Question: Is Auction Sniping Software picking off the 1150Ped CLDs????

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Something is very fishy about the speed at which CLDs vanish. On constant refreshing the Global Auction I move my cursor to the CLD that appears, click on it, click View and its gone! Error...

Now unless some players have superhuman hand-eye speed, myself and others are suspecting someone has somehow managed to implement Auction Sniping software. We all have to do the same set of steps to buy a CLD so the only way this may be working is with extrenal software. I have submitted a support case to MA to investigate this concern.

Does this seem odd to you?

Bjorn

probably yes. When the seller first got online the auction went lagging for about 2 minutes. Probably because some software program tried to refresh every millisecond instead of every second or so. It was to be expected i guess. I hope MA can see who did it and ban them.

When the seller first got online the auction went lagging for about 2 minutes.

Perhaps this lag was due to many people using the auction (or the server being laggy or whatever), and this is the reason someone was so fast (to the perception of others), because auction lagged so it "appeared to him" a second faster or something (could also be coinciding with good refresh timing, fast internet and well-practiced in auction buying)?

It is possible someone is using software, but I personally believe other explainations such as above are more likely :dunno:

Difficult to say. I know some are fast, certainly faster than me at clicking.

So it's 50/50. Wouldn't do any harm for MA to check because if someone is using software they definitely do have an advantage.

I managed to get some myself and i'm slower than a computer program can be, but maybe faster than a lot of human :) . + I have a not shitty connection and i'm in europe (so closer from the server than an australian/american man).
This reminds me to the time (6 or 7 years back) when we were 5/10 people standing at the rig and i was picking oil very often lol.

So my guess is there are none, or at least there were none yesterday because i didn't try to get any today.

Don't think so, I got 2 deeds one by one. You just got to be fast.

Unless I'm faster than a program, in which case lololo omg supa hero :D

Well yesterday when they first started putting CLD's on auction I was able to get almost all of them I think. First session managed to grab 6 singles. Later on I managed to get 20 singles and at one point I had lagged, at another point the player register window came on top of the auction so I missed out on another deed lol.

A friend that logged on later also started to try and score some deeds, but I was quicker until that bidding window ended up under the auction one by mistake. That was the first set I lost of 5. After that I think the set I missed was a 30-sized stack due to not having the ped, which was the fitrst stack my friend got. Later a 13 stack was too much for my ped card, which was seen by TX here as he wrote that in forum lol.

That was all very exciting and awesome to be able to get them fastest most of the time then reading here someone was damn fast at clicking lol. But I can tell you it was no sniping software or anything. Just went to a deserted place, not twin auction or any other place where you can suspect extra lags or ppl shooting rockets or anything with vehicles to reduce your speed. I also still think a good trackball is always faster than a mouse for normal use like this.

Reactions: SHY
Chinese people are so fast these days...

But seriously, that listing could have entered the Ah before you hit refresh and maybe it had about 5 sec of being active untill you refreshed it and click to buy it out

Also have you checked if there are any order on AH for CLD? That would go lighting fast:)

Australia. Data center is in Europe. Nuff said.

I would hazard a guess a bit of both worlds.

1) Good connection to their servers, and half decent comp. These people will have a massive advantage
2) Possibility of auto auction clickers. But i doubt there are many of these around, a guess at a handful at most

Rgds

Ace

Funny... when they were for a 1000ped price there were plenty on auction (only stacks of 1 dissapeard quite fast). Now when they are 1150ped - they dissapear before MA person clicks "confirm" ;). And the profit from them barely covers the difference (like 190peds income so far?)

Well done MA - well done... and i thought market manipulations were agains eula ;).

Falagor
:bandit:

Funny... when they were for a 1000ped price there were plenty on auction (only stacks of 1 dissapeard quite fast). Now when they are 1150ped - they dissapear before MA person clicks "confirm" ;). And the profit from them barely covers the difference (like 190peds income so far?)

Well done MA - well done... and i thought market manipulations were agains eula ;).

Falagor

That is cause when they first came out:

People didnt know what the ROI was going to be
There were 60000 of them

Now they are seen as a good investment, so everyone wants them, and only 5k available. Not sure why you think MA are manipulating the market? :scratch2:

Rgds

Surreall

That is cause when they first came out:

People didnt know what the ROI was going to be
There were 60000 of them

Now they are seen as a good investment, so everyone wants them, and only 5k available. Not sure why you think MA are manipulating the market? :scratch2:

Rgds

Surreall

Lets say i just dont belive in existance of a player who sold 5k of them back to MA at 1150ped price when he could easily sell them in less than 1 week on streets for at least 1250 ;).
Now hypothetically if i am right then MA made simple manipulation in here that alowed them to sell part of CLDs at higher rate. Of course i have no chance of proving my theory.

About ROI - there were already paying dividends at level around 5ped/week and still there were plenty on auction for 1k. Now they give under 5ped and sell for higher ;). I understadn that this still looks like good oportunity to earn like ~18%-20% yearly but i just dont understand why it did not look like good oportunity when it was giving like 25%-28% ;). Mayby people got some more cash and are willing to pay now and were not able before - or something.

Falagor

i had my suspisions too if there is someone using softwear but lets say there isnt , so these ppl are superhumans or something ? i am fast as can be and focused but i cant get a snif at these ?.

My PC is good my connection is fiberoptic broadband by BT , my service provider is BT so i dont see a problem there.

we will see how i go on today. in the meantime good luck to all.

Oh yeh finally i am in a very quite corner of Calypso no one there except me lol

Last edited:
Seems to be two guys reselling quite regularly, boy they are faster at buying than the rest of us....how do they do it I wonder??:scratch:

Lets say i just dont belive in existance of a player who sold 5k of them back to MA at 1150ped price when he could easily sell them in less than 1 week on streets for at least 1250 ;).
Now hypothetically if i am right then MA made simple manipulation in here that alowed them to sell part of CLDs at higher rate. Of course i have no chance of proving my theory.

About ROI - there were already paying dividends at level around 5ped/week and still there were plenty on auction for 1k. Now they give under 5ped and sell for higher ;). I understadn that this still looks like good oportunity to earn like ~18%-20% yearly but i just dont understand why it did not look like good oportunity when it was giving like 25%-28% ;). Mayby people got some more cash and are willing to pay now and were not able before - or something.

Falagor

Just my speculation...

When CLDs first arrived, people don't know where it would lead to...would the dividends and MU rise or fall unpredictably? Additionally, the amount of peds people have on their hands were somewhat limited. So sales were slow because of the uncertainty.

But now, almost 1 year later, those with huge stacks of clds would have horded a significant amount of peds in anticipation to snap up more and more of those clds in the market for keeps (regardless of mu). And because of this, the mu of the clds shot up to almost 1.35k peds regardless of the dividends it gave out a week.

Next, with almost a year of weekly payout as a background, people can now somewhat judge how stable the dividends would be for the future to come. And so they might be more willing to dump peds into it?

And finally, with this huge mu difference, 1150 vs 1350, you can see the amount of profit each cld might bring if mu finally rises back to 1350 or maybe even more in the future...this thus leads to the "resellers" swarming into the market as well....for they have nothing to lose and everything to gain. :ahh:

End result, clds up and gone in the split of a second...

* Off topic wise, I have been wondering...just a few months before this 5k clds release, I couldn't help but noticed that there were a lot of people selling out stuff for peds. Maybe its just me over thinking....but regardless of the motivation behind this sale of stuff, these people now with peds on their hands would probably be the ones snapping up clds upon clds upon clds by the dozens.

Well I managed to be successfull once. I wasted a day (HAD TO TAKE LEAVE) clicking refresh while standing next to the estate broker.
It is possible but hardly entertaining and at that rate of clicking you cant read what you buying so mistakes are easy.Hope MA read and improve.
Oh also there should be a restriction on the number of CLD auction lots you can buy in a single day.

Last edited:

Falagor

Well i am not one for conspiracy theories. So probably best to agree to disagree.

I prefer to go with what has been told by MA, with a pinch of salt of course.

Especially as we have nothing else to go on.

And besides that MA have no reason to lie about it

Rgds

Ace

Wouldn't it be nice if MA would address the situation reported in this thread?

:wtg:

As on topic... i am pretty sure there actually exist auction helper...

We have skill scanner right? I heard about trade helper (not sure how exactly it works).
So only difference to skill scanner is:
  • not only reading but also recognising letters (not too hard).
  • clicking few places (refresh, item, price, buy) (also not too hard).

Of course noone will admit to having this becasue it breaks eula (interfering with game clint with automatic tool).

Falagor

I was able to find 2 pages full of cld's last night when i was on. I had enough time to notice them, deposit, and then buy the amount i wanted... I bought them after they were posted for 20 minutes.
However 15 minutes later they were... All gone again.

But i got what i wanted so im happy.

As for a program possibility, its very possible... However high risk sense its.... You know a non-approved program.

Doesn't matter what game you play - you are going to find people who cheat or find a way to exploit things to their advantage.

Doesn't matter what game you play - you are going to find people who cheat or find a way to exploit things to their advantage.

This is so true. I think it is rather impossible to make a game with zero possibility for cheating (of course we would need good definition of cheating in first place).

Falagor

This is so true. I think it is rather impossible to make a game with zero possibility for cheating (of course we would need good definition of cheating in first place).

Falagor

I actually think Entropia has a lot less cheating then your average game. Simply because of the high cost of being banned. The more you have, the less you want to risk everything.

As on topic... i am pretty sure there actually exist auction helper...

We have skill scanner right? I heard about trade helper (not sure how exactly it works).
So only difference to skill scanner is:
  • not only reading but also recognising letters (not too hard).
  • clicking few places (refresh, item, price, buy) (also not too hard).

Of course noone will admit to having this becasue it breaks eula (interfering with game clint with automatic tool).

Falagor
don't forget about spam helper. Never used it but got an offer to try it once, which I declined.

It is possible but hardly entertaining and at that rate of clicking you cant read what you buying so mistakes are easy.

Yup there is at least one "player" regularly listing deeds to take advantage of this.

There has been auction software for years; i thought it was common knowledge. If you list enough different things on auction at a time you will see all those you listed below some threshold disappear, back-to-back, at an inhuman rate when the software does its sweep.

There's not really any risk for these sophisticated resellers, either, because they have umpteen avatars and probably use proxies to keep them isolated to casual investigation.

I was able to find 2 pages full of cld's last night when i was on. I had enough time to notice them, deposit, and then buy the amount i wanted... I bought them after they were posted for 20 minutes.
However 15 minutes later they were... All gone again.

But i got what i wanted so im happy.

As for a program possibility, its very possible... However high risk sense its.... You know a non-approved program.

I would appriciate if you could tell me what that was please Dennis.

I would appriciate if you could tell me what that was please Dennis.

Not sure what part of my post your talking about. But i bought a single stack of 5 CLD's which is what i wanted.

Thank you for your reply .

i was refering to time you were on when there were 2 pages full of CLDs . i appriciate all the help you can give please i can only afford to buy 7 i would be happy with that .

Back