Owning Land And Doing Well!

ClarkKent

Alpha
Society
Rage Of The Ancients
Clark ManOfSteel Kent
I wish I could say I was talking about myself here, but sadly no.

However I was a bit bored so I decided to share some info with you all, take this as a shout out or a congrats, nothing more. Of course some jealously too

So.. a little bit of math and of course using Deathifier as an example - this is what I found!

Last 7 days:
8 Coins on Arkadia gave in about 281,015 PED worth of globals.
Treasure Island (deaths other land) gave in about 50,435 PED worth of globals.
Totalling a Grand total of 331,450

Average tax about 5% = 16,572 PED into his pocket from tax on globals alone
Times 7 days by 4 for a whole month equals grand total of 66,290

that is 6.6k USD a month the players on EU are generating for death!

Now, lets not forget.. those numbers are based on only hunting GLOBALS!!! meaning we can probably punch in another 30% ontop of those numbers to get a more accurate number! lets see..

(with 30% more)
8 coins - 365,319 PED
Treasure Island - 65,565 PED
TOTAL = 430,884 PED
5% Tax in tax money collected.
Its safe to say our VIP of Virtual Universe Business man is bringing home 86176 PED a month!! ($8,617 USD)
(slap on the mining that is done on his land and he is close to 10k USD a month) over 100k a year from a computer game

Of course its not always this good, some months are slower and im sure some are better! but this is the right now.

Well done Death! I bring in that much a month but only when im working 18+ days out on the oil rigs dealing with idiiots and loud mouths.

EDIT: SEE PAGE 5 For Next Weeks Income!

Last edited:
wow..I would be happy with 1/32 or that..lol

Don't forget loot doesn't only come from globals.. add another 50-100%...

Well done Death! I bring in that much a month but only when im working 18+ days out on the oil rigs dealing with idiiots and loud mouths.

I hear you abou the idiots and loud mouths (Newfies hehe)

Don't forget loot doesn't only come from globals.. add another 50-100%...

Yep, I said only hunting globals, not including mining or the non globals.
I added 30% to the total just because non globals can be 1ped to 49 ped.. so 30 is a good average!

But regardless all said and done.

This genious is bringing in 100k a year ;)

I hear you abou the idiots and loud mouths (Newfies hehe)

Hah, you know it bro!
mind you... i cant understand them half the time.

He also owns more land on calypso than just Treasure Island.

I wish I could say I was talking about myself here, but sadly no. :rolleyes:

However I was a bit bored so I decided to share some info with you all, take this as a shout out or a congrats, nothing more. Of course some jealously too :)

So.. a little bit of math and of course using Deathifier as an example - this is what I found!

Last 7 days:
8 Coins on Arkadia gave in about 281,015 PED worth of globals.
Treasure Island (deaths other land) gave in about 50,435 PED worth of globals.
Totalling a Grand total of 331,450

Average tax about 5% = 16,572 PED into his pocket from tax on globals alone
Times 7 days by 4 for a whole month equals grand total of 66,290

that is 6.6k USD a month the players on EU are generating for death! :eyecrazy:

Now, lets not forget.. those numbers are based on only hunting GLOBALS!!! meaning we can probably punch in another 30% ontop of those numbers to get a more accurate number! lets see..

(with 30% more)
8 coins - 365,319 PED
Treasure Island - 65,565 PED
TOTAL = 430,884 PED
5% Tax in tax money collected.
Its safe to say our VIP of Virtual Universe Business man is bringing home 86176 PED a month!! ($8,617 USD)
(slap on the mining that is done on his land and he is close to 10k USD a month) over 100k a year from a computer game ;)

Of course its not always this good, some months are slower and im sure some are better! but this is the right now.

That seems to be a reasonable calculation as to his gross profits. I only wonder if he has costs, like a land area owner does....fertilizer, dna, and whatnot...

That seems to be a reasonable calculation as to his gross profits. I only wonder if he has costs, like a land area owner does....fertilizer, dna, and whatnot...
Good point I did not add his expenses.

He also owns more land on calypso than just Treasure Island.
Guess that answers the expenses? lol

thats why he can hand up 90k peds just like that for a DNA part

um... that 5% on 8coins is MA... not Death...

5% is set by MA ;)

Look at CP or LA49

Let's not forget the egg!

Wait did he buy it or sell it? LOL I forgot! It has been so long since an update on the egg :eyecrazy:

um... that 5% on 8coins is MA... not Death...

5% is set by MA ;)

Look at CP or LA49

I asked Death why 8 coins was 5% just like it is at Sant Cove as well.
Since day one it was MA that put it their (agreed) and has not been updated or changed since.

Its been umm? May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December, January, Feb.. March... Apr...? ALMOST A YEAR

I asked Death why 8 coins was 5% just like it is at Sant Cove as well.
Since day one it was MA that put it their (agreed) and has not been updated or changed since.

Its been umm? May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December, January, Feb.. March... Apr...? ALMOST A YEAR

Even longer for the various LAs on RT that investors / external entities hold.

well, add the rest off his LA´´s into it also, it will all add up :cool:

wish i did have the balls back then to invest something,.. well, i didt have them, Deathi did..

well done m8 :)

Kind of an aside here, there seems to be a vicious cycle going on.

Only the luckiest or highest risk players get the best revenue generating items (e.g. land, most eco guns, etc.)

They become more rich because of this.

When the next opportunity comes around, they are the most able to afford it, e.g. Medusa islands, new planets, Merry Mayhem, etc.

Thus, all the best revenue generating items stay in the hands of the lucky few, and as more become available, they get more and more with absolutely no incentive to sell any of it.

The famous story is that Neverdie took out a mortgage on his house to pay for FOMA. For players today, this wouldn't be enough.

At least when there was rent, there was a slight incentive to sell land rather than sit on it for years. Today, there's no reason at all for a rich person to give up anything. They don't lose anything by holding on to it for years, and from the revenue they generate, they can just keep buying more.

Only the luckiest or highest risk players get the best revenue generating items (e.g. land, most eco guns, etc.)

When the next opportunity comes around, they are the most able to afford it, e.g. Medusa islands, new planets, Merry Mayhem, etc.

Thus, all the best revenue generating items stay in the hands of the lucky few, and as more become available, they get more and more with absolutely no incentive to sell any of it.

The famous story is that Neverdie took out a mortgage on his house to pay for FOMA. For players today, this wouldn't be enough.

At least when there was rent, there was a slight incentive to sell land rather than sit on it for years. Today, there's no reason at all for a rich person to give up anything. They don't lose anything by holding on to it for years, and from the revenue they generate, they can just keep buying more.

true, but if doing well.. no need to give anything up if doing so well.
All the other players make this virtual universe a dream come true for a few certain people.

10k a month.. ugh lol.

They took the risk some years ago and trusted Entropia, since then they get their reward, nothing wrong with that for me, kinda deserved.

Ur calculation seems pretty accurate, that´s for sure a nice amount.
:)

They took the risk some years ago and trusted Entropia, since then they get their reward, nothing wrong with that for me, kinda deserved.

Ur calculation seems pretty accurate, that´s for sure a nice amount.
:)

I agree with that....!

But going forward, MA is biased infavor of the older upper echelon!

and given the state of the universe.... I think this is where they should pay taxes during withdrawal!
As the EU's population/revenue increases MA could lower the tax... or eliminate altogether!

Please don't mix up 2 entirely different things (Eco guns and and being a land/property owner)

2 completely different playing styles, that need completely different approaches.

Good point I did not add his expenses.

Besides having expenses for DNA, fertilizer, etc, he also put up one of the initial large investments in MA. It was a huge risk he took, and it paid off. But even more recently, he put up a large amount of money to help make Arkadia. I have no idea what it would cost to develop/test/host a planet, but I'm guessing millions. If he and the other large investors who made Arkadia a reality are making a percentage of that back every month as ROI, I would say to them: Good on ya.

CLD was/is a very affordable entry into EU investing, scalable to the amount u wish to invest, was/is a great thing for the low ped players imo

I think you mean the people who invest the most and willing to learn this game inside out. They are not lucky, they know what they are doing =)

Besides having expenses for DNA, fertilizer, etc, he also put up one of the initial large investments in MA. It was a huge risk he took, and it paid off. But even more recently, he put up a large amount of money to help make Arkadia. I have no idea what it would cost to develop/test/host a planet, but I'm guessing millions. If he and the other large investors who made Arkadia a reality are making a percentage of that back every month as ROI, I would say to them: Good on ya.

invested while in college to make history as one of largest virtual purchases ever.(treasure island) Always wanted to know what a college student is doing with 26k in the bank!

Anyways yes.. he took the leap and it paid off and been doing amazing ever since. This thread is just a way for everyone to get an idea of his wealth. (for over 10 years.)

Last edited:

With other planets comming there will be me options for other players to invest money and become famous like ND, Death, Forma etc. Look at players who brought motherships if you put the time in and with space growing all the time you can make it a real bussiness.

Deahifier invested in Arkadia studios and they made him a nice LA with nice mobs, It's quite straight forward way of paying dividends for his investment.

CLD was/is a very affordable entry into EU investing, scalable to the amount u wish to invest, was/is a great thing for the low ped players imo

It's a terrible investment, imho. Each CLD supposedly represents 3X3m of land, or 3^2m. 100k ped worth of cld represents 300^2 meters. Not kilometers, mind you, meters. If this was a land area, it would be a square that you could run across in 1.5 minutes on each side (roughly 100m every 30 seconds.)

If this was a land area, it would be 30% of the size of the smallest LA I could think of at the same cost.

I really doubt returns are in the same class as regular land either.

It's a terrible investment, imho. Each CLD supposedly represents 3X3m of land, or 3^2m. 100k ped worth of cld represents 300^2 meters. Not kilometers, mind you, meters. If this was a land area, it would be a square that you could run across in 1.5 minutes on each side (roughly 100m every 30 seconds.)

If this was a land area, it would be 30% of the size of the smallest LA I could think of at the same cost.

True, the return from CLD's is way better in average afaik

The CLD's are a 'sit back' kind of investment. It doesnt take any effort or time at all and what it does is that it add up all land area owners, including Deathifires, revenues.

A land area usually takes a lot more work to get going. You need to decide wether to keep it for mining or hunting. Then you need to actively make sure that mobs spawn (by using fertilizer). To make a LA successfull, Event hosting and promotion isnt such a bad idea. But that also takes time. Heck, it could pretty much become a full time job. At the end of the line, how many rights or wrongs you made on your LA will show in your pocket. If you make your LA a total flop, a CLD owner wouldnt notice. Because if the hunter or miner doesnt spend its cash on your soil, it will most likely be on someone elses soil on calypso. Wich again, goes to the CLD owner :)

invested while in college to make history as one of largest virtual purchases ever.(treasure island) Always wanted to know what a college student is doing with 100k in the bank!

He didn't. If you made any enquiry at all into this, you'd know that his initial purchase of TI cost USD26,500. And even that wasn't his own money, he had the initiative to create a business plan and obtain external funding for the purchase.

You might want to read, for example, the interview that he did with EntropiaPlanets a couple of years ago.

Back