Entropia on dual screens

Minken

Old Alpha
Minken
Solved! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Tip: Right click on the image and choose View image (in Firefox)

Eyefinity at Windows 7 desktop:
eyefinity2010-desktop.jpg

Eyefinity in Entropia:
entropia_2010-11-17_20-04-00-43.jpg

Eyefinity flying with spacecraft:
entropia_2010-11-17_20-55-10-76.jpg

Eyefinity flying with spacecraft (view from side):
entropia_2010-11-17_20-57-34-55.jpg

Eyefinity view at rig:
entropia_2010-11-17_21-10-46-08.jpg

Eyefinity on a hunt:
entropia_2010-11-17_21-16-36-62.jpg

Eyefinity first global with 3 screens:
entropia_2010-11-17_21-27-56-65_eyefinity_global.jpg

I am VERY HAPPY! :D :yay:

OLD OP MESSAGE:

Greetings tech people,

I would like to play EU on two screens in full screen mode. My hardware setup:

1xGainward GeForce GTX 480 1536MB PhysX <--- SCREW THAT! I've bought a ATI/AMD Radeon 5970 instead! :D
3xSamsung 24" LCD Syncmaster P2450H connected to the above card.
Corsair HX 1000W PSU, 12 gigabyte RAM, with Windows 7 Home Premium on top.

Since I used Nvidia I couln't use Eyefinity that's mentioned in this thread. That setup is as cool as it looks!

Now to the questions:

>Can I play EU in full screen with usage of both my screens? As it is today, I can only play at resolution 1920x1080 on one screen. I want to play it at 5760 x 1080 over three screens.
Screw NVIDIA!

>Does the thing called "Extended Display" in Windows 7 have anything to do with it? The second screen works in Windows as a extended (secondary) screen.
No.

>Does Nvidia have anything like ATI/AMD Eyefinity?
SCREW NVIDIA!

>Many thanks and +rep in advance.
Ty you too :)

Regards,
>Minken
Minken :)

Last edited:
Before PE allowed resolution options ingame, There was a way to force resolutions through manually.. unfortunately I don't think it's possible anymore (plus I was told to remove the method as it involved having your Uname+Pword written down... )

Thx, but that doesn't help me make EU work with both screens.

I have no experience with it but i think you mean NVIEW Display Management Software

And extended would mean 3840x1080.

Cheers
Siam

Sounds promising! Tyvm. I'll definitly take a closer look to that software.

Yes of course it's 3840x1080 and nothing else :D

Before PE allowed resolution options ingame, There was a way to force resolutions through manually.. unfortunately I don't think it's possible anymore (plus I was told to remove the method as it involved having your Uname+Pword written down... )

Wasn't there a config file that could be edited manually? Or was it only for the window mode? I've never seen a method with username and password included, but that doesn't sounds secure.

Cheers,
Minken

there's something in technical part of forums about modifying config files to do this sort of thing. I have not done it for a while, but it did used to work (post vu 10) .. may have to be in windowed mode and just make it a honking big window?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?6883-Running-PE-in-1600x1200

There's the old thread.

I believe the username and password code was just "-u USERNAME -p PASSWORD" but I'm unsure, can't remember 5 years ago :)

as others have said, you could probs do it through config now. I don't know, I did that when we didn't have any options apart from in clientloader (i think we had 3 resolutions to choose from? that shortcut just bypasses CLoader).

Sounds promising! Tyvm. I'll definitly take a closer look to that software.

Quote from Nvidia Forum: "Nview Desktop Manager is ONLY COMPATIBLE with the Quadro Cards in Windows 7"

A pretty good post which discribes my problem can be found here:
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=103599&hl=
If you don't wanna read it, I can tell you that Nview isn't supported in Win 7, thus I can't make it an easy way to get the screen resolution I want. :(

Anyone else have an idea on how to make it work? Switch to an ATI/AMD card and use Eyefinity?

Selling Useless Uber 480 GTX Graphic Card @ Boxes!

hmm I'll have to think about that in some time... but not NOW... harbinger time! :yay:

same tricks using ATI

hi, i just try to play fullscreen EU using second 24' display and ATI card, but can't - only in window mode :scratch2:
Anyone can help?

Dunno, but check if your graphic card supports Eyefinity? :scratch2:

Dunno, but check if your graphic card supports Eyefinity? :scratch2:
yeah, but i not need dual-view, just only... hm, i can set up second big monitor as main! IDEA!
Thanks, Minken!

Yw. Hope you make it work.

I might have a solution to my issue. I'll get back with more info when the adapter arrives :)

there is a way to do this by editing the eu settings file, but i believe that is currently unsupported.

Try editing these lines in settings-ce.cfg
These set the windowed mode resoulutions.
Not 100% positive it will automaticly share the extended width to two monitors as that is hardware set on vid card but this will set the resolution for game window. MAke sure you detect attached monitors and it shows both are connected and active and this should work... If it wonky subtract 10% from resolution so it is an actual window. I goofed around with this when I used my laptop for VU 10 and could set very strange window sizes..It is not dependant on hardware res limits.

r_Height = 1080 or 1000
r_Width = 3640 or 3600
r_Fullscreen = 0

**** moved to op! ***

Last edited:
always knew you were crazy :p

Damn! That's beautiful

Tyvm! I AM CRAZY :eyecrazy: :D :yay: :yay: :yay:

Added some images in OP - go take a look!

/Mod Mink with Eyefinity

Very very nice! is that the saphire 5970 toxic version?
At what graphics settings are you able to play on with reasonable frame rates?

Back