons and hogglos - all those good days - going from noob'ish to semi-uber'ish ;)

I'm really very sorry to hear it happened to someone so nice. :(
lesson learned - hopefully it won't make you a bitter person.
Thanks for posting your story - I'm sure you're not the only one this has happened to; maybe this post will make some others think twice about trusting people, online.

Best of luck to you and I hope that 'person' rots in virtual hell.

:grouphug:

Yeah i believe this, when you actually know you made someone a fool... must give you a feeling of superiority. Can'T believe i put trust on you

Why bothering with writing in forum when you have to give back peds and items during this time...

:loco: .

Want some other proof ? Don'T provoke me jerk otherwise ppl could find out more about you than you want. Maybe you were not that careful as you thought. And the time of posting fits pretty well a router reboot and getting a new IP to not get banned. Or do you still want to make us belief you are not the same person ? Then i just say all is written and documented here everyone with an account and eyes can find the proof and find out anything about your character. Including wifi cracking, keyloggers, Affinity to Mac, shall i stop or continue ?

And a good bunch of lies in here i must see in retroperspective :
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/off-topic/171462-thank-you-much-appriciated-i-owe-you.html

Guess we made the right decision.

Last edited:
I have nothing constructive to say, but the 3 people who felt the need to quote THE ENTIRE FUCKING HUGE LONG ASS OP just to add a 2 line comment should be dragged out into the street and shot.

yeah its hard to tell the truth if you get fed with lies for so long. MR ErnisLovas, i cant denie that youre at the very top of my shitlist, but somehow i cant deny some kind of admiration. Or should i call you maxas-veza? Anyhow i know those names might be long gone, but i find Hanibal Lectar might fit for your next avatar since you come from the same city. I thought youre from Vilnius but now i know you not even lied with the city you live in, the role Monica was from Vilnius not you.

One day police will ring at your door and they will hold proof in hands. If MA/FPC cant help us,we will have to help ourselves. You should know me better, too bad you never listened. Maybe its time to test if your countries administration is europe-ready. OPA OPA TO EUROPA is OPA OPA TO RULE OF LAW my old friend! F you

flippin heck that was a long post...

...my eyes hurt :eyecrazy:

feel your pain, maybe some noob will read this one day and be saved

yeah its hard to tell the truth if you get fed with lies for so long. MR ErnisLovas, i cant denie that youre at the very top of my shitlist, but somehow i cant deny some kind of admiration. Or should i call you maxas-veza? Anyhow i know those names might be long gone, but i find Hanibal Lectar might fit for your next avatar since you come from the same city. I thought youre from Vilnius but now i know you not even lied with the city you live in, the role Monica was from Vilnius not you.

One day police will ring at your door and they will hold proof in hands. If MA/FPC cant help us,we will have to help ourselves. You should know me better, too bad you never listened. Maybe its time to test if your countries administration is europe-ready. OPA OPA TO EUROPA is OPA OPA TO RULE OF LAW my old friend! F you

I might add Putana Katso to the list. Well enough fodder so ppl can do their own research on several places with the things that have been said. I suggest also a look in Cherry's gallery where some screenies give enough info combined with all that was said here. anyone who says there is not enough proof just need to combine the puzzle with the information given. Posting history and also visits on various forums fit the whole picture.
The virusses on your PC were your own fault so i guess ( some pages and forums are just not worth the visit ) And just in case someone gets executables via mail from a thrusted socmate, i just say take care and better put it in the recycle bin.

Last edited:
So you guys were warned with adequate proof but chose not to do anything about it? And let this scammer run around and harm other people (Recent thread about certain someone scamming a kek)

So you guys were warned with adequate proof but chose not to do anything about it? And let this scammer run around and harm other people (Recent thread about certain someone scamming a kek)

oh well, whats right and wrong here? JJJ was banned from eu and the monica ava here on ef.com reported. The chery lady avatar, well back then it was "innocent until proofed guilty", i warned the leader of his next soc and since HW is leader of the biggest soc in EU and he said that he will take care of it, i closed that chapter for me. i know this might have been the wrong decision, but i cant change it anymore. sorry

Back