Jan

Provider
Society
JamHot W & A
June Jan Perks
Take a moment....
Visit all three Malls...
Add the TPs ...
And you discover its all very, very boring....
All three Malls Are Identical
Has MA lost its imagination?, Concidering the Value of these Malls, you would have thought they would have done more than cut and paste!!
Do you agree? Add you comments please, I can be the onlyone.
Vote....
+ reps appreciated :)

We've been here before with 'cut & paste'. The castles all having the same format, the only variation being the bugs in the land (bouncy pond / vegitation inside / weather inside).

Sure the're the same, but imagine the complaints for bigger downloads and lag when u enter each complex for the first time. Ok sure, I'd rather have that, but theres two sides to MA's coin.

To be honest I'm less concerned that the central hall on each floor looks like 'harrods' (will those tables be used for display??) and that the smallest shop looks like an executive bathroom repleate with 18th century crapping bench. It seems of more pressing concern, that the penthouse suite looks like a medium size apartment. The doors are nice, and the surrounding walkway and balcony has a grandiose feel, just feels a little too dark and pokky inside.

Seperated rooms are nice, they add a sense of real purpose to rooms, rather than an 'area' which make u feel stuck in a student's 'studio flat'.

So when will MA to a copy and paste job on SIBUK's uber pad :drool:

I have visited 2 out of the three malls. I am rather unimpressed. The color schemes certainly leave something to be desired. I'd definitely be calling for a new wallpaper/paint job. However the floors are excellently designed. Very clean looking and pleasing to the eye with the carpeting down the middle. Unfortunately, the painter didn't seem to check with the flooring dept. as to what color would be good because the two clash like hell, imo. I like the uniformity in regards to the shops and find the, I'm guessing, display booths in front of the larger shops nice locations for extra eye candy and very good selling points in the reasoning as to why buy a larger shop. However, what's up with that big circle platform in the middle of every hall? couldn't they come up with a fountain or somehting? It could at the very least use a little landscaping. I don't think I've seen the center of a mall without a few plants scattered about. At least something esthetically pleasing would be nice.

The "penthouse" doesn't really fit my idea of a penthouse. For the money a mall should be going for, I expected something more. Even a third room on a second story would have been great. I think we all could have "Oohed" and "Aahhed" over an upper room with a 360 degree view. At least some sort of little thing to make the penthouse actually feel like something special rather than just another place to unload looted crap.

Overall, I think my reception of the malls was luke warm, at best. Not the worst job ever, but more definitely could have been done.

Hugs,
Aliana

Well I think the mall in twins was pretty okey. Compared to irl malls it is pretty decent. And if you think about it most of the malls irl isnt design so good, atleast not here in Sweden :rolleyes: .

On the subject of MA design work, anyone seen the Skipper on Deathifiers TI, on the north lake. Now that's some nice design work, look like cross between a hover-craft and something out of starwars. Inside is really nice use of port-hole lighting and several sets of rooms, with good potential for 'public' use (raised platform area etc). Maybe we gona here that it was a local university project :laugh:

In which case it's time to do some hiring...

I think the malls look identical now because they are empty. Mindark has hinted at later customisations that the new mall owners will be able to make, such as adding elevators, custom signage and decorations, etc.

Also, as shop owners fill the malls and decorate their shops, each mall will take on its own personality and feel.

I think the malls look identical now because they are empty. Mindark has hinted at later customisations that the new mall owners will be able to make, such as adding elevators, custom signage and decorations, etc.

Also, as shop owners fill the malls and decorate their shops, each mall will take on its own personality and feel.

How you know mall owner could place "addon" such as televator in the mall ?
I havent read anything about such option....

Well on one hand you have a point but then again maybe making them all the same is not such a bad idea?

I only had the time to really look at the mall near Twins. My thoughts where while it was not so original, it was nice looking and seemed to be very functional. I would say that if I were to purchase one I would choice functionality over looks every time.

Now on another note why I don’t mind that the malls are the same is for a few reasons.

*- Probably easier for M.A. to fix bugs and even add to Malls at a latter time.

*- Bought customers and retailers will have a basic idea of navigation and familiarization since all the Malls are built the same way.

*- Will stop a lot of possible complaints like:
- Why do they have a waterfall shooting lasers into the sky, and we only have a stupid sculpture?
- They have refrigerator with bar in there shops and we only have a stupid toilet?
- Why is there shops painted in nice red and black and ours is a stupid Tan?

:scratch2:

Back