Male | Female
    Eleria 'Orion' Starwind
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images

Shaolin wants YOU!

CURRENTLY RECRUITING

Welcome, dear comrade-in-arms!

Shaolin is part of the Project Entropia history (now EU) since 2003-08-11 and we label the game ever since.

Usually Shaolin is the last Society you will join before retiring long after. The oldest active members of Shaolin are now over 14 years part of this society, which speaks of continuity.
    Due to the inevitable retirement of trusted family members over such long terms we have an open slot to fill in our ranks, if you manage to convince us.

Have a chat with Eleria Orion Starwind ingame please, before filing an application to our neat little society. In case you consider a society change, we guarantee discretion.
    If you are serious, we take you serious, too.
    Prepare for a longer interview, please.

Stone Tree Feather

Since people always ask, here are some of our minimal requirements (you should be something very special in some other way, if you do not match them):

Your soft skills:
    - Fluent english
    - Decent online times
    - Dedication to, and identification with PE are inevitable
    - One or two freaky aspects in your personality
    - Reputable
    - Socially engaged with the PE community (no total loners)
    - Talkativity is a must
    - Teamspeak is not a must, but would be nice

Your hard skills:
    - 70+ Agility
    - Champion professional standing (Dmg)
    - At least 200k total skill sum
    - Sufficiently equipped

Personality matters!
    Even more than countable skills.
    Everyone may have his own sick 5 minutes, but the rest of the week we are a bunch of always happy, mannerable, honorable, cultivated, educated, self-depracting and primarily fun-loving adults. We do wheelchair races with Araneatroxes and cannot stand jarring kids with immature behavior.
    Beside this we arent cocky or arrogant at all.
    Our age ranges from 20+ to over 60+, with a belly in the middle.
    These are attributes we expect you to have, too.

Everybody may have a bad day with MindArk, but your life must not circle around such a dispute, since we are 99% happy to be on Calypso (else we wouldnt be here ), and too much ranting spoils our game fun.
    Be positive. Be like us.

Socialize.
    We dont need you to pump our number, but to stay the most joyous society around. That is why we have formed and persist since such a long time now. So be prepared to participate in some team action and to have a nice time in soc chat.

So what do we offer?
    Primarily ourselves. We are so much convinced about the quality of this offer, that we refrain from simple advertizing with something else. The people we aim for have their standards, as we have ours. And since you are aware of your superior standard, you have an eye for the true assets of this game.

Do you see similarities to your own personality and avatar reflected here? Then leave us a post!

Sincere regards,
    - Orion
    Last edited by Darkaruki; 09-20-2018 at 17:17.
    The +1 PED Shop: /wp [Calypso, 34282, 48134, 111, Genesis Star Tower B, Block B, Shop #4]
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/6/2/2/shaolin_member_signatur_orion.jpg

Proud Citizen of Calypso since February 9th, 2002

Dont join re: they never pick up after themselves

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Nea Nea Schaefer
    Society
    -DNA-
    Images
    good luck Orion, Shaolin is a really good soc and would be my 1st choice if I would have the skills needed and would be lookin for turn the another chapter in my EU career.

good luck with the recruits, I know you will find some good ones.

"Not quite blonde, are we? More of a dirty blonde."
    1-800-DEADLYDYEDBLONDE, IN ENTROPIA UNIVERSE SINCE 2003.

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Jarod "pretender" Parker
    Society
    Trigger Happy
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i dont have the skills to join, but i have 2 lill comments

i think the requirements are all reasonable, exept the following 2:

agility

some people who started quite late (but before the skill change, i started at late 6.0, 1 day after i joined 6.1 i think) and in early time i never hunted much. i only have 60 almost 61, goes up rather fast atm) but i think most of us saw strykers topic on agility gain. its rumored to been upped since then but still its a shitload of ammo to run through.

second: age.

now, i know that some (especially high end) soc ask for quite...adult age. but 21 seems a bit high?
    ive always wanted to join shaolin...since i first heared about it :P but i am currently 16, and honestly, i dont want to wait 5 years to join shoalin (or some other uber soc) might want to..down that a bit? to say, 18?
    i guess one of the reasons for the 21 thing is that some american states require 21 for certain stuff? but I live in Holland, and here its 18.. (CC, car, motorcycle, nightclubs, heavy liqour, w/e) and 16 for the lower end adult stuff (scooters, siggarettes, beer, etc.)

i dont say remove/put at 16, but i'd like to see some consideration of lowering minimum age. maybe i will never join shaolin, and get my own soc in uber ranks. maybe i quit pe before that (hell no) but lets face it: younger people get more and more money to spend. i myself have a job, and i go to school, and yes, that makes a quite bussy life, but ill manage.
    i think that, if you guys put the limit at 18, you might get a bigger range of people to talk to about getting them in your society.
    i mean, right now, im 16. my ID allows me to travel through europe. at the age of 18, ill be able to requist and recieve my passport, allowing me to travel anywhere on earth (well, with some restricts such as military/nasa bases whatever, but you get my drift i think.
    Nothing to see here, move on

