FYI: Enhancer consumption doesn't depend on base item

Egg90

Prowler
Society
Supremacy Reign
Rob Egg90 Owens
I'm nearly finished on the Foul missions for which I've been using my Brave ME to tier up as a cheap tagger. This gun is perfect for foul but I was hoping to keep tiering it on the Argo mission next for which it's a little underpowered. I couldn't find any info on enhancer consumption for lower level weapons so I sent this support case:

support_ticket_1.jpg

This is a real shame, I would use enhancers on it if they lasted longer than on a more powerful gun, but as not it will be far too expensive. Surely it makes sense to increase the chance of an enhancer breaking the more extra damage you get out of it? This would mean alot more enhancers get used by lower level players.

I was a little surprised by the direct & clear answer, I'd expect support of old to give a vauge, ambiguous answer containing the phrase "can't divulge the inner workings of Entropia Universe" or something.

Well no need to research that I guess. No we know a tier 10 opalo sga makes no sense at all.

but....they could be lying...

Yeh I had that thought aswell, can they be trusted at all?

Support person #1: Hey, what's the answer to this?

Support person #2: Erm... I dunno... probably not I guess... Just say no

:laugh:

Isnt this old news?

Yes, it's old news. In my own tests, and when comparing with others who track, the average break-rate does seem to be around the advertised 1,000 shots for damage enhancers (tested on MM, imk2).

This is a fallacy due to the fact that the break-rate should coincide with ammo consumption, similar to the manner in which other weapon mechanics exhibit. You aren't charged static X PED ammo per shot, are you?
:bs:

This is a fallacy due to the fact that the break-rate should coincide with ammo consumption, similar to the manner in which other weapon mechanics exhibit. You aren't charged static X PED ammo per shot, are you?

From what I understand, the MF implants decay exactly as much no matter which chip is used, meaning that the higher implant you have in relation to chip size, the less eco it will be... the smaller chip you use with a big implant, the less eco it will be...

I guess that is a valid comparison?

In my own tests, and when comparing with others who track, the average break-rate does seem to be around the advertised 1,000 shots for damage enhancers
Where have you seen this advertised (by MA)?

From what I understand, the MF implants decay exactly as much no matter which chip is used, meaning that the higher implant you have in relation to chip size, the less eco it will be... the smaller chip you use with a big implant, the less eco it will be...

I guess that is a valid comparison?

Yep. But also the chip type is important IMHO. Corrosive chips for example do very little damage but have a high fire rate. That makes for beautiful :eyecrazy:-moments at the repair terminal.

& this is the reason I'll stop tiering my gun.
I2870 has low base dmg but high uses so I get less bang for the buck on the enhacer part & tiering of the gun costs a shitload compared to other guns..
Nice fuckup in balancing

& this is the reason I'll stop tiering my gun.
I2870 has low base dmg but high uses so I get less bang for the buck on the enhacer part & tiering of the gun costs a shitload compared to other guns..
Nice fuckup in balancing

from the players side yes, but from MA's it's perfect. In the way you describe i.e. more cost effective to use them on high damage low use weapons it's similar to the missions that give stats, better to do those when you have high skill than low.

from the players side yes, but from MA's it's perfect. In the way you describe i.e. more cost effective to use them on high damage low use weapons it's similar to the missions that give stats, better to do those when you have high skill than low.

Doesn't really makes me understand why my low dmg/shot weapon costs waaaay more to tier then a high dmg weapon, def knowing that I allready pay more when using enhancers then an avg person.

enhancers are really gambling (random) ................... but you you MA is not gambling

Where have you seen this advertised (by MA)?

A representative posted it. I'm sure if you search hard enough you will uncover it, but I'm 99.99% sure I remember correctly. The tests prove this correct, regardless.

Never though I'd dread the mod merc's rate of fire :laugh:

A representative posted it. I'm sure if you search hard enough you will uncover it, but I'm 99.99% sure I remember correctly. The tests prove this correct, regardless.

Never though I'd dread the mod merc's rate of fire :laugh:

My tests show a significantly higher average number of shots per break. 2.5 - 3 k.

Over how large a sample size?

my tests also show a lot more shots,but i did tests with 4 slots open and with 5 slots open
sample size first test was 131.900 shots with tier 4 ulcb24 and 2 enhancers in 2 slots
second test 110.700 shots with 5 slots open and all slots enhanced(first 2 accuracy other 3 slots damage)

so id say thatsa large enough samplesize

breakrate was at first test 2315
second test was 2187

reason i tested was cause with 2 slots open i had average breakrate of around 1/1000 but that was a small test,i was wondering if more slots open meant better breakrate

Over how large a sample size?

Riker UL2 tier 3.x 90k shots. 89 broken enhancers. Mean shots per break approx 2.9k. Median shots per break approx 2.2k
Korss H400 tier 4.x 100k shots. 158 broken enhancers. Mean shots per break approx 2.5k. Median shots per break 1.5k

Keep in mind that each weapon has multiple enhancers attached so I have a chance for several enhancers to break per shot. Average calc is for the number of shots an individual enahancer is used for before it breaks.

I have also started on opalo sga and adapted anabolic but the sample size is far too small for even premilinary conclusions.

Given the apparant difference in break rate between weapons I am wondering if (despite the posted response from support) there is some impact from cost per shot or average damage. Is on my list to investigate.

Regards,
KikkiJikki

Small clarification - it's around 1000 shots to break 1 enhancer per tier. So if you would be to use full T4 of damage enhancers, then 4 would brake per 1000 shots.
My tests confirm the break rate on imk2, only dmg enhancers used.

girtsn,

yep I understand that. my results are that its 2.5 - 3k shots to break one enhancer per tier. So for my H400 using all 4 tiers thats 2.5 k shots to break 4 enhancers.

Given the different results for different weapons there are a couple of possible reasonable conclusions:
1. either our sample size is still far too low
2. or the information from support is not correct, it does some how depend on some attribute of the weapon.

Regards,
KikkiJikki

girtsn,

yep I understand that. my results are that its 2.5 - 3k shots to break one enhancer per tier. So for my H400 using all 4 tiers thats 2.5 k shots to break 4 enhancers.

Given the different results for different weapons there are a couple of possible reasonable conclusions:
2. or the information from support is not correct, it does some how depend on some attribute of the weapon.

Regards,
KikkiJikki

Seems like just "your" sample size, not "our". I know a few very high volume hunters who use damage enhancers extensively and they all report a ~1000 shot average.

Interesting. Just to be sure, it was damage enhancers as well?
My sample size was a month of shooting, 4700 per run *4.5 runs per day*30 days = 634500 shots. But it's ~ same even on 1 week samples, so that should not be the issue.

girtsn,

Regards,
KikkiJikki

Seems like just "your" sample size, not "our". I know a few very high volume hunters who use damage enhancers extensively and they all report a ~1000 shot average.

id say my test with total of 250k shots or roughly 75k ped cycled is large enough....and im on average of 1/2250

xen, fair enuff, I have no idea how many shots others have done. And I've used up less than 300 enhancers. I have done as much as I can given the amount of time I can put in and will continue to collect data whenever I have the opportunity. 190k shots does seem like a fairly high sample size though. My weapons are relatively low dps. That might make a difference.

girtsn, yes my tests are with damage enhancers.

It hope it's connected to the damage of the weapon, i thought it was that way.

I hope it is relative to damage, but except for a couple people here, I've heard otherwise.

I don't know from personal experience as I hardly ever use damage enhancers, I think the markup is too high.

mine is higher too than 1/1000 at about 1/1600, sample size 7.8k spiders... at around 67.7dmg/sec on average

What gun is it? With what tiers?
mine is higher too than 1/1000 at about 1/1600, sample size 7.8k spiders... at around 67.7dmg/sec on average

Is this info still accurate? Was wondering about that matter, only in regard to medical enhancers (i guess the principles are the same).

For whatever reason I have never experienced an enhancer to break after its first use. If it was random, then it should be able to break that way. Apparently there are some 'base' uses.
So what if I put one enhancer in each slot, shoot 500 times, then switch them and sell the 'used' ones back to the auction? Would the buyer of my 'used' enhancer also be able to use it 500 times safely? Or will it break? Which would suggest you only buy your enhancers freshly crafted?

Back