Mid to top end Armour and weapon prices

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
I've been wondering about this for some time i.e. what the price of mid range to top end armour and weapons is likely to be in the not so distant future.

Considering price is mostly controlled by MA as they control drop rates and stats of items, the question then is where they want prices to be?

If MA are really gearing up for a mass expansion of the player base, what would they want prices to be at?

Bear in mind we now have multiple planets. Any of which could release items with remarkable stats. These would obviously have an impact on existing prices. If calypso the sensible PP can release modified shadow then it shows to me we are likely to have even better item drops from other PP's who are not doing so well.

Anyway how about a scenario like this:

Armour
Angel - 10k-12K full set
Protector of empire - 12k-16k full set
Chronicle - 16k - 20k full set
Supremacy - 20k - 50k full set

Weapons
Modified merc - 50k -70k

What we have to bear in mind is MindArk are unlikely to have a sudden change but more likely to have a gradual change. A gradual change would be least upsetting to existing players. To me it seems we are gradually heading towards the above scenario.

Would mod merc still be king of weapons? or will it be trumped by something else a new type of weapon? Perhaps the release of modified shadow is a precursor to bigger changes ahead...

Interesting. Subscribing.

Interesting topic: it certainly seems prices are still on a downward trend - yesterday being a prime example - 'improved angel female thigh' going for +3500, when the 'standard female angel thigh' has sold for +4000 in the previous 12 months.

I like the general idea of a drop in prices on certain items. However, the "problem" will always be that in a game where you can pay money to become "better", there will always be people willing and able, to pay high amounts of money for high-end armors and weapons, such as angel/shadow/supremacy/mm/imk2 etc etc.

Having that in mind, prices will remain at the level where enough people with enough money can pay what the sellers are asking for.
For example. Prices have dropped A lot during the last years. When EU had it's best days. Prices were insane, up to the point where you had to be filthy rich to be able to buy the best items. Prices, have since then, dropped quite a bit which is a good thing, but they will always remain at what people are willing to pay for them.

And as you pointed out, it's really MA that decides where these prices should be at. IF they were to drop another 10 sets of shadow and angel, prices would either drop a lot. Or, the wealthiest players in game would buy all the sets and push prices up again. But since that won't happened, one can only speculate :)

Great thread!

Edit: Another thing i just thought of, is the fact that MA has sort of painted themselves into a corner regarding high-end items.
We all know that MA receives their main income ingame from decay. The problem here is that alot of items in game are designed to generate very little decay, modfap/imk2 etc. So releasing more of this kind of items mean that MA will generate less profit and in the end, someone will sell one of these and cash out.

Another problem is the fact that players are in general getting more and more skilled. Which means that they get more hp, hunt more effective and so on. The trend with "fappers" are very high and since most fappers use either imp/mod-fap. The decay MA is receiving is very low. When players get more hp, they can use alot of cheap armors like gremlin which is cheap to repair and still hunt big creatures like eomons etc. Now, i know that this is not a general thing and not everyone is doing it. But the problem still remains. There will come a time when more and more players are able to do this which means that MA will generate less income from decay, because everyone is hunting less expensive. So in the long run, it means that it's getting harder and harder to interest people in a game that basically says "You either have to spend ALOT of time in game and/or pay A LOT of money to get good items". It's hard to attract new players with that kind of mentality

End of long post! :)

Last edited:
I cant belive that people still think that MA ONLY makes money from decay and that they would get less income from imp/mod stuff uses, MA is like any other buissness, they get x amount in and takes y% from that as their icome for costs no matter what items we use, it has nothing to do with decay.

I don't think volume of skilled players is a problem for MA

I think that the more people who are in fact doing okay in EU will be a powerful driver to have more and more people come to PLAY the game, and they will be starting at the weaker end of the table.

And I think a larger volume of average players (even if they have lower return per person) is a better business model for MA than a smaller pool of massively wealthy players.

I think that the more people who are in fact doing okay in EU will be a powerful driver to have more and more people come to PLAY the game, and they will be starting at the weaker end of the table.

And I think a larger volume of average players (even if they have lower return per person) is a better business model for MA than a smaller pool of massively wealthy players.

Your not wrong !
Heaps of mids will expend more than a nub to a point.
Above mids they will expend a higher damage/lower skill gain....

I think George's prices are even too high...Why bother to buy gear for thousands of dollars when all they do is make u loose more peds faster? :woot: I would pay that kind of prices if a knew i way to profit with them, but i dont know how :dunno: Ill much rather go with a SIB gun than MM thats for sure!

I think George's prices are even too high...Why bother to buy gear for thousands of dollars when all they do is make u loose more peds faster? :woot: I would pay that kind of prices if a knew i way to profit with them, but i dont know how :dunno: Ill much rather go with a SIB gun than MM thats for sure!

^wtf. This makes little sense to me.

^wtf. This makes little sense to me.

he's questioning the value of unlimited armour since limited armour is always more efficient. So why pay considerably more for something that is less efficient? Which is a fair argument.

(note there are other factors to consider as well e.g. availability of L armour)

On that note i would have thought the next wave of "uber" armor would be UL armor with (L) armor durability. That hasn't yet materialized, but it would be the imk2/mod fap of armors.

What we'll see with an influx of players and more armor / weapon options is a more competitive mid-ground bringing mid level gear lower or pushing up top gear relative to it because people will have multiple options. In the past, there was only one armor/weapon/fap per niche, really, so you either sucked it up and bought it from whomever was selling at the price they asked or gave up on the upgrade.

Matching expansion / expected expansion to armor drops and availability is not very easy imho, after all, there is plenty of Shogun / Gremlin / Vigilante around. The improved armor drops and more angel seem to more about increasing the availablity for people already in game, who already have been using gremlin/ghost as their best armor for a while and want to upgrade.

If they were preparing for big expansion, I think there would have been nemesis and bear / boar UL on offer from last robot war, not just Tiger(L)/Eon(L)/PoTE.

he's questioning the value of unlimited armour since limited armour is always more efficient. So why pay considerably more for something that is less efficient? Which is a fair argument.

(note there are other factors to consider as well e.g. availability of L armour)

Same with the guns... Why get a high dps/big turnover gun for hundreds of thousand when the only thing it will do is to make you lose. And lose faster then the lower dps eco guns.

Same with the guns... Why get a high dps/big turnover gun for hundreds of thousand when the only thing it will do is to make you lose. And lose faster then the lower dps eco guns.

To turnover faster for more profit/h. However if you lose at lower dps don't fall into the trap that thinking this will help. The item is only to increase the profit from playing smart and there is not just one way to do that :)

To turnover faster for more profit/h. However if you lose at lower dps don't fall into the trap that thinking this will help. The item is only to increase the profit from playing smart and there is not just one way to do that :)

Looking at the price of uber gear im not so sure about that constant profit... If it was as easy as before the price would still be high

Looking at the price of uber gear im not so sure about that constant profit... If it was as easy as before the price would still be high

MU on all that is looted went down. The profit also went down and then gear price follows. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Armour
Angel - 10k-12K full set

Weapons
Modified merc - 50k -70k
ye dream of it ...

I better cut my balls OFF then sell PotE at that price!!!

MU on all that is looted went down. The profit also went down and then gear price follows. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Nothing wrong, im just saying that MU will keep going down utill that trend turns around

My left nut aint got wings, I'll take my armor and left nut to the grave at those bills.
This Daddy likes to keep f!@k3n in RL
GL on yur futures marketin :handjob:

I strongly believe that prices will continue to drop. The reason is that more and more unlimited gear is dropping from all planets. So more supply and a somewhat stable demand, i don't know how far the prices will drop. But i do notice an increasing amount of items which are inside my budget. So i am happy about that :)

I strongly believe that prices will continue to drop. The reason is that more and more unlimited gear is dropping from all planets. So more supply and a somewhat stable demand, i don't know how far the prices will drop. But i do notice an increasing amount of items which are inside my budget. So i am happy about that :)

I believe what you see is a finite supply recycled, GL with the change of the guard, values may fluctuate.

One thing to consider also is that CLDs may result in there being more people on the market for these kind of items. I've started putting together an angel set from CLD returns for instance. It may never get completed unless prices drop, but I think they will. Not least because this is exactly what MA will want us to be doing with our CLD returns.

So yes, I think you're right and that we'll see prices drift down for some time. In the case of armours I think that's inevitable. The armours that you didn't include, stuff like Jaguar and Tiger, no longer have any real value beyond convenience since you can easily acquire a perfectly functional mixed L set with similar overall defence at sufficiently low MU that it's actually more economical to use than the UL set (due to durability). So eventually Jag and Tiger will be well under 10k, probably under 5k, per set. So as pretty much the next in line, except for ultra-rare Martial SGA and Lion type stuff, Angel must drop too. I guess the really high-end stuff like Shadow/Supremacy may survive, I dunno.

Anyway, I think it's a good thing prices are dropping. A lot of the top-end items have prices that are only sustainable as novelty items. More money could be brought in-game if these items were at more realistic prices. Also, the higher drop rates needed to sustain that would be good for the game imo. Migration has pretty much killed the summer lull, I don't think that's because we can all go hunting some huge mobs that drop tt food and nova, it's because there's the possibility of looting some pretty nice armours on them.

I'll go into hell like a little girl waiting for pressure to squeze.
Explained was a notion and not reality.
Make your own opnion.

all items are meant to drop in price back to almost no value, it was planned alike..
i hope you got the picture since the project entropia

Hi, Question about armor. Serious buyer

I have been apart of EU for years now but only started coming back on last week, my skillz are ok but not the greatest and i always sold and brought over and over ghost armor but i'm honestly sick of using it. Is there a place i can actually get quoted a full set or a page of how much the armor costs in real $ instead of finding bits over a long period of time? any help would be much appreciated! I'm looking for armor that's an all rounder armor which will last me for awhile with a price tag of around the $1000-2000 mark but not limited too. :dunce:

I cant belive that people still think that MA ONLY makes money from decay and that they would get less income from imp/mod stuff uses, MA is like any other buissness, they get x amount in and takes y% from that as their icome for costs no matter what items we use, it has nothing to do with decay.

and offcourse you have some solid proof instead of random wild speculation.....:scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

I've been wondering about this for some time i.e. what the price of mid range to top end armour and weapons is likely to be in the not so distant future.

Considering price is mostly controlled by MA as they control drop rates and stats of items, the question then is where they want prices to be?

If MA are really gearing up for a mass expansion of the player base, what would they want prices to be at?

Bear in mind we now have multiple planets. Any of which could release items with remarkable stats. These would obviously have an impact on existing prices. If calypso the sensible PP can release modified shadow then it shows to me we are likely to have even better item drops from other PP's who are not doing so well.

Anyway how about a scenario like this:

Armour
Angel - 10k-12K full set

Weapons
Modified merc - 50k -70k

What we have to bear in mind is MindArk are unlikely to have a sudden change but more likely to have a gradual change. A gradual change would be least upsetting to existing players. To me it seems we are gradually heading towards the above scenario.

Would mod merc still be king of weapons? or will it be trumped by something else a new type of weapon? Perhaps the release of modified shadow is a precursor to bigger changes ahead...

its all dynamic . and most of the MU´s are not forever ...

and did ya kept in mind , the placer base self , makes the prices aswell .
if they sell stuff cheap while the summer time ... ohh wonder than MU goes down aswell :tongue2:

i dont like MA much ( since i am a tamer :mad: and u all know whats they done to my profession :rolleyes: ) ...

but u cant exspect em to watch for any MU and stuff ... and u cant hope , that any MU goes just up ...

MU´s are a bubble payed by players , once they think a item is less worth , then it is less worth.

Here’s how I see the issues.

Every time there is an unlimited armour drop it adds to supply. So every day that supply increases that put further pressure on the market for those items in a fairly static or reducing higher end player base.

I doesn’t matter how many noobs are entering the game. It takes years for players to reach a level that they either need or are welling to invest in big in armours. Hell....I only completed my phantom armour set this year had part ghost for the last 7 years.

Many armour sets were collected and hoarded as investments rather than for real use, since prices are dropping many are cutting their losses and selling pushing supply even higher. Quite a few top end players have shifted into the investment market with LA’s etc, Star, skippie, Akoz, squal not to mention the others, with less attention to hunting activity.

It’s not only the massive pressure from other planet drops, the high end limited armour market took a big chunk out of the value of unlimited. Many of the top end limited armours can outperform old school top end unlimited armours. I do not have enough fingers to count the amount of times I’ve heard players say “mobs are hitting me 120 in full angel, or mobs are hitting me 160 in full shadow”.

So regardless what the stats say on the tin, the meaningful protection is completely different on old school unlimited. I challenge those who disagree to test it.

So the issue really is how “good” is this unlimited armour now. How “well” is it going to protect me, the question of “quality” is seriously under doubt.

I have often considered buying into the old top end armours, but I’ve lost faith in it. I have often seen hunters wearing full POE or equivalents in the caves on CP, yet I don’t see a problem hunting many of the mobs in their in gremlin, or even phantom for the harder mobs. What’s more if you got a decent enough fap tool or bio chip, who really needs it to go top end armour.

The planet partners have a keen self interest to promote their planet. Do you think Arkadia for example cares how much top armour they drop onto the market from the golden key, or the effect that will have on other prices. Value has no interest to them, as long as they get people to buy into their own planet activities (we would all do the same). So it’s only “time” that will put even further pressure on a market already saturated by choice and over supply.

The next issue was price protection, many had personal interests to hold prices higher so bought items, but they did this in the day the game would reward without apparent limits. Call me cynical but I do not believe those same opportunities exist, so there is considerably less free ped to buy floating items, and players I think are nervous to invest it items even if they do have over flowing peds cards.

Am I trying to push prices lower? The fact I have zero interest in any of the armours “these days” no matter how far the price falls......just about says it all. You think that’s just me?

It’s sad state of mind, becasue there was a time I dreamed of owning shadow, now I wouldn’t touch it unless it was under 10K for a full set, and even then I would be worried if my investment would turn sour.

Every active player is my soc is so F***ing pissed off, it’s amazing any of us log in at all.

So the question is, not so much how far prices will fall, but more to the point if there is an appetite to buy it.

Rick

Back