Akbar's Travels - The Feffoid Cave

Akbar

Stalker
Banned
Society
ViaDolorosa
Akbar's Travels

- The Feffoid Cave -

You'll find the Feffoid cave mission starting from Port Atlantis NPC avatar Ms. Leyana 61330 / 75260.
The Feffoid Cave Entrance is a bit North at 61130 / 76400.
Goal of the mission : Clear the cave (kill around 20 feffoids Outcast-Bandit), and find the Crystal (1490/494).
Then come back to Ms Leyana to get a reward, 5 mission Tokens.
If you die, you revive inside the cave. Limited time 20 minutes (easy).
Enjoy & GL.

feffoid_cave_00_small.jpg

Last edited:
I just went on this and the crystal was nowhere to be found. Got good loot, so that's nice, but could not finish the mission.

I just went on this and the crystal was nowhere to be found. Got good loot, so that's nice, but could not finish the mission.

They are a small blue stone way in the back of the case, close to a wall but still on the ground. You have to be close for them to even show up. I hope that helps.

Did the daily for the first time y-day when i got back to Calypso its quite awesome to have a daily instance even though its pretty much mobs and no boss or anything... it gives me an excuse to work a bit on my feff mission each day :D.

Best regards
Zweshi

Notice: the position of crystal may differ (i think there are few caves around and this is the reason, or mayby few different instances). My was around ~450/~460 cords and the 1490/494 was not even inside the cave :laugh:.

Question: do i have to wait 24 hours from the time i claim the prize from npc or mayby there is some sort of time reset for this (and other) daily quest (like for example 10:00 am MA time and i can claim prize at 9:30 and start another at 10:01 ;) and then wait till next day 10:00)?
Would be easier for people to know if they can do it already or no if it is option nr two. Also i think it would be easier to implement for MA (and less memory to hold on server: only 1 bit variable for each daily quest for each player, while keeping track of time needs at least 3 small ints for each daily quest for each player ;)).

I have done this quest for the first time and it is indeed very easy one. p4a + A104, naked and a herb box to heal in meanfigts and its doable in about 12-15 minutes ;).

Falagor
:bandit:

I was in the cave again and still i had the crystal at cords 460/695 exactly (in previous post i was writing from other computer and had no info that i noted to myself earlier but i remember that definetly both cords were under 1k ;)).

Btw: both times i was in there, there were exactly 9 feffoids outcasts and 6 bandits. It might be a coincedence but it is worth checking if this is true (espetially for someone who wants to grind ths thing for like ages and like to keep track of profit/loss).

Just a notice for any "perception gain" loot theory beliver:

so far i heard three relations to it that after perc gain:
- there is a mob in your radar range with good loot inside
- there is a good mining claim around you (radar range)
- there are some fruits/stones around

When i was inside the dave i have got 2 perc gains (in short perioid of time). Then i have not got any good loot of the feffoids that have left (my overal TT return was about 55%). Tried mining: got "You can not mine in this location." message. After caliming the crystal i have spent the time left for just walking around. I did not expect any fruits because in this case they would have to be generated inside the cave for every instance created which would make no sense (fast refresh - exploitable).

So to sum up - if there is still anyone convinced about this theory that it really works: please explait this case :laugh:.
Seems to me that this case proves that perception is only just another skill that contributes to few professions.

Falagor
:bandit:

Just did the mission - my crystal was also at 460/695

The spawn varies sometimes its more outcasts, other times is more bandits. ratio seems to be 13 or so of one and 7 or so of the other. im experiments where i leave the cave and come back a few minutes later to get a more preferable spawn and it seems to work. (i usually prefer to hunt the outcasts instead of the bandits. for this type of mission).

loot is otherwise like any other fef spawn.. i got 2 globals from this cave the globals were entirely a korss h400

The 2 lasts caves i did, the crystal was for both at 463-497

the feff count is 15.

The 2 lasts caves i did, the crystal was for both at 463-497

the feff count is 15.

It always is. I did the Feff cave every day for weeks. The positions of the Feffs are always the same, too. I think their maturity varies, tho. If I remember correctly, sometimes I had more Outcasts than Bandits and sometimes it's the other way around.

Hi all... i have the problem that Ms. layna doesn't talk to me at all... what mission do I need to do first?

Hi all... i have the problem that Ms. layna doesn't talk to me at all... what mission do I need to do first?

Kim disabled the mission some time ago. My guess is that he didn't turn it on again although they "fixed" it.

Normal. they wodnt work in same building so..
jzzz get ur act togehter! u need like 10 vus to fix a simple thing??

Back