Client crashing while downloading PP content

sdragonfire

Alpha
alot of us can't get in, if you find work around please post!:wise:

sofar crashes on rocktropia, hell n caly update downloads, trying ark ones now.

UPDATE!:
Trying new route, deleted entire EU folder n redownloading everything from scratch, i'll keep you posted on progress! I have fast net no worries =)

Might be an issue with xp sp3 users for some unknown reason, except someone in update thread claimed to have everything run smooth on XP.

Didn't work =(

So it seems to be running fine on a lappy with win7 x64 I got access to, but still nogo on the xp machine =(.
But heres what i'm thinking, what if i copy the game dir from lappy to xp machine that should work yes?

OMG im finally in, but this work around isnt available for all cuz you need to have access to a pc/lappy running win 7 or 8. Just copy it over from the win7/8 machine to the XP machine and voila! Wonder what happens NEXT update tho, will this need to be done again? =o

Maybe someone with a working copy n fast upstream could start a torrent to get resta the XP ppl in game for treasure finding

Last edited:
My old backup comp with XP can't download it either. No problem on newer Win 7 comp.

Same Problem here. stops at 293 of 343 MB without error Message.

new route

UPDATE!:
Trying new route, deleted entire EU folder n redownloading everything from scratch, i'll keep you posted on progress! I have fast net no worries =)

same for me as well. using xp pro. d/l almost complete then, boom client shuts down. :eyecrazy:

Sp3 here also, tried updating nvidea drivers to latest but still same issue.

error report

OS = Windows XP
Memory = 3328
Graphics adapter = Nvidea geforce 9600 GT
Graphics adapter driver version = 4.14.13.142
Exception address = 4673595
version = 12.6.3.97283

then tries updating again

Last edited:
I don't think it will as you still have to download the same updates.

UPDATE!:

lol, seems like a bit of an extreme route. ;)

I think I can wait for MA to fix it...lol

Win XP x64 SP2 here and it's working fine after several attempts at the download, Deleting the contents of <systemdrive>\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temp\entropia seemed to help (it's a hidden directory so you'll need to turn on viewing of them)

im lil over half done the total redownload, if thats doesnt work then idk:scratch2:

You didn't delete the files ?
You are doing a fresh install ?

Because I've deleted all files that I could (except loader and problems started)

And your connection is fast, it will take over 2 hours to download a minimum of 5 Gb to make my game work again.

So it seems to be running fine on a lappy with win7 x64 I got access to, but still nogo on the xp machine =(.
But heres what i'm thinking, what if i copy the game dir from lappy to xp machine that should work yes?

tried everything , deleted temp files , rebooting , crashes half way through downloading caly what ever I do , I am reluctant to try a reinstall for a number of reasons :-

1, It is 5 gig and will run me close to my download limit

2, might end up in the same situation even then

anyone else found a fix yet ?

:yay::yay:OMG im finally in, but this work around isnt available for all cuz you need to have access to a pc/lappy running win 7 or 8. Just copy it over from the win7/8 machine to the XP machine and voila! Wonder what happens NEXT update tho, will this need to be done again? =o

Maybe someone with a working copy n fast upstream could start a torrent to get resta the XP ppl in game for treasure finding ;)

Crash

Uninstalled Entropia, did a complete defrag, ran eusing free registery, and cleanup.
Started a new install. After 3 1/2 hours and less than 2K to go it crashed on me.
For the first time I was in the right place and time to maybe be the first to find something and it doesn't look like I will be getting on line at all today, and have to work tomorrow=(

It's a great life if you don't weaken=)

this Copy works to me - but now i cant change to window mode to my Resolution i have in full screen:
Full Screen 1680x1024
window mode only 1600x900

Is there any posibility to expand the selection in grafics settings?

regards Ti

MA - Please fix this client crash, we are lose our time and nerves... All day i cant login into game...

Thanks

Mine crashes to, on the ark download..gets to 90% than client closes:(:mad:

"... affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable..."

prophetic words, not enjoyable indeed! :lolup:

Win XP x64 SP2 here and it's working fine after several attempts at the download, Deleting the contents of <systemdrive>\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temp\entropia seemed to help (it's a hidden directory so you'll need to turn on viewing of them)
interesting, will try that one

dang, first try failed
also second try... seems it doesnt work 4 me :(

Last edited:
Help

Im on xp sp3,
92% then crashes when doing update.

MA Please help......

sort the update as im suppose to meet my society :m8s :(

:mad:

still trying to get any of the downloads to work..I just tried the repair game thing seeing if that might do something

so you chaps saying i shouldnt bother with the update then? deletion/reinstall not an option for me on download limit and on principle.

so you chaps saying i shouldnt bother with the update then? deletion/reinstall not an option for me on download limit and on principle.

Might as well wait, tell the get a fix out

Back