Question: How do Ruby, Sapphire, etc. pets spawn.

Rumsponge

Elite
Ben Rumsponge Rumson
Ok, I suspect that this is going to be a really stupid question, but...

Do all of these sapphire, ruby, etc. pets come from taming normal looking mobs that turn into the rarer version after they are tamed, or do they actually spawn as the rarer version which you can then find and tame?

Are the rarer versions any harder to tame than the normal ones?

I see that there are now Sapphire Atrox around. I have personally killed more than 15000 Atrox for iron missions and have never seen one that looked any different than the others. Then again, I tend to watch tv while I grind missions, so I guess it's possible that I could have killed one without noticing.

They spawn as the actual rare version.

If you spend any time out on the islands you can see the leeches flying above the taming areas looking to jump in on a fresh spawn.

How it works is this:

After a specified amount of the mob are tamed, the spawn pops.

The leech stands around at revivals waiting for somebody to start taming, then gets in their plane and runs scout flights over the area the tamer is hunting in.

It's really obnoxious behavior as the person doing all the work will seldom see the reward for their endeavor. Instead they're just acting as machines for somebody elses profit.

(...)
(...)

I heard they actually appear after certain (predictable!) time and not actual nr of tamed/killed mobs.

Those might be rumors though.

Falagor
:bandit:

Do all of these sapphire, ruby, etc. pets come from taming normal looking mobs that turn into the rarer version after they are tamed, or do they actually spawn as the rarer version which you can then find and tame?

I asked exactly the same thing in the #Rookie channel just a few hours ago, and they are a rare maturity that spawns very rarely.

So what is the actual spawn interval?
  1. A rare one spawns after X of the regular ones are tamed.
  2. A rare one spawns after X of the regular ones are killed.
  3. A rare one spawns at a timed interval varying between X and Y minutes. (Obviously not fixed interval such as every 120 minutes).
If the same spawn rules apply to all tameable mobs, 1 must be out since only the pygmy hogglos can be tamed.
I wonder if it's the same kill or timer mechanism as the Shadowshell spawn in Cyclops Depths or the boss Broods on CP.

What about atrox? I thought u found out if u got a special after taming with those.

Being killed and tamed are essentially the same action, as it removes the mob from the loot pool, generates a global, and that global actually counts as "killed".

I have verified this using a sequence I am 100% certain will result in the spawn of a special mob, and succeeded in spawning the mob.

So the theory is that after a certain amount of a particular type of creature is killed, a rare version of that creature will appear.

My best guess is that the rare version will spawn in place of a normal version at some random location where the creature type normally spawns. If this is true, I wonder if they ever spawn on land areas or if they only spawn in untaxed places.

Thoughts?

They spawn as the actual rare version.

If you spend any time out on the islands you can see the leeches flying above the taming areas looking to jump in on a fresh spawn.

How it works is this:

The leech stands around at revivals waiting for somebody to start taming, then gets in their plane and runs scout flights over the area the tamer is hunting in.

It's really obnoxious behavior as the person doing all the work will seldom see the reward for their endeavor. Instead they're just acting as machines for somebody elses profit.

<removed> The things you say btw are tottaly wrong.
Sorry I don't know what I say bad here but sorry again it wont repeat:) .
<removed further personal attack>

Last edited by a moderator:

they actually spawn ...approx each certain time, it seems, and randomly in the mobs area spawns... as the rarer version which you can then find and tame

Are the rarer versions any harder to tame than the normal ones?

generally rarer versions are harder to tame than the normal ones due the own resistance to the taming process (spirit go down harder than in common version mob, while HP looks the same of common version mob) imo.

I see that there are now Sapphire Atrox around ..... I guess it's possible that I could have killed one without noticing.

Yes, it could be possible; people likes to kill BlueAtrox maybe, it could be the reason of only 2 Sapphire Atrox Pup (Pet) ingame atm, it seems (mine and the first one discovered 4 months ago).

Yes, it could be possible; people likes to kill BlueAtrox maybe, it could be the reason of only 2 Sapphire Atrox Pup (Pet) ingame atm, it seems (mine and the first one discovered 4 months ago).

I hope that I would have noticed, but when I'm mission grinding, I basically sit there and hit the "next" button whenever I hear the loot sound. Mostly, I'm watching tv or reading PCF, so who knows. Guess I'll have to start paying more attention. :laugh:

Ah, the seagulls. Gotta love the seagulls. Same thing happens on RT. Get a global on Pop Dragons, and suddenly the skies are filled with VTOLs. :laugh:

I spawned that way Billy Jean Ruby :laugh:

<removed>

As an aside, its pretty funny that a person basically admits to long term surveillance of an area, but then expects people to believe that the items pop based on a timer only. No. Its kill count based. The timer is illusory, as the same folks are out there taming every day, and they play at the same times.

Umm, guys... Getting a little off topic here.

I already said what i think about spawning rares <removed>

I already said what i think about spawning rares <removed>

What you think? I thought you could prove me wrong? Now it's just an opinion? All this bluster over your opinion?

<removed>

Mine is also an opinion, which I believe I said earlier on. However its at least founded in some factual knowledge. I put together one of these predictive spawn types on my island. The Combibo Brood Mother was the first mob to have this kind of intelligence. I suggested the methodology behind it, and while that methodology can be changed around a few predictive factors, I understand the actual, factual mechanics behind it.

Time can be one of many predictive factors, but I guarantee you its not the primary one. If anything, the time trigger is overridden by the kill count. If a certain kill count is not achieved, the trigger waits until that kill count is achieved.

If they're using the system I devised for my island, which they probably are, there are multiple contributing factors at play, these contributing factors can include time, geography, kill counts, maturities, and even all of the above for multiple mob types simultaneously if they want to get creative.

A clue on how creative this process can be: In the original iteration of the island design, Hiryuu were spawned based off of how many combibo were killed. They did not independently spawn. Killing rippersnapper in the waters would cause the Hiryuu spawn rate to delay. The idea was to simulate ecology. The hiryuu would spawn to feed off of carrion and fish, but if fish were removed the food supply would be presumably reduced, resulting in starvation of the birds. I dont know if this mechanic is still in effect. Some things were changed about 2 months into the island because it was a little too dangerous. Spawn rates were reduced, and other tweaks were made.

<removed>

entropia_2015-10-19_12-53-29-85.jpg

Btw, here's my skills in whip, as of right now. I know they're not the greatest, but they're not exactly noob level, either.

Where the fuck is a mod when you need one??

I sent them a note and told them that they could just close this thread if they wanted to. We can discuss the actual topic in a new thread.

Where the fuck is a mod when you need one??

/mod note/
This one was asleep. If members insist on getting into flamewars at 4am AEST, then the rest of you will just have to wait til I'm awake to deal with it (unless 711 happens to be available).

Please continue to discuss the topic in this thread rather than start a new one.
:topic:

I found and tamed a Sapphire Devil! :wtg:
I decided to go out taming in order to increase my skills to eventually be able to tame troxies (just because) and I ran into one among a few others (not bunched, just regular spawn spread).
He was tougher to tame than the regular ones -- I had to let him heal up so I wouldn't accidentally kill him.

Yup. First time that happened to me it was a bit of a surprise. I ended up killing the mob after the first tame attempt failed. Since then I've been playing with different whips when I find them. The goal is to try to find an efficient combination that allows for a hassle free tame.

hello
i found and tamed only one silver kanin, maybe one week after the release; and since, i see only common mobs.
i tried to visit the island until i find one, nothing.
the same, taming every mob on my way, nothing.
find a place, stop moving and tame only the few spawns around, nothing.
call a crazy friend with his rocket launcher who killed everything on the island,and the respawn, and the respawn ...(with always a look to check if a rare one is here) ... nothing.

for the first and only one i got, i was just taming, gone afk 5 min and when i came back, the silver was spawned, just in front of me (playing with my bristelhog).

all this to say that/ 1, i have no idea about how they spawn, but yes they spawn; and 2, i think that it would be better to have it in the loot when taming and not a particular rare spawn.
i mean, you find and tame a mob, and when you succes, then you see if it's a common or rare one.
and with this, a lot of new variety pets can be added without having to create the mob and program the spawn rate.

Ok, once they have spawned, assuming nobody finds them, how long do they stay spawned? Forever? Until the next server reset? Some fixed amount of time?

I was killing Eviscerators in the volcanic crater outside of Cyclops depths and I managed to spawn 2 Mulcibers. I learned the hard way to stay away from them. The first one spawned yesterday and has been there for more than 24 hours. Assuming they never die off, I should theoretically be able to fill the crater up with them.

Back