PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    In the Refrigerator, Behind the Mayonnaise, Next to the Ketchup, and to the Left of the Cole Slaw
    Bare BareBones Bones
    Society
    Skillin Villains
    Images

NeoPsion 55 decay results

This was a very limited test , but I tested the results several times over on each test to verify my findings.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    First test

Chip - First Gen Electro VII Chip

Implant - NeoPsion 55 Implant

Chip decay - 4.019 pec

Implant decay - 0.081 pec ( pre VU 12.7 decay is stated @ .577 pec on entropedia)

4.019 + 0.081 = 4.10 pec decay per shot , which is the decay stated in entropedia for this chip without implant.

Summary - 2% implant reduction for this chip would be 0.081 pec per shot , which means the NeoPsion 55 negates the previous stated implant decay.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second test

This test has been edited out of the thread , as you will read further on that I failed to see that the TT implant only has 21.99 TT value which skewed my results terribly.

Summary - Dont post test results while sleep deprived

I have found that different chips will give different implant decay numbers , I will post numbers for some of my other chips at a later date if time permits.

Bones
    Last edited by Bones; 06-21-2012 at 18:05. Reason: Test results were incorrect
    Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
    11 October 1884 7 November 1962

MindArk Official
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Formerly "Foeburner Nighthawk Delta"
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Shouldn't the implant decay be the same no matter which implant, if the same chip is used?
    Community liaison in charge of player-developer communications.
    If you have feedback or questions, please make a thread about it.

I do not handle support issues and will generally not answer forum private messages.
    This account was made official on June 15th, 2016. Posts from before this date are not official.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Adrian Adi Martis
    Society
    Agents of Entropy
    Images
    I agree with Nighthawk.

Higher implants only allows you to use higher level chips, or?
    Adi's Healing Service - Improved Omegaton Fast Aid Pack
    Add Adrian Adi Martis on FL from Player Register for later use

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Ben Rumsponge Rumson
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shouldn't the implant decay be the same no matter which implant, if the same chip is used?
    Should it? I guess more testing is needed. I'm curious how this effects various levels of TP chips.
    Disgusted since 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by sitram View Post
    I agree with Nighthawk.

Higher implants only allows you to use higher level chips, or?
    no that is no longer the case

Mindforce Update & Rebalance
    Mindforce Implants now have a new parameter - Implant Deterioration - which determines the percentage of Mindforce Chip decay that is absorbed by the Mindforce Implant. The former static decay amount for Mindforce Implants has been removed.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Falagor Falagor Frostmaster
    Society
    NBK Rangers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bones View Post
    This was a very limited test , but I tested the results several times over on each test to verify my findings.

First test

Implant - NeoPsion 55 Implant

Chip decay - 4.019 pec

Implant decay - 0.081 pec ( pre VU 12.7 decay is stated @ .577 pec on entropedia)

4.019 + 0.081 = 4.10 pec decay per shot , which is the decay stated in entropedia for this chip without implant.

Summary - 2% implant reduction for this chip would be 0.081 pec per shot , which means the NeoPsion 55 negates the previous stated implant decay.

Second test

Implant - NeoPsion 10 Implant (TT implant)

Chip decay - 4.019 pec

Implant decay - 1.081 pec ( pre VU 12.7 decay is stated @ .457 pec on entropedia)

4.019 + 1.081 = 5.090 pec decay per shot

Summary - NeoPsion 10 Implant gives a 136.5% implant decay increase to previous entropedia implant decay numbers , even after the 2% implant to chip reduction.

I have found that different chips will give different implant decay numbers , I will post numbers for some of my other chips at a later date if time permits.

Bones
    If your test is right (i mean you did everything ok) then it seems that the Neopsion 10 has wrong 1pec extra decay (that should not be there). After this update each implant should decay exactly the same amount if used with same chip. All implants have 2% absorbtion.

Falagor

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Lunchbox View Post

Mindforce Implants now have a new parameter - Implant Deterioration - which determines the percentage of Mindforce Chip decay that is absorbed by the Mindforce Implant. The former static decay amount for Mindforce Implants has been removed.
    Thing is all the implants show the same - Implant Deterioration - , all show 2%.

So i figured same thing all would have same decay, but bigger implants allowing better chips to be used.

Probably a mistake in item descriptions, or could be error in implimentation of new system .

Does look a hefty difference though

Silvia Knoopje Universe
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Falagor View Post
    If your test is right (i mean you did everything ok) then it seems that the Neopsion 10 has wrong 1pec extra decay (that should not be there). After this update each implant should decay exactly the same amount if used with same chip. All implants have 2% absorbtion.

Falagor
    This is true each implant should decay excaclty the same ammount if used with same chip, at least my tests came out the same.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Xaph
    Society
    Antipodean Army
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
    Thing is all the implants show the same
    - Implant Deterioration - all show 2%. bigger implants allowing better chips to be used.
    Does look a hefty difference though
    Interesting observation...
    C:\Users\Dad\Pictures\Animated signature - Xaph ( final rendering with embed codes ).gif

Silvia Knoopje Universe
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Lunchbox View Post

Ofc that is still the case, the higher your level in MF profession the higher lvl chips U can use, meaning you would need a bigger implant to use the chip, nothing has changed about that.
    However the only difference now is that all implants decay the same 2% of the used chip.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast