Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images
    LOOKING AT THE NUMBERS:

Earlier I promised I would write a post to address why I'm taking melee and MindForce skills now in the Codex. It's going to be long but I think it's worth looking at.

1. Weapon options and availability:

When I look at my Tabulated Results on the 3rd page of this thread, after cycling over 9k PED I see that I'm paying more markup then I'm getting back in loot, so the way I see it there's room for improvement there. But when I look at what's available in the auction that I can use with my current skills, most of it has a markup of more than 110%, and when I look at the Melee and MindForce sections, I see a lot of really cheap stuff there. And since I don't really have any other markup costs other then weapons (since I'm using unlimited armor/fap), then I only see one solution for reducing my markup costs, I'm gonna have to switch to Melee and Mindforce for a while.

Although MindForce and melee weapons are not as numerous (a quick check on auction shows that these 2 combined probably only account for about 25% of all the weapons listed), there are many good deals to be had:

Right now there's 4 Mindforce chips and 9 melee weapons you can buy on the auction for less than 103% buyout, while for laser, there are none (except for an LLP 3 but that's a noob weapon). Not to mention, MindForce chips are abundant in loot, I've looted several nice ones lately which I wouldn't mind using, but I don't have the skills to use them. So I could try to sell them on the auction for about 103%, risk losing the auction fee and then just end up TT'ing them so I can buy a laser rifle at around 113%-116% markup. Makes sense right?

No, I think the ideal scenario is the one where I can use anything I've looted, because a) I'll save myself from having to buy something and paying markup on it, b) I'll have a lot more options available to me when I do have to buy something, I won't be limited to just guns and I'll be able to take advantage of the better deals.

2. Skilling faster:

Okay so I've already made up my mind I want to skill up MindForce and Melee. I could grab the lowest level swords or Mindforce chips available and go all the way back to punys for a while and work on bringing up those skills. That would take a bit of time, I'd probably go up 2-3 levels per day if I was dedicated to it, but in the meantime, none of my other skills would really be increasing. In other words all of that time spent would result in mostly just the 1 skill going up. My defensive skills like Evade/Dodge and my Looting skills would hardly move at all.

I did some quick testing on this today, I went to Camp Icarus and killed about 30-40 Caudatergus Punys (L1), here's what I got for skills:

[System]: You have gained 0.1029 experience in your Weapons Handling skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.0481 experience in your Rifle skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.0521 experience in your Laser Weaponry Technology skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.0608 experience in your Marksmanship skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.0266 experience in your Anatomy skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.1029 experience in your Weapons Handling skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.1348 experience in your Ranged Damage Assessment skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.0266 experience in your Anatomy skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.0674 experience in your Ranged Damage Assessment skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.0261 experience in your Laser Weaponry Technology skill
    Skills gains were few, the amounts were low, and no attribute, looter or defense skill gains occurred.

Then I went to Boreas and killed about 20 Kerbs (L3-L6) and got these skills:

[System]: You have gained 0.3455 Coolness
    [System]: You have gained 0.0467 experience in your Handgun skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.1941 Serendipity
    [System]: You have gained 0.0877 experience in your Combat Reflexes skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.2448 experience in your Marksmanship skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.3739 experience in your BLP Weaponry Technology skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.0936 experience in your BLP Weaponry Technology skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.1865 experience in your Handgun skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.1942 Serendipity
    [System]: You have gained 0.0936 experience in your BLP Weaponry Technology skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.1225 experience in your Marksmanship skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.0466 experience in your Handgun skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.4669 experience in your BLP Weaponry Technology skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.3455 Coolness
    [System]: You have gained 0.0681 experience in your Ranged Damage Assessment skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.0681 experience in your Ranged Damage Assessment skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.2451 experience in your Marksmanship skill
    [System]: Your Agility has improved by 0.0012
    [System]: You have gained 0.3454 Coolness
    [System]: You have gained 0.1837 experience in your Marksmanship skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.4154 experience in your Weapons Handling skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.0934 experience in your BLP Weaponry Technology skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.3509 experience in your Combat Reflexes skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.0268 experience in your Anatomy skill
    I got skill gains much more often, probably 3-4 times more often than I did whilst hunting the punys at Camp Icarus, also the gains were larger. Sadly though, in that short test, I still didn't see any looter or defense skill gains, but there was a very small gain in Agility.

Then I went and killed about 15-20 Atrax (L8-L11):

[System]: You have gained 0.1037 experience in your Weapons Handling skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.7202 experience in your Aim skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.1072 experience in your Anatomy skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.0612 experience in your Marksmanship skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.3454 Coolness
    [System]: You have gained 0.1866 experience in your Handgun skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.0611 experience in your Marksmanship skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.1037 experience in your Weapons Handling skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.0937 experience in your Anatomy skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.2334 experience in your Handgun skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.4146 experience in your Weapons Handling skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.1201 experience in your Aim skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.1713 experience in your Skinning skill
    [System]: You have gained 1.2084 Coolness
    [System]: You have gained 0.1940 Serendipity
    [System]: You have gained 0.3451 Coolness
    [System]: You have gained 0.3450 Coolness
    [System]: You have gained 0.0937 experience in your BLP Weaponry Technology skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.0685 experience in your Athletics skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.0937 experience in your BLP Weaponry Technology skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.3450 Coolness
    [System]: You have gained 0.8729 Serendipity
    [System]: You have gained 0.3449 Coolness
    [System]: You have gained 0.3425 experience in your Skinning skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.1430 Courage
    [System]: You have gained 0.3449 Coolness
    [System]: You have gained 0.1070 experience in your Anatomy skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.1711 experience in your Skinning skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.3448 Coolness
    [System]: You have gained 0.2138 experience in your Marksmanship skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.2722 experience in your Ranged Damage Assessment skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.0267 experience in your Anatomy skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.1710 experience in your Skinning skill
    [System]: You have gained 0.2101 experience in your Handgun skill
    Now we begin to see some looter and defense skill gains in the form of Skinning and Athletics. Courage is another interesting one to get as it contributes to increasing your health. And I know from experience that the skill gains on these Atrax were only about half as good as they would be on the Allo/Estos I've been hunting which are L14 to L22.

So why does that matter? Well, I don't want to spend days and days hunting just to raise 1 skill, i.e. Mindforce. I want to maximize the skill gains while hunting and the best way to do that is to hunt the highest level mob I can hunt efficiently, that way my looter skills, defense skills, my HP, all that stuff is going to go up as well.

3. An advantageous trade-off:

Let's not forget what I'm giving up which is: Anatomy so I can take melee, and Perception so I can take mindforce. Anatomy contributes 7% to both Animal and Mutant Looter professions. Perception contributes 9% to all 3 Looter profession. But I'm giving those up so I can avoid wasting time on low level mobs and therefore get more Skinning skills while I'm hunting Animals, which contributes 35% to Animal Looter, Scourging skills when hunting Mutants, which contributes 35% to Mutant Looter or Reclaiming skills while hunting Robots, which contributes 35% to Robot Looter.

So in the end, it's quite likely that I'll actually end up ahead on my Looter professions doing it this way (in terms of time spent on hunting), though it seems counter-intuitive at first glance.

Conclusion:

Some have said in this forum the only skills that matter and that you should take in the Codex is Alertness, Perception, Anatomy, etc... Just the ones that contribute to your Looter professions. And the reasoning behind that is that your Looter profession has a direct impact on your loot returns. Fine, we all want more loot, I get it.

Well, the quickest way to raise your Looter Professions is by wielding the biggest weapon you can wield and hunting the highest level mob you can hunt, always. Because the frequency and amount of skill you get is directly tied to the level of the mob you are hunting. So taking Combat Skills might not be a stupid idea after all.

If you want to learn more about this, here is a thread where this subject was researched:

How Hunting Skill Gains Work
    Last edited by Legends; Yesterday at 06:25.
    Check out my blog: Legends' Hunting Blog! and also our Society ad: DIRTY DINGOs
    My Shops at Twin Peaks mall, 2nd floor: Mayhem Armor Shop, Robot Armor Shop, Animal Armor Shop

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images
    Creature #1: Allophyl (L14-L18)
    Creature #2: Estophyl (L20-L23)
    My Animal Looter level: 22.25
    My Evade level: 21.48
    Rings: Athenic (L) and Aeglic (L)
    Weapon #1 (efficiency): EWE EP-41 Military, Adjusted + A105 Hyper/LR1+B8/B4 (61%)
    Weapon #2 (efficiency): Mirath Long Shot (L) + A101/LR1/B8 (61.6%)
    Weapons decay (incl. attachments): 279.50 PED
    Armor/FAP decay: 9.29 PED (Phantom + 4C)
    Total ammo spent: 988.21 PED
    Total spent on hunt (w/mu): 1277 PED

Hunting run duration: ~ 4 hours
    Globals/HoFs: 52 PED
    Items looted: Neopsion 20 Mindforce Implant
    Items TT value (~markup value): 5.11 (+2.50 markup)
    Stackables: 1082.97 PED (incl. 3.60 Focus Lens, 5.40 Surface Hardener)
    Net returns (w/mu): 1090.58 PED or 85.4%
    Loot quality, i.e. % shrapnel: 63% of loot tt was shrapnel
    Profit/Cost per hour: -46.60 PED/hour

Another pathetic hunt on the Allo/Estos with a ~200 PED loss, I kind of had a feeling it would be bad, the global chat was real quiet, didn't seem like anyone was hitting anything worthwhile. I just had to finish this 5k mission. Now that it's done, I'll be taking a break from them and probably just work on my Mindforce.

Acquisitions: A friend in-game has been kind enough to lend me his EWE EP-41 Military Adjusted so I can do a few runs with it and reduce my markup costs.

Hunting style: Eco and slow, to try and mitigate volatility. Only one shot with the Mirath Long Shot to get the mob's aggro, then use the EP-41 Military Adjusted handgun after that.

Defense: Relying solely on armor, no fapping.

Notable: I hadn't looted any unlimited items in quite a while, and although this implant doesn't have much markup, I'm still glad I got it as it is something I will be able to use for a while as I skill my mindforce.

What I learned: If you have a feeling loot isn't going to be any good, it probably won't be...

Achievements: I took Cryogenics in the Codex and went up almost 4 full levels, from 7.34 to 11.14, in my Cryogenic (Hit) profession. Finished the 5k Allo/Esto Iron mission, took the 19.79 Athletics and reached level 22 Evader and level 16 Dodger.
    Last edited by Legends; Yesterday at 06:40.
    My Shops at Twin Peaks mall, 2nd floor: Mayhem Armor Shop, Robot Armor Shop, Animal Armor Shop

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images
    5k Allo/Esto Tabulated Results (~35 hours of hunting)

AvgEff %Shrap Def% MU-in PED-in Loot-out TT-Return MU-out Net Amt Net-%
    65.2% 58.8% 0.9% 10.50 1345 1536 114% 12.50 +203 115%
    64.4% 71.4% 0.9% 5.70 1443 1604 111.2% 7.32 +168 111.7%
    65.1% 68% 0.74% 9.84 1396 1160 83% 0 -236 83%
    65.1% 64% 0.66% 18.84 2755 2624 95.2% 2.70 -128 95.3%
    61.8% 67% 0.9% 12.27 2134 2096 98.2% 9 -29 98.6%
    60.4% 68% 0.86% 8.12 1444 1244 86.2% 0 -200 86.2%
    61.3% 63% 0.7% 0 1287 1088 84.5% 2.50 -196.5 84.7%
    63.3% 65.74% 0.81% 65.27 11,804 11,352 96.17% 34 -418.5* 96.46%

*: This Net Amt isn't accurate on the table because I forgot that I used Universal Ammo for all my hunts, which means it was converted from shrapnel at a rate of 101%. So the actual PED-In is 11,711, therefore the TT-Return is actually 96.93% and the Net Amt should be -325.50.

The MU column here only shows the markup on items looted (armor parts, guns, mindforce chips...), not on the markup value of the stackables. I have been working on figuring out what all the stackable loot items I have gotten are and how much I can actually get out of them and this is what it looks like:

Focus Lens Component: ~27.50 profit
    Surface Hardner Component: ~3.00 profit
    Diluted Mineral Extractor: 12.15 profit
    Basic Stone Extractor: 1.09 profit
    Basic Cloth Extractor: not worth putting on auction, need bigger stack
    Animal Adrenal oil: 5.59 profit (I tt'ed a lot of it at first)
    DNA Fragment A: not worth putting on auction, need bigger stack
    Paint Can (Brown): 6.01 profit
    Paint Can (Olive): 10.72 profit
    Paint Can (Umber): 4.04 profit
    Socket 3 Component: 2.62 (not really worth putting on auction)
    Socket 4 Component: 1.31 (not really worth putting on auction)
    Allophyl skin: debating what to do with it...
    Animal Hide: tt'ed it all
    Soft Hide: tt'ed it all
    Animal Eye oil: tt'ed it all

The amounts shown are the profit I made after deducting the auction fees. Some of this stuff has sold already and some of it is still on the auction.

So if we add this up now, we can get a more accurate result for this 5k Allo/Esto grind:

Loot TT Out of the mob was:
    Markup on the items looted:
    Profit on Stackables looted:
    TOTAL loot value with markup:

The total amount spent (incl. mu paid) was 11,804 PED, however all of the ammo I used for this grind was Universal Ammo, which means it was converted from shrapnel at a rate of 101%. This is often overlooked, but the extra 1% ammo you get from converting shrapnel is free ammo that you did not have to buy with your PED card. This extra 1% needs to be removed from the total amount of PED spent on this hunt:

9,356 PED spent on ammo / 1.01
    Real total for PED spent (11,804 - 93):

In order to figure out the Net Return %, I'll take my Total loot value number and divide it by my Real total spent number to get the percent ratio:

Total loot value → 11,460 / 11,711 ← Real total spent
    97.86%

Now, I wanted to acquire more Athletics skill, it's the reason I did this Iron mission to begin with, and aside from getting it this way, my only other option would have been to purchase it from someone else on the auction, and there I would have payed ~1100% for it. So let's take this just one step further and see what it would look like if we factored in the value of the Athletics skill I received:

TOTAL Looted (incl. mu):
    19.79 Athletics @ 1100%:
    (11,460+218)/11,711
    99.72%

The Net Return when including all the markup and the value of the Athletics is 99.72%

This is about as precise as I can get it because I really didn't keep track of all the skills I got from the Codex, so I'm going to leave it there for now
    Last edited by Legends; 02-09-2020 at 20:38.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Philippus SoberPhil Maximus
    Interesting log, I check it out everytime you post new results. This time though i didn't quite understand how you counted the price of the skill, since ESI MU is over 900%, and you can't sell the skill without buying the implant first.

And btw, do you think skills may be included in loot calculation algorithms, could they be counted as returns? And I know it's widely believed that they are not, but anyway, what do you think?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SoberPhil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting log, I check it out everytime you post new results. This time though i didn't quite understand how you counted the price of the skill, since ESI MU is over 900%, and you can't sell the skill without buying the implant first.

And btw, do you think skills may be included in loot calculation algorithms, could they be counted as returns? And I know it's widely believed that they are not, but anyway, what do you think?
    Hey thanks SoberPhil

I often don't look at something I've gained or acquired in the game as "how much could I get for it if I sold it", I think that's a limited view. I prefer to look at it in terms of "how much did I save by acquiring it this way as opposed to purchasing it", I think that's more fair, especially when it's something you wanted to acquire.

I wanted to acquire more Athletics skill, it's the reason I did this Iron mission to begin with, and aside from getting it this way, my only other option would have been to purchase it from someone else on the auction, and there I would have payed ~1100% for it. So that's what I used for my calculations.

Of course that is a controversial way to look at it. That's why I made sure I got to the 97.86% Net Return first, which is probably what the majority of hunters would consider to be the real Returns (TT Return + MU on looted items and materials).

So basicly you got 3 different ways you can look at this:

Total loot TT → 11,352 / 11,711 ← Real total spent
    96.93%
    Total loot w/MU → 11,460 / 11,711 ← Real total spent
    97.86%
    Loot w/MU + Skills → 11,678 / 11,711 ← Real total spent
    99.72%

Normally I would not include the Skills. I did the math on it here just out of curiosity and also because these skills were awarded as part of an old Iron mission that's no longer available.

--
    As for the other question, if I understood correctly: "does the system consider the skill rewards as part of the returns?"

I would say no. Seems to me that is just a separate standalone system which MindArk has put in place to give players a goal, an incentive, something to grind towards. It keeps people hunting and gives players a sense of accomplishment when the reward is received. Without it, it's pretty boring, you keep shooting and shooting and killing mobs and aside from the loot events, nothing else different ever happens... Pretty boring really. When I started playing, we didn't have all these Iron missions, or any missions for that matter.

I think the way things are now are a huge improvement from the way they used to be. A new player can move up the levels a lot quicker then ever before, and the Looter Professions, if I understood correctly the mechanics, are designed to bring stability to your returns as your PED turnover rises higher and higher.

Cheers o/

Legends
    Last edited by Legends; 02-09-2020 at 05:51.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images
    Creature #1: Kerberos (L2-L7)
    My Animal Looter level: 22.38
    My Evade level: 22.00
    Weapon #1 (efficiency): Kinetic nano 4 (L) + Kinetic amp 1 - (58.6%)
    Weapon #2 (efficiency): Electric nano 4 (L) + Kinetic amp 1 - (60.3%)
    Weapon #3 (efficiency): Cryogenic nano 3 (L) - (58%)
    Weapon #4 (efficiency): Lacerating nano 3 (L) - (59%)
    Weapons decay (incl. attachments): 49.53 PED (+0.40 mu)
    Armor/FAP decay: 6.87 PED (Phantom)
    Total ammo spent: 691.10 PED (698 universal ammo)
    Total spent on hunt (w/mu): 747.90 PED

Hunting run duration: ~ 5.5 hours
    Globals/HoFs: 11, 10 and 51
    Items looted: none
    Items TT value (~markup value): N/A
    Stackables: 611.27 PED (incl. 165 Muscle oil, 1.49 Inferior Cloth ext.)
    Net returns (w/mu): 617 PED or 82.5%
    Loot quality, i.e. % shrapnel: 65% of loot tt was shrapnel
    Profit/Cost per hour: -24 PED/hour

At this point I'm pretty sure I've got 'Cursed Avatar Syndrome'. I didn't think it was possible to lose 25 PED/hour hunting these guys, that seems expensive for such a small mob.

Acquisitions: Saw this in a shop and just had to buy it: Cryo nano 3 (L) - 24 ped tt for 25.02 (104.25%). It's perfect for my current Cryo level, so I'll get some good use out of it.

Hunting style: Eco and slow, to try and mitigate volatility. It's a bit slow using the Kinetic 4 + amp on the Level 6 Kerbs, I could use a bigger amp or a bigger chip, but need to skill a bit more.

Notable: my Pyro-Kinetic (Hit) went up 1 full level, my Electro-Kinetic (Hit) went up almost 2 full levels and my Cryogenic (Hit) went up almost 1 level. Obviously I was using the Electric and Kinetic chips more, since they are the most powerful I have right now, so that's why Electro-Kinetic went up more. I'll be taking mostly Pyro now in the Codex to try and catch that one up.

What I learned: my last 3 hunts have just been really bad as far as returns go. I understand why the 'personal loot pool' theory keeps coming back again and again in this forum, it's so tantalizing to assume that the loot engine must have some sort of bias... During my hunt, there was at least one guy there over-amping the Kerbs, dunno if this could have some sort of loot pool 'draining' effect... Probably not, but it's hard to re-conciliate such poor returns, on a hunt that took place over 5.5 hours. I have to admit, I don't really understand how MindArk can imagine that players will 'enjoy' this type of result. The Kerberos loot doesn't really have any markup in it so why hunt them? Maybe I'll try something else soon.
    Last edited by Legends; Yesterday at 06:59.

Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Try the kerbs at fort lahar instead.
    It's mono maturity. Providers only.
    That way you won't get the multi's in the youngs and the crap on the olds.

Also, the providers can give a real swirl fest!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images
    Creature: Kerberos (L2-L7)
    My Animal Looter level: 22.43
    My Evade level: 22.01
    Weapon #3 (efficiency): Cryogenic nano 3 (L) - (58%)
    Weapon #4 (efficiency): Lacerating nano 3 (L) - (59%)
    Weapons decay (incl. attachments): 19.42 PED (+0.35 markup)
    Armor/FAP decay: 5.07 PED (Phantom)
    Total ammo spent: 596.23 PED
    Total spent on hunt (w/mu): 621.07 PED

Hunting run duration: ~ 4.5 hours
    Globals/HoFs: 12, 68, 25 and 13
    Stackables: 602.02 PED
    Net returns (w/mu): 605 PED or 97.4%
    Loot quality, i.e. % shrapnel: 68% of loot tt was shrapnel
    Profit/Cost per hour: -3.50 PED/hour

Right on the long-term average with this one at 97%. I'll take that any day over the previous 82.5% ...

Hunting style: still skilling my mindforce combat.

Defense: just wearing 5 pieces of armor, no fapping.

Achievements: level 15 Electro Kinetic (Hit), level 9 Pyrokinetic (Hit), and level 11 jammer.

Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Try the kerbs at fort lahar instead.
    It's mono maturity. Providers only.
    That way you won't get the multi's in the youngs and the crap on the olds.

Also, the providers can give a real swirl fest!
    Yeah, I could give that a try and see if I can have more stability with those. However I gotta tell you, I've never been a big believer in the so-called 'maturity volatility', to me what it comes down to is simply whether you're getting decent multipliers or not. If you are, it doesn't really matter what maturity you hit them on, your returns will be good, and if not well, they'll be bad...

