Announcing Merry Mayhem 2010

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Finally, we can announce the Merry Mayhem of 2010!

Merry Mayhem is a hunting competition, where participants are awarded kill points for killing specific creatures during a period of 30 hours distributed over five days. The competition will have four separate categories. Category qualification will be based upon the highest of certain Professional Standings, and the category determines what creatures you will have to hunt.

Points are awarded to participants based upon the maturity of the specified creature. Participants with the most kill-points are awarded special prizes.

This year’s Merry Mayhem will differ from last year on two important points:

• Kill points are awarded for inflicting the most damage on a killed creature. You don’t have to shoot the killing shot, but you have to inflict more damage than anyone else shooting (or maiming or slicing) the creature.
  • We will use the mission system to track Merry Mayhem. The Mayhem Mission is available from the contact Carl Tucker in Port Atlantis. This mission will track your kill points and category. You can get the mission from Dec 21st, but kills will not register before Dec 26th.
So gear up and prepare to share with the mobs of Planet Calypso!

Dec 21st: Skill chipping is no longer allowed for Mayhem participants. You may get the Mayhem mission from Carl Tucker in Port Atlantis. Kills are not registered yet.

Dec 26th: Competition opens 00:00 UTC. After that, kills are registered. Final category qualification happens on first kill.

Dec 30th: Competition ends 23:59 UTC. After that, kills are no longer registered, and you may no longer get the Mayhem mission.

Jan 1st: Skill chipping is allowed again.

Jan 8th: You can hand in the Merry Mayhem Mission to Carl Tucker; when you do, you get a Mayhem Participation Diploma. Winners and prize announcement, including the top 200 list for all categories with points and time.

This is only the announcement of Merry Mayhem. The complete rules, including prizes, qualification professions, category limits, category creatures, kill points and spawn locations will be posted in the near future.

Originally Posted Here

But will the Time conted somehow?

"you have to inflict more damage than anyone else shooting"

Awesome.

'We will use the mission system"

finally.

Thanks.

Now thats intresting..too bad i wont have time to participate this year :mad:

My idea from another thread was pretty much spot on thou :D

Here´s an idea.

1 week before MM starts we go see a NPC that give us the MM-mission. The mission mob and amount to kill depends on what skill catergory you are in. The NPC tells us what date and time the mission start and first to finish will Win, second to finish comes second and so on. The kill only counts if you do more then 50% dmg to the mob and make the kill shot. This way supportshooters will be minimized and you can not win by only looting.

If looting = point this year too, I know I wont competing this year either.

Last edited:
when will we know what mobs for each category? hanne? ma? fpc?

Ty for the answer Pioneer, i saw a nice imput once in a MM thread about activating in a certen area ur Quest-timer, would be great to see that... and if u leave the area u can do auctioning or any other things... or if not areas maybe town, if u enter in town ur timer is off!

But we are atleast improving and thats good.

Sadly, the quest will not track time, not this year.

We have a few more details to hammer down. As soon as we have those details, we will post the complete rules.

Stay tuned.

thanks for fast response. i think you all should consider adding a timer to this event someday!

Sorry if thats damn question but English isn't my native and this bracket parts nailed me. What does that part mean?

to damage and cut

Sorry if thats damn question but English isn't my native and this bracket parts nailed me. What does that part mean?

It means that it doesn't matter how anyone inflicts damage to the creature. You can shoot it, hit it with a sword, slice it with a knife, whatever. As long as it is dead, and as long as you are the one that inflicts most damage, you get the kill points.

If the kill points are awarded to the avatar that does the most damage, then it doesn't matter if he's in a team or not, right?

If the kill points are awarded to the avatar that does the most damage, then it doesn't matter if he's in a team or not, right?

I'm guessing being in team wont matter so they'll most likely be in team using an apis+Dante with 11 people using p5's and he's sure to get the kill in 9/10 mobs just as an example.
So it doesn't really take the team element out of MM and in actual fact its only marginally better than how it was last year.

I like how this competition starts after Christmas day, I think the 1st Merry Mayhem included Christmas day in its schedule which was difficult for many.

Having it work using the mission system is excellent, also the changes to the rules makes it easier for solo hunters to do well (having a good support team will always help,with herding and some pre-damaging as before) but at least the player has to do 51%+ of the damage now and not just the last sliver of health.

:xmas:

Sadly, the quest will not track time, not this year.

So the people ingame with more than one RL person playing the avatar have already won, since they will be able to play for 24hours a day.

Be so kind as to confirm this again...

Edit: Not sure if i just missed it in text, or it was added, regardless i see the answer is there plain as day lol.
Sorry about that

Last edited:
So the people ingame with more than one RL person playing the avatar have already won, since they will be able to play for 24hours a day.

Merry Mayhem is a hunting competition, where participants are awarded kill points for killing specific creatures during a period of 30 hours distributed over five days.

The time limit still counts but you just wont be able to tell how long you have been online by going to the mission broker,At least thats how I understand it from whats posted.

The time limit still counts but you just wont be able to tell how long you have been online by going to the mission broker,At least thats how I understand it from whats posted.

lol i hope they make it that way

I think you misunderstood. It is allowed for avatar to be logged in 30 hours maxed during these days (same as last year). You just won't see how much time you got left.

It means that it doesn't matter how anyone inflicts damage to the creature. You can shoot it, hit it with a sword, slice it with a knife, whatever. As long as it is dead, and as long as you are the one that inflicts most damage, you get the kill points.

Just to confirm. If a mob has a 1000 hp. 8 shooting people do per 100 damage and 9th person do 200 damage the mob is counting towards 9th player is that correct? Thx in advance.

Edit: My reading skills suck apparently

So basically its same rules as it was 2 years ago, just using the mission system this time? (regarding the damage/points)

Last edited:
good :):)
i got free days from work booked :)

neat.
wtg.... atleast the basics are better, lets see what we get for mobs and side rules :):):)
:yay:

Enlighten me .. so if a mob has 1000hp .. i inflict 60% of the damage, some pre damagers/support shooters inflict the rest of the 40%hp in damage. I don't do the killshot but i will recieve credits for the kill. But .. how many point will i recieve ? (for simple example 1point/hp) ~600points ?
Compared to if i would have killed 1000hp mob solo and did 100% of the damage, would i then recieve 1000points ?

If i get 1000points then the need for support/shooters are gone for this MM, only hearders and Fappers will have work ;)

How will the time handling be done this year?

If the avatar that participates stays logged for more then 30 hours during the MM period it will be disqualified? :scratch2:

Enlighten me .. so if a mob has 1000hp .. i inflict 60% of the damage, some pre damagers/support shooters inflict the rest of the 40%hp in damage. I don't do the killshot but i will recieve credits for the kill. But .. how many point will i recieve ? (for simple example 1point/hp) ~600points ?
Compared to if i would have killed 1000hp mob solo and did 100% of the damage, would i then recieve 1000points ?

If i get 1000points then the need for support/shooters are gone for this MM, only hearders and Fappers will have work ;)

In past MM you got 1 point per kill so if on a 1000hp mob you have 8 people doing 110pts dmg each and you do 120pts damage you get the kill and the point.

will 1 thing, fappers with work = not bad...
2nd thing.... it says points recieve for the killshot, not point recieve for the amount of damage dealt.
so i still think that sofar we can conclude that pointssystem will be most likely the same as last year, and the Hunter doing 20% dmg to the mob, and 8 DamageDealers doing 10% each, then the Points 4 the Kill will be the Hunter's.

How will the time handling be done this year?

If the avatar that participates stays logged for more then 30 hours during the MM period it will be disqualified? :scratch2:

suppose so....

or what they coudl do... is count total points... see how many minutes are over the 30h.
check %.. and take that % out of the total points accumulated.

(or just shut down the mission logs after the 30h ingamee time has been reached ofcourse)

so all can fully hammer on it,... instead of keeping those frkin notes....

2nd thing.... it says points recieve for the killshot, not point recieve for the amount of damage dealt.
so i still think that sofar we can conclude that pointssystem will be most likely the same as last year, and the Hunter doing 20% dmg to the mob, and 8 DamageDealers doing 10% each, then the Points 4 the Kill will be the Hunter's.

Kill points are awarded for inflicting the most damage on a killed creature. You don’t have to shoot the killing shot, but you have to inflict more damage than anyone else shooting (or maiming or slicing) the creature.

We can guess endless here .. i would like a response from FPC on this issue. Because if they have changed also this .. it will def affect the strategy in MM.

Most likely on the 21st the pointing system and mobs will be revealed.

And yes if on a 1000HP mob 8 people do 100 damage and 1 does 200 damage the person with 200 damage has done most damage and gets the points for the mob.

Cheers
Siam

Finally, we can announce the Merry Mayhem of 2010!

This year’s Merry Mayhem will differ from last year on two important points:

• Kill points are awarded for inflicting the most damage on a killed creature. You don’t have to shoot the killing shot, but you have to inflict more damage than anyone else shooting (or maiming or slicing) the creature.
  • We will use the mission system to track Merry Mayhem. The Mayhem Mission is available from the contact Carl Tucker in Port Atlantis. This mission will track your kill points and category. You can get the mission from Dec 21st, but kills will not register before Dec 26th.
Dec 21st: Skill chipping is no longer allowed for Mayhem participants. You may get the Mayhem mission from Carl Tucker in Port Atlantis. Kills are not registered yet.

Dec 26th: Competition opens 00:00 UTC. After that, kills are registered. Final category qualification happens on first kill.

First of all welcome the announcement and the attempt of reducing the complaints of team killing etc in previous Mayhems. This will also help slightly the ks'ing problem.

It will not make much difference to the player that can pull a big gun out that can blast the *&^% out of a mob that has been damaged slightly by someone with a lower dps weapon.

Does this mean that one cannot chip from this date even if they do not register until the last moment on the 25th. or only for registered participants from the 21st.

I think the answer to the kill question is simply that the kill will go to the hunter that does the most overall damage to the mob regardless of the amount of other hunters shooting. Specifically a hunter that does anything over 50% of the damage no matter how much, even if it is less tha 1% over 50% they will get the kill. As for the points that will be as same as the previous years were points are awarded depending on the mob you are hunting in your category.

Back