Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    PkmX PkmX PkmX
    Society
    Art of Mining
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think you can count your returns incl mu this way.
    it should be: 8.59 PED @ 110% = 9.45 - 0.60 (auction fee) = 8.85
    So actual MU is 0.26 and not 0.86.

I've been doing the merp bronze and most have looted a hundred guns already. Even though they have around 110% MU (on the auction graph), that's not what you get for them.
    Most listed items dont even sell. And 110% MU on an item below 10 ped becomes pretty much nothing.

Listing them on auction will cost you MU instead of giving it. So basically they're tt food.
    Don't forget that items can only listed on auction at whole PEDs. You can list it at 9 PED (104.8%) and end up getting only 8.5 PED out of it after the 0.5 PED auction fee, which is worse than TT'ing it. You can also list it at 10 PED (116.4%) which is already way above average MU so you need some luck to sell it (or lose the auction fee if you don't). Alternatively you can 1) try to use/decay it until you can place it on auction at the correct MU 2) spam trading channels 24/7 and hope that someone will buy it at 110% 3) use it by yourself 4) TT it.

In essence these loots are worse than shrapnel because you will most likely end up TT'ing them at 100% MU.
    I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X XI XII XIII XIV XV XVI XVII XVIII XIX XX XXI XXII XXIII XXIV XXV XXVI XXVII
    Non-depositer since 2006/02/07

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    I don't think you can count your returns incl mu this way.
    it should be: 8.59 PED @ 110% = 9.45 - 0.60 (auction fee) = 8.85
    So actual MU is 0.26 and not 0.86.

I've been doing the merp bronze and most have looted a hundred guns already. Even though they have around 110% MU (on the auction graph), that's not what you get for them.
    Most listed items dont even sell. And 110% MU on an item below 10 ped becomes pretty much nothing.

Listing them on auction will cost you MU instead of giving it. So basically they're tt food.
    I'm glad you brought this up, I've been meaning to expand on this a little because there are many different ways you can look at this.

I'm looting a lot of low tt items like this BL300 for example, and obviously, it would cost me 50 PEC to list it, and so if I list it for tt+1 ped on the auction, I'm not even getting 50 PEC profit, which isn't really 110%, I get it.

However the auction is not the only way to sell something in Entropia. You can spam #calytrade, do a private trade, or you can put it up for sale in a shopkeeper or a shop/booth that you own. So to default to what's possible only through the auction is putting an artificial limit on something where it actually does not exist.

Also, I'd like to invite you to consider this differently. Rather than thinking only about how much profit you can get out of an item, why not look at it in terms of what markup you didn't have to pay for an item? For example, I've looted several Kinetic Nanochip 4 (L) during my hunts on the Allo/Estos, which are perfect for my Mindforce skilling and I do plan on using them. But were I to acquire these from the auction or from other players, I certainly would have to pay markup on them. So you can look at it also in terms of what markup you didn't have to pay.

If an item is of absolutely no use to you, and it's an item that there's no demand for and just isn't worth trying to sell to someone else, then that's another story, I generally do not consider the markup value on these in this hunting log.

And it should be understood that my initial reasoning for including the MU of items looted was so that I could at a glance compare how much markup was in the loot, versus how much markup I paid on the decay of the weapons used in the hunt. This will help me see if I am spending too much on markup or if it balances out (markup into the mob vs. markup out of the mob).

Legends
    Last edited by Legends; 02-01-2020 at 05:35.
    Complete Armor Guide <--- Find out everything there is to know about Armor
    My Armor Shops at Twin Peaks mall, 2nd floor: Mayhem Armor Shop, Robot Armor Shop, Animal Armor Shop
    Check out my blog: Legends' Hunting Blog!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images
    Creature #1: Allophyl (L14-L18)
    Creature #2: Estophyl (L20-L23)
    My Animal Looter level: 21.48
    My Evade level: 21.23
    Rings: Athenic (L) and Aeglic (L)
    Weapon #1 (efficiency): ArMatrix LR-35 (L) + A105 Hyper/LR1/B8/ExtendP15 (66.4%)
    Weapon #2 (efficiency): GeoTrek H21 Scrof (L) + A103/LR1+B8/B4/ExtendP10 (63.8%)
    Weapons decay (incl. attachments): 520.78 PED (+18.84 markup)
    Armor/FAP decay: 18.18 PED (Phantom + 4C)
    Total ammo spent: 2180 PED
    Total spent on hunt (w/mu): 2737.80 PED

Hunting run duration: ~ 7.5 hours
    Globals/HoFs: 50, 50, 76, 55, 51, 56 & 56
    Items looted: Aurora Thighs (M,L), Kinetic Nano 4 (L) and Neopsion 10-A (L)
    Items TT value (~markup value): 74.65 (+2.69 markup)
    Stackables: 2549.35 PED
    Net returns (w/mu): 2626.69 PED or 95.9%
    Loot quality, i.e. % shrapnel: 64% of loot tt was shrapnel
    Profit/Cost per hour: -15 PED/hour

I'm sitting at 3096/5k now, on this Iron mission, I was at 2028 when I started, which means I killed 1068 Allo/Estos in 7.5 hours, or 142/hour, which is my fastest so far (getting a bit impatient). Returns are getting better but there are definitely some really dry periods in between globals where every mob is just 1-2 ped loss...

Acquisitions: ArMatrix LR-35 (L) for ~113%

Hunting style: I'm mostly using the LR-35 now, and only use the H21 Scrof to finish off the L14 Allos sometimes to save a bit on overkill.

Defense: Same as previous, Phantom with 4C plates is plenty and no fapping required. If it wasn't for the occasional hits from the Old I'd probably take the plates off and save a bit more, but I'm worried I'll just end up having to FAP sometimes, which would end up costing more.

Notable: Some other hunter came and just plowed right on through all the mobs, must've been quite a bit of overkill on his weapon.

What I learned: I'm getting a bit impatient with this and not having as much fun as I did when I started out. I have to somehow take a step back and make this interesting again or else this is just going to feel like work.

Achievements: level 21 Animal Looter, level 13 Mutant Looter. Also took first place in Entropia Life for Weekly Estophyl Globals. I'll probably take first in Monthly before I'm done with this Iron mission.

Last edited by Legends; 02-17-2020 at 18:59.
    My Armor Shops at Twin Peaks mall, 2nd floor: Mayhem Armor Shop, Robot Armor Shop, Animal Armor Shop

Chaotic Good
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MegaVolt
    Society
    Kaos
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends View Post
    Achievements:Also took first place in Entropia Life for Weekly Estophyl Globals. I'll probably take first in Monthly before I'm done with this Iron mission.

Your Mother In Law isn't far behind though....

Maybe you need a laugh, maybe you dont. Your call.

Stay Home______________________________ Play Entropia______________________________Stay Safe

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega View Post
    Your Mother In Law isn't far behind though....
    lol keen observation
    Last edited by Legends; 02-01-2020 at 10:43.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images
    Creature: Feffoid (L17-L19)
    My Mutant Looter level: 13.25
    My Evade level: 21.27
    Weapon #1 (efficiency): ArMatrix LR-35 (L) + A103/LR1/B8/ExtendP15 (67.3%)
    Weapon #2 (efficiency): Isis Project Zero-Two (L) + Bull Tac30/LR1+B8/B4 (56.3%)
    Weapons decay (incl. attachments): 163.07 PED (+5.78 markup)
    Armor/FAP decay: 4.89 PED (Phantom + 5D)
    Total ammo spent: 791 PED
    Total spent on hunt (w/mu): 964.83 PED

Hunting run duration: ~ 2 hours
    Globals/HoFs: 74 and 106
    Items looted: none
    Items TT value (~markup value): N/A
    Stackables: 1040.47 PED
    Net returns (w/mu): 1040.47 PED or 107.8%
    Loot quality, i.e. % shrapnel: 71% of loot tt was shrapnel
    Profit/Cost per hour: +38 PED/hour

Just had to go hunt something else for a while after killing almost 3k Allo/Esto. The Feffoids had been taunting me for a while, kept seeing them pop up in global chat the last few days so decided to go hunt them for a couple of hours. Was short and sweet, nice to have a positive run for a change.

Acquisitions: Bull Tac30 (L) for ~104%

Hunting style: Just your typical Eco hunting, trying to squeeze out as much as possible while spending as little as possible.

Defense: Phantom + 5D for these guys. It's more than I need but that's fine, defensive costs only accounted for 0.5% of total hunt costs, can't argue with that.

Notable: no items in the loot, some Surface Hardener Components but I'll have to stockpile those until I have enough where it's worth putting on the auction house.

What I learned: My Mutant Looter went up quite a bit. When I was hunting the Allo/Esto, I would get around 0.32 Skinning experience points, but when hunting these Feffoids, I'm getting at least 0.61 Scourging but most of the time 1.01. That would be due to the larger disparity between my level and the mob's level. Something I'll have to consider if I want to increase my Looter skills faster.

Achievements: I took Longblades after finishing Stage 6 on Feffoids, my Swordsman (Hit) went up 3.5 levels
    Last edited by Legends; 02-17-2020 at 19:03.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images
    Tabulated Results
    Mob AvgEff %Shrap Def% MU-in PED-in Loot-out TT% MU-out Net Amt Net-%
    Berycled 59.5% -- 3% 0.56 508 546 107.5% 5 +43 108.5%
    Foul 59% 57.4% 1% 0 327.50 290 88.5% 1.00 -36.50 88.8%
    Drones 59.5% 77.4% 1% 1.00 623.5 506 81% 1.75 -115 81.5%
    Allo/Esto 65.2% 58.8% 0.9% 10.50 1340 1536 114.6% 12.50 +208 115.5%
    Allo/Esto 64.4% 71.4% 0.9% 5.70 1432 1604 112% 7.32 +179 112.5%
    Allo/Esto 65.1% 68% 0.74% 9.84 1385 1160 83.8% 0 -225 83.8%
    Allo/Esto 65.1% 64% 0.66% 18.84 2738 2624 95.8% 2.70 -111 95.9%
    Feffoid 61.8% 71% 0.5% 5.78 965 1040 107.8% 0 +75.5 107.8%

* some of the numbers in this table have been rounded to conserve space
    ** the markup values shown here are only on the items looted, i.e. armor parts, guns, chips, ...

17 February 2020 Edit:

I have gone back through each of these hunts and adjusted for shrapnel conversion rates. The way in which I have chosen to account for the extra 1% in Universal Ammo is different then most probably, rather then adding it to my Net Returns, I just deduct it from my expenses on the next run, which effectively just makes the extra 1% disappear. The reason I'm doing it this way is because I think that's what makes the most sense, since you have to convert the shrap to get that extra 1%, and the Universal Ammo is untradeable so there is no other choice but to use it in order to get the extra 1%. So if for example, the stack of Universal Ammo I started with was 1010 PED, I will just show 1000 PED spent on ammunition instead, since there is an extra 10 PED of ammo in there that was never accounted for anywhere and that didn't come from my PED card.

TOTALs:

Hours of hunting: ~33.5 hours

Amount of PEDs cycled: 9,319 PEDs
    Spent on markup: 52.22 PEDs

TT value of loot: 9,306 PEDs
    TT value Returned: 99.86%

Markup on items looted: 30.27 PEDs
    Net Returns w/markup: +18 PEDs
    Net Returns: 100.2%

Profit/Cost per hour: +0.50 PED/hour
    Last edited by Legends; 02-18-2020 at 05:44.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images
    My Animal Looter level: 21.64
    My Evade level: 21.27
    Weapon #2 (efficiency): Isis Project Zero-Two (L) + Bull Tac30/LR1+B8/B4 (56.3%)
    Weapons decay (incl. attachments): 337.34 PED (+12.27 markup)
    Armor/FAP decay: 18.78 PED (Phantom + 4C)
    Total ammo spent: 1750.61 PED
    Total spent on hunt (w/mu): 2119 PED

Hunting run duration: ~ 6 hours
    Globals/HoFs: 71 and 59
    Items looted: Phasing Essence MF01
    Items TT value (~markup value): 1.00 (+3 markup)
    Stackables: 2095.15 PED (incl. 4.60 Focus Lens & 5.40 Surface Hardener components)
    Net returns (w/mu): 2099.15 PED or 99%
    Loot quality, i.e. % shrapnel: 66.6% of loot tt was shrapnel
    Profit/Cost per hour: -4 PED/hour

At 3927/5k now after this run. 831 killed in 6 hours, that's about 139/hour. Slowed it down a little. Loot was looking pretty grim and I was certain I would see a huge loss once I stopped and figured out the results. I was really amazed and had to check my math twice to make sure I didn't make any mistakes cause I only had 2 globals during this run, and they weren't big. But I know for a fact I had nothing in my 'Materials' tab when I started so the numbers are indeed correct. I'm being optimistic here thinking I can get 10 PED for the MF01, I might only get 5 PED for it, but in the larger scheme of things, 5 PED less return on a 2.1k PED hunting run doesn't really make much of a difference anyway.

Acquisitions: ArMatrix LR-35 (L) for ~113%, Bull Tac30 (L) for ~104%

Hunting style: Eco and slow, to mitigate volatility. Using the handgun on L14/16 Allos only.

Defense: Relying solely on armor, no fapping.

Notable: Holy cow, got a 300% skill boost, was the first time I ever got one of those. Was beginning to think they were a myth. I took Electrokinesis after completing stage 8 Estophyl and went up 3 levels in Electro Kinetic (Hit).

What I learned: I'm going a completely different direction now with the Codex Rewards and I'm going to create a separate post about this soon to explain my reasoning for the change.

Achievements: level 41 Laser Sniper (Hit), level 40 Ranged Laser (Dmg) and level 35 BLP Pistoleer (Hit).

They really DO exist!!

Last edited by Legends; 02-18-2020 at 05:56.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images
    Creature: Kerberos (L2-L6)
    My Animal Looter level: 21.96
    My Evade level: 21.41
    Weapon #1 (efficiency): Corrosive Nano 2 (L) + Kinetic 1 (L) - (~62%)
    Weapon #2 (efficiency): Electric Nano 4 (L) + Kinetic 1 (L) - (60.3%)
    Weapons decay (incl. attachments): 28.57 PED (+1.63 markup)
    Armor/FAP decay: 6.90 PED (Phantom)
    Total ammo spent: 580.77 PED
    Total spent on hunt (w/mu): 617.87 PED

Hunting run duration: ~ 5.5 hours
    Globals/HoFs: 10, 17 and 134
    Items looted: Combustive Nano 4 (L)
    Items TT value (~markup value): 37 PED (+1.85 markup)
    Stackables: 601.21 PED
    Net returns (w/mu): 640.06 PED or 103.6%
    Loot quality, i.e. % shrapnel: 59% of loot tt was shrapnel
    Profit/Cost per hour: +4 PED/hour

Thank god for that 134 Global towards the later part of the run, otherwise this would have been a pretty bad run.

Acquisitions: Neopsion Kinetic Amplifier 1 (L) x3 for 120%

Hunting style: Skilling. Was using the Corrosive Nano 1 on the youngs only.

Defense: Wearing only 5 parts of armor so as to take advantage of free health regen. No fapping required.

Notable: My whole purpose for this run was to skill up Mindforce and I think it was well worth it since I've come up more then 2 full levels on the Electro Kinetic Hit and Damage professions.

What I learned: the Electric Nano 4 is too strong for the youngs and too weak for the Dominants & Alphas, I'll try to find a stronger Mindforce chip to use, or just use a gun.

Achievements: level 12 Electro Kinetic (Hit), level 21 Electro Kinetic (Dmg) and level 22 Animal Looter.

I'm really glad I took Electrokinesis skills as a Codex Reward, otherwise in order to skill up Mindforce, I would have had to go all the way back to punies, and it would have taken several days just to get to where I am now.
    Last edited by Legends; 02-18-2020 at 06:12.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images
    My Animal Looter level: 22.07
    My Evade level: 21.43
    Weapon #3 (efficiency): Isis LBC 25 (L) + Bull Tac30/LR1/B8 (57.5%)
    Weapons decay (incl. attachments): 224 PED (+8.12 markup)
    Armor/FAP decay: 12.44 PED (Phantom + 4C)
    Total ammo spent: 1187.13 PED
    Total spent on hunt (w/mu): 1431.69 PED

Hunting run duration: ~ 4:15 hours
    Globals/HoFs: none
    Items looted: none
    Items TT value (~markup value): N/A
    Stackables: 1244.16 PED
    Net returns (w/mu): 1244.16 PED or 86.9%
    Loot quality, i.e. % shrapnel: 68% of loot tt was shrapnel
    Profit/Cost per hour: -44 PED/hour

--
    Mediocre run... I was actually looking forward to today, Saturday, try my luck on the Allo/Estos and see if maybe with all the activity in game I could have the best run yet. So much for that theory, instead I got no globals whatsoever, pretty sure that's a first for me on 4+ hour runs on this mob.

Acquisitions: Isis LBC 25 (L) for ~104%

Hunting style: Eco and slow, to mitigate volatility. Using the handgun on L14/16 Allos only.

Defense: Relying solely on armor, no fapping.

Notable: Some other guy came, hunted around me for about an hour, got a global and left. I kept going for another 2 hours or so and still didn't get one lol. Weird how these things go sometimes.

What I learned:

Achievements: level 38 BLP Sniper (Hit).

I'm at 4502/5k now, the next run I do on these will be the last for now. This is what the options are for the reward:

Last edited by Legends; 02-18-2020 at 06:23.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast