PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: accuracy enh

Angry accuracy enh

so ive got this tier 5 weap

while thats my used weap ill make an example out of a maxed sib
    if i add 1, 5, or anything in between, the crit lvl always equals a fraction value of only 1

10/10 is a chance of 1
    if i devide the chances into 20/20
    it is still just a chance of 1

so, why is there even such a thing as a crit enhancer if it never makes any differance?
    learning is good
    understanding is better
    pleas teach with wisdom

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    hijacker Hijacker27 inferno
    Society
    Payn-Inc
    Images
    The way it looks is different than the way it actually is. It's current out of the max, not current divided by the max.

So normally you have a critical hit ability of 10, now with 5 accuracy enhancers its a critical hit ability of 20..

Jan Candydog NL Universe
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    with no enhancers on it you will have, lets say 2% of youre hit's would be crits, so with 5 enhancers it doubles, so you would have about 4% of your hits would be a crit.
    so on 100 shots you would have about 2 crits with no enhancers, and about 4 crits with the 5 enhancers.

Oni
    Society
    Skillin' Villains
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan Universe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    with no enhancers on it you will have, lets say 2% of youre hit's would be crits, so with 5 enhancers it doubles, so you would have about 4% of your hits would be a crit.
    so on 100 shots you would have about 2 crits with no enhancers, and about 4 crits with the 5 enhancers.
    Yeah, I think that's right.

I did a short test recently, when I bought an L gun with one accuracy enhancer on it. I got a couple of thousand shots out of it, crit rate was 2.4% compared to the normal 2.0%.

Jan Candydog NL Universe
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy B View Post
    Yeah, I think that's right.

I did a short test recently, when I bought an L gun with one accuracy enhancer on it. I got a couple of thousand shots out of it, crit rate was 2.4% compared to the normal 2.0%.
    yeah the 2% is about average. some + and some -

so it's up to calemus to do the math, if it's worth using them with break rate and MU.
    Last edited by Jan Universe; 05-12-2012 at 21:49.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    David "Doer" Falkayn
    Society
    Rangers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I know there are other threads about this but this is the most recent. I wanted to evaluate whether Accuracy Enhancers increase my economy (something that has been suggested before), and did a long break test to find that value. I thought i'd share my results.

I put 141 accuracy enhancers I on my imk2. They lasted for 129,400 shots, the vast majority unamped. That's an average of 918 shots per enhancer, quite a bit lower than I expected of the accuracy enhancers from what I had read and heard.

Doing the math, and assuming the 0.4% additional crits per enhancer is correct:
    3.67 additional crits are generated per enhancer
    each crit generated is approximately equivalent to 1.25 extra shots (a crit is 100% damage + random damage between min and max, or on average 0.75 max damage on a maxed weapon)

A shot with unamped imk2 is 15.255 pecs, so each enhancer generates 0.7 PEDs worth of extra damage.

The enhancers have a tt of 0.4 PEDs, so they become "economical" at or below 175% (0.7 PEDs) in this specific case, ignoring the tiny increasing in dps as negligible.

They seem to go for around 200% and my experiences manufacturing them shows I can't do better than that, at least not without a maxed BP. =>

No more accuracy enhancers for me on unamped imk2. I need to repeat test with amp (not in a hurry to manufacture more of these though with current success rate, lol). If the break rate remains the same with an amp, they would be economical at 200%. MA has said the gun damage affects the break rate, although many dispute that, so it's not obvious that the break rate would remain the same with an amp.

Remember, YMMV!
    Last edited by Doer; 06-10-2012 at 22:05. Reason: comment on amped
    Champion of reason, unraveler of MA's mysteries...forever n00ber
    Myth busters: Evade/Defense Skills Weapon damage Armor decay Unlocking Skills Weapon attachments
    Other esoterica: My Story Luck Project Entropia: what's in a name? More bang

Quote Originally Posted by narfi View Post
    Everything but friendships is clutter

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Dave Yarrow Stevens
    Society
    Stevens Family Enterprises
    Images
    I sell mine for 175%

PA Mall shop 11 on floor 1, or Celeste North 6.
    All my PEDs are belong to Mrs Stevens

Stevens Family Enterprises brings you the following shops:
    PA Mall Floor 1 #11, Calypso --- PA Mall Floor 1 #7, Calypso
    Celeste North 6, Arkadia (for sale) --- Hounslow Exchange, Rocktropia

Stanley Miles Stardust
    Society
    Al-Nahar Wanderers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There was this, recently:

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn|MindArk View Post
    Unfortunately it seems that the support representative has provided inaccurate information in the response to this support case.

I can confirm that the consumption rate of enhancers of all types is directly related to the magnitude of the benefit received.

As an example, the consumption rate of damage enhancers attached to weapons is primarily determined by the amount of additional damage created by the attached enhancers.

I will inform the support team about this so that correct information is provided in the future and we apologise for the miscommunication.
    Emphasis mine.

I did a test on the number crits using accuracy enhancers, when they were new, on a Kesmic Slo (I think) and the increase was as expected. The rate of breakage is harder to measure - just because it takes so many attempts to even out - but taking Bjorn's statement at face value, it would be interest to compare an Opallo with IMk2 (for example) to see what kind of range of difference that is.

I did like hearing that very much, though. I found the idea that breakage would be the same across all weapons, for example, to make enhancers useless on anything but uber items, which seems pointless. This variable consumption makes it reasonable to use enhancers in a much wider variety of situations, which is a good thing.

Miles
    "The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function.
    Albert Bartlett

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Daniel Danimal Diep
    Society
    AoE - Agents of Entropy
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    There was this, recently:

Emphasis mine.

I did a test on the number crits using accuracy enhancers, when they were new, on a Kesmic Slo (I think) and the increase was as expected. The rate of breakage is harder to measure - just because it takes so many attempts to even out - but taking Bjorn's statement at face value, it would be interest to compare an Opallo with IMk2 (for example) to see what kind of range of difference that is.

I did like hearing that very much, though. I found the idea that breakage would be the same across all weapons, for example, to make enhancers useless on anything but uber items, which seems pointless. This variable consumption makes it reasonable to use enhancers in a much wider variety of situations, which is a good thing.

Miles
    There is really no need to test this since it was already stated by Bjorn that the magnitude of the increase in item determines if it breaks faster or not..

~Danimal

Laser pee-shooter master L92

Looking for: Corn Sail
    2013 Goals/ Rent my gear/ Juicy June! & FREE Mining Amps

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    David "Doer" Falkayn
    Society
    Rangers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks Miles, that's the comment from support I was referring to.

"Directly related" does not necessarily mean directly proportional. Until we have numbers from weapons of different magnitude and amped/unamped to compare, we really can't generalize.
    Champion of reason, unraveler of MA's mysteries...forever n00ber
    Myth busters: Evade/Defense Skills Weapon damage Armor decay Unlocking Skills Weapon attachments
    Other esoterica: My Story Luck Project Entropia: what's in a name? More bang

Quote Originally Posted by narfi View Post
    Everything but friendships is clutter

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast