Naysayer 1, DoA 0 - game over

Status

DoA

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Daughter of Anarchy
I don't go over myself and imagine anyone will care much about this post; but just felt is better to be said, than not said.

I am at point in my EU existence where I can say I’m quite happy with myself – I managed to come with a plan which has the premises to be both enjoyable and (at least slightly) profitable, pretty much I have the consistency I always dreamed about (not only in EU, but, generally in all my games) and the (relative) safety that, as long as I stick with the plan, I can’t really go on red.

However, at the same time, I started to be more and more disappointed about the community; I religiously read both Arkadia Forum and Planet Calypso Forum every morning and it is quite obviously that there is a lot of negativity going there – starting with the constant whiners and crying babies and ending with the haters that dislike everything, even posts like this.

With each and every post I made, either on forums or on blog, I tried (at the best of my humble abilities) to help promote the game that I love and to bring a positive attitude in every discussion; however I received so much negativity (which probably culminated with this post) that I just come to the point where I can say that I had enough of this [Common Dung] and I can no longer justify spending any more of my time trying to help the community. That's the reason why I decided to stop posting (both here and on forums) anything other than my monthly log and my trading threads, as well as delete all "editorial" posts from the blog.

Please don't try to change my mind because it will be anyway a futile attempt (when I make my mind to something, I don't do it under the impulse of the moment, but after quite a lot of judgement and I don't let others change my decission), but, instead, save your energy and show some more appreciation to the next person who will stand in my shoes.

Last edited:
It always takes some (inner) strength to be different than others and go against the well established "status quo".
Then again, things that don't require any real effort are too boring to bother.

Every time you come out with some posts about you are going to quit because you are disagree with someone or something.

If you think you are doing well, go ahead and don't care about whining and negative ppl.

You can't pretend ppl act like in the way you would like to, every person is different and anyone in his way brings his value

And, if the thing that make you quit is a "dislike" assignet to your post, plz.. dont wast anymore my time... (i cheked the link after i already read and wrote)..

GL.

Did you get a lot of negative rep on both this forum and arkadia?

I like the fact that the +/- reps can't be publicly seen on this forum unlike some of the other planet forums because everyone has their own opinions about stuff.

It is interesting you compare the populations of both forums given i expect most of the arkadian members are newer to the game whereas calypso perhaps the average account age is a little older. It is interesting if the attitudes towards posts are similar :laugh:

Last edited:
Every time you come out with some posts about you are going to quit because you are disagree with someone or something.

If you think you are doing well, go ahead and don't care about whining and negative ppl.

You can't pretend ppl act like in the way you would like to, every person is different and anyone in his way brings his value

And, if the thing that make you quit is a "dislike" assignet to your post, plz.. dont wast anymore my time... (i cheked the link after i already read and wrote)..

GL.

I didn't said I'll gonna quit... as I said, my game is going just fine (and that without asking or expecting someone else paying for my mistakes like other people did in the past), so I'll keep playing; what I did said was that I'll stop investing (or probably better said wasting) my time trying to create posts (both on blog and on forum) which to help / educate / motivate people.

Initially I posted all my ideas on forums, had a bunch of people criticizing without bringing any arguments and even going down the route of ad-homminem attacks, so I decided to stop posting on forums and just post on blog; yet, people (like you) continued to jump on me (now why I do post on blog and not on forums).

That's why I now took the decision to stop caring and stop doing it completely... I just can't find a justification for it... when I do spend a few hours documenting and writing an article and I get more criticism than appreciation, is obvious that my work is not appreciated and I can make better use for my time.

So, I'll do exactly what you suggested... "don't waste your time anymore"... and just post trading threads, like everyone else.

Did you get a lot of negative rep on both this forum and arkadia?

I like the fact that the +/- reps can't be publicly seen on this forum unlike some of the other planet forums because everyone has their own opinions about stuff.

It is interesting you compare the populations of both forums given i expect most of the arkadian members are newer to the game whereas calypso perhaps the average account age is a little older. It is interesting if the attitudes towards posts are similar :laugh:

I wouldn't say a lot (actually, if I would count the positive ratings I received on all three of my Arkadia forum accounts, I would be in top 5 "most popular users", and here on PCF I only got -rep by just four people, but each one repeatedly), but just enough of them (and quite a few going down the personal attacks route).

