Seriously..someone please explain this to me

the_prophet

Dominant
Banned
Ok so as L49/46 laser/blp pistoleer and L30pros/28surv, I expected to get a couple of nice loots thus far, but after many many ped cycled I find myself standing as is:

2.2k highest hunting, 2k highest mining.

Also I want to note on this occasion, that my current state of pedflow (TT WISE!) is; -8k ped (this is last 2 weeks)...check tracker for mob selection;

http://www.entropialife.com/profile.aspx?P=205074&M=globalList&V=hunting

What really caught my attention is this;

http://www.entropialife.com/profile.aspx?P=269993&M=globalList&V=mining

Now...someone please explain to me..simply...WTF?

I consider myself quite a grinder, in like 1 and a half year total (maybe even less) (breaks excluded) I reached mentioned levels with 0 chipping in.

So in the case of this "lucky" player I am just baffled..I dropped countless d-class, level 5's, heck, I even did a birthday L13 on one occassion which turned out into a small 260p hof...

So again please...just please...someone explain this to me? WTF am I doing wrong? TT drain is just RIDICOLOUS on me and tbh I'm starting to think Kim|Calypso nerfed me coz I went hard on him on this forum once - post your thoughts - is it possible - when looking at these noob avatars with 2 towers off the bat - that someones loot gets nerfed by MA? or boosted? :scratch2:

Last 200 D amp i dropped ended up with under 70% TT ret, dun worry everything is 'normal'

-800 each day is very normal.

almost 71 blp here and 62 electro, 200+ hp.

Big loots don't happen, big mu items never ever happen lol. 7+ years.

Maybe try a name change where the names start with different letters to join the good times...

You are not alone.

2.2k highest and 4 other ubers in hunting? You're very lucky! :) I got my first ever uber (of 1.8k) just a month ago, being 62 lvl Laser Sniper, after over 7 years, no breaks.

Reading the forum, I notice many very old players who haven't had ubers still.

2.2k highest and 4 other ubers in hunting? You're very lucky! :) I got my first ever uber (of 1.8k) just a month ago, being 62 lvl Laser Sniper, after over 7 years, no breaks.

Reading the forum, I notice many very old players who haven't had ubers still.

Which would in my perception mean that something is very wrong or the saying "skills matter" doesnt matter at all when in your first 10 "globals" you can get 2 huge towers over 6k+ with 0 skills?!

Plus, ok - you had your first uber of 1.8k just a month ago...want to ask you - ever went on -8k downswing in such a ridicolous short time?

Last 200 D amp i dropped ended up with under 70% TT ret, dun worry everything is 'normal'

Ye its normal as it seems after someone reaches a certain "tied into your investments state - maybe level 30+?" loot seems to change or at least the loot periods, I myself never expected such a loss in such short amount of time, everything still seems that Kim|Calypso nerfed my loot after I went a bit hard on the poor fellow :/

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?255601-MA-Staff-Playing-the-Game

You be the judge - and I still need opinions - HAS MA THE CAPABILITY TO INFLUENCE SOMEONE'S LOOT RETURN (tt-wise)

Plus, ok - you had your first uber of 1.8k just a month ago...want to ask you - ever went on -8k downswing in such a ridicolous short time?

-8k in 2 weeks no, but in Aug-Sept 2012, hurrying to finish many missions before the reward changes, I lost over 25k in 2 months with the best loot of ~700. It was probably my craziest period :)

IMO, skills make no difference when it comes to big multipliers. They are based on the right place at the right time. Mining skills basically let you mine for rare ores (use better finders), that is about it. I've noticed no big difference TT wise, from when I started and now being 41/35 prosp/surv. As for your losses, loot waves are HUGE these days. It was 3 1/2 months of heavy grinding for me and -18k PED before I saw a decent TT% return these last 2 weeks. Just keep trying is about all I can say.

I don't know what the skills or set-up are for that person, but gratz anyway. I never judge anyone because of his loot - same applies to Krom. I don't care how much they spent, they simply had a jackpot. Just as real life - slot grinders may play for years without "hofs,ATHs" and random "first time" player may get the big one, even two times. This is gambling. The only difference is that we can add MU on returns(which is actually higher than slot-machines).

On the other side - game became rough last months. Sure developers must profit, but, as someone said, "selling car or house" to get some (85-90%?) unofficial returns is crazy. If someone is loosing a lot at low level hunting, how can we expect him to go into crafting(profession where actually our loot goes into, which gives us MU). Im sure many wouldn't mind to pay some to play, because this game is worth to invest. I would spend much more for this fun if I could. But with such a long bad runs and returns...

I've dropped a lot of D's, Lvl5's, Lvl7's and my best hofs are with Lvl2(as newbie) and one with Lvl5 - all planet side.
Maybe thats how Foma and Hell should work - you never know what could happen.

No offence to anyone, hof big, good luck and

HAPPY NEW YEAR :yay:

Your a lucky avatar.

Well done, I would not have made this boasting thread about it.....

IDK if you're serious or misread my post - IM NOT THE GUY WITH 2x 6k tower in first 10 globals, I am the unlucky poor fuck, who is getting TT-!!!!! by MindArk - still guessing if on purpose - considering my past quarrel with Kim|Calypso.

Well, tbh, everything was working good till the Start of 2013 when MA rebalanced loot, fucked up mining and changed crafting and ...

Ok, I'm not going to say no more, just "Life is hard man" =)

Well, tbh, everything was working good till the Start of 2013 when MA rebalanced loot, fucked up mining and changed crafting and ...

There is truth in this. Before 2013 loot was better. It's like there is something missing nowadays; a multiplier I guess...

IDK if you're serious or misread my post - IM NOT THE GUY WITH 2x 6k tower in first 10 globals, I am the unlucky poor fuck, who is getting TT-!!!!! by MindArk - still guessing if on purpose - considering my past quarrel with Kim|Calypso.

How much did this guy spend before hitting those?

we can talk when you find out.

looking at tracker tells you nothing

I am owe and ATH... You see me moan?YES you do, yet it does not come.

So fuck this game, I have not logged in for 1 months and abit now ;D

Just waiting for them to fix my bugged loot.

If it's comforting you in any way... you are not alone :D

LE: can't really talk about hunting, i only do that occasionally (42 laser sniper), but with mining... after 30k ped in globals you'd be really lucky to get a tower.

And it's not nice to point your finger at other people, congratulate them, be happy for them, maybe you'll get the next one.

Last edited:

I dunno you have had pretty good loots for being relatively low skilled. Only have had 1 1k+ hunting loot and I'm lvl 64 laser pistoleer.

another day, another fucking whining little bitch ... move on, nothing to see

Angel

Angel

... seriously, what do you expect ... Every time you roll a dice, its a gamble and just because someone hit the jackpot once, does not mean he cannot hit it again with the very next drop. Is it rare, hell yeah, do you loose a single word about the hundreds that are in your boat, not winning, hell no ...

If you cannot afford to amp, do not amp as simple as that. Only play with what you are happy with, but having read your opening statement, you aren't after good advice, you are here because you are not the one having hit 2x big fat towers in a few days ... well guess what, that's life and now do this forum a favor and stop being a little girl about it.

Angel

Angel

No.. same dude as always, The Prophet is getting famous for his stupidity

Yep I'm going with this one too. I've been here about 4 years have spent loads of cash. My biggest hunting is 1.8k
my biggest mining is big (13k) so I have to say it did happen once - but hunting is what I do all the time. I'm like 66 in laser. This year was the worst so far loot wise. I've been selling some assets to avoid depo and it doesn't do much.
I'm a loss at what else to say or do really.

Angel

Would be a nice world if people thought before posting, or having brain for that matter to be able to read the thread first. I said someone explain to me how this is possible.

... seriously, what do you expect ... Every time you roll a dice, its a gamble and just because someone hit the jackpot once, does not mean he cannot hit it again with the very next drop. Is it rare, hell yeah, do you loose a single word about the hundreds that are in your boat, not winning, hell no ...

If you cannot afford to amp, do not amp as simple as that. Only play with what you are happy with, but having read your opening statement, you aren't after good advice, you are here because you are not the one having hit 2x big fat towers in a few days ... well guess what, that's life and now do this forum a favor and stop being a little girl about it.

Angel

I am not here because I am not the one hitting 2x 6k towers in my first 10 globals, I am here to simply point out the "issue" of the game being - simply put - yes, same as life - unfair. At this moment I should probably point out the obvious - WE ARE IN A GAME - WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO ALLOW YOU TO INVEST IN YOUR AVATAR - to be honest - if someone had told me at beginning losing 1000USD in 2 months is called an "investment" here, an investment, which you SHOULD NEVER EXPECT TO GET BACK - thats just retarded - why "INVEST" in such a fraud?

No.. same dude as always, The Prophet is getting famous for his stupidity

http://www.entropialife.com/Profile.aspx?P=152537

Who are you? WTH are you doing in this thread? noob u haven't seen 1/4 of the universe I did and you come here being smart about my stupidity? Restrain yourself from retarded action next time plz.

Maybe its time to point out another thing...If I loose 8k in cpl of weeks TT-wise doing small/mid mobs @ L49 laser pisto, which I did...someone PLEASE explain to me how in the world do ppl like Stryker get to 3 million total loot without dishing out millions of dollars? Or do they dish out millions of dollars to be able to play at their level and withstand the - 800K TT swings at their level??

How much did this guy spend before hitting those?

we can talk when you find out.

looking at tracker tells you nothing

I am owe and ATH... You see me moan?YES you do, yet it does not come.

So fuck this game, I have not logged in for 1 months and abit now ;D

Just waiting for them to fix my bugged loot.

if u r that much down in ped then i feel for u in ur situation but ur unlikely to get your ath while not playing :)

IMO, skills make no difference when it comes to big multipliers. They are based on the right place at the right time. Mining skills basically let you mine for rare ores (use better finders), that is about it. I've noticed no big difference TT wise, from when I started and now being 41/35 prosp/surv. As for your losses, loot waves are HUGE these days. It was 3 1/2 months of heavy grinding for me and -18k PED before I saw a decent TT% return these last 2 weeks. Just keep trying is about all I can say.

So what you're saying is thing is bound to turn around or is that just an assumption we all devise our gameplay by?

I cant even begin to imagine hitting a 5k+ loot to get me even near the mythical 90% return, should I just foolishy keep depositing and feed the "swing" till it is balanced out ( I heard of certain person who is supposedly down 400k PED+, does anyone see a 300k+ mining ATH in near future for the fellow who devoted his carrier in EU to his proffession, got #1 in their domain, but also got drained doing so? )

1. Everyone has a chance to get lucky
  2. Everyone has a chance to be UNlucky
  3. Do you know how much TT they spent? Their % return?
  4. Did they try using mega-amps and got lucky?
  5. Your being down 8k peds: Is that 60% return or 95% return? Big difference that.
  6. The "mythical" 90% TT return is an average, not an absolute. Average by definition means folks will come below that.

if u r that much down in ped then i feel for u in ur situation but ur unlikely to get your ath while not playing :)

I'm 17k down...

So ok, maybe not an ATH, but fml none the less/I need a break.

Um that guy you linked has mined for a long time on RT and 90% of globals don't track there. And if he was finding good mu unamped or with small amps, (which is easy on RT), then the odds of him globalling are even smaller.

So tracker doesn't mean anything, for that reason, AND b/c this is gambling and anyone can get lucky.

You been talking in game about this for weeks, about how MA turned off your loot because you had a spat with Kim or whatever. Guess what, that's NOT what happened.

I never had a fight with MA and I am probably negative 700k ped in 4 years. I have lost 8k in a day, and 5k the next and 5k the next...then the next 2-3 days, i get back 10k or 14k of those losses. Sometimes more, sometimes less. But don't EVER think that you deserve something, or that you are due...because you are not, and the game doesn't owe you anything. Be glad its only 8k ped. I thought that way for years too...but now I know it doesn't work like that, so I play more modestly, just enough to maybe allow it to someday happen if it ever does, but NOT because I am chasing my losses anymore.

Bottom line, you wonder why YOU lost so much??? Dude, look around. That's how it works for 95% of us, and that is damn sure how it has worked in the past, and how it will be. If it cost me that much to get my tracker, it cost a hell of a lot of people a hell of a lot more money than me. Sure some were smarter or luckier, but the truth is, when you think what you lost is a lot compared to others, trust me, it isn't.

pg.1 Hello and welcome to Entropia Universe, there are 3 professions you may choose from. Hunting, Mining, Crafting.

If you wish to Hunt please turn to page #2.
If you wish to Mine please turn to page #3.
If you wish to craft please turn to page #4.

pg.2 There are two types of hunting you may choose from. Small creatures or Dangerous Aggressive creatures.

If you wish to hunt small creatures turn to page 5.
If you wish to hunt Dangerous Aggressive creatures turn to page 6.

pg.3 There are two types of Mining you may do. Grinding unamped, or using large amps.
If you wish to mine unamped turn to page 5.
If you wish to invest all your ped into lvl13 amps and hit FOMA turn to page 6.

pg.4 There are two choices in crafting, Slow and steady crafting only what you can sell for markup, or Grinding for the big HOF.
If you wish to craft slow and steady and make items you can use or sell turn to page 5.
If you wish to invest all your ped into high cost attachements turn to page 6.

pg.5 You go to the forums and complain about how bad loot is and how you never get an uber loot even though you deserve it.
GAME OVER (if you wish to discover a new path, you may start again at page one)

pg.6 A bold choice indeed! Flip a coin.

If it came up heads turn to page 5.
If it came up tails turn to page 7.

pg.7 You go to the forums to read all the complaints about your noob ass getting all the good loots and how much you don't deserve it.

pg.1 Hello and welcome to Entropia Universe, there are 3 professions you may choose from. Hunting, Mining, Crafting.

If you wish to Hunt please turn to page #2.
If you wish to Mine please turn to page #3.
If you wish to craft please turn to page #4.

pg.2 There are two types of hunting you may choose from. Small creatures or Dangerous Aggressive creatures.

If you wish to hunt small creatures turn to page 5.
If you wish to hunt Dangerous Aggressive creatures turn to page 6.

pg.3 There are two types of Mining you may do. Grinding unamped, or using large amps.
If you wish to mine unamped turn to page 5.
If you wish to invest all your ped into lvl13 amps and hit FOMA turn to page 6.

pg.4 There are two choices in crafting, Slow and steady crafting only what you can sell for markup, or Grinding for the big HOF.
If you wish to craft slow and steady and make items you can use or sell turn to page 5.
If you wish to invest all your ped into high cost attachements turn to page 6.

pg.5 You go to the forums and complain about how bad loot is and how you never get an uber loot even though you deserve it.

pg.6 A bold choice indeed! Flip a coin.

If it came up heads turn to page 5.
If it came up tails turn to page 7.

pg.7 You go to the forums to read all the complaints about your noob ass getting all the good loots and how much you don't deserve it.

Love it! Lol and +rep for you! Pretty much says it all.

Um that guy you linked has mined for a long time on RT and 90% of globals don't track there. And if he was finding good mu unamped or with small amps, (which is easy on RT), then the odds of him globalling are even smaller.

He is from my Soc and he is an new player he started mining have few day with low level amp when he hit Prospector lv 3 he started use level 5 and in same day he it his first tower in Hell. I notice he mining some days before but i dont know who are because add members of my soc to my FL all days and an day i was invited to join with he in TS and teacher he as mining and about loot amps... I was with he in TS when he take it in Hell. I true think loot mechanic change every day , week , moth and it is big lottery.

Sorry for my bad english i hope you undestand whats i writed.

Back