Is the economy crashing atm?

dakini

Guardian
Mistress Yogini Yogini
it just may be me, but my soc mates and i observed that in the last few days
there is a general across the board drop in price in everything in the auction
in addition it seems that things that are normally sold very quick are not being sold at all.

do others have the same observations?
is this a seasonal thing or something more?

if prices go down thats great for me :)

crap game = less player (or less deposit due to strike) = less money = price have to go down.

Maybe itemdrops have been increased.

Either way, the economy is not crashing, it might be influenced by people being hesitant to spend as much money now as the game is acting a bit weird.

My guess is that the prices will be up pressing the roof again shortly.

Yea and also the fact that people lack the motivation atm to logon (Can't hunt can't mine just skate around)...

It'll get fix in a few weeks though and people will then go like "Shit! Why didn't I buy that item earlier it was sooo cheap! Now its double the price :("

Franklon said:
Yea and also the fact that people lack the motivation atm to logon (Can't hunt can't mine just skate around)...

It'll get fix in a few weeks though and people will then go like "Shit! Why didn't I buy that item earlier it was sooo cheap! Now its double the price :("
why can/t they i have had absolutly no problems since the patch today my game is better then it was before the vu last week

Reactions: P-J
Draggger said:
why can/t they i have had absolutly no problems since the patch today my game is better then it was before the vu last week

You are the only person I know of who saw any more than a very minimal improvement. You should read around the entire universe is totally pissed off with a few exceptions of course. You must not mine, this movement crap takes all the fun out of mining as you now have to manually watch your coords any time you drop a bomb instead of being able to count distances.

OMG! The end is near! OMG! It´s all gonna end! *ironi*

Played for atleast 3 years now and you hear the same crap over and over again.

People, there is not going to be a crash, the game is too young for that to begin with.
You are just seeing investors come in. You think (will not mention name) is the biggest investor you will see? Hell no... Wait a couple of years and you will see bigtime investors come into the game. This game is still in beta stages IMHO, wait till the game is fully developed and played by people all over the world.

And yes, prices go up and down. The funny thing is everytime the price makes the slightest movments Up or Down, people start screaming "OMG! THE END IS NEAR" (Often the same type of people you see on the streets with big signs on their chest saying "Jesus is coming" or something like that.)

People... CHILL!

major-rage said:
You are just seeing investors come in. You think (will not mention name) is the biggest investor you will see? Hell no... Wait a couple of years and you will see bigtime investors come into the game. This game is still in beta stages IMHO, wait till the game is fully developed and played by people all over the world.

People... CHILL!

i fully agree with you as of now EU is still in the beta stage...we are just its testers...once it is fully functional there are going to be millions and millions of dollars coming in every week...100,000 for CND will seem like a joke (in fact by that point CND may all but be forgotten, expect for a few lonesome miners and their gangraite )

planets will sell for millions of dollars, spaceship combat, chinese sweat farmers etc...

but to get to that point the economy needs to naturally purge and adjust itself

(and being able to play without taking motion sickness pills would help too.....)

To answer your question, Yes the economy is crashing atm. I't want stay like this forever though. The Idiots at MA will try and fix a few problems to help things along. Keep in mind they will only fix a few of the problems that they created with the last several updates.

In the meantime people stop playing so there is less people to buy items. There is always a few that try and hunt and mine thru this CRAP and they go broke and start selling uber items.

You would think that people would do a LITTLE testing before releasing an update but I guess MA is just different.

Funny that Marco answered all those questions telling everyone how great the upcoming VU's were ..... And Then They Release This LOAD OF DUNG.

HEHE that's just how this game is......play-on:)

imho not even close to crashing, I think it has more to do with the fact that MA in process of fixing MAJOR bugs that are causing conditions which are considered unplayable by many people. I for one have noticed that when I avg 20+ people online in my FL before the last VU, I now avg about 8.

Etopia said:
crap game = less player (or less deposit due to strike) = less money = price have to go down.

its not a crap game, just a short term buggy VU. You should know better than this sort of throw away coment Etopia :eek: - rep

gekkegerrit said:
its not a crap game, just a short term buggy VU. You should know better than this sort of throw away coment Etopia :eek: - rep

ITS NOT A GAME!
Muhaha

gekkegerrit said:

lOOl
So , you do bielieve my comment was a general state of the game for ever , and i would stay 3 year player a game i find crapy since day 1 ?

