Votes: 129 45.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

falkao

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Marc falkao Falk
Well this is the 3rd time I'm doing this kind of poll.

What are you?
a happy or
a non happy ava.

Results:
From 281 voters 54% are happy and 46% unhappy. The difference is not statistically significant implying that we have a 50/50 situation.

The happy ones are simply happy, many of them are new players. The unhappy ones (mainly old players) do complain mostly about playing costs.

happy_2006_2010.jpg

2009 results
2006 results

Last edited:
Overall, happy.

Missions and vehicles were two :thumbup: improvements that I liked this year.

loving it...............:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

note: i do think a lot can improve and should improve.
but overal it getting better and better (even the bugs getting less all old timers can vouch that lol)
suport and direct contact to the community (hanne etc) improved a lot.

overal looking good and i have all faith in entropia's future ...

With the new VU, YES.
Specialy now we can fly.

But don't ask me how I felt before that.............

greetings,

bigdeal

yes, happy. i quite like where both the platform and calypso are going, and some of the new introductions might be inetersting too. It has been an interesting year and a bit and I expect to continue to be enjoying the fun.

Otherwise i wouldnt play or pay. So yes, happy player :)

wanted to note the outcome be not a objective vieuw in this poll i think.

my motivation to think so is simple .. most happy players dont even check these kinda post while the proffesional whiners all will vote a no.

so while positve ahead in the poll the dif prolly even bigger becausse a lot of happy customers just dont care about these kinda post..

voted nope, costs not proportional to service suplied.

For the most part I'm a happy camper, new stuff coming in is all good and to be expected as they have a whole new engine to play with. Personally I'd like to at the very least hear from MA what's going on with the missing skills/professions with a view to seeing them returned asap.

On the bug front, they seems to have them every update, it's to be expected so no point grumbling about it, I usually try to do the 'free' things in-game just after patches or I just take a coupla days off, no biggy. For the most part they do try to fix them quickly and there is probably a better way they can do it. When you think about the technology behind Entropia it's still a pretty incredible place even now.

Besides, after 6 years I finally hit my first Towa so it's all good :laugh:

Here's hopin' Lootius smiles upon us more :bowdown:

I used to be happy when it was affordable to play.
Support has told me there is nothing wrong with my avatar and I am not doing anything wrong.

wanted to note the outcome be not a objective vieuw in this poll i think.

correct, this is not a representative poll. Nevertheless, one is still able to compare years as the same bias holds true over time.

If i have peds i am happy because i know i can do somthing if i want to

if i don't have peds then no because i can't do things that i would like to do :)

I see 44 liars.

No, I'm not happy, so I'm playing other games. Bring back the stuff that's still missing and I might be more interested. For over 12 months MA haven't been bothered about my tonne of skills tied up in pet taming which are useless or my tonne of ped tied up in masks which are useless so why should I bother to put in my time and money.

Since I just saw a 67 agi, 47 int, 24 psyche, 2 stam and 46 str + weak health level male avatar runnin around in Twin Peaks in Fulls Shadow SGA! with Imp Fap in his hands, I am no happy.

If I'd be a newbie and such filthy rich, I wouldn't be spending any time on video games at all, fucking hell.

Or maybe MA is just not tracking credit cards like they should *shrug*

Who knows.

I am really not happy.

im happy most days...

I'm happy with things as they are :)

Definitely YES :yay::yay::yay:

Let's see.... where to begin.

The slew of bugs in the recent updates has frustrated me. The constant MISS, MISS, MISS with weapons I've maxed makes me curse. The absence of old systems such as make-up, pets and mentors has me chuntering to myself. The seemingly increasing drain on PEDs and increasingly pitiful returns from hunting leave me shaking my head. :rolleyes:

But it's all part of the all in all I am a happy camper, yes. Otherwise I wouldn't be here, would I? :laugh:

Since I stopped depositing and drastically cut down on the hardcore playtime, I am happy yes. Wouldn't be fair to say no since it didn't cost me any RL money for a year already whilst meanwhile enjoying all the new things and graphics.

On the other hand I am definitely unhappy about the development of PE because:
- In order to not deposit for such a longtime, I am eating my avatars wealth. Which originated from deposits, not from ingame profits.
- There are still to many things not back ingame since VU10.
- The cost to play is way to high, even if you (have to) play eco and lowlevel.
- The playerbase isn't growing on a serious rate at all and MA doesn't take any serious action to improve this.
- MA isn't focussing on the right things. They focus on being a platformdeveloper whilst there intial product, with which they squeezed a lot of money out of its participants, still isn't the way they have envisoned it.
- After getting a bit of credit from a lot of longterm players for implementing VUs smoothly, they completely screwed up with the last on.

- In that way they use their playerbase, as always, as beta-testers.
- I hate it that the scanner has a visual effect these days. I loved standing anonymously in some corner scanning, working myself slowly towards "Scientist". Whatever what the use of that skill might be. That little project stopped with the gfx effect introduced to the scanner, meaning way less playtime from my side.
- and ....

So I didn't vote this time. I conclude more and more that I still play because I already do so for 7,5 years and because I have some small goals whilst doing Iron Missions. But I play less and less for fun.

BECAUSE THE REAL FUN COSTS WAY TO MUCH MONEY!!!!!

Good -
Missions
Vehicles
Expanded friends list
Improved community responses (most of the time)
Improved (or so it seems) support

Bad -
Nerfs that keep 'pec-ing' us to death the latest being death upon fall, vehicle damage from terrain...
To many new things and not enough of the old brought back
Balance manager way out of whack and getting worse.
Loot 'nerfs' - ammo changes to gain pec for them. It was always at least a 'pec' of ammo, now with new system it's 1/10 of a pec potential, it adds up to not give us our full pecs worth. Fragments replacing ammo and other stuff in loots and value NOT made up. (This makes me about the maddest of all as it's so damn obvious we're getting screwed by it!! )
Value of non - L items dropping so much due to all the L items
Voice chat - I put here as I'm very concerned about the potential for hacking through that system. (Oh Dave? Help me here to feel better about it?) I also feel it was a huge un-needed expense and waste of resources. Or at the very least inappropriate to concentrate on adding it when so much else needs to be done. Guess it seems like MA priorities are different than the community ones (typical).

Over all happy... well with my soc, friends, yes. Overall....... had to vote no.

Of course yes. I wouldn't be playing otherwise. :)

Since I just saw a 67 agi, 47 int, 24 psyche, 2 stam and 46 str + weak health level male avatar runnin around in Twin Peaks in Fulls Shadow SGA! with Imp Fap in his hands, I am no happy.

Why because he can afford them and you don't ?

You should be grateful to him as he spends alot in decay with that armor...

Ciobyna

Cant say im happy, im still missing 5 digits in my hall of fame and the looses most probably now or soon at 6 digits..

I like new stuff, i like PK, i dont like my fucking unlucky avatar

I'm happy about the game, otherwise it would be pointless to play. So I vote yes.

I'm still not happy about MindArk's (absence of) relationship with the community.

Can't say I'm happy, can't say I'm not...

When I like the game more I tend to play more.
When I like it less I tend to play less.

I conclude more and more that I still play because I already do so for 7,5 years and because I have some small goals whilst doing Iron Missions. But I play less and less for fun.

BECAUSE THE REAL FUN COSTS WAY TO MUCH MONEY!!!!!

Seems we're doing similarly but I don’t think that all is related to cost. The game concept didn’t improve over time and hence you’re doing still the same tasks. Hence, if playing would be cheaper you would still get bored.

When we started things were quite easy, but nowadays tasks have become more complicated (enhancers, additional decay, amps, skill increase bonus, etc.) and I’m wondering how a noob feels. Furthermore, when active, the most of the time you do wait for a payout and RCE consists only of three letters.

Nevertheless, I still voted yes because “no” does not apply.

Overall I'm happy, but I can see how things can improve... a lot. :( MA is concentrating way too much in new features instead of reimplementing the old ones and while I think vehicles and missions are awesome (And now even more vehicles and a 3x bigger friends list), I miss the makeup masks, some of the old cities' designs and such. And what's up with the constant and annoying nickel and diming that has been happening as of lately? (Fall/crash damage, paid in-game voice chat service...), won't talk about loot because for me it always has been in waves and seems to be a bit subjective as well, or the cost of playing and the way it horribly escalates in orders of magnitude far too easily. Took an extended break because the game got boring for me for a bit, but now I'm (somewhat) back.

Back