Also, when I got positive ratings it was mostly for dumb, funny posts I made, and hardly got enough appreciation for the articles/research for which I actually spent hours writing, and well, I just don't want to be a "clown".

Last edited:
Just my 2 cents here......

I saw the links. I have to admit, someone being a Monria Mentor and Community advisor talking to someone from the community like that..... really sad to see. No proffesionalism at all and bad representation of Monria.

However, I have seen this a few times. As Antrace said, people are different, they think different, they see things different. Whenever you encounter someone who sees things differently you immediatly go on the offense and try to change that persons mind. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. Whenever it doesn't work you for some reason can't accept that, you say "Let's agree to disagree" but you actually never do. You get yourself in trouble the entire time by this kind of stuff, everyone needs to accept how you are but you seemingly are not able to accept how other people are.
Whenever you see "injustice" being brought upon you, you always want to pick a fight, proving you are right. You usually bring it to the forum, blog or the chats depending on what it is and where it happened. Usually these fights are about "the rules" which ,in most cases, weren't too specific because they are made by people for people to determine boundries within they think things can be fun. Not to be picked apart and bent to favor someone and then make a fuzz about it. If someone does that to you, it's not being taken lightly either, yet you seem to forget that other event makers are also people just like you.

Then we come to the fact that this seems to be your third "I quit" post. Every single time you make a new avatar, the things I said up here are being repeated by you. You take the same route, you do the same things, you make the same drama. Every single time you made a new avatar (which I am aware off) I actually warned you in PM's to not make the same mistakes like you did before. High and mighty you always said that the difference is in the details..... it's not..... All this stress you are accumulating is basically the result of your own actions. Granted some of the responses I see you get from people are totally undeserved and even childish, but usually in the way it is brought, not in the message they want to bring across.

That was kind of my thing. You can agree or disagree, that is up to you. Whichever road you are going to follow now, good luck with it.

Wzzls
Waus

da-ti doua palme si revino-ti rapid fata draga. Plangaciosi o sa fie intotdeauna. Incearca si tu sa iei chestiile frumoase la comentat.

--------------------------
/mod note/ Google Translate:
"give yourself two hands and a grip fast front dear. A whiny always be. You try to take things beautiful commented."

In future, please post in English, as required by Rule 2.1

Last edited by a moderator:
Then we come to the fact that this seems to be your third "I quit" post. Every single time you make a new avatar, the things I said up here are being repeated by you. You take the same route, you do the same things, you make the same drama. Every single time you made a new avatar (which I am aware off) I actually warned you in PM's to not make the same mistakes like you did before. High and mighty you always said that the difference is in the details..... it's not..... All this stress you are accumulating is basically the result of your own actions. Granted some of the responses I see you get from people are totally undeserved and even childish, but usually in the way it is brought, not in the message they want to bring across.

Once again, as I said two times already, I don't intend to quit (not even a tiny bit).

All I said is that based on the lack of appreciation I got from my efforts within the community (or at least compared with what I expected / considered I deserve), I just decided to stop spending/wasting my time, trying to "spread my wisdom" around.

If anything, less time spent on blog and or forums, would mean more times I'll can spend in game, so quite the opposite of "quitting".

Yet, I definitely give you credit for one thing - I do have this tendency to try to step up and "enlighten" people around me, even when they don't want or asked for that; but, again, by stop posting, I will stop doing that too, so looks like one more reason for it. ;)

Last edited:
You need to be more sovereign in dealing with disagreement. People always say what they want. If you allow them to determine your actions this way, you are not free and will lose out every time. Then it's a mere statistical chance until the next one trampling on your nerves drives you out of every community you enter, or shuts you up at least. We all have our soft spots, and you can be assured that someone either unwittingly or gleefully finds and stomps on them. Online people are even more ruthless than in face-to-face settings.

It can be difficult to deal with when you're young and/or sensitive in certain areas, then it takes getting hurt a lot until you harden. If you can somehow manage to keep the reign over your reactions, it will be easier. At any rate, don't let others decide that for you.

I said already elsewhere that it's a bit unfortunate that the forum mechanism doesn't allow to distinguish between a respectful disagreement which should not count against your reputation, and a genuine disapproval of behaviour. But then, how much value do you attach to this number... It is just rubber points that don't buy you anything. Not worth losing a minute of sleep, imo.

You need to be more sovereign in dealing with disagreement. People always say what they want. If you allow them to determine your actions this way, you are not free and will lose out every time. Then it's a mere statistical chance until the next one trampling on your nerves drives you out of every community you enter, or shuts you up at least. We all have our soft spots, and you can be assured that someone either unwittingly or gleefully finds and stomps on them. Online people are even more ruthless than in face-to-face settings.

It can be difficult to deal with when you're young and/or sensitive in certain areas, then it takes getting hurt a lot until you harden. If you can somehow manage to keep the reign over your reactions, it will be easier. At any rate, don't let others decide that for you.

I said already elsewhere that it's a bit unfortunate that the forum mechanism doesn't allow to distinguish between a respectful disagreement which should not count against your reputation, and a genuine disapproval of behaviour. But then, how much value do you attach to this number... It is just rubber points that don't buy you anything. Not worth losing a minute of sleep, imo.

What you say is really wise, at least to a point, still...

Problem is that posting on forums (especially making well documented posts, which I spent quite a lot of my time preparing) is definitely not something I've done out of passion, but just an effort I was doing, trying to make the game / the forums / the community a better place.

And while I never expected any one to give me recognition for the fact that I play EU (which is rewarding by itself), I kinda did expected to get recognition, appreciation, praises, whatever for the effort I was doing and for the time sacrifice I was making for the "greater good" (and which is not rewarding by itself).

Now, of course, anyone can come and just say "well, I don't remember asking you to do that effort and sacrifice in the first place" and they would be mostly right, and that's exactly the reason why I don't really try to point fingers at anyone specifically.

Is just that I done these efforts expecting a certain amount of recognition and appreciation which (in my eyes) would have made my time sacrifices worthy, I haven't got that, so I just take a step back and stop doing that; not gonna quit the game or anything, not gonna stop doing my own little studies and researches, just that I can't find any reason to keep sharing them. That's all; nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:
I kinda did expected to get recognition, appreciation, praises, whatever for the effort I was doing and for the time sacrifice I was making for the "greater good" (and which is not rewarding by itself).

Therein lies the flaw. It is even a logical fallacy, which I believe you will see. That you work for the "greater good" is awesome, but if you expect any form of gratification for it, it is no longer for the greater good, but for your own ego. Furthermore, you expect to be rewarded for something nobody asked and offered a reward for. Disappointment is programmed. If this makes sense to you, your heart will become lighter again.

Reactions: DoA
Is just that I done these efforts expecting a certain amount of recognition and appreciation which (in my eyes) would have made my time sacrifices worthy,

Why even care what others say, provided you don't interfere with their own enjoyment? If you feel like doing something good, do it and walk away without looking back. If the act alone doesn't satisfy you, don't waste your time at all.

Therein lies the flaw. It is even a logical fallacy, which I believe you will see. That you work for the "greater good" is awesome, but if you expect any form of gratification for it, it is no longer for the greater good, but for your own ego. Furthermore, you expect to be rewarded for something nobody asked and offered a reward for. Disappointment is programmed. If this makes sense to you, your heart will become lighter again.

Totally agree with that. :)

I was delusional in the first place. Just because I try to give credit and show my appreciation to anyone doing this kind of things (bloggers, youtubers, streamers, etc), I expected to get the same kind of recognition back. And yeah, you're once again right, it was (at least partially) for my own ego too, but not only that - I really thought it can be a win-win situation - people reading some (hopefully) interesting posts and me getting my ego feed.

And it wasn't clear (at least to me) from the very beginning that it won't work; just like with anything else in life, if you don't try something it is sure to not get it working, while if you do try, you may or you may not make it work. In this case, for me, I tried and it didn't worked, so it only makes sense to stop doing it since I don't get the "reward" I was seeking/expecting; that's all, really not trying to put the blame on anyone.

The reason why I made this post was just to point that many (if not most / all), broadcasters are also a bit narcissistic persons looking for some appreciation (some maybe even some profits via advertising), so if the community wants to have more people sacrificing their time on promoting (via one medium or another) the game, it may be wise to show them a bit more appreciation than I was shown, so, hopefully, they will last longer. Is also the reason why I always like, subscribe, click on ads on all blogs / youtube channels / video streams I can find about EU - showing my recognition for their efforts.

Last edited:
So

I've noticed the same thing. I would estimate that 80% of the posts I read on here are from people who only whine and bitch. It's ridiculous in my opinion because most of the people who play this game are adults. I've never seen such a large group of whiny people. Another thing is that many, many people are also narcissistic on here and only hear themselves and only value their own ideas and disregard others'. So to those people I say, fine, don't be nice I don't care about that. BUT DON'T GO OUT OF YOUR WAY TO FUCKING WHINE. For instance, people commenting about how X isn't worth what a person is selling it for. Okay great, that's your opinion but if you didn't intend on buying it (obviously) why are you commenting on it? Were you elected to be the judge and therefore protector of this forum and all it's Entropia playing citizens?

Anyways,

For me, you can argue a point and disagree all you want and that is fine but when you start WHINING you can go fuck off. Don't invest into the community, invest into people you like and like talking to on Entropia instead.

So, you are disappointed in the community.

I'm sorry, but no sympathy from me. Saying you have mental issues, but don't want to be treated as a special snowflake was your worst idea. You are one of those snowflakes that need to be treated specially, because what happened now is that respectful people to those issues would have treated you with a bit more care. (me)

I agree with OP, that there's way too much negativity on this forum.

Maybe we should form a society for Entropia Lovers. :D
Who knows, if we name it "MA is great" they might even throw us some extra nice loot. (Naaah :D)

Anyway, keep up the good spirit, and remember to have fun, and that in-game the attitude is usually a bit more positive than here.

you have mental issues

That is soo low and soo typically you (also, not the first time you do it), that is not even worth commenting; just please have a minimum common sense and stop here.

Last edited:
I got minus rep from you (DoA) for my last statement, but I am not insulting you. You have said it yourself on the forums before you have OCD (and one or two other issues if I'm not mistaken) - with as a result that it has helped shape your personality which other people commented on in this topic as well.

It is not a low blow, it's the truth of how I have responded to you in the past and why. Would you rather have me talk sh!t about you behind your back?

I know you cannot deal with people who don't seem to think the way you do, and oppose them and almost instantly feel insulted. But if I ask you a normal question or make a honest statement, I can guarantee you get up in arms to defend yourself or feel instantly insulted and think minus rep or w/e will be the best way to combat me. TBF - I couldn't care less. I am just opposing you in hopes you start trying to see things from other people's perception, because I personally think that you are missing in that department. And I know you will do nothing with that, yet I try to make comments like this to broaden your view on people and social interaction.

Disclaimer 1: This is my personal opinion.
Disclaimer 2: I got no personal beef with you DoA, I just question your motifs and actions sometimes.

I got minus rep from you (DoA) for my last statement, but I am not insulting you. You have said it yourself on the forums before you have OCD (and one or two other issues if I'm not mistaken) - with as a result that it has helped shape your personality which other people commented on in this topic as well.

1. A self-diagnosed OCD and relative inability to empathize with people doesn't really qualify as "mental issues"; I have a perfectly fine normal life, I am under no treatment and I don't have any kind of restrictions that you would typically expect from someone with "mental issues". So your affirmation was both misleading and insulting.

2. And, anyway, when I talked about that it was on a different place, not on Planet Calypso Forum, and, if anything, I don't think it was up to you to bring it up here.

It is not a low blow, it's the truth of how I have responded to you in the past and why. Would you rather have me talk sh!t about you behind your back?

I got no personal beef with you DoA, I just question your motifs and actions sometimes.

In our last private chat (when you jumped on me because I have disliked one of your answers to a post I made on Arkadia forum) we both agreed that we just don't like each other and that the best thing would be to just ignore each other and mind our own business. Ever since then I respected my part of the deal - I never start talking with (or about) you, commenting on your forum threads (except one time when I asked for a price on a sales thread), negatively rate a post of yours (except the case it was in my thread) or anything like that, yet you used each and every possible occasion to publicly attack (or, to use your own words, publicly question my motifs and actions) both on forums and on in-game chat. So what I would rather want (and always wanted) was to just not mind my business, the same way I don't mind yours; I can't believe I'm such an important person in your life that you just can't get over me.

Last edited:
I've noticed the same thing. I would estimate that 80% of the posts I read on here are from people who only whine and bitch. It's ridiculous in my opinion because most of the people who play this game are adults.

Well, there is no verification of age when creating an account ..
I have nothing against young gamer but PE is primarily a money game, an environment which can become very addictive for some.

Why do you have 3 arkadia forum accounts?
Why do you think people should give you credit for something not wanted or asked for?
What's the point of promoting this game on a forum that's only read by people who play already?
If anything it looks like based on this and other threads you have created, we can lump you into that same group of whiners posting here and on Ark forums.

Why do you have 3 arkadia forum accounts?

Quit the game twice (to be honest they were more like testing the waters, this is my first avatar that lasted more than two months), asked for previous avatars deletion and started over.

Asked for forum name change to match my in-game name, told that was not possible, but was allowed to make a new account (and the old ones were deactivated).

At no moment I didn't had neither two avatars, neither two forum accounts; it always was sequential, with the "authorities" being notified and without breaking any rules (neither game or forum ones).

Why do you think people should give you credit for something not wanted or asked for?

That was a logical fallacy I take responsibility for; as I already said myself, I deceived myself into thinking they will, just because I do give credit for similar things.

What's the point of promoting this game on a forum that's only read by people who play already?

What I did on forums was to try to generate a more positive attitude and show that EU is actually a nice game, that can be both fun and profitable, and that MA and the PP are actually doing quite a lot of good things in here (in opposition with the constant blaming put on them).

When I talked about promotion, I refered to my blog, my youtube channeled (now private) and to the various other gaming forums from my country (like forum.computergames.ro) where I praised the game.

If anything it looks like based on this and other threads you have created, we can lump you into that same group of whiners posting here and on Ark forums.

I might have been disappointed many times about the community and I was vocal about it, but I never talked bad about game, game mechanics or developers; if anything, I always said that "I love the game, I hate the community".

Last edited:
I volunteer for and am a director for an Alternative sexuality organization, we are a non-profit. I do this to help others, it is that help that I get out of volunteering, not recognition, not rewards not even a thank you, at least I don't expect these things to make it worth it for me to help my community.

Some people have their stuff together, some don't and most fall somewhere in that spectrum between the two. For those closer to the former I offer:

I'm the kind of guy who for the most part manages to smile pretty much 24/7, rain or sunshine and if my life have taught me anything its that ignoring negativity is a very useful skill to have. There will always be people who will look at things in a negative way and who gladly expresses that whichever way they can.

My best advice would be whats in my signature:
A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery while on a detour.

Hopefully you can find a happy medium on the forum, i personally come and go quite a lot.

Cheers
Zweshi

MA are actually doing quite a lot of good things

:lolup:

I'm all for spreading positivity, but don't spread these lies and slander the bad name of MA!

I'm all for spreading positivity, but don't spread these lies and slander the bad name of MA!

I really do believe from all my heart that EU is a great game and that MA is doing a lot of good things.

And the best proof in this direction is the fact that I choose to be here, that I pick Entropia Universe over any other game.

And I can assure you that in the very first day when I'd be convinced that I can find a better game, I would just move on, without any regrets and without looking back (just like I do now with the forums). And I really think that any normal person would do the same; when an activity would no (longer) provide you enough satisfaction, is just wise to let it go and move on with your life.

Now, out of sheer curiosity, if you (or anyone else) from the naysayers camp doesn't share this perspective and, instead, really think that EU su**s and that MA does such a cra**y job then why you are still here and you didn't already "voted with your wallet" and moved on to a better game?

Last edited:
I used to write all my posts in pink and someone neg repped me for it. So I stopped using pink and stopped replying in many threads. It's just how the people in here are. With age you learn to pick your battles and this one isn't worth it for me. (Or you :))

I used to write all my posts in pink and someone neg repped me for it. So I stopped using pink and stopped replying in many threads. It's just how the people in here are. With age you learn to pick your battles and this one isn't worth it for me. (Or you :))

LMAO. Someone should create a post, where we can share our most beloved neg reps.

Recently got neg repped because my "every other post is spam".

Some people are pathetic, and take this forum (and this game) WAAAAY too seriously.

well you see DoA, youre here labeling people that dont agree with you "naysayers".

Whenever someone doesnt agree with your perspective you try your best to proove them wrong, its like youre always right and everyone that doesnt agree with you is in the wrong.
In the other thread I didnt want to argue with you anylonger as I saw where thats leading, you just couldnt accept me standing behind what I think and you resort to neg rep.

Youre 16 years old ffs, and you think youve inherated all the brains of this world. Im over twice your age and theres people playing the game probably 3 times as old as you are, yet you make it look like others dont know anything.

You have a lot of things to learn in life missy, one of them being, not to expose yourself on the internet as much as you do.

Status
Back