My comment was for now , exactly what is the thread about.
title : "economy crashing atm?"

dakini said:
it just may be me, but my soc mates and i observed that in the last few days
there is a general across the board drop in price in everything in the auction
in addition it seems that things that are normally sold very quick are not being sold at all.

do others have the same observations?
is this a seasonal thing or something more?

I reply the economie go down now because the game is crapy now...

I through it was not so hard to think my coment was about the thread and not in general.Also i through it was a comment about what is going on now..
but i will rephrase to avoid other rep - ..

crap game NOW= less player NOW (or less deposit NOW due to strike taking place NOW) = less money NOW= price have to go down NOW.

I hope i have put som light on my obscur comment.

Vap0r said:
ITS NOT A GAME!
Muhaha

oh yes it is now :wise: Didnt you notice the new splash-screen on their website. It now just more than a game :D

And about the economics small downs? Hopefully a big chunk of resellers get their hands burned good!
Crash? Naah. Not likely to happen before MA pulls the plug for good, and then we will never know, will we? Our dear virtual possessions floating around in a distant unaccessable virtual galaxy :laugh:

Weeeh - we all die :eek:

Etopia said:
lOOl
So , you do bielieve my comment was a general state of the game for ever , and i would stay 3 year player a game i find crapy since day 1 ?

My comment was for now , exactly what is the thread about.
title : "economy crashing atm?"

I reply the economie go down now because the game is crapy now...

I through it was not so hard to think my coment was about the thread and not in general.Also i through it was a comment about what is going on now..
but i will rephrase to avoid other rep - ..

crap game NOW= less player NOW (or less deposit NOW due to strike taking place NOW) = less money NOW= price have to go down NOW.

I hope i have put som light on my obscur comment.

thanks for posting etopia, i think what you should have said was
THE game NOW= less player NOW (or less deposit NOW due to strike taking place NOW) = less money NOW= price have to go down NOW.

language can be a powerful tool ;)

gekkegerrit said:
thanks for posting etopia, i think what you should have said was
THE game NOW= less player NOW (or less deposit NOW due to strike taking place NOW) = less money NOW= price have to go down NOW.

language can be a powerful tool ;)

You forget "crap"...
And for a game EU is curently a crap game since the basic (mouving) dont work :D

The economie dont go down because its october , or because MA are back from holiday , neither because 1 items is bugged , but because numerous player can not play due to crap mouving . this make PE a crap game for now , was total unplayable for hunter until today...

great time to buy items, sel them later when the player base is happy again. we are all addicted, and will come back.

i however thought today the movement issues were much improved and since i've hunted through it, i still don't understand the major unhappiness. however, after one year, i've been through complaints about crap vus. i agree this is the worst problems associated with a vu. but this will pass, as they have before when this sort of outrage was shown by the base.

see you guys in game, when you come back. i'll be busting my ass trying to hof until then.

Etopia said:
You forget "crap"...
And for a game EU is curently a crap game since the basic (mouving) dont work :D

The economie dont go down because its october , or because MA are back from holiday , neither because 1 items is bugged , but because numerous player can not play due to crap mouving . this make PE a crap game for now , was total unplayable for hunter until today...

Just drop the flowery language and stick to being constuctive, i know the vu is challenged atm, but that still didnt stop me getting a nice 527 ped ambu global today :D

gekkegerrit said:
Just drop the flowery language and stick to being constuctive, i know the vu is challenged atm, but that still didnt stop me getting a nice 527 ped ambu global today :D

I love flowered and imaged language.Its more fun to say i am curently walking like a freaking drunk duck on the ice floe , than saying lag or rubberbanding.
As for the constructive , i have bring my part of lego-post to construct a better game....But its seems MA go hard time to put all the brick together...

Etopia said:
I love flowered and imaged language.Its more fun to say i am curently walking like a freaking drunk duck on the ice floe , than saying lag or rubberbanding.
As for the constructive , i have bring my part of lego-post to construct a better game....But its seems MA go hard time to put all the brick together...

now that's what i call a good constructive flowery post, the kind that i enjoy reading :thumbup:

THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING , resellers get out while you can , we will mop up the mess :)

major-rage said:
OMG! The end is near! OMG! It´s all gonna end! *ironi*

Played for atleast 3 years now and you hear the same crap over and over again.

Exactly.. every new VU is the same thing (sad but true)... You'll have new players crying DOOM! DOOM! but ppl that played a while (I've been playing since March04) just chill and wait till everything goes back to 'normal'

I make my own way.

Is the economy crashing? Answer: NO

Can you sell your items? YES
Do you have to pay a markup for many items? YES

If i want to go for a run IRL and its starts to rain do i sook about it? NO

If i want to run IRL and its raining i don't give a flying F$%k. I'll run and some bullshit rain ain't gonna stop me.

So i'm saying really i'm still playing, i like playing and i make my own way.

So get some balls and get out there.

Older players seem to forget that items are sold to the new players - no new players = price crash. This last week has been a joke - with bugs etc and i will be very surprised if many come back. I have played for a little longer but i have noticed the slowdown in auction etc.
Less players coming in = less buyers = lower prices, and i think this last wk has accelerated this process. I find it crazy the MA have done so well with marketing, only to put off many of the people attracted only a few wks ago. I love EU but this last week did leave me wondering if i should continue. Also less new players = less depositers = lower loot pools and i am sure we will see the effect of that shortly.
Another thing that really upsets the apple cart in my opinion is the total lack of respect that some -(not all thankfully) older players show to new people - i have had it as i am sure others have. After 2 weeks in i was really badly slagged off up near fort argus by so called advanced players with no manners and bad mouths. All i was doing was scanning corns - to which i got Fcuk off noob - i mean with idiots like this is it any wonder new players are not staying?
Thankfully though tonight everything seems playable and I have met really nice older players that have convinced me to stay around. Remember the noobs of today are the depositers and buyers of tomorrow . without them the economy will collapse.

Skunkmonkey said:
Older players seem to forget that items are sold to the new players - no new players = price crash. This last week has been a joke - with bugs etc and i will be very surprised if many come back. I have played for a little longer but i have noticed the slowdown in auction etc.
Less players coming in = less buyers = lower prices, and i think this last wk has accelerated this process. I find it crazy the MA have done so well with marketing, only to put off many of the people attracted only a few wks ago. I love EU but this last week did leave me wondering if i should continue. Also less new players = less depositers = lower loot pools and i am sure we will see the effect of that shortly.
Another thing that really upsets the apple cart in my opinion is the total lack of respect that some -(not all thankfully) older players show to new people - i have had it as i am sure others have. After 2 weeks in i was really badly slagged off up near fort argus by so called advanced players with no manners and bad mouths. All i was doing was scanning corns - to which i got Fcuk off noob - i mean with idiots like this is it any wonder new players are not staying?
Thankfully though tonight everything seems playable and I have met really nice older players that have convinced me to stay around. Remember the noobs of today are the depositers and buyers of tomorrow . without them the economy will collapse.

Nobody is trying to patronise the 'new' players.

Just stating a fact that every VU is the same thing. I remember somewhere early this year (not sure) where the new VU had a memory leak (something to do with chat system)... during that time players were forced to relog every 5mins (Due to extremely lag). After a mini update, the time players are forced to relog got extended to 30mins. Then MA fix the issue. During the infamous 'bad chat' VU, a lot of players were unhappy, players claiming market crash etc... well market prices for items have doubled since then.

The reason the market will never collapse is due to resellers... Yes, a lot of people dislike them, but like it out not, they help stabalize the market during times of trouble.

Is it crashing *yawn* nope - just a blip (not even a blip). The 'rubber banding' issue seems to have been sorted and the game seems better than ever.

If the market is low atm ...then BUY BUY BUY :D

[sarcasm]
I always thought the market was fully controlled by resellers. Maybe they are on vacation :laugh:
[/sarcasm]

major-rage said:
People... CHILL!

yes CHIIIIIIL

180704_7.jpg

-Allow me to break the ice. My name is Freeze. Learn it well. For it's the chilling sound of your doom.

sounds perfectly normal to me. prices has been so high lately and some items are bound to go down since they are, imo, very overpriced. this combined with all the bugs should be a very good reason :) or maybe a major reseller is on vacation? :dunno:

i dont see how the marked could crash unless MA makes the "game" unplayable for a longer period.

Back