FYI: Excessive Complaining / Negativity

Status

Site Admin
Admin
There has been an unfortunate trend over the past few months of a small minority of members engaging in overly excessive whining, complaining, rudeness, and overall negativity.

In particular, several members appear to visit PCF for the sole purpose of disparaging Entropia Universe and MindArk, and to sow discontent among the playerbase. These same (small minority of) disruptive members focus most of their forum activity on belittling and insulting any other members that show the slightest enthusiasm for Entropia Universe, usually in the form of off-topic thread trolling, nasty reputation messages, etc.

This thread shall serve as fair warning to those consistently disruptive members: such immature activity will not be tolerated, and will very quickly result in sanctions against your forum account in the form of: reduced posting privileges, temporary bans, and in extreme cases where repeated warnings are ignored, permanent bans.

All of us can get frustrated or disappointed with Entropia at times, especially when we may not agree with the decisions of the developers. However, the proper way to communicate that dissatisfaction is by providing constructive criticism in the proper manner (submitting support cases, posting your feedback in the Suggestions/Wishlist and Bug Reports forums, etc.).

Incessant and childish whining/flaming/trolling all over the forum is NOT the appropriate way to express your dissatisfaction, and will begin being moderated much more stringently by the PCF staff moving forward.

One of the best things about Entropia Universe has always been its wonderful playerbase and forum community. As admin of PCF, it is my duty to ensure that a small minority of immature and disgruntled members do not damage or destroy that community for the rest of us.

Remember that the PCF moderators are volunteers, and work very hard to keep the forum running smoothly (often a very thankless job). Members can help them in their effort to keep PCF civil, informative and vibrant by reporting posts that are disruptive, or that may be in violation of the Forum Rules.

Thanks for your cooperation, and thanks for making PCF the wonderful Entropia Universe community it has been for so long.

:cool:

oh i know a dude that does that... {DELETED}

Last edited by a moderator:
oh i know a dude that does that... {DELETED}

If you believe that someone is being consistently disruptive, please send a PM to one of the moderators with the name of the member.

If you believe that someone is being consistently disruptive, please send a PM to one of the moderators with the name of the member.
im sorry :/

Well i think they do it (complain) because they get frustrated that they cant participate because its to expensive for them but at the same time they love the game so complaining is their way of hoping to cause MA to change their policy of only the rich can afford to play.Dont forget alot ... ALOT of people played for years only to see everything become so expensive it litterally priced them out of participating . You see them standing in auction their arms and back slumped over like their the standing dead. Try and understand them before judging them to harshly;)

I would like to report:

- {DELETED}
- {DELETED}
- {DELETED}
- {DELETED}
- {DELETED}
- {DELETED}
- {DELETED}
- {DELETED}
- {DELETED}
- {DELETED}
- {DELETED}
- {DELETED}

I would like to report:

- {DELETED}
- {DELETED}
- {DELETED}
- {DELETED}
- {DELETED}
- {DELETED}
- {DELETED}
- {DELETED}
- {DELETED}
- {DELETED}
- {DELETED}
- {DELETED}

I would like to report Kimmi for excessive reporting...:silly2:

I would like to report Kimmi for falsely reporting {DELETED}, {DELETED} and {DELETED} becuase they asked too much PED for skills.

I wrote this in another thread, and it goes for this one too imo:
It's all about reading between the lines. Some whining might look like crap,
but when you really look at it, it can have valid points. Others are just crap.
Some posts that are nicely written with right spelling, grammar and so on,
might look good but same there, some has valid points. Others are crap.

Reasons for this are many. Some are good with words, others aren't.
The trick is to find the valid points, and not take the rest so serious.
This isn't easy, quite hard actually, since most people use their own
p.o.v as a norm.
Those who have capacity and the ability to look beyond their own
norm, and look at stuff more broad-minded, they gonna succeed
in this...

{DELETED}

Last edited by {DELETED}; Today at {DELETED}. Reason: want to gain {DELETED} skills

Remember that the PCF moderators are volunteers, and work very hard to keep the forum running smoothly (often a very thankless job). Members can help them in their effort to keep PCF civil, informative and vibrant by reporting posts that are disruptive, or that may be in violation of the Forum Rules.

Thanks for your cooperation, and thanks for making PCF the wonderful Entropia Universe community it has been for so long.

:cool:

I can understand a bit how moderators must feel at times. I've been a moderator myself for a time at a punk website. You just can't make everyone happy so it can feel like you do it wrong all the time. If you act people are like "what the heck is that good for? I was only just saying -bla bla bla-" if you stand by idly they go like "how could you let that happen?"
Even worse when you participate in a discussion as a moderator. Some can get personally insulted very fast and believe that when a moderator disagrees that their posts will get moderator earlier as a consequence.

Gotta say: people complain because they love a thing and want it to get better. But when you complain you gotta aks yourself do I complain about 1 part or 10/10?

Thumbs up for the moderators!

:thumbup::cool::thumbup:

Since my ban i was insulted hundreads of times and just now administrator wake up????
I was warning long time for this things and nobody listening.

Good to know you are manage better your forum...

I got a new rank in whining today :dunce:

And I sure paid for it

TAC
Soc Leader
Ice Cold

whining is a skill too , cant chip it out thou : P

Neg rep me whatever , i love the Game ,but the Game hates me :wtg::wtg::wtg:

p.s
j/k . just so you know

I heard someone say in the Military that people weren't happy unless they were complaining, so they gave us a lot to complain about :laugh:

I dont like read threads with zombies, no life and fight posters, self promoters, whiners about whiners, self claimed policemans, anticheaters and witch hunters, off topic posters, trollers and hijackers, forum wariors on "positive" side and all rest who got this forum as a poligon to prove their ability in language and wording without telling nothing.
If i add to that kind of threads deleted posts and deleted responses to deleted posts and constant pressure and reminds about how easy is to get baned what will remain for having fun to read them ?
If we remove all that then here will remain only sales part of forum.
For ther rest im sure MA can notice us about anything they want on e-mail address we gave them.

