PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Detritus the Troll
    Images
    A better notification system in general would be welcome, indeed.

However, Abomb, you gotta stop making these assumptions that you claim to be globally true for everyone, I think you are smarter than that. You always come make these angry posts based on something that annoys you that you insist is true for 100% of the players, but it never is. Most people I know don't have any issues with seeing the server notifications, and I know personally I always have the main tab open (as others pointed out, it's configurable).

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    ender endermigne migne
    Society
    The White Dots
    Images
    As we have to read the pointless stuff in bold red letters across the screen, why not try something simple this time:

!!!
    WRITE THE
    IMPORTANT MESSAGES
    TO ALL CHAT-TABS
    !!!

MA, hello?
    A proud Senior member since 6th of May 2008, 01:47a

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    George Geo Clone
    Society
    Victory
    Images
    I agree that the only use for the RED warning message in the center of the screen should be for server shut downs or other important notices.

It is not needed or wanted the way it is now. Please get rid of it or let us have an option to disciple it.. I mean disable it.

www.victory-ms.com
    https://discord.gg/j4GfC8f
    ❍ ● .∘ ↭ ⌀ . ◦ ⌱
    BUYING:[Omegaton Laser Sight Mk I]x1

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    TS TSEC CRYPTO
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by endermigne View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As we have to read the pointless stuff in bold red letters across the screen, why not try something simple this time:

!!!
    WRITE THE
    IMPORTANT MESSAGES
    TO ALL CHAT-TABS
    !!!

MA, hello?
    I am actually surprised that this is not the case.
    I always have the main window open and rarely any other. I just assumed that the messages I was seeing every 5 minutes would be seen in all windows.
    Surely, this would be an easy fix.

Chaotic Good
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MegaVolt
    Society
    Kaos
    Blog Entries
    Images

Maybe it should be like this with one of the MA dev's going '10 mins!', '5 mins!' instead of 'Toasty!'

Be a bit hard to say you didn't see it then.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Forgo Forgorth Lundain
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    I agree that the only use for the RED warning message in the center of the screen should be for server shut downs or other important notices.

It is not needed or wanted the way it is now. Please get rid of it or let us have an option to disciple it.. I mean disable it.
    Actually its moot by now, most of us have already trained our brains to treat it as the non information it is....and wouldn't even notice what it said. This is the problem with putting fancy ideas into an industry that has decades of research behind why not to do them.

While I do think this is for VR later, it only complicates things in PC mode. And honestly they would be better off with dynamic icons than text in VR.

Check out Forgo on YouTube!
    Great Grand Master Pyro L120+
    Celeste Harbor booth #3 on Arkadia - damage and mining depth 1-10 + more!
    The Zombie Arms on Rocktropia
    next to the Steampunks near the tangerine TP Everything you need 500+ items!
    EL profile - 1.75+ million in hunting 600k+ skills

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Max Hec Walker
    Images
    Basic dev in-game broadcast notification function is an expected state of the art feature for decades now and should not be missing from any game.
    Outside of a few older alpha or early access games, EU is the only game I can think of that does not broadcast when servers are getting shutdown. Some games post the shutdown message for days in advance like mechwarrior online, others post up to 24 hours in advance like Project Genom and Galactic Junk League (both dead & buried games) even simple flash games can do this ie. Dawn of the Dragons (likely another dead game).
    I recall broken-release games like Anthem having that function and with the warnings increasing in frequency the closer it got to shutdown time. New games like New World by AGS during early Alpha last year even had that function of warning everyone in game and that's AGS's first PC game!

Unless... when the server goes down is always unexpected, and patches are just queued up before the next reboot randomly occurs.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    KrupT KrupT RaveR
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega View Post

Maybe it should be like this with one of the MA dev's going '10 mins!', '5 mins!' instead of 'Toasty!'

Be a bit hard to say you didn't see it then.

I would actually love this

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hec View Post
    Basic dev in-game broadcast notification function is an expected state of the art feature for decades now and should not be missing from any game.
    Outside of a few older alpha or early access games, EU is the only game I can think of that does not broadcast when servers are getting shutdown. Some games post the shutdown message for days in advance like mechwarrior online, others post up to 24 hours in advance like Project Genom and Galactic Junk League (both dead & buried games) even simple flash games can do this ie. Dawn of the Dragons (likely another dead game).
    I recall broken-release games like Anthem having that function and with the warnings increasing in frequency the closer it got to shutdown time. New games like New World by AGS during early Alpha last year even had that function of warning everyone in game and that's AGS's first PC game!

Unless... when the server goes down is always unexpected, and patches are just queued up before the next reboot randomly occurs.
    So basiclly you sayed how its in EU

They post here usualy 24 hours before server going down then they do it at EU for a hour whit a 5 min messages.
    Also in facebook and maybe other social media they use.

Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Hec View Post

Good post and our lack luster system causes issues since it is really easy to miss the server going down. When I am logging into WoW there is a server maintenance message right there that you have to read while putting in your password with the expected time of the maintenance that goes up 24-48 hrs in advance. Which of course makes it impossible to not know servers are going down or when exactly the maintenance is so you can make plans.

If it is a surprise maintenance for an urgent issue in WoW it is impossible to miss in game as there are Universal Broadcast messages, which then allows you to make plans accordingly.

Since this game is real cash MMO it is very surprising that server maintenance announcements are just extremely far behind most other games notification system. This then creates more work for Support for players that don't see the server maintenance and have to get refunds on PEDs lost from the activities they were cut off from.

Enhancing this feature seems like common sense and something that would reduce support tickets for MA while improving the overall player experience. It's 2020 we just expect better.
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 48 Resource Gatherer - 5,564 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,414 Martial Arts
    I am growing Strongah with the Force - 4,908 Force Merge

Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast