Regen, Health and Stamina

Yeah, it would be a disaster if stamina worked the same way for mob regen. :eyecrazy: Stamina already is tied to mobs in a different way so that would be a silly thing to have happen.

Very nice work Doer :) looks good to me. I think most all would agree that a regen boost would be a natural fit/use for stamina (other being maybe a dash function). One contribution I could make to the discussion would be the possibilty of creating 2 such formulas.. 1 for 9 stamina and 1 for 1 stamina avatars (I'm thinking of the 2 difft formulas used between L and UL armrs used here). That way, no fuss made about any distinct advantages as the 2 formulas would create same end result, and everyone can keep their shiny attributes in place :yay:

Thanks 008. I would prefer to have a single function and everyone on the same page, but this same function could be applied to both groups equally by subtracting 8 from the stamina before calculating the logarithm for old avatars. This just seems like a great chance for repeated bugs creeping in, though: "VU known problems: new avatars will find they have minimal regen due to a mix-up in the database." Better to start with things tidy and all on the same function, I think.

While we are on the topic of uses for attributes, I would like to neatly tuck my simple idea for a use of Int attribute in here:

Int attribute - can give avatars the ability to carry more items over the current 200 limit.
I think its a good fit and we have so many vehicles/boxes nowadays that offer more item strg anyway it would be an easy bonus I feel. We do have so many more items in game nowadays than ever before and in some places the sheer amount of items you can loot in a single hunt can be cumbersome at times (Im looking at you NI papoo lol)

008 :cool:

That would be a useful perk, for sure. As I was preparing the OP it occurred to me that there aren't any perks benefitting crafters, colorers, captains and fappers, and that it would seem best to give the perks in ways that benefit the professions that increase the Attributes. Intelligence is increased by manufacturing, healing, mindforce, scanning, coloring/texturing, mining/treasure hunting, taming, and captaining. Perhaps increased item counts would benefit some of these, but for many like tamers, healers, investigators it doesn't really directly help in their professions. Intelligence and Psyche give half as much health as Agility (and 1/4 as much as Strength), so there's no reason they couldn't have better or more perks. In addition to item count, Intelligence could give a small chance for a "finesse" event, like a "critical", for an additional few % points heal on a use of a FAP, depth or range with a finder, or a skillgain bonus. Perhaps these "finesse points" could be accumulated and dispensed at will. That way, manufacturers could have a temporary skill boost to manufacture something above their level, colorers could click a color above their skill, captains could evade above their level. Psyche could similarly generate rare "focus" events that reduce reload or magnitude of effect with a chip. But anyway, this thread is about Stamina, the most-neglected Attribute. :laugh:

Last edited:
BUMP my free labor for MA design team. :p

We've seen some really nice improvements to EU over the last few months. Maybe it's time to give our stamina a role?

We've seen some really nice improvements to EU over the last few months. Maybe it's time to give our stamina a role?

Besides contributing to HP.

But aye, this is a nerf that really bothers me. There's no clear reason "Why the nerf was introduced", besides MA wanting more money. Much like clothes/armor decay.:broke:

By the way, how much would someone with 350 HP and 50 stamina regen with the proposed system?
Edit: I found a calculator; 10.66.

Sigh. Really? Regen nanobots? You're really going to make us pay for what you took away?

Sigh. Really? Regen nanobots? You're really going to make us pay for what you took away?

They'll make us pay for everything ... wait until you pay 1 pec per character in the chat window with enter being the confirmation button :laugh:

It is nice that someone makes the effort to propose such things to MA, but we all know they don't listen or implement an idea in a totally other manner than what we suggest). They are not people minded, sorry to say that but it is true.

Aside from that I still love this game, but not MA and where they are going with their efforts in the game in terms of RCE versus pure gaming. More RCE plz, more virtual life ... less more of the same gameplay.

I really don't understand why your idea wasn't implemented. It just makes long term financial sense for MA - the whole hook of this game, and why we play so long, is that gaining skills really makes a difference (moreso than in any other game I think I've played). So giving another goal for people to gain as much as possible in is surely beneficial to MA.

If MA will ever do someting like this I 'll shave out my tactical beard :p

Argh that is really aggravating. New signature for me. Anyone else who feels strongly about it is invited to do the same.

BTW 008 discovered that mob regen is of two types: normal regen mobs that gain a certain fixed amount of hp every tick, and fast regen mobs that gain a certain % of their total max HP every tick. (Which makes it a lot easier to calculate the regen values for the different mobs of the latter kind. You measure for one maturity and you can calculate for the rest because hp is known.) This represents the two kinds of regen avatars have had. So, basically, MA took away our fast regen and gave it to some of the mobs.

And now they're allowing us to buy back better regen temporarily. Whee.

Last edited:
Give us back our %-based regen to match the new heal %-based FAP stat. Also base it on stamina or otherwise give stamina a perk. Please. :(

**** ETA: Because avatars used to start with 9 Stamina instead of 1, this proposal presents some balancing issues in that it is difficult to design the function in a way that gives regular progress for increasing Health and Stamina without creating a huge gap between early avatars and newer avatars. There are several ways to address these issues and, in my opinion, any of those proposed is better than the present system, which gives little to no reward for increasing Health and Stamina

You forgot the issue that the stamina gains from missions also have changed during the years.

I'm one of those that had 9 stamina to begin with (which, imho Always should had been 9 as ~90 is the initial HP) and then got +1 stamina from sweat camp mission (and yet one more from eomon missions). However, I would guess I'm about 5 stamina Points "back" from those who were (practically) able to finish some relatively easy other missions; for instance two missions on RT (that got nerfed), one mission on NI (that got wrecked halfways for me), and stamina gains from mobs like Argonaut and Daikiba (and foul?). (I guess I still have one stamina Point availible from longteeth, but not from steelbirds.)

In that Point of view it would be nice if there was some alternative way to gain stamina Points. (Other attributes, like agility and strength, also grows naturally).

Please, keep the benefit of Stamina to a minimum until I get my starting points.

Read the proposal: the "starting points" was very carefully addressed. As for gaining sta like every other attribute (instead of exclusively missions, most of which are still available), i think you'll find that an unpopular suggestion and in any case would make this particular perk proposal untenable because there would be no effective ceiling. Actually, basing it exclusively on mission rewards is one of the few ways of allowing for gains through effort while limiting the advantage attainable by ubers.

Read the proposal: the "starting points" was very carefully addressed. As for gaining sta like every other attribute (instead of exclusively missions, most of which are still available), i think you'll find that an unpopular suggestion and in any case would make this particular perk proposal untenable because there would be no effective ceiling. Actually, basing it exclusively on mission rewards is one of the few ways of allowing for gains through effort while limiting the advantage attainable by ubers.

Sorry for not reading the thread thoroughly, however, I think stamina should have a much greater effect than it does presently. As doer notes, at least its an attribute that is largely rewarded for time played and activity, not sitting in an acid pool or a spawn of igni with a mod fap. And kudos to doer for noting how regen of health has been nerfed over the years; these small facts (but important facts) are often overlooked.

You forgot the issue that the stamina gains from missions also have changed during the years.

I'm one of those that had 9 stamina to begin with (which, imho Always should had been 9 as ~90 is the initial HP) and then got +1 stamina from sweat camp mission (and yet one more from eomon missions). However, I would guess I'm about 5 stamina Points "back" from those who were (practically) able to finish some relatively easy other missions; for instance two missions on RT (that got nerfed), one mission on NI (that got wrecked halfways for me), and stamina gains from mobs like Argonaut and Daikiba (and foul?). (I guess I still have one stamina Point availible from longteeth, but not from steelbirds.)

In that Point of view it would be nice if there was some alternative way to gain stamina Points. (Other attributes, like agility and strength, also grows naturally).

Frankly, I think if you're an older player and were active and took advantage of missions that were available you deserve the advantage. They also announced the big change and there was time to grab the easier stamina before it changed.

And yeah they should give more reward for stamina, it's not easy to get.

Frankly, I think if you're an older player and were active and took advantage of missions that were available you deserve the advantage.

My philosofy back in the normal Days of iron missions, was that I would continue hunting the mobs I Always hunted, and my favorite mob back then wasn't in any iron mission chain. Well, for different reasons then: Most of the mobs I got bored trying to hunt after an hour because of bad spawn (argonaut, foul); in other cases because I don't like to hunt regen mobs (atrox, aurli, kreltin etc). In case of merps well I didn't have any (repairable) rocket launcher so I could deploy that tactics.

As for older, I've been some time ingame, but the gear I have is not proportional what most people who've been ingame that long has. I don't have any foeripper to finish off tons of mobs in zero time.

When the change was announced it was fair enough, just if you spend your daytime with your occupation and you mainly have a few hours of playing during the evenings it doesn't cut it to finish 10k mission chains. The 2 week of special spawns was good, but again you don't finish a 10k mission chain a few hours/day that way. If there had been a decent spawn, I might have had a chance to finish either daikiba or argonaut, and Foul in time. (The spawn on TI got better after the iron missions had changed.)

Then there were the stamina gaining missions that were cut off either with less than 24 hour notice (Police mission? on Rocktropia), or with no (global) announcement they would be cut off (Next Island), or that they even existed (Catscapades). This was 3 stamina Points "lost" that way.

Last edited:
My philosofy back in the normal Days of iron missions, was that I would continue hunting the mobs I Always hunted, and my favorite mob back then wasn't in any iron mission chain. Well, for different reasons then: Most of the mobs I got bored trying to hunt after an hour because of bad spawn (argonaut, foul); in other cases because I don't like to hunt regen mobs (atrox, aurli, kreltin etc). In case of merps well I didn't have any (repairable) rocket launcher so I could deploy that tactics.

As for older, I've been some time ingame, but the gear I have is not proportional what most people who've been ingame that long has. I don't have any foeripper to finish off tons of mobs in zero time.

When the change was announced it was fair enough, just if you spend your daytime with your occupation and you mainly have a few hours of playing during the evenings it doesn't cut it to finish 10k mission chains. The 2 week of special spawns was good, but again you don't finish a 10k mission chain a few hours/day that way. If there had been a decent spawn, I might have had a chance to finish either daikiba or argonaut, and Foul in time. (The spawn on TI got better after the iron missions had changed.)

Then there were the stamina gaining missions that were cut off either with less than 24 hour notice (Police mission? on Rocktropia), or with no (global) announcement they would be cut off (Next Island), or that they even existed (Catscapades). This was 3 stamina Points "lost" that way.

Surely by now you've learnt that Entropia is all about being in the right place at the right time? Life's not fair - you take a gamble and a risk and sometimes it pays off. Risk collecting shadow parts when everyone was TTing them for cash in 2002. Risk your reputation by trapping spiders for an adj mk5. Be Romanian, pretend you're a girl and trick MA into giving you a mod merc... Risk spending all your hours grinding iron challenges immediately for their rewards - risking the chance that they might rise or fall later.

I have to ask - you say you don't like regen mobs, if the rewards for the ICs were the same now... would you be doing them?

Timeless suggestions are timeless.

If MA find this thing be able to get more money of the gameplay and if this thing are a "nerfs" they'll be happy to put it in the game, because they have some strange penchant for all that what is called nerfs.:wise:

Back