is this a bug?

humanwoman

Old Alpha
I noticed that sometimes, when I find a deposit or have just finished extracting it, there is a mob spawned right where I am, at a distance 3-5 m and it starts attacking me.

So, for example, I stay safely in the middle of a relatively small spawn, I see all mobs to the limit of my radar, no one is attacking me, no GDs on the radar, I find a deposit and few second later bam!, there is a mob on me, out of nowhere, right where I am.

It happens every 10-15 successful finds or so.

Does it happen to somebody else or am I just being paranoid?

havent seen/recorded/noticed such bug yet :) proably I rarely have succefule finds .
Subscribe in case my luck changes... hmm proably not but just in case

can you tell us, do you have weapons when this happen?

I started noticing it very recently during my mining runs... The only explanation would be a respawn of a killed mob, but it happens so often that I noticed it and it's against any odds for it to happen right near me.

So I'm asking if something's wrong with the radar these days..

I have weapons on me, but I don't use it

oh look! another quasi proof that mining deposits are nothing but "mobs" without visible geometry except on death (claimrod appears) and depletion (claimrod disappears) :girl:

spawn elsewhere on depletion as a mob. respawning as a monster instead of another deposit might be a bug.

Just being parranoid M8. Want some Aluminuim rap for your head only 5 PED?

Just being parranoid M8. Want some Aluminuim rap for your head only 5 PED?

Maybe later, I kinda like it so far :)

respawning as a monster instead of another deposit might be a bug.

mobs appear before I extract the claim or in the process of it, so it's not it

but I have an EvE-like feeling that every time I open a container I have a fair chance of an enemy spawn

Havent notic anything like this on my recent mining runs :dunno:

Actually I did a mining run just today and I had EXACTLY this happen to me a dozen times.

Like RIGHT next to me, it caught my attention immediately, I'm pretty sure that there was nobody anywhere near me in that whole area.

Each time it happened the mob spawned within the inner radar circle and starts to attack immediately.

Also worth mentioning: The spawn is very very thin where I mine (mostly nothing on radar, sometimes 1 or 2 dots). Chances of the mob spawning on top of me 12 times is negligible....

swear to Lootius it's just happened again... twice... please help me...

the worst part, this time mobs spawned after I extracted my claims...

Thats not a bug! This also happens at hunters. I think they did change this some weeks ago. So it is more hard to survive, or even you have to kill some more mobs. All this is in the mind of MA, to get more peds and decay! Just look that you ever have some ammo and a gun while mining :D

Please look at when it happens, also look if there is any "loot lag" occurring at the same time. Yes I have had it happen.

Resource nodes can be interchangeable. It's a flaw in most databases, you cannot edit a locked record until it is closed. In other words due to the fact that you are the owner of that resource node, the node cannot despawn, also the system cannot create a node of the same type there as one already exists, so it switches type.

Why cant node types be interchangeable, the follow the same rules. Shooting a mob is the same as extracting a claim, they are both "decay" or "withdraw" actions.

Look if mining claims are the same as mobs, then they can move, I think that this is a far better explanation. It would make it far more difficult to track a moving target than an immovable one.

Legions little skillgain idea just got a little shot in the arm I think.... This is only hypothetical now, you obtaining a skillgain when mining is the same as when you are hunting. Except that this mob backs away when it gets hit instead of attacking you. So when a skillgain is found, you know there is a resource node nearby and you better move in order to find it.
So a miner would sort of be like a AOE hunter. Cudos humanwoman for bringing up this topic.

Please look at when it happens, also look if there is any "loot lag" occurring at the same time. Yes I have had it happen.

Resource nodes can be interchangeable. It's a flaw in most databases, you cannot edit a locked record until it is closed. In other words due to the fact that you are the owner of that resource node, the node cannot despawn, also the system cannot create a node of the same type there as one already exists, so it switches type.

Why cant node types be interchangeable, the follow the same rules. Shooting a mob is the same as extracting a claim, they are both "decay" or "withdraw" actions.

Look if mining claims are the same as mobs, then they can move, I think that this is a far better explanation. It would make it far more difficult to track a moving target than an immovable one.

Legions little skillgain idea just got a little shot in the arm I think.... This is only hypothetical now, you obtaining a skillgain when mining is the same as when you are hunting. Except that this mob backs away when it gets hit instead of attacking you. So when a skillgain is found, you know there is a resource node nearby and you better move in order to find it.
So a miner would sort of be like a AOE hunter. Cudos humanwoman for bringing up this topic.

sry, what you try to explain us:) the fact is, a mob spawn at you.. mining or hunt.. or while just stand at a place for a longer time. This is programmed like this... just not a bug! And this happens since some weeks now.

Well, I won't spend more money because of this, but mining definitely became more difficult.. or rather uncomfortable

I doubt that MA cares to spawn a new mob every time I drop a bomb, I think they might activate one of those latent mobs outside the radar, if the spawn is thin and no other players are around :scratch2:

I don't think mining and hunting resources are interchangeable

As to the time of it, it's hard to say, I have a lot of lag, but it's not the lag issue, as I see all mobs on the radar OK before this targeted spawn

Well, I won't spend more money because of this, but mining definitely became more difficult.. or rather uncomfortable

I doubt that MA cares to spawn a new mob every time I drop a bomb, I think they might activate one of those latent mobs outside the radar, if the spawn is thin and no other players are around :scratch2:

I think its standing in one place. If you stand in the same place (extracting a larger claims usually means this) for some x amount of time, a mob is spawned close to you. It used to be that going away from computer after making sure the radar was clean was fairly safe, but its not any more. It is now far more likely that a mob spawns, agros and attacks you.

Nothing Spawns near me, because I already am...