This is a small sample size right now but let's take a look at what I've got so far on the Kerbs at Boreas:

Date
    Lvl 2
    Lvl 3
    Lvl 4
    Lvl 5
    Lvl 6
    Globals / hour
    % Return
    20 Jan
    119%
    2 Feb
    103%
    8 Feb
    82.5%
    9 Feb
    97%

The biggest Global on this grid is on the 2nd of February off of a Mature (L3), which was 134 PED. On the 9th of February, I have more Globals per hour, even got one on a Guardian (L5) and one on a Dominant (L6), which did not happen on any of the other hunting runs, and yet my returns were lower than on the 2nd. So what that tells me is the multis I hit were just all crap really...
    Last edited by Legends; Yesterday at 06:58.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images
    Creature #1: Kerberos (L6)
    My Animal Looter level: 22.41
    My Evade level: 22.02
    Weapons decay (incl. attachments): 24.85 PED (+0.53 mu)
    Armor/FAP decay: 10.81 PED (Phantom)
    Total ammo spent: 745.05 PED (752.50 universal ammo)
    Total spent on hunt (w/mu): 781.24 PED

Hunting run duration: ~ 4 hours
    Globals/HoFs: none
    Stackables: 623.04 PED (adding ~1.5% mu by default on other than shrap)
    Net returns (w/mu): 628 PED or 80.4%
    Loot quality, i.e. % shrapnel: 66% of loot tt was shrapnel
    Profit/Cost per hour: -38 PED/hour

--
    The 'Cursed Avatar Syndrome' continues. A new low has been found for the Kerbs.

Hunting style: Eco and slow, to try and mitigate volatility. It's a bit slow using the Kinetic 4 + amp on the Level 6 Kerbs, I could use a bigger amp or a bigger chip, but need to skill a bit more still.

What I learned: the loot engine is quite stingy with me now. MindArk is heartless to have made it possible for a hunter to experience such despicable results over a week-end of hunting, my last 4 hunts, over 18 hours of hunting, have all been losses. I'm completely discouraged now. During my last 4 hour hunt, there were 2 Kerb Alpha globals and at least 4 Kerb Dominant globals, and I couldn't even get one, in over 4 hours of hunting. Just plain disgusted with this right now...

Achievements: level 5 Translocator, level 6 Telepath, level 16 Electro Kinetic (Hit), level 10 Pyro Kinetic (Hit).

PS: so much for that 'maturity volatility' theory...
    Last edited by Legends; Yesterday at 07:10.

Provider
    Paul Ray Spinn
    Blog Entries
    Images
    When you calculate your final returns+Markup, considering that shrapnel can be converted into Universal Ammo, I would include in your calculations also the value of the shrapnel *1.01 (=101% conversion of shrapnel TT into universal ammo).

Imo it's very probable that MindArk include the shrapnel conversion into their model for the hunting returns of any player : they created that "shrapnel" on purpose.

If you manage to reach an AVERAGE hunting return of 99%, supposing -on purpose- theorically that your loot is all shrapnel, then the "real" hunting return becomes 99.99% (include the 101% shrapnel conversion).

-->Then the real gain, for such an efficient player, obviously comes from the Markup of all the looted items (I mean all those items different from shrapnel : since, leaving theory and entering real world, in our loots we have shrapnel + some other items, sometimes quite valuable).

As a side note, consider that even items with a very low markup (<101%) can be converted into shrapnel (that is commonly sold at 100.4% or 100.5%), and then converted into Universal Ammo.
    Suppose that You have 100 ped of a looted item whose markup is a mere 100.5% (note that many people complain for those looted items whose markup is below 101% : they instead would prefer ONLY shrapnel in their loots, often making a mistake).

-->Those 100 ped of our example, if properly sold become 100.5 ped (as said, in this example the markup is just 100.5%) : then you buy 100 ped of shrapnel paying it 100.4 or 100.5 ped, then You convert it, having finally 101 ped of universal ammo (or even more than 101 ped), even though your starting loot had a markup well below 101% (100.5% in this example).

Also, if we want to add a bit of optimization, the markup of the items fluctuates in time, see for example how the value of animal oils fluctuates yearly.
    So 1 item that now has a very low markup, maybe after some time will grow interestingly.

As a side note, I think that we "low skilled hunters" first have to try and break even on super-small mobs, then gradually increase the mob level.

I support your efforts, I am trying too.

Paul

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast