i want to see this player banned

Status
Surely if MA allow this guy to keep this ATH then aren't they agreeing to trapping by consent?

Don't see how they could then ask other players not to trap.

But then if they do in fact remove the ATH from the guy could he then challenge them legally?

This could get very messy, surely someone saw this coming.

Personally I think the money should be returned and the player warned. Then they should either sort this loophole out or make it very clear to all players maybe at logon that if caught trapping you will be banned.

Zapforker said:
MA should place a Turret in this Area
i guess only 10 min. work copy/paste code and place a minipatch

wow what a simple solution , I wonder why MA didnt think of it :rolleyes:

well if this fucker gets to keep his ATH Im gonna start trapping them to, well at least until I get 'monitor who-ever-the-fuck' to come and chat with me, seems it will be the only way we'll get any type of feedback from MA on this.

Don't ban the guy!

First of all, the posts regarding the avatars equipment is simply assuming he wore gremlin and some other medium crap stuff at the scene of the crime. For all u know he could have eon and an imp fap and marco's gun. Not likely, but possible and swapped because he like to stirr things or whatever.

Second off, if I had won that ATH in that fashion, Id be laughing my ass off.

Thirdly, if he gets banned for a flaw in EU, then EU is a screwed place to be and I strongly suggest we all quit.
Mindark must take into account that anything possible ingame/inworld must be accepted as their responsibility, not the users.
If terms in the EULA where broken, then the user must face the consequences. Regardless of flaws, the user is still bound by the EULA.
Here the real question is if the user had been warned once. If so, banning is most likely going to be the result of this, else, the user goes free, has his/her ATH and there isn't a damn thing anyone can do about it, apart from keeping a decent attitude toward this person.

I find the tactic arguable, the circumstances disturbing and the end effect possibly cataclysmic.
Too bad for all of us that can't break even. Every day I am frustrated by this, and find it damn annoying that some exploit allows some other to "steal" from me, but the frustration should be directed to Mindark, not at the lucky user that got the big wallop.

I would really like to interview this person and post it online for the rest of the would be cheaters and scammers as an open invitation to screw up the rest of EU for a quick buck. If Mindark omits to respond soberly to this political aftermath, there will be floods of wannabe smartasses joining in from all over the world just to earn some bucks, ruining it for us that are ecstatic to just break even once in a while.

We all saw it coming, we all knew how we would react, and now the bomb exploded...
What in all hells did you expect?!

Tie

Mirand said:
well said etopia.

Indeed, well said Etopia.

Edit - and Tie

tiebender said:
First of all, the posts regarding the avatars equipment is simply assuming he wore gremlin and some other medium crap stuff at the scene of the crime. For all u know he could have eon and an imp fap and marco's gun. Not likely, but possible and swapped because he like to stirr things or whatever.

sorry this is not the point, even in cronicle/shad or whatever this guy with <150 hp cannot kill a stalker PERIOD

tiebender said:
Thirdly, if he gets banned for a flaw in EU, then EU is a screwed place to be and I strongly suggest we all quit.
Mindark must take into account that anything possible ingame/inworld must be accepted as their responsibility, not the users.
If terms in the EULA where broken, then the user must face the consequences. Regardless of flaws, the user is still bound by the EULA.
Here the real question is if the user had been warned once. If so, banning is most likely going to be the result of this, else, the user goes free, has his/her ATH and there isn't a damn thing anyone can do about it, apart from keeping a decent attitude toward this person.

I find the tactic arguable, the circumstances disturbing and the end effect possibly cataclysmic.
Too bad for all of us that can't break even. Every day I am frustrated by this, and find it damn annoying that some exploit allows some other to "steal" from me, but the frustration should be directed to Mindark, not at the lucky user that got the big wallop.

I would really like to interview this person and post it online for the rest of the would be cheaters and scammers as an open invitation to screw up the rest of EU for a quick buck. If Mindark omits to respond soberly to this political aftermath, there will be floods of wannabe smartasses joining in from all over the world just to earn some bucks, ruining it for us that are ecstatic to just break even once in a while.

We all saw it coming, we all knew how we would react, and now the bomb exploded...
What in all hells did you expect?!

Tie

and yes EULA was broken and if this player goes free, Im reconsidering playing EU this type of thing fucks my view of MA and it seems to happen on a monthly basis. Last nite when I logged I was ecstatic about the coming VU, I'm happy with loots was down a little but no big deal, I was happy my ammo has stopped vanishing mid hunt. All the good points gone replaced with a big WTF they did it again :( when the fuck will these ppl learn that they cannot take the piss and expect us to stand here and eat it each time :mad:

Etopia said:
Option C :
Ban the poor dude that is luckyer than other cheater and crusifix him for the holly sake of the glorious anger player.
Nothing need to be done.

Advantage cost nothing, just send the usual PR blabla with " we put back the loot in loot pool"

disavantage : no disavantage , just make an other trap at other place next VU like we have done all time...

This is more like Plan A of Option B if things go horribly wrong ;-)

Plan B would be to start work on Option A :p

like pll know i have bine ther done that

and the trat is used by noob`s aswell uber hunters for less decay

Arenatrox Stakler hits whit 299-368dmg whitout armor 133on shadow

and just that all pll know ther is 2traps out ther and not just 1 1in SE and 1 NW coner

all i can say is MA dont care if pll trap or not becus even that i sold out or gave my stuff away i can still use my acc

Are we missing the point here?

The blame for the ATH lies entirely with MA and not with the avatar concerned.

The spider-trapping fiasco came to light ages ago. MindArk knew about it almost straight away (almost certainly before the average person reading this did).

They had a chance at the time to (a) temporarily remove spiders from the game while they investigated, (b) relocate spiders to flat areas such as south of Cape Corinth or just about anywhere on Ithaca Island, or (c) make it impossible for anyone with low skills to get big loots from spiders.

They did nothing except tell people not to trap spiders! This was (and is) not a sustainable solution. It's frankly laughable. (If I drop my armor at Twin Peaks TP and tell people to not run off with it, what will happen? I can avoid this situation by not dropping my armor in the first place!)

Well done to the avatar with the ATH. Thumbs down to MA as they did not (and have not) taken the correct action. The solution is not to ban an avatar (or avatars), it is simply to change the code of the game they have created!

:laugh: This is so funny.

I think it's great he got that ATH from trapping a Spider (if he did).
MA could have solved this matter a long time ago, like redesign the place or as others have said, put a turret up and problem solved.

We are in a "virtual universe" and if he managed to trap the spider because MA has made an fault in the design, then it's MA's problem, not the trapper.

But, if he get's to keep the ATH from trapping, i suggest we all go spider trapping tonight as it's not our problem that MA has screwed up.

We live in the "virtual universe" and use everything we can to survive, if MA don't do anything about their screw up, then hell thats their problem.

I know many übers are pissed about this, because they have all the fancy expencive equipment, but don't blame the trapper, take it up with MA :wise:

So anyone going spider trapping tonight? :laugh:

Goldtop said:
Surely if MA allow this guy to keep this ATH then aren't they agreeing to trapping by consent?

Don't see how they could then ask other players not to trap.

But then if they do in fact remove the ATH from the guy could he then challenge them legally?

This could get very messy, surely someone saw this coming.

Personally I think the money should be returned and the player warned. Then they should either sort this loophole out or make it very clear to all players maybe at logon that if caught trapping you will be banned.

the player that got the ATH is playing since 4 years ago ( as iv seen posted ).
you can imagine the ammount of USD he lost in EU .
his 100 agil is not easy at all to aquire.
we dont know yet how he managed to kill that spider.
but for sure , this case rinses a question : MA, if you take my ATH away, what about the others who had ATH or uber hofs and uber items from trapped spiders ? what about the ones who took advantages from exploits and now they profit on me , based on their skills ?

and one cannot challenge MA legally .

question : what if this were to happen AFTER THE ATM CARD BEING IN USE ?

Wow, will you all (those that said it) really quit over it? If so MA better take note of the depositers (and the future withdrawers) that could leave.

Back to the topic,

I myself concidered trying trapping when I first heard of it, I read more into it and decided it wasnt right to do it as trapping is cheating and I want to get far in EU without cheating. It did also occur that I may get an ATH if i did it or a Global and people would know what I had done (i certainly cant kill a spider in Boar let alone gremlin and my health is weak too I think)

MA can fix this by either fixing the landscape or moving/removing the bugs (lol spiders) from there. They can create the New Oxford ghost town but cant level a bit of landscape, c'mon. If you dont condone it MA remove the posibility cos its not the AI's fault its the landscape, and if ATH's do come from MA's pocket MA just got scammed!

Perhaps a player run camping of Ithica or somewhere is needed to get action

Well what have we here?

Someone trapping spiders who hit the jackpot and caused a meltdown in the community.

There is one clear fact here - he got an awful lot of peds and some people are confusing jealousy with justice. But it is a justice that is technically permitted by MA who seem almost paralyzed at the prospect of finding software solutions to some of the most pressing / controversial issues. :wise:

Now, what if he was killing spiders like this, not getting any loot and someone 'exposed' him as they have done here with screenies? ;)

If he has not yet been warned, then that is the option. The loot is not legit so it should be returned and while they are at it, trawl the logs and pluck out peds from anyone who has gained from spiders like this since MA's announcement :laugh:

But dont burn this guy at the stake...I once trapped a feffoid and got 20 pec:)

the guy just got an ATH, grats to him. If he gets banned for it thats pathetic. He should only get banned if he personally got a warning from an official before this ATH. There have been a lot of people trapping these spiders and they only got a warning. If this guy gets banned because he got an ATH thats very sad indeed.

If this event shows anything its only that MA should start working on fixing their bugs instead of just leaning back and watch our money flow into their accounts. Removing those spiders would have taken 1 hour work max. By not doing so they are saying people can kill the spider whenever they like. Its like keeping an abandoned shop with the doors wide open and expect everyone to put the money on the counter when they take something. Its stupid.

No, I will not quite over this issue ALONE, but its definetly a bigass addition to a glass thats already about to overflow..

Tigerman said:
No, I will not quite over this issue ALONE, but its definetly a bigass addition to a glass thats already about to overflow..

and you do think MA will complain and cry you quit while you dont deposit and more , withdraw lots of cash on regular basis ( as you like to remind us) ...

What that would be in MA head ...
Great that one is gone , more bandwith for an other dude that will com with fat wallet...
lets drop and other ATH to som other traped mobs to get rid of som more withdrawer.

Etopia said:
and you do think MA will complain and cry you quit while you dont deposit and more , withdraw lots of cash on regular basis ( as you like to remind us) ...

Great that one is gone , more bandwith for an other dude that will com with fat wallet...
lets drop and other ATH to som other traped mobs to get rid of som more withdrawer.
Sadly, that is probably exactly what theill think.. They have forgotten the fact that if it wherent for the old players from beta/cot and to some extent early gold, there would be no PE.. Well, there kinda aint no PE anyways as they decided to call it EU..

Hmm... has the guy posted a response yet? I wonder what his take on this whole thing is.

I'm familiar with the name (ingame and forums), so I'm eager to see a post from him.

Etopia said:

Of all the whining posts on this thread Etopia is the only one it seems who sees it as it is!
Face facts if its not allowed MA would stop it and all these calls for the person to be banned are just sad. If MA cant change it to stop it from happening we have more issues to worry about.

Its funny how the people who usually tell people to STFU about complaining are now doing it themselves. I hope the guy doesnt get banned and all you sad whinging uber wanna be's leave. it will only make EU better.

Dont let the door hit you on the way out :wave: :laugh:

jonboy said:
Of all the whining posts on this thread Etopia is the only one it seems who sees it as it is!
Face facts if its not allowed MA would stop it and all these calls for the person to be banned are just sad. If MA cant change it to stop it from happening we have more issues to worry about.

Its funny how the people who usually tell people to STFU about complaining are now doing it themselves. I hope the guy doesnt get banned and all you sad whinging uber wanna be's leave. it will only make EU better.

Dont let the door hit you on the way out :wave: :laugh:
1. Welcome to my shitlist
2. MA HAVE tried to stop trappers (altho in a not too great manner) and HAVE warned trappers that they will be banned
3. If you dont see that MA need ubers and especially "wannabe-ubers" that deposit 1000s of dollars, youve missed out on quite major parts of the concept of this universe..

Simple solution

Here's an idea, how about having a no loot area in the trapping places (very simple If statement for their programmers, they seem to know how to handle no loot by far too good) that way noobs can go there and take vengence on the spider for doing 400 damage in their pixies and everybody is happy!!!!
A) Noobs take pride & vengence(Dont take me wrong but yes i want to kill one of those not with trapping but certainly not with spending 2years+10K$)
B) MA takes their average 70ped+ per stalker
C) the rest dont feel sick about it, furthuremore couldn't care less
D) for those able to kill one, they get more peds out of it, and far less "no loots"

Now for the other guy, big gratz IF and only IF he took it down without a trap...I shure wish 88k came out of one of the Drones Gen1 I was chasing last night.

Tigerman said:
1. Welcome to my shitlist
2. MA HAVE tried to stop trappers (altho in a not too great manner) and HAVE warned trappers that they will be banned
3. If you dont see that MA need ubers and especially "wannabe-ubers" that deposit 1000s of dollars, youve missed out on quite major parts of the concept of this universe..

1) Take you shitlist and kindly insert it into your ass might stop you talking as most the stuff you say is BS or based around how good you think you are
2) If MA really didnt want it to happen they would make it impossible to happen.
3) MA dont need Ubers they need continous fresh blood! without new people the game is dead! So i hope you dont disappoint us all by staying!

Tigerman said:

hmm i have never bin Warned or got any E-mail`s from MA even that i have shoot a few 100 Arenatrox at that spot

Even Kimmi made a nice foto gallery of it

Maybe time to get back on topic...:)

I would really like to see what MA has to say. Marco, if you are reading this, your comments would be most welcome. There is alot of anger here, and I think it would be in MA's interest to put out the fires. :)

Cheers :beerchug:

JackFree said:
Maybe time to get back on topic...:)

I would really like to see what MA has to say. Marco, if you are reading this, your comments would be most welcome. There is alot of anger here, and I think it would be in MA's interest to put out the fires. :)

Cheers :beerchug:

and the lack of response from MA is saying to me "screw you players we simply don't card" :rolleyes:

HAHAHAHA

But? MA has no bugs so whats the problem, and there is trapped animal messages and you cant do dmg to it so???

ah right, call it exploit,
true, ban him, then then ban all those players that used the //chopping eachother in towns// bug where very known players with shadow/angel ect used the exploit to get free skills without getting decay

and how many of you that responded to this thread used that bug that evening?
why dont you report yourself to MA for breaking eula and then respond to this post??

Total hypocrisy

kygon said:
and the lack of response from MA is saying to me "screw you players we simply don't card" :rolleyes:

Marco may be off today

Last Activity: Yesterday 04:36 PM

Normally he's on once a day at least. Perhaps the Flame retardent clothing takes a while to get into. MA must know that people are going to be unhappy.

Dont forget its possible that Marco wants all the answers before he comes on. (IF he does comment)

HI evryone :)

Its realy sad people are blaming someone for getting ATH and whant him to get banned !

Its not his foult but ma foult that mobs can stil be trappt ! so blame ma !!!!

If i am at the oil rig with others and a atrox stalker run into the rig evryone is running to the north hil to trap it as soon as posible ! its not our foult that we can trap it but ma !! i have seen lots of (uber) players trap a trox like that and evan get a global or hof !! its just pefedic to blame the player !!

So blame ma for there un profesional way of acting with avator 008 ( he onli broght more atention to trapping instead of doing something about it ) Instead of sending ma official ingame let them change landscape so people cant trap annymore !!!!!

sry for bad spelling :girl:

Ok, this is gonna piss some people off, but it needs to be said.

BEFORE READING AND FLAMING--Please understand that I am neutral on the issue of the athof, but not on the issue of the rules.

Nowhere on the officail PE/EU site does it say "do not trap mobs". If I am wrong, please copy/paste it for me, with a link. The only place that we EVER see "rules" regarding trapping is here. Now, does anyone think that we should be getting our rules from a third party site? If its gotten here, its hearsay, and thats it. I dont care who posts it, Marco, MA 08, Jan, or any of the other 25 employees there. We should not have to rely on a third party to get rules meant for our game. Unless its put in a noticable place on the main site, it does not matter. As far as the EULA, again it is very non-specific regarding this issue. I have seen many support cases regarding it posted, but those are (1). private communications and, (2)easily doctored, and again, its all posted on a third party site.

If MA decides to leave it alone, they will be condoning this method of hunting, and more trappers will appear than ever seen before. If they decide to take some sort of action, they will be forced to take the same action against a lot of the people posting here... whether you trapped for loot, or trapped for sweat. Why only take action for an ATH?

The best compromise available to them is to leave the ath alone, post a very noticable announcement (on the MAIN site) stating that henceforth, any trapping will be met with some sort of punishment, no matter what the motive behind it. Then FIX the bugs that could jepordize a players account.

Teilk: PE assistant 008 or whatever running around telling people they will be banned for trapping spiders of course dont give any hint in any direction wether or not its allowed to trap spiders?

Edit: Ohwell, missunderstood.. No, we shouldnt have to rely on 3rd persons to tell us its not allowed, but on the other hand, how often do YOU read the EULA anyways?
I know I sure dont read it on every logon..

Last edited:
Tigerman said:
Teilk: PE assistant 008 or whatever running around telling people they will be banned for trapping spiders of course dont give any hint in any direction wether or not its allowed to trap spiders?

Think you totaly missed teilks point :rolleyes:

Status
Back