On a more serious note : It's worth killing the mobs near to your Spawn (no I don't mean kill all the mobs near me, I will do those myself)

I don't know if its a bug or not, but i have noticed it as well. for me it seems to happen every couple of runs though. So its not consistent, but when it happens it seems like every drop creates a mob even if there is no claim. its almost like they are using me to seed the spawn. it seems very obvious when you are in a LA. I've also noticed that the mobs seem to be attracted to my claims as well.

Then again I tend to mining in areas with large spawns of mobs.

Thats new respawn mate. It was evolving from mobs spawnig at edge of inner circle of radar into spawning on "your head" as it is now. I also noticed next thing - if you leave your claim alone for couple of minutes expect mobs being spawned close to it.
I tested this at aloode. There are many maffos there. What was interesting was the fact that it was always biggest maturity spawend at my claim (warrior)
Another small nerf.

Just an advice - believe your own perception more than this forum. There are always ppl around who will say they didnt noticed anything and very likely, will call you a whinner just because of it.

edit: while writing this I was killed by a maffo lol
gj MA :D

Last edited:
I'm not sure whether this happens specifically after a claim, though I certainly had just such an event yesterday.

What is happening to be sure is that mobs spawn very close to one nowadays, either very quickly after killing one, or just at random.

I don't like that, either as a miner (it's becoming pointless to clear a patch of ground of mobs before mining), or as a player. Maybe this sounds daft - but a mod materialising straight in front of you spoils the illusion that there is some reality attached to the world (and one materialising straight behind you is just plain infuriating when you're drilling). It's fine for hunters who are playing arcade-style, but not for anyone else.

I would like to see MA go back to slow respawns generally, and only quick respawning in specified areas for hunters.

Pallas

last night i was hunt some trox, near nate, and 3 times it happens, that 5-6 trox runs from far to our team. But no green dots was near of us. and a lot spawned near us also. So this "new spawn system" works at hunt and mining.

Mobs respawn when they are killed. How do you know there isn't a hunter killing mobs on the spawn land you are on that are now respanwing on your radar?

Any player with half a brain has realized by now that mobs spawn more frequently around humans than they have in the past.

You're not "paranoid" in a bad way. You are observant of the new normal.

Mobs respawn when they are killed. How do you know there isn't a hunter killing mobs on the spawn land you are on that are now respanwing on your radar?

Any player with half a brain has realized by now that mobs spawn more frequently around humans than they have in the past.

You're not "paranoid" in a bad way. You are observant of the new normal.

I am mearly overly observant..

what I honestly don't understand, is why to make so consistently this game more and more difficult and/or expensive to play :scratch2:

I can't believe that MA makes more profit this way. I don't want to believe they are suicidal either.

So probably they do? But how? By reducing the player base to a few hundreds of rich dudes?

Because this new nerf along with many other tricks will not make me to spend more, it will make me to play less, and the less you play, the less you care about the game, which makes you spend even less...

Last edited:
what I honestly don't understand, is why to make so consistently this game more and more difficult and/or expensive to play :scratch2:

I can't believe that MA makes more profit this way. I don't want to believe they are suicidal either.

So probably they do? But how? By reducing the player base to a few hundreds of rich dudes?

Because this new nerf along with many other tricks will not make me to spend more, it will make me to play less, and the less you play, the less you care about the game, which makes you spend even less...

Maybe a well thought anti-addiction programme by MA ?

Yes this happened to me on several mining runs/finds. It also happens very frequently but randomly. I have been running through an empty field for several minutes with NO MOBS anywhere and had a spawn inside my inner radar ring. Attacked and I'm DEAD. Done and Done. :eyecrazy:

MA found some theories about timers/clocks/veins to be too close to the reality, so the algorithm was changed to become more based on avatar location instead of geometry in the land... No need spending server clock ticks on tracking mobs that are not near any avatars, so just make them all spawn inside of the radars of the avatars nearest where the spawn would normally occur... side effect, maybe possible, if mined stuff is 'invisible mobs' as some suggest - perhaps mined resources will spawn inside the radar more often?

OP is on to something here, and it's been mentioned recently by other players. There is indeed something different about random spawns appearing within your inner circle on radar. I've seen it countless times, and as a joke, I would always tell my soc mate that it's a "rambo" spawn, referring to the post I read about it happening. It was funny the first few times it happened, but now I realize it's a normal thing now, and it's not funny anymore.

In the middle of nowhere on a mining run, no GD in sight (very unlikely there is anyone around, and if they are, they won't likely be hunting), and I hit a claim....all's normal, but halfway into extracting, MA beams a red dot in my radar. Not a big deal, most of the time, because it's a small mob and I have ammo...but some of my runs I go unarmed and it gets very annoying to be chased because I can't kill the damn thing. This doesn't only happen while mining. On several occasions I'll be out in the middle of nowhere, no red dot on my radar, and I'll stop to get up and do something, and when I get back, there's a GDMF mob chewing away at me!

I read the initial post about this problem and laughed...."yeah right, it's very very very very rare that a random mob spawns on you in the middle of nowhere where the mobs are few to nonexistant." It's happend to me countless times since I read that post and now I know it to be a fact. Enough speculation for me here. MA changed something, regardless of what Hanne has said.

I don't know who came up with it, but they are now officially called "ninja spawns" :)
"killed by a ninja spawn"

many of them not just appear near you, but are already in the aggro state, running towards you, with the saliva dribbling from their... whatever they have in there

I call them "MA hugs"

Last edited:
Here's a good rule of thumb, for future reference...

If it makes your life easier, reduces decay or losses, or makes you money, It's a Bug.

It if makes MA/FPC/SEE Whatever money, it's a Feature.

;(

Back