Basic leather extractor
Fine wool
Paint (dark blue, green, mauve)
Second-Rate cloth extractor
Soft hide
Thin wool
Wool

Last edited by a moderator:
Any idea where the big ants are? Entropedia shows no ... Been hunting around formicacida nest and never seen anything above ravager.

The big ones were at the end day of the eomon event around the crater N of Echidna.

Cheers
Richard
(ingame Siam)

Pkmx, ants are in the LA NE of wolverine hope. rough cords are 23000 19500.
best of luck, my soc mate got a 2K ped ant there 6 weeks ago. mining is good there too.

There are scattered ants west of Troy near the river, if I remember rightly. I think there are higher maturities here but I don't know how common they are, I never had a good look round this (rather scary) area.

------- ---------- ------------ ------- ------

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys.

But quote myself ...

Any idea where the big ants are? Entropedia shows no ... Been hunting around formicacida nest and never seen anything above ravager.

Any ideas about those? I've been to the formi land for almost 20 times and the max I see is just ravager, and about far west of troy, hmm, I'm not sure, have only killed a few weaks and one ravagar there if I remember right.

Oh and they loot ESI for sure (almost everything drops ESI I think ...), and FAP-80 (looted 2 from them).

Their hits seems to be disrupted a lot if you use a fast gun.

Last edited:
I think Gandalf's land used to go up to Queen when Voland owned it, but no more.

Damage type update:
Quite contrary to wiki, Formicacida (Weak) actually do Cut, Stab and Acid.

Not sure in what proportions, its a bit hard to test this one.

just been hunting these... im not in to testing but the weaks do 1dmg through angel+5b, so hows that work with acid? Watchers can do 85 which is more than Strongs, so maybe they are a bit buggy/irregular?

just been hunting these... im not in to testing but the weaks do 1dmg through angel+5b, so hows that work with acid? Watchers can do 85 which is more than Strongs, so maybe they are a bit buggy/irregular?

That'll be the whole damage-given-to-plates-as-well-as-armour thing. Can't be bothered to explain right now but it means they can still do acid damage. Jimmy B's How Armour Works thread probably explains it.

What I want to know is, what the hell are you doing with Angel?!?!??

I was told the maturity were turned down on formacacida nest quite a long time ago because the queen was as hard hitting as a spider :eek:

I killed a majestic w of troy not so long back (it didnt get to hit me iirc) so maybe it spawns somewhere around there - ive never seen one before and i couldnt resist the temptation to try it :laugh:

I do remember it didnt global :rolleyes:

I was told the maturity were turned down on formacacida nest quite a long time ago because the queen was as hard hitting as a spider :eek:

I killed a majestic w of troy not so long back (it didnt get to hit me iirc) so maybe it spawns somewhere around there - ive never seen one before and i couldnt resist the temptation to try it :laugh:

I do remember it didnt global :rolleyes:

Very hard to find the formics now with all those high health allophyll :mad: The lie under the grass.. only seen watcher(they are huge :eek:)+ one destroyer...and frequented the spot before I could kill the damn things properly

Formics seem to have a strange genesis pattern as krelt
e.g. dome 1/2 krelt y-m-o-A-pr/gu-OA-P-S
formic: w-str-rav-wtchr-dstryr--------------maj-queen
NEVER EVER seen a soldier, hunter or chaser :eek:

I haven't checked whether the formcs have been altered like the oculus... mayb time for a nother run on thme (been a lonnnng time...)

Found a couple of watchers on the LA NE of wolverine the other day - first time I had ever seen one. Here is the scan - more health than both the strong and the ravager:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Qweeg

Met a watcher in troy and was able to test it's damage (because i *let* it hit me, right? >_>)
To compare damage ranges (my setup jag/phantom+8a) The max damage i receive from maturites
Weak 50
Strong 80
Ravager 90
Watcher 110 :eek:

So maybe there is no acid in the weak :scratch2: hits like phasm to me
Watcher also hits noticeably more often than ravager @ level 33 evader (maybe 50% instead of 20-25%)

following on other talk about the acid issue, thought id test these using Angel without plates, as much to test the method as prove anything about Angel/acid/formi.

Formiant weak
lowest hit: 15.7
highest: 54

what does this mean? assuming wiki max un-armoured is correct at 116, the max damage not impact/stab/cut is 27%.

for the record, with 5b the lowest was 1 and highest hit recorded 40, though by then the armour was a little damaged. unfortunatly this higher number does match the existing wiki number (including 33% acid) of 39, so really it just muddies the water :confused:

following on other talk about the acid issue, thought id test these using Angel without plates, as much to test the method as prove anything about Angel/acid/formi.

Formiant weak
lowest hit: 15.7
highest: 54

what does this mean? assuming wiki max un-armoured is correct at 116, the max damage not impact/stab/cut is 27%.

for the record, with 5b the lowest was 1 and highest hit recorded 40, though by then the armour was a little damaged. unfortunatly this higher number does match the existing wiki number (including 33% acid) of 39, so really it just muddies the water :confused:

OK, let's start by assuming the Stab/Cut/Acid protection on Formicacida is correct, and that the 116 is correct, and see if it fits your figures.

Angel unplated is going to protect you 30 Stab + 30 Cut + 0 Acid = 60 total protection.

So on a max hit of 116, after protection the max hit would be 56. Looks good, close to your figure.

Minimum hit would be 58 before protection, which is less than your total protection level, so you will always be protecting the Cut and Stab portions fully, but the acid will always get through the armour. So your 15.7 minimum would have been purely acid.

If the distribution on a minimum hit is something like 15 acid, 21 cut, 22 stab, that would work with your minimum figures.

So it seems your figures to roughly fit what we thought we knew, though indicate that the acid portion is less than 33%.

As Jimmy B said earlier in the thread, he didn't get a fix on the %s anyway, so 33% was always something of a guess.

Could be that the 116 max figure is a little off too.

Here's 30 seconds of formi animation, courtesy of an unusually lively dead one.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAv19s94XIk[/YOUTUBE]

Could be that the 116 max figure is a little off too.

Unless MA changed it the weak and strong max damage are accurate. based on quite a few weeks of taking unarmored hits on the HU opalo hunts.

Random stat - According to Entropia Tracker, there have been 201 globals on Formicacidas since there was last a HOF on them. In other words, the last time there was a loot over 236 ped was 202 globals ago. For a mob hitting for over 100 , that is a bit disturbing in my opinion!!

Forrest :)

unfortunately there are only mainly youngs ingame atm. If we had queens, i'm sure we'd have a LOT more hofs ;)

Confirmed loots in vu 9.4.4 by me:

- FAP-80
- Thunderbird Harness (M,L) and (F,L)
- Isis BL1000 (L)

Forrest :)

These received a visual overhaul this last VU as well.

Can you improve the loot please? Not the appearance.

Uber mob, not too hard but needs serious skills to kill them. The loot is as bad as Atrox Young :scratch2:

It deserves a better loot table.

Can you improve the loot please? Not the appearance.

Uber mob, not too hard but needs serious skills to kill them. The loot is as bad as Atrox Young :scratch2:

It deserves a better loot table.

yes, currently looting tbird harness L or cb19L or BL1000, what a worthwhile mob to hunt!

Status
Back