Question: Big Depositers: The Reality Poll

Do you Deposit more than 1% of your Real Life Monthly Income?

• Yes

Votes: 103 58.5%
  • No

Votes: 60 34.1%
  • Beacon/Bacon flavored Cookies

Votes: 13 7.4%

• Total voters

narfi

Elite
Society
Lost Renegades
Narfi Hungry Willem
Threads such as,
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ors-lets-start-doing-business-with-each-other

Always bring heated discussion between the 'haves' and the 'have nots'

I thought it might be interesting to put it into perspective.

If you have deposited 1% or more of your average monthly income vote yes.
If you have deposited less than 1% of your average monthly income then vote no.

Note on my definition of averages:
(your total deposits / number of months you have played) divided by (your total wages / number of months you have played) = a number such as 0.025 = a percentage such as 2.5%

Note 2:
Deposits only, this poll does not consider withdrawls as negative deposits, I only want to know your normal monthly habits.

I voted yes. Between my wife and I we deposit between 2-4% of our monthly income.
The deposit amount is fixed, but I work less in the winter so is a higher % of my income during those months.

I withdrawed like 10% of my income in last 6 years

And if we dont count withdrawls i hardly will reach the 1%

Last edited:
I currently do not deposit anymore (since 2010), hence my answer is "No".
In the past however my monthly income was around 500 euro at most (side job next to school) and I've deposited about 50-75% of that during one year, I once even put in 600 euro which is 120% :p

If I combine everything, I'd probably be below 1% (have to note that my withdrawals were always the same as the deposited amount or a tiny bit more.)

Isnt it awesome when OP makes a not please dont descuss a certain topic, and the two first replyes are mainly about that.

I have played for exactly 8years now, and didnt have job the first 5 years.
Did a quick estimate reguardless and ended up at 12.5%.

Hi , im not sure if im tired or i misunderstod something , you surely dont mean 10% of income ?

as 300 peds / month isnt much to play with lately and will just cover the basic play with snables etc

TAC

Most of the time it's over 20% and yet I'm not qualify for that thread :)

Hi , im not sure if im tired or i misunderstod something , you surely dont mean 10% of income ?

I mean 10% of my income in last 6 years, but withdrawed which is easier to enjoy than depositing :rolleyes:

Ofc not 300 ped... 10% of total income, 1000 ped withdrawed for every 1000$ I earned in last 6 years

I mean 10% of my income in last 6 years, but withdrawed which is easier to enjoy than depositing :rolleyes:

Ofc not 300 ped... 10% of total income, 1000 ped withdrawed for every 1000$ I earned in last 6 years

: ) sorry , but ment Narfis question , im tired , must be the hot weather here atm

Depoing a % of your income isnt much , sort of negligable .but in the long run playing smart and not getting carried away too easy means your ped card builds steady but slow , and can be fun

I did build up my ped card with almost daily depoes and mining same time , until i got to a point that i found I had a a good amount , well, for a start anyway

Does income from CLD's count as deposits ?? since its money that would have been withdrawn from the economy before CLD's where introduced ?

I depo 35 euro's a month
I make 2700 euro's a month after taxes. so that's a yes. (Living in Holland means you pay a lot of tax.. but we're all rich as a result , or all poor because we gave 4 billion to Greece just now)

Does income from CLD's count as deposits ?? since its money that would have been withdrawn from the economy before CLD's where introduced ?

Nope, only RL money deposited into the game from your RL financial institutions.

Stop making me work out percentages of stuff that I spend my wages on :laugh:

I heard that math will prevent space maddness much like fresh food prevented scurvy back on earths sailing ships.

Last edited:
Haven't deposited one ferkin cent to these guys.
:)

Tippin'

Yes :yup: ........

I answered no for 2 reasons: 1) I played quite a while on a shoestring budget back my early PE days and took several long breaks where I didn't deposit at all; and 2) because I never really think about my income as being different than our income (wife and I). Since the wife doesn't play EU, I guess that's reasonable, but if you wanted a "pure" number, then perhaps I should have answered yes....

1% makes you a big depositor? If you make $5000/month that's only $50...

during the boom years at good $300 - $500 a month I think I'd say a good 25% of salary back then.

Well over $6,100 deposit for deeds in the last year (61,000 peds) + depo fees. That doesn't include monthly gaming peds.

Deposited $2,500 (25,000 peds) for a mothership, but then bids went to 80,000 peds, so I took that money back out.

Made a few fairly big deposits buying items over the years, that I either no longer own, or are drastically reduced in value.

I'd hate to think how much I pumped in, what's gone is gone. I had years of enjoyment for my peds, at times i felt is was far too expensive to play (and had moments of anger about it all), but many happy memories too.

Very hard these days, new life, new women, new family, massive mortgage, no pay rise for good 4 years. Money is hard to come by...so I pushed the boat out to buy deeds, hoping that ingame might be less expensive long term.

I don't regret the past, or any of lifes choices.

Rick

Depoed about 6K USD while working part time during school for a few years, so probably 15-25% of my income was spent on deposits.

well, you people here really know how to take care of money earned IRL

I depo all my money after cigarettes and bank rate and bills Tha's about 50% of my income, hell, and you calll someone that depoed above 1% depositor:)

1% for me it's like 9 USD:) and I sometimes depo 300 USD a month

While I was still a depositor (which I haven't been for four years) then yes I was depositing way more than 1% and I've no doubt we've got a lot of people depositing more than 10% - 20%.

Is that before Tax or after Tax ?

I've no doubt we've got a lot of people depositing more than 10% - 20%.

Yeah I was thinking 1% isnt really a "big Depositor" in my eyes. Would be interesting to find out what the average percentage is.

Last edited:
1% is quite small, if a person earns $1000 a month then 1% is only $10.

$10 is the amount I started depositing into EU which within the year had grown to depositing $100 / month.

Another year of $50 - $100 / month which I felt was too much for a game where my progress had stalled and I stopped depositing altogether.

1% makes you a big depositor? If you make $5000/month that's only $50...

No, it doesn't make you a big depositor, and I did not mean to imply that it did, I just wanted to let people think about it a little.

If you make 1k a month thats only $10 deposited monthly. (there are players here who make much less working full time)
If you make 5k a month thats only $50 deposited monthly.
If you make 20k a month thats $200 deposited monthly.

Some people on this forum think that you are a worthless leach unless you deposit over $100 a month. But at the same time that $100 a month would be less than 1/2 of a percent of their own income.

I just wanted to demonstrate the hypocrisy of measuring someones value or dedication to this game by the actual amount that they deposit.

Not only is $10 from a low wage or student/part time worker equal to that of $200 of the high end example, it is in fact more because of certain 'fixed expenses' regardless of your income.

Fuel to get to work cost the same no matter how much you make and is a significant cost these days.
Insurance for your vehicles while more for the more expensive cars is still has a base cost that favors the higher end income.
Electricity consumed between the two will be 20x as much by the higher end income even in a much larger house with more toys.
etc........

If you make 20k a month and after bills etc... you still have 15k left over to do what you want with, by all means put it in entertainment even put it in EU, that is your choice and nothing wrong with that.

If you make $1000 a month while trying to support your family but love the game so much you put in $10 every 2 months, this may put a significant financial burden on your family and shows more dedication to the game than the guy putting in 15k.

Is one better than the other? No.
Should one discriminate against the other? No.

1% is not a 'Big Depositor' it is just a mark to make you think about others circumstances and compare them to your own before making unjust comparisons or even insulting.

To some extent our monthly wages are affected by genetics (your parents social and financial status, your education because of that, your inherited looks and intelligence, etc...,) It is also affected by your ethics and willingness to work for the future both in school and the workplace, by your ability to budget early in life so you can do well later, and also in part by luck which determines what jobs you do get even with your set of skills education and experience.

Everyone is here because they love the game, in that we are the same.

gl and have fun :)

narfi

Thats why I find it strange that people are against making the EU more accessible to lower depositors :scratch2:

If people get more fun from less deposited cash more people will play and everyone will need to deposit less for the same entertainment. It seems to be more of a argument to keep people "in their place" rather than make EU more successful.

No, it doesn't make you a big depositor, and I did not mean to imply that it did, I just wanted to let people think about it a little.

If you make 1k a month thats only $10 deposited monthly. (there are players here who make much less working full time)
If you make 5k a month thats only $50 deposited monthly.
If you make 20k a month thats $200 deposited monthly.

Some people on this forum think that you are a worthless leach unless you deposit over $100 a month. But at the same time that $100 a month would be less than 1/2 of a percent of their own income.

I just wanted to demonstrate the hypocrisy of measuring someones value or dedication to this game by the actual amount that they deposit.

Not only is $10 from a low wage or student/part time worker equal to that of $200 of the high end example, it is in fact more because of certain 'fixed expenses' regardless of your income.

Fuel to get to work cost the same no matter how much you make and is a significant cost these days.
Insurance for your vehicles while more for the more expensive cars is still has a base cost that favors the higher end income.
Electricity consumed between the two will be 20x as much by the higher end income even in a much larger house with more toys.
etc........

If you make 20k a month and after bills etc... you still have 15k left over to do what you want with, by all means put it in entertainment even put it in EU, that is your choice and nothing wrong with that.

If you make $1000 a month while trying to support your family but love the game so much you put in $10 every 2 months, this may put a significant financial burden on your family and shows more dedication to the game than the guy putting in 15k.

Is one better than the other? No.
Should one discriminate against the other? No.

1% is not a 'Big Depositor' it is just a mark to make you think about others circumstances and compare them to your own before making unjust comparisons or even insulting.

To some extent our monthly wages are affected by genetics (your parents social and financial status, your education because of that, your inherited looks and intelligence, etc...,) It is also affected by your ethics and willingness to work for the future both in school and the workplace, by your ability to budget early in life so you can do well later, and also in part by luck which determines what jobs you do get even with your set of skills education and experience.

Everyone is here because they love the game, in that we are the same.

gl and have fun :)

narfi
Dude I can't +rep you more for this, well said!!

Don't forget also that we have players from the whole world, there are plenty of people whose income is above the average in their countries, who don't struggle to survive, have good work and well fed families, and yet 1% of whose income is way less than EU's minimal deposit. Look, this chart make half of the Europe alone "unworthy" of this game in some eyes. Isn't there a word for that, which I won't use to not break rule 2.2?

+rep, man.

Don't forget also that we have players from the whole world, there are plenty of people whose income is above the average in their countries, who don't struggle to survive, have good work and well fed families, and yet 1% of whose income is way less than EU's minimal deposit..

Yeah, I tried to cover that with this line,

(there are players here who make much less working full time)

but maybe I wasn't clear enough :)

Back