Info: MindForce Theory

Ludvig|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
Admin
MindArk Official
Formerly "Foeburner Nighthawk Delta"
Alright, just wanted to share with you my theory (and quick-made photoshop graphics, woho!) on how you could explain MindForce based on the tiny bit of official info we have :) also hoping for an official comment on it.

General explaination of MindForce use:

Click the picture to view full size.

Using a Metabolic Acceleration chip seems
to support the idea that the energy needed
is extracted from the world.

metabolic.jpg

Mind Essence types:
mes.jpg

Mind Essence
Regular ME seems to be used with chip types that require more precision. Metabolic chips actually change the metabolism of the body for a while, the synchronization chip affects the brain and the teleportation and wormhole chips moves the entire body. A resurrection chip uses Mind Essence since it not only heals the dead body, but also binds the soul back into it.

Synthetic Mind Essence
SME is used for less exact powers. This includes attacks and healing (healing would possibly be more logical if using regular ME, altho I guess that it somehow simply speeds up the natural healing processes and coagulates blood in open wounds so maybe not?).

Perhaps Synthetic ME is less powerful, or at least harder to control, than regular, natural Mind Essence. This would explain why regular ME is still used in the precision powers.

Light Mind Essence
Has less density than the other ME types and will therefore scatter over a larger area easier I guess?

The item infos for Sweat, ME types and Nexus (bolded a couple of in my opinion important parts):

Vibrant Sweat
Vibrant sweat is a container of native Calypso creature life energy force. This EnMatter is one of the parts in making Mind Essence, the energy needed for forming most MindForce powers. Refine it together with Force Nexus to make Mind Essence.

Diluted Sweat
Diluted Sweat is a container of a creature life energy force mush like Vibrant Seat. This is one if the parts for making Light Mind Essence. Refine it together with Force Nexus to make Light Mind Essence.

Force Nexus
The Force Nexus enmatter is, when moulded with Vibrant Sweat, the stabilizer when creating Mind Essence, the energy needed for most Mindforce powers. Refine it together with Vibrant Sweat to make Mind Essence.

Mind Essence
Mind Essence is an energy needed for some Mindforce powers. It is moulded from the Energy Matters Vibrant Sweat and Force Nexus, using a standardized Energy Matter Refiner.

Synthetic Mind Essence
Synthetic Mind Essence is an energy needed for some Mindforce powers.

Light Mind Essence
Light Mind Essence is an energy needed for some Mindforce powers. It is moulded from Diluted Sweat and Force Nexus, using a standardized Energy Matter Refiner.

I may update this thread over time as more information becomes available or as I come up with new theories.

Please post any comments, ideas and suggestions you may have :)

Last edited:
Good theory, I'd come to similar if not the same conclusions if I had had a good look at it all.

However on the point of Synth ME maybe being less precise it could have been engineered in the past after testing with different compositions and found to be a better enhancer/binder with the specific powers.

That conclusion only comes from the assumption that lore-wise Synth ME has existed since pre-Calypso.

Other than that, top-job.

This is the best unofficial history of Mindforce I have ever read and I have thought of it often and wished that MA would have adopted it. It will take you some time to read it, but I think you will be glad that you did.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?92449-Story-Treacherous-Idyll

Another interesting article that ties the Mindforce history that I enjoyed is this one

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?127428-Human-animal-collaboration

Thank you for sharing :) it was quite an enjoyable read.

I wrote a short article about MindForce earlier this year myself, although I feel it is a bit rushed so I am not sure I really like it.

Here is a link: http://www.calypsocitizens.eu/summary-and-comments-on-the-history-and-future-of-mindforce/

Here is an excerpt (first 25% or so of it):
When humanity first arrived on Calypso many years ago, massive funds were already being poured into mind expansion research back on Earth. However, professor Albert Lind quickly discovered that the sweat provided by Calypso’s animals could be used to increase the strength of such mind expansion, allowing users to easier manipulate matter with their mind.

The reason this so called Vibrant Sweat gives such a boost has not yet been scientifically discovered and proven, but the most common theory is that the power lies in the residual life force trapped in the liquid. However, this life force can only be extracted and harnessed efficiently if Force Nexus is used as a catalyst for the energy, meaning the two has to be mixed in order to work.

This research was for a long time conducted only by OmegaTech, who were not eager to share this potentially very profitable information. When the first robot war broke out the human settlements on Calypso were nearly wiped out (see The History of Planet Calypso, chapters To Steal Fire from the Gods and The Robot Uprising). OmegaTech wanted to destroy all records of the research in order to prevent their rival companies access to it and hide potentially damaging data, but professor Lind managed to leak the information on the IPN (InterPlanet Net) before his research camp was overrun by robots and completely destroyed.

Giving this a small bump :yay:

I think it was written somewhere, that the power itself needed for mindforce was from the "vibrant sweat", and that nexus is used to contain the power.

Material: Force Nexus

The Force Nexus enmatter is, when moulded with Vibrant Sweat, the stabilizer when creating Mind Essence, the energy needed for most Mindforce powers.

Material: Vibrant sweat

Vibrant sweat is a container of native Calypso creature life energy force.

http://www.planetcalypso.com/guides/new-arrivals/arriving-on-calypso/vibrant-sweat/

Vibrant Sweat is a life energy substance that can be collected from the wildlife on Calypso.(...) Most wildlife on Calypso have Vibrant Sweat. However it is recommended that new arrivals should concentrate on less aggressive creatures like Exarosaurs, Combibos and Snablesnots to begin with.

Ah, doh! I just saw it was mentioned in the first post. Ah, well.

Last edited:
I think it was written somewhere, that the power itself needed for mindforce was from the "vibrant sweat", and that nexus is used to contain the power.

That is also a possible interpretation, but I prefer to see it as I wrote it :) seems more logical somehow that it would be used that way, but I dont know ^^

Back