Yes, I like this forum being very clean... and thanks (to the moderators) for doing a nice job.

But in no way I'd stop expressing my feeling/opinion/observations... positive or negative.

If i get banned that's fine..

And I'd like to start with this observation:

I would like to report:

- {DELETED}
- {DELETED}
- {DELETED}
- {DELETED}
- {DELETED}
- {DELETED}
- {DELETED}
- {DELETED}
- {DELETED}
- {DELETED}
- {DELETED}
- {DELETED}

Authority defying personality :)

I see nothing changing with this. Some moderators try very hard to keep things professional, others inject their personal views into their moderation. Unfortunately the personal views tend to favor (or disfavor) people known to them just as often as ideas they might actively espouse (or reject) themselves. Ultimately what this will result in is the same complainers complaining because they're an old friend of so-and-so, though new complainers will be actively sought out and removed.

That's my point though. All it does is hurt the newbie who might not know the flavor of the community here and takes the snarky nature of the forum a little too personally.

This post is not a complaint by its own design. Just feedback that can either be used constructively, or viewed as a complaint. Whichever is more convenient. :D

But in no way I'd stop expressing my feeling/opinion/observations... positive or negative.

You dont have to be overly negative or complain excessively to bw able to express your feelings/oppinions/observations at all, weather its good or bad. As post says, just be constructive.

omg thank you! I get so sick of seeing miserable threads I barely bother with most of the forum anymore

You dont have to be overly negative or complain excessively to bw able to express your feelings/oppinions/observations at all, weather its good or bad. As post says, just be constructive.

Indeed, there is a huge difference between being negative in a constructive manner and being negative in a rude, bitchy way :)

Indeed, there is a huge difference between being negative in a constructive manner and being negative in a rude, bitchy way :)

just out of my curiousity, would you mind which of my post in last 6 months or so (if any) sounded negative in a rude/bitchy way or close to it :)

I'm not chellenging, but just to have some perspective and self reflection... as you know I'm sure.. when we post sometimes we can't see/identify our own mistakes .

Last edited:
just out of my curiousity, would you mind which of my post in last 6 months or so (if any) sounded negative in a rude/bitchy way or close to it :)

To be honest, I do not remember each and every post from everyone so I can not :laugh:

I do know there are often too many (unjustified) whiny posts though :wise:

There has been an unfortunate trend over the past few months of a small minority of members engaging in overly excessive whining, complaining, rudeness, and overall negativity.

In particular, several members appear to visit PCF for the sole purpose of disparaging Entropia Universe and MindArk, and to sow discontent among the playerbase. These same (small minority of) disruptive members focus most of their forum activity on belittling and insulting any other members that show the slightest enthusiasm for Entropia Universe, usually in the form of off-topic thread trolling, nasty reputation messages, etc.

This thread shall serve as fair warning to those consistently disruptive members: such immature activity will not be tolerated, and will very quickly result in sanctions against your forum account in the form of: reduced posting privileges, temporary bans, and in extreme cases where repeated warnings are ignored, permanent bans.

All of us can get frustrated or disappointed with Entropia at times, especially when we may not agree with the decisions of the developers. However, the proper way to communicate that dissatisfaction is by providing constructive criticism in the proper manner (submitting support cases, posting your feedback in the Suggestions/Wishlist and Bug Reports forums, etc.).

The challenge with "negativity" on forums is that people like to discuss things, and typically have a wide variety of opinions on various topics. For example, the recent discussions about deeds posted within the last 48 hours:

Deeds - your opinion

My opinion on deeds

In thread discussions such as these which specifically state individual opinions, it is inevitable that some people may have a "negative" opinion. Is stating negative opinions against anything related to the Entropia Universe and MindArk now considered against forum policy?

If so, then there is quite a bit of forum housecleaning to do, as negativity has been expressed for YEARS on this forum, not just in the last few months.

Taming: the waiting...

<By the way, I'm not whining, complaining, being rude, or overly negative... I'm just making a statement and asking for clarity on policy.>

Last edited:

Agreed, I just hope that this is not the first step to more rules against people complaining or posting negative things.

We all know that sending a support case just does not work if you have a complain or doubt about anything (like the shares), you will get a standard copy/paste answer back most of the time.

It would also help if MA just answered some of our questions in a strait forward manner (and a simple NO is pretty strait forward to if you ask me). I know a planet that does that pretty well and I hardly see anyone complain over there.

To be honest, I do not remember each and every post from everyone so I can not :laugh:

I do know there are often too many (unjustified) whiny posts though :wise:

K you are excused,,, being not a moderator :)

But feel free to point out...in the future

In thread discussions such as these which specifically state individual opinions, it is inevitable that some people may have a "negative" opinion. Is stating negative opinions against anything related to the Entropia Universe and MindArk now considered against forum policy?

Read 711s post again and you'll see it is mainly aimed at repeated non-constructive whining, insulting and attacking of people... not negativity in general

I am rude and bitchy but i'm not being negative... should i feel addressed? :silly2:

Read 711s post again and you'll see it is mainly aimed at repeated non-constructive whining, insulting and attacking of people... not negativity in general

Yeah... I did read it before I posted, thanks. I read it again, too.

That reads to me that any dissatisfaction should not be expressed on the forum other than the "proper" channels listed in the original post.

Status
Back