Jade Demoniac Malkov
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretender
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i dont have the skills to join, but i have 2 lill comments

i think the requirements are all reasonable, exept the following 2:

agility

some people who started quite late (but before the skill change, i started at late 6.0, 1 day after i joined 6.1 i think) and in early time i never hunted much. i only have 60 almost 61, goes up rather fast atm) but i think most of us saw strykers topic on agility gain. its rumored to been upped since then but still its a shitload of ammo to run through.

second: age.

now, i know that some (especially high end) soc ask for quite...adult age. but 21 seems a bit high?
    ive always wanted to join shaolin...since i first heared about it :P but i am currently 16, and honestly, i dont want to wait 5 years to join shoalin (or some other uber soc) might want to..down that a bit? to say, 18?
    i guess one of the reasons for the 21 thing is that some american states require 21 for certain stuff? but I live in Holland, and here its 18.. (CC, car, motorcycle, nightclubs, heavy liqour, w/e) and 16 for the lower end adult stuff (scooters, siggarettes, beer, etc.)

i dont say remove/put at 16, but i'd like to see some consideration of lowering minimum age. maybe i will never join shaolin, and get my own soc in uber ranks. maybe i quit pe before that (hell no) but lets face it: younger people get more and more money to spend. i myself have a job, and i go to school, and yes, that makes a quite bussy life, but ill manage.
    i think that, if you guys put the limit at 18, you might get a bigger range of people to talk to about getting them in your society.
    i mean, right now, im 16. my ID allows me to travel through europe. at the age of 18, ill be able to requist and recieve my passport, allowing me to travel anywhere on earth (well, with some restricts such as military/nasa bases whatever, but you get my drift i think.
    Well nothing is set in stone regarding the requirements. They give an idea of what qualities we are looking for but any one of them can be overlooked if you shine enough in other areas

One of the reasons we favour more mature players is that younger players often get distracted by RL after a little while, which is a good thing We don't want to encourage situations where RL opportunities are sacrificed to an obsession with EU.

The Half-Wit Phoenix
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Silicon Skam Chip
    Society
    Rabbids
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You want me? really?

*reads requirements*
    no you dont

Good luck though
    There are two types of people in the world.
    There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: this glass is half full. And there are those who say: this glass is half empty.
    The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!

Alice in Wonderland
    Society
    Rising Potentials
    Blog Entries
    Images
    even if the skills would match, i dislike PvP
    guess its your loss

kidding, gl with new recruits
    call it a bump

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Jarod "pretender" Parker
    Society
    Trigger Happy
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by demoniac
    Well nothing is set in stone regarding the requirements. They give an idea of what qualities we are looking for but any one of them can be overlooked if you shine enough in other areas

One of the reasons we favour more mature players is that younger players often get distracted by RL after a little while, which is a good thing We don't want to encourage situations where RL opportunities are sacrificed to an obsession with EU.

well, i have a quite bussy life, both online and off line. (guess i should lower forum use to lunch breaks and tv commericals)
    i play, besides Eu, an fantasy game (manage an account together with an friend) but not very much. Eu is getting back again....skilled about 300 levels of handgun last 2 days....anyhow. i still manage to log into Eu (aslong as my gold card works, check an other topic of mine :P)

anyhow. what i am trying to say is, even tho school and work takes up lots of time, and also the rest of my social life, i most of the time manage to find some online fun. be it in one game, or another
    Nothing to see here, move on

Elite
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Jakob JackFree Freelancer
    Society
    SPU Smart Professionals United
    Blog Entries
    Images
    - at least 1 year game experience (elite laser snipers with 46 agility are a joke. they know nothing about PE)
    OK I know I'm not exactly Shaolin material, but I take a small bit of offense at that statement...

...I know alot about EU...

...you can sweat and stuff, there is this cool TP thingy to get around, and the chicks all like to run around in their undies...

Your society has a very respected, and admired reputation, good luck with recruiting. I will keep my 46 agility self with TV

Cheers

P.S please don't shoot me.....

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    David "Doer" Falkayn
    Society
    Rangers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFree
    OK I know I'm not exactly Shaolin material, but I take a small bit of offense at that statement...

...I know alot about EU...

...you can sweat and stuff, there is this cool TP thingy to get around, and the chicks all like to run around in their undies...

Your society has a very respected, and admired reputation, good luck with recruiting. I will keep my 46 agility self with TV

Cheers

P.S please don't shoot me.....
    I think you missed the part about elite laser snipers with 46 agility. That means 10k+ peds in skill chips--this was pointed at instant-ubers, not less skilled players (who wouldn't meet the min skill requirement anyway).

Sounds like pretty tough requirements...

Nice recruiting poster, BTW. lol
    Champion of reason, unraveler of MA's mysteries...forever n00ber
    Myth busters: Evade/Defense Skills Weapon damage Armor decay Unlocking Skills Weapon attachments
    Other esoterica: My Story Luck Project Entropia: what's in a name? More bang

Quote Originally Posted by narfi View Post
    Everything but friendships is clutter

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast