MindArk.com - New Platform Partners

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Dear Entropians,

Many companies and organizations in various sectors, public and private, have shown interest over the years in leveraging the Entropia Universe platform to enhance their own business, products and services. Of course, MindArk is always eager to explore new opportunities and will soon be announcing the first such partnership project, separate from the existing Entropia Universe product. Full details will be made available on the MindArk.com website very soon.

Regards.
David Simmonds
CEO MindArk PE AB

Originally Posted Here

...separate from the existing Entropia Universe product...

Famous-characters-Troll-face-I-m-Watching-You-Meme-139863.png

there we go, we get starterpacks -> which take care of the EU situation, let it stay as it is from now on

develop other products,...forget about EU,...

Ladies and gentlemen, the sky has fallen!

it has always seemed to me MA does not have enough staff to develop/maintain EU sufficiently, now they are going to be spending time working on other stuff unrelated to EU.. WTF

it has always seemed to me MA does not have enough staff to develop/maintain EU sufficiently, now they are going to be spending time working on other stuff unrelated to EU.. WTF

Valid point. This is a perception a lot of us share, myself included. I hope that now, with a new platform partner, MA will have enough new revenue to hire additional staff. It has been a long time goal of MindArk's to evolve their company into a platform provider.

Valid point. This is a perception a lot of us share, myself included. I hope that now, with a new platform partner, MA will have enough new revenue to hire additional staff. It has been a long time goal of MindArk's to evolve their company into a platform provider.

Exactly as HardWrath say. Instead of thinking in negative way, try to see the things positive. New business opportunities should bring new revenues/ profits and that hopefully might mean new things in Entropia as well :)

Remember back when MA first got bored with providing an innovative and unique RCE game and decided they wanted to become "platform providers" along with half the software companies of the time? There was interest in it as a shopping enviroment (led to people joking about a "shopping planet" when PP initiative was described). Maybe China/whomever it was finally carried through. It never made sense for an in-universe product anyway. I wish MA had stayed with its core "competency", but on the bright side maybe they'll finally fix clothing rendering and models.

So, people have shown interest in Entropia and the possibility it offers, but instead of giving that to them, and helping the current customer base you have, you will create something new and "separate from the existing Entropia Universe product."?

This is like saying "We are excited to announce that the people who were interested in, and ordered the new Lamborghini, will instead get a supercharged pinto."

I am trying to forget that you gave certain players revenue sharing thru website sign up links when others who request it to help grow Entropia are denied, while many active players do more for the game than collect permanent profits from someone clicking a web link.

Select websites/players have planet partner perks. The rest of us are discriminated against and denied for asking the same, and asked to spend $100k to millions to get.

MA simply has no respect for its customers, clearly.

It will be great excuse for bad annual report, as was CE2, SEE conflict, Planet Partnership development, etc...smart move i must say ;)

It will be great excuse for bad annual report, as was CE2, SEE conflict, Planet Partnership development, etc...

Just spotted here they also created another subsidiary January 2014 no doubt to fiddle the numbers for huge losses in the next annual report.

Its going to be interesting to see who got interested in something so incompleet as this.

If given the opportunity to be a PP with restrictions (as we currently see all the PPs crippled) and being a PP without restrictions, which would you choose?

Thank you Berta for notice.

//
Where to put posts of MA officials trought the years?
And all those Q&A answers?

- we are here to stay...
- we will develop only Project - Entropia and no other products or services....
- and all the promises trought years?
//

Probably will continue to play like as i was not informed upfront.
Bla bla for the rest...

I'm curious to know if the new partner will have a RCE like EU does.

....supply creates demand.

Well seeing how well the current PP's are coping with MA dictating their economies it's not surprising that someone with enough money would buy out of the system completely and want to build theirs from scratch with far more control.

ma has a new partner? or a new customer?

I imagine its something similar to the ESA / NASA projects?

Really I don't see this having an outcome other than yet another contract dispute unless there is a up-front payment that they can use to hire more developers and QA.

I imagine its something similar to the ESA / NASA projects?

Really I don't see this having an outcome other than yet another contract dispute unless there is a up-front payment that they can use to hire more developers and QA.

Well, as long as they don't partner with someone that's completely inept like SEE, the I don't foresee any issues like that. If it is NASA, the end result product will likely not be an MMO with an RCE and instead be something that's educational in nature. A contract with NASA would be a HUGE step for MA and will make the EU platform extremely marketable.

leverage
ˈliːv(ə)rɪdʒ,ˈlɛv(ə)rɪdʒ/
verb
gerund or present participle: leveraging

use borrowed capital for (an investment), expecting the profits made to be greater than the interest payable.
    "a leveraged takeover bid"
    use (something) to maximum advantage.
    "the organization needs to leverage its key resources"

Am I the only one thinking: What the Hell does this mean???????????

Am I the only one thinking: What the Hell does this mean???????????

MindArk selling a Rebranded CryEngine license to a 3rd party for making a game or virtual world with.

oh man, now we never see any new content, when the handfull employe they have does work for this new thing.:confused::eyecrazy:

oh man, now we never see any new content, when the handfull employe they have does work for this new thing.:confused::eyecrazy:

better then creating content & making sure none uses it, like the melee amps :laugh:

Dear Entropians,

Many companies and organizations in various sectors, public and private, have shown interest over the years in leveraging the Entropia Universe platform to enhance their own business, products and services. Of course, MindArk is always eager to explore new opportunities and will soon be announcing the first such partnership project, separate from the existing Entropia Universe product. Full details will be made available on the MindArk.com website very soon.

Regards.
David Simmonds
CEO MindArk PE AB

Originally Posted Here

As others I'm a bit concerned about how this will affect EU.

However reading Development Map clearly shows that MA still plan on working on content Can we argue that this will be even slower?

I wonder if this soon to be announced partnership project has something to do with:

[h=2]Communication and development roadmap[/h]

[...]

[h=3]Web-Based Battle Arena - (Planned for Early 2015 Release)[/h] A web-based Battle Arena game is planned for early 2015. The game will be developed as a cross-platform solution available on the web and for mobile devices, and will have direct ties to the Entropia Universe taming! system. Players will have the opportunity to acquire, upgrade and customise their pets for battle against the pets of others.

Entropia Universe participants will have the ability to acquire Battle Arena Deeds and share in the revenue and excitement of the Battle Arena action. 200,000 Battle Arena Deeds will be offered via the Entropia Universe in-game auction and upcoming webshop at 100 PED each. Revenues generated from the Battle Arena Deed offering will be used exclusively for Battle Arena development and marketing. More detailed information about the Battle Arena Deeds will be made available very soon.

[...]

Can this fact that revenues from Battle Arena will be "...used exclusively for Battle Arena development and marketing." mean that Battle Arena will be "...separate from the existing Entropia Universe product." ?
I mean from business like language use, not only common meaning.

But then if Battle Arena is separate from EU, could it be said that it "...will have direct ties to the Entropia Universe taming!" ?

It sounds like the Battle Arenas will be an integral part of EU with the creatures that we use coming from the taming system itself. It does not sound like it will be a separate game.

If would not be surprised if it was somekind of education platform for a school or something similar.

Back