Old Entropia feeling?

JakkDanielsz

Dominant
Society
Freelancer
:O
Hey Kim!

Here is a quote from one of your posts:

"No I don't think so, I want to bring back the old project entropia "frontier" feel and those buildings don't fit in. Think more in the lines of hangar / medusas head / triton style. "

I just want to say that the entropia feeling will allways be gone with all the items, clothes and stuff people bring from other planets.

I guess its already too late to do anything about it. But yea thats how i feel. It just dont fit in and ruins the feeling.

(I just saw a hoovering poke-ball at port atlantis btw.)

Whats your thoughts about this? Dont you agree?

Have a nice day!

/Simon

I think Arkadia's style fits right in the old entropia feel, it;s scifi as well, and tbh they are doing a better job with the sci-fi theme.

the poke-ball is more according to old style entropia then the helicopter, boat, tank ,hummer and the hovercraft are.

vtol and quad are entropia worthy vehicles and so is the pokeball.

Alright, first off I'll give you a +rep simply for naming the hoverpod "Pokeball" and I will forever use that name for it from now on :laugh:

Anyways, I agree with Spawn in that the Arkadia items do fit in the Entropia feel... but I dislike seeing some things from Next Island and RockTropia (wth, Transformers helmets and such? seriously?). I try to see them as some kind of "novelty souvenir items" and RockTropia as some "virtual reality vacation world" though (I would support some stricter rules about that kind of stuff though) :rolleyes:

The Medusas Head islands, the new islands, Billys, Chugs and ironically the Hadesheim crater are actually the places that reminds me the most of "old Entropia" as it is now. Chugs is where I feel at home and spend a lot of my time when I am simply chatting and such, Medusas Head and the new islands is where I go when I want to feel nostalgia...

I wish we would get more of the things we see there back... Chikara/Omegaton/Genesis Star advertisements, old metal buildings with large guns, crashed ships, old junk and debris, unique atmospheres, etc and I really have hope that we will have that in the future :)

I think Arkadia's style fits right in the old entropia feel, it;s scifi as well, and tbh they are doing a better job with the sci-fi theme.

tbh in the time I've spent there it feels more like EU than Calypso has since vu10. That didn't stop me getting the free chopper and 4x4 from The Thing though ;)

Maybe it's just the way they landscaped the place, with vu10 Eudoria and Amethera were totally transformed, huge unclimbable mountains some atleast 2 feet ;) high were introduced and few of the old locations survived.

Then we get Arkadia which seems to have modeled on the old EU, much flatter land with virtually no areas off limits due to the terrain. Equally it didn't have a golf course in the middle of the continent (which I quite liked and prefer to volcano tbh as it had a decent Foul spawn).

I've spent some time on RT and some of the areas are good, I like the landscaping in places but it also a pain as well. Vast areas of mountain ranges leaving you to take large detours by road or resort to tp or flying (the free chopper helped out). But just as it's getting in to it you get sudden glaring change to the environment either with a Zombie, Dominatrix or Forum Troll in a scene that could have come from GTA or an 80's horror movie.

The newer faps were nicknamed pokeballs before the Ark pods though.

Last edited:
I also am in favor of stricter regulation on what sort of items can be brought over. Granted there must be an economy between worlds, however before the planets were released I was under the impression developers were going to be a bit more attentive when it came to foreign type objects entering the world.

So far the only example I see of this occurring is Ancient Greece, where all future type items are not allowed.

Certain planet specific promotions will, I hope, be kept specific to that planet in the future. Including Calypso promotions, even if that kills potential markup.

But then you can't call it a universe. It also begs the question why then have travel between the planets and not just an account that can access them all if we aren't going to allow items to travel between them.

Even The Thing now allows standard EU items to be used there.

I can understand Ancient Greece blocking items, they could even write it into the lore by saying the time travel process wouldn't work if items were carried through. If you've read some of the Warhammer 40000 books they do feature planets that have been cut off / forgotten about that have decended into a medieval culture and technology, still didn't the visitors hi-tech weaponry from working though.

In the end EU could end up being more like West World, a high tech resort with lots of differently set worlds (for those few who never saw the movie or read the book).

But considering that it was someone at MA who said that "not everyone wants to go to a scifi planet" that they then promptly added space as a scifi battle zone, so even they aren't showing a cohesive development plan.

Last edited:
it seems to me that the concept of the pre-10VU EU has lost it from financial prospects of being able to accept planet partners

I wonder how many veterans would like it if things we remembered from old VU 9 came back.

How about a crashed spaceship or two littering the place, or the old umbra places with "Ztoopid umanz" and maybe, maybe sunbathing Dez....

It's a universe, with different planets, that all have different customs. Do you get upset when you see people wearing foreign clothes in your country?

On the otherhand, transformers helmets, ya those are just stupid.

If I ever want to feel like it's Pre-VU10 I'll go over to Memorial Island.
It's a beautiful place where some aspects of VU8, VU9 and VU10 fade in together.

For example, the statueless memorial to Island Girl and the small memorial of the winged baby.
The Island Girl memorial in particular has been ingame since before I started playing and it was a place I'd visit from time to time.
Just getting there reminds me of those days in my butt-less thigh guards, murmering when I typed, running to swamp camp or climbing to the top of one of the Twin Peaks to visit the good ol' Lootius statue.

I feel as long as a few things don't change, I can see OJs and Zychion never gets fixed the Old Entropia feel will forever stay within the game.
If it does change, I'll look back on my old screenshots then.

We don't need more rules on stuff that works somewhere and not elsewhere... The reason is simple... if you can buy it, you should be able to use it wherever you want. Otherwise, they shouldn't allow you to buy it at all.

Pokeball hoverpod what have I missed?

Hey Kim!

Here is a quote from one of your posts:

"No I don't think so, I want to bring back the old project entropia "frontier" feel and those buildings don't fit in. Think more in the lines of hangar / medusas head / triton style. "

I just want to say that the entropia feeling will allways be gone with all the items, clothes and stuff people bring from other planets.

I guess its already too late to do anything about it. But yea thats how i feel. It just dont fit in and ruins the feeling.

(I just saw a hoovering poke-ball at port atlantis btw.)

Whats your thoughts about this? Dont you agree?

Have a nice day!

/Simon

When I think of that 'old Entropia feeling' I don't think about places and items.

I think about how I move.

Maybe its just me, but since VU10, it feels different moving around in the world. My avatar doesn't flow the same. Its kind of hard to describe but its like before VU10 I was driving one car and after VU10 I was driving a different car. A different car with a totallly different feel.

On the otherhand, transformers helmets, ya those are just stupid.

Helmets? They have T-Shirts and even 3 NPC "Developer" Shopkeepers on Next Isle selling them!

A lovely way to shatter the "calm beach resort" suspension of disbelief atmosphere - by throwing in realworld promotional trash!

Atleast disguise it as an offworld trade shack with a memorable-oddball-character-npc or something.

Playing on Arkadia the last 6 months i've got that old Project Entropia Feeling back.

I'd still like to see them change loot. Not that i'm complaining about amounts but just the amount of different items in each loot. It liked the old days when you hunted one mob and came back with like 5 different materials at most not 20.

Helmets? They have T-Shirts and even 3 NPC "Developer" Shopkeepers on Next Isle selling them!

A lovely way to shatter the "calm beach resort" suspension of disbelief atmosphere - by throwing in realworld promotional trash!

Atleast disguise it as an offworld trade shack with a memorable-oddball-character-npc or something.

Meh, the shirts I don't mind so much, they are easy to overlook, but the helmets stand out. And just imagine if an entire transformers armour set is introduced. Shirts I can live with, people dressed head to toe as transformers, not so much. Although maybe that's just because I never liked transformers and I like Shia Labeouf even less.
Come to think of it, my dislike of both is probably why I don't like the helmets.

Back