Wich mall will be full first...?

Miggobar

Prowler
Society
Planet Express
Miggobar Nostra
Hi all...

well...first..no daubt...for thoes who checked out the maintenence price on the shops in the new malls...it cost a lot just to keep your shop activated and open for buisness...MA must have their very good reasons to put rent this high..??:scratch2:

Having said this, next question on my mind is...are there enough ppl in game there will be willing to pay this high rent...or will all shops be bought by resellers, and leave the malls looking like "ghost malls" for a long time to come....???

Only time will tell us this...but personally I would hate to see this cenario...

SO...as a future investor in some of the malls, I would like to hear from you all...WICH MALL WILL BE FULL OF ACTIVE SHOPS FIRST...?

And pls do the poll too...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49420

Best regards

Miggobar

Last edited:
Emerald if any...

Of 2 reasons:

1. Its the cheapest to rent
2. New LA, means there will be alot of activity at least in the beginning...

To sell highprofitable stuff, you need high-lvl players. Therefore I doubt that PA has any value what so ever since you wont be able to sell the kind of things you need to profit enough to pay the rent.

TP has some high-lvl players along but the lag is horrible.

Since there will be a tp in every mall, I think that the emerald mall will be sold out first. I mean, its as close as any other mall, due to the TPs.

None, at least not in 20 years. :rolleyes:

My guess is none will sell out for a long time. There are already so many stores that are empty and such a small varity of things to offer for sale. And being that the mall should sell for close to 500k each whoever buys them will be selling shops for at least 15k each how many players have that kind of cash to dump into game? On a positive note when the 3 malls sell for a high amount the story of sombody buying a virtual mall for 50 thousand us dollars will bring a flood of new people into the game and jumpstart the economy but that will probly kill the sweat price.

Only way I can see for the malls to get even close to full is for the auction to shut down. I know when I had a shop I could make more money selling in auction so for me it didn't pay to have a shop.

I think the shops at PA will do okay as they have a ready market of noobs entering the game and looking to buy their first armor and weapons. May even see the price of lower-end armor go up a bit with the increased visibilty of these. I think the noobs will be less scared of getting scammed from a shop than a guy in underwear selling them with misspelled spam messages.

Good luck to all the new shop/mall owners. I hope you get your investment back sometime. Me? I'l be wasting my ped on hunting :laugh:

Only way I can see for the malls to get even close to full is for the auction to shut down. I know when I had a shop I could make more money selling in auction so for me it didn't pay to have a shop.

I think the shops at PA will do okay as they have a ready market of noobs entering the game and looking to buy their first armor and weapons. May even see the price of lower-end armor go up a bit with the increased visibilty of these. I think the noobs will be less scared of getting scammed from a shop than a guy in underwear selling them with misspelled spam messages.

Good luck to all the new shop/mall owners. I hope you get your investment back sometime. Me? I'l be wasting my ped on hunting :laugh:

Some interresting points here....but can you even break even on selling low end armor to noobs..???

This game would have to have about 20 times more active players first before one of these malls has all of its shops sold AND active.

Theoretically, all the shops could be sold within the first day of the mall being bought, but I doubt very much whether if more than a couple of these shops would sustain itself and be profitable for the owners just at the moment. There are just not enough shoppers at the moment.

They may be all sold for investment/speculative purposes though....

Reactions: RR1
The only way i can see those malls working to begin is if the mall owners sell one one floor at a time to very active shop owners to get at least one active mall level going and atract customers. Probibly be some time before any of the malls is fully active due to the high rents

Emerald has the best chance of them all I think. Its not that far from new oxford and not so hard a run plus the low rents let a owner make sales at normal markups.

I've said it before.. If one of the buyers is smart they will have deals in place with people like Buzz, Etopia, Slither, Auktuma to open up shop. This will bring lots of traffic and give them a leg up on the other malls.

FWIW, I'll eat my hat, which Etopia made :laugh:, if at least one of her socmates doesn't own at least one of the malls, so that might give that person a headstart right there.

Someone like Buzz could sell amps at the same profit for himself at a lower retail cost in a shop (I think...?) because of the new auction fees. This would surely get people in the door.

In the end.. the first mall to be full will be the one run by the smartest businessman.. I don't think the location matters too much because all three locations are pretty good.

I dont think any will get full first.

I'd guess that all 3 will get up to around the 50% mark and stay there. They all have their own distinct advantage / disadvantages.

2 days left!!

Back