Version Update 12.8 Preview

Adjusted Loot

My hope is that the new loot is more related to the Mob difficulty (HP, regeneration speed, damage inflicted, hit rate, critical hit rate) and not only its HP.

I see no reason to have same loot possibilities on Scoria or Leviathan (~3K HP and 60 Dmg) than on Yuka or Proteron (~3K HP, but 140+ Dmg) as the second ones need better skill and gear.

Rebalancing the loot this way could:
- Remotivate people to get more skills, thus a good incentive for the "rebalanced" missions.
- Restore the MU in most of the hunting area: bigger weapons, armors, FAPs, this would of course positively impact the crafting and mining professions.

My hope is that the new loot is more related to the Mob difficulty (HP, regeneration speed, damage inflicted, hit rate, critical hit rate) and not only its HP.

I see no reason to have same loot possibilities on Scoria or Leviathan (~3K HP and 60 Dmg) than on Yuka or Proteron (~3K HP, but 140+ Dmg) as the second ones need better skill and gear.

Rebalancing the loot this way could:
- Remotivate people to get more skills, thus a good incentive for the "rebalanced" missions.
- Restore the MU in most of the hunting area: bigger weapons, armors, FAPs, this would of course positively impact the crafting and mining professions.

Agreed.. hunted 80 globals on Atrox / Atrax Stalker..no loot above 390 odd PED with 0x0 Tier 5 enhanced with A106, even XT + Evil no improvement (2.3 globals average per 1000 ped spent and 100ped armor decay) compared to Atrox Young hunting. 108 runs to get to 250 globals , cost around 90-108k to get the 2500ped reward offered lol..

We all hope MA re-balances this .:)

Jo dat :D
stop the levi aths or lower them ! i know much of mobs that are bigger in HP make the double dmg but they arent able to create better loots . thats a shame ! a Martial UL hunter never got that much decay on Levi young than a peep that hunts in chron, vain, supre or shad /sparta& more some osseocollums !
osse matu is nearly similar in hp like a Levi. levi never creates that big nr of decay on armor & make much misshits. Osse nearly never miss . Osse often creates problems how to get back peds to fix the whole setdecay they do on 500 ped ammo like 30 ped on 1 part .

I still dont hope they l enh the tiering now or next. its fast enogh . peeps have to watch more for better tier rates theirselves ! i dont think its to slow. 5 ul parts hold me in a tieringrun. & its totally ok that only 1 or sometimes 2 parts want to be tiered in a month. that are enogh tiering costs or hunt activitys go down. UL arms are the only parts that l nead to be reworked in tieringcosts i say. tiering them cost s double like a harness. omg :D Arms arent that much in focus @ a monster like the harness !

Nice upgrade for producers !

stop the levi aths or lower them ! i know much of mobs that are bigger in HP make the double dmg but they arent able to create better loots . thats a shame ! a Martial UL hunter never got that much decay on Levi young than a peep that hunts in chron, vain, supre or shad /sparta& more some osseocollums !
osse matu is nearly similar in hp like a Levi. levi never creates that big nr of decay on armor & make much misshits. Osse nearly never miss . Osse often creates problems how to get back peds to fix the whole setdecay they do on 500 ped ammo like 30 ped on 1 part .

I still dont hope they l enh the tiering now or next. its fast enogh . peeps have to watch more for better tier rates theirselves ! i dont think its to slow. 5 ul parts hold me in a tieringrun. & its totally ok that only 1 or sometimes 2 parts want to be tiered in a month. that are enogh tiering costs or hunt activitys go down. UL arms are the only parts that l nead to be reworked in tieringcosts i say. tiering them cost s double like a harness. omg :D Arms arent that much in focus @ a monster like the harness !

Nice upgrade for producers !

Levi create more ATH because more people hunt them.

If same amount of people hunted Osse, they would ATH aswell.

Levi create more ATH because more people hunt them.

If same amount of people hunted Osse, they would ATH aswell.

lolz i ve to sell my stuff & start again @ levi with pixie adj or so :DDD
maybe we all should hunt more punys than ?
omfg what a wrong world @ these ...

p.s. Terminator want a reset of the mu of items omg ! the sky is falling !

yeah go on with make the investoring player s blame. but thats nothing new & l be practiced since long.
i m close to be a nondepoer now too !
better it is .

Last edited:
Come on MA give us some release notes in advance! We need something to occupy our minds while you implement the update. :laugh:

I'm dying of boredom at work! :ahh:

lolz i ve to sell my stuff & start again @ levi with pixie adj or so :DDD
maybe we all should hunt more punys than ?
omfg what a wrong world @ these ...

no what is wrong is you assuming an ATH is what we should try and accomplish.

An ATH of tt food can be a curse vs getting stable MU from, lets say Osseo.

tralallala

shift 2 unleashed while waiting....

Come on MA give us some release notes in advance! We need something to occupy our minds while you implement the update. :laugh:

I'm dying of boredom at work! :ahh:

oh yeah, give us the release notes!
nothing like the tears of nerf and some nerf rage to pass the time waiting :D

of course i meant i would enjoy discussing the many improvements MA has made to make the game more enjoyable from a players perspective :p

no what is wrong is you assuming an ATH is what we should try and accomplish.

An ATH of tt food can be a curse vs getting stable MU from, lets say Osseo.

lol only mu loot on osse is still the X5 l longer. rest of loot is tt too since they changed the loot. still missing a few parts in loot on much of mobs . mostly well looted longer only on RT or other planets .

ATH ? no nead for :D i want swimm only.that means i want to be able to hunt every evening after work like 4 houres without to loose around 500 USD in the first week, only by normal hunt.

lol only mu loot on osse is still the X5 l longer. rest of loot is tt too since they changed the loot. still missing a few parts in loot on much of mobs . mostly well looted longer only on RT or other planets .

ATH ? no nead for :D i want swimm only.that means i want to be able to hunt every evening after work like 4 houres without to loose around 500 USD in the first week, only by normal hunt.

if you loose 178 ped / hour hunting normally over a longer period of time your doing it wrong.

if you loose 178 ped / hour hunting normally over a longer period of time your doing it wrong.

whoot ? :D didnt we had a big econess thread before a few month ?
i d . mostly eco : decay/ dura / auccuracy enh + taking a fapper. dont know what should wrong @ these.
loot swapping is wrong !

k the week time was a bit exaggerated but @ migratime it s right & i m not the only one who have that prob .

Last edited:
whoot ? :D didnt we had a big econess thread before a few month ?
i d . mostly eco : decay/ dura / auccuracy enh + taking a fapper. dont know what should wrong @ these.
loot swapping is wrong !

k the week time was a bit exaggerated but @ migratime it s right & i m not the only one who have that prob .

yes problem is event mobs have huge loot swings, even if you play eco.

eco playing over time though, should give decent returns if mobs and time/location are choosen in par with the avatars skill level, gear configuration and ped bankroll.

If the new crafting system works as intended, this is best VU for crafters like us. My hand can relax more from now.

yes problem is event mobs have huge loot swings, even if you play eco.

eco playing over time though, should give decent returns if mobs and time/location are choosen in par with the avatars skill level, gear configuration and ped bankroll.

your done now Master Joda ?

u still dont tell me anytihing new i didnt know before . sry, but these thread is called version update 12.8 preview & not Felix Kiste nead to learn how to loot ! u go offtopic .

* i want toe see the new prod window ;) lets hope its good like told.

How old is the current splash screen for PC?

I am curious about the left side of it. Those are some big skulls..

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/3/0/9/splash_calypso_12_8.jpg
splash_calypso_12_8.jpg

your done now Master Joda ?

u still dont tell me anytihing new i didnt know before . sry, but these thread is called version update 12.8 preview & not Felix Kiste nead to learn how to loot ! u go offtopic .

* i want toe see the new prod window ;) lets hope its good like told.

You started the offtopic, i just responded, but lets keep to thread then.

@ ermik i wonder that a pvp oilcolector want me to tell about loots ... bah man you have a discuss style like a woman . i dont answer u longer or else . u still start to nerve me .

Maybe the bones are from Atrox Queen or smt . the gun looks a bit like a m16 with grenadelauncher adapter .
l be cool left mouse normal shooting right mouse use a grenade & kill a group when u get trouble with popping up mobs

@ ermik i wonder that a pvp oilcolector want me to tell about loots ... bah man you have a discuss style like a woman . i dont answer u longer or else . u still start to nerve me .

and your comment is an example of "good discuss style" ?

you discuss loot, i answer to the best of my ability, it doesent fit what you want to hear and instantly you attack my person.

wonder whos "nerving" who.

I was able to play a few minutes before getting kicked and noticed that I now get 2 stacks of the same ammo in the loot window and also 2 stacks of different ammo like laser and explosives in the same loot. Also the amounts are crazy like 47 laser ammo, what is up with that?

I got two skill upgrades in a row! Biotropic 4 and then another message Biotropic 4.

Checking the skills Biotropic is still at 3.

I think it is not the right time to spend ped

PS: Yep, skill system seems to be bugged. Got another skill update flashing my BLP Pistol. After some shooting it says: BLP Pistoler skill level reached 12. Checking skills in "K" it says Level 11 at 93.25%

Last edited:
Can anyone share with usu if the loot system improvement works? Any new stackable or any big changes to popular mobs like feffoid, argo,atrox etc....

I got two skill upgrades in a row! Biotropic 4 and then another message Biotropic 4.

Checking the skills Biotropic is still at 3.

I think it is not the right time to spend ped

PS: Yep, skill system seems to be bugged. Got another skill update flashing my BLP Pistol. After some shooting it says: BLP Pistoler skill level reached 12. Checking skills in "K" it says Level 11 at 93.25%

Kim wrote there was a problem with the progress bars updating so a relog may show something else for you.

The only change is that we are looting multiple stacks of ammo now, one big one and 1 or 2 small ones (with 10, 15, 30 cells only).

Too soon to know about TT return %%, expect it to be exactly the same.

I have a bug with my finder when amped & dropping the last probe. As soon as i drop the probe the finder window closes....no search no nothing...anyone else getting this?

Last edited:
Also noticed this VU that i am getting serendipity gains even though this skill is RED for me as i chipped out 4 years back( Been Back 4 weeks). The progress bar is accumulating the skill gains...i would have thought that if this skill was re-unlocked for me it would not still be displaying as red...hmmm

this is why i am scared to log in and actually do anything, i too have a locked skill, and i dont really want my account locked for a unknown period of time because of this.

Loot return is basicly the same as always for me. Just came in from a 500 ped hunt with 66% return therbout only difference now is I get more ammo so less chance of taking away some losses with the help of AH.

Loot return is basicly the same as always for me. Just came in from a 500 ped hunt with 66% return therbout only difference now is I get more ammo so less chance of taking away some losses with the help of AH.

I suppose that more ammo in loot will increase the MU of stackables since less of them will be looted.
At the end of the day, the overall return should not change much.
But the multiple ammo stacks are weird, it's not efficient, so I'll predict a bug or pending change... :)

I have a bug with my finder when amped & dropping the last probe. As soon as i drop the probe the finder window closes....no search no nothing...anyone else getting this?

I think that is a new feature. You can't equip the finder once the amp dies until you detach it. So this feature makes it un-equip the moment you drop and the amp reaches fully dead. Pretty sure this was added to ensure no more amp bugs using them after they are dead can happen.

Back