Merry Mayhem - UPDATED

Status
Hmm it seems like MA is trying to Tell us something would it be GIVE ME YOUR MONEY SUCKERS AND SCREW OFF?

I think So

I would Love to Know who at MA thinks up these kind of Events. they Need a Serious Reality Check:eyecrazy: You Guys have a Voting system Right in Game available to be used and you dont touch it at all If you wqant to avoid Stupid squabbles like this one USE THE DAMNED VOTING MACHINES OR TAKE THEM OUT

because it's fking xmas dude... if u want to do something wonderful for this community, do it ffs.. if not, just pick the ubers from a top list, give them some gifts (Land Area, Shadow set :p ) and that's it, don't bull sht everyone with this crapy "event"

Envy is a wonderfull thing, isnt it?

Well... Could always make it loot based, then it would have very little to do with what weapon you have. :)

Although I think at the moment its fair. considering the great L weapons around.

for Atrox and Exo, A middle range weapon will probably kill them as fast as you can find them? :).

So I think its fair.

So you can keep up with someone with a MM on atrox ....or worse, someone with a MM and mod FAP on Mfs ? the points matter when this time is so low and weapons dmg/sec is so important.

Only ubers can afford the weapons to win this, their only problem prior to this (as stated by Star and Skalman in the previous thread) ...was time which is now eliminated as a barrier.

Anyone with the nuts to stay awake and play for 12 hrs a day at ANY level should have had a chance to win something here. They would have if it hadn't been a extreme to other extreme time limit....no middle sensible ground at all.

Why the hell even include Exas at all if low/mid lvl guys without unlimited funds weren't intended to get a chance in this ...their only advantage to make up for weaponry and skills was time and grinding away at low lvl mobs a point a go.

I agree with one thing about this event....the madness part. :laugh:

t

one thing i rely dont understand

evry dam time ther do sumthing ther haw never think it out befor the drop a post whit it

make the event talk abudt it in the compani ther is lik 50 pepols sum most haw a brain ther

after that make a smal layout and then drop it to the pepols

i haw workt whit netpartys in more in 15 yers

it takes sum time to make it right we cuten just dump sum out ther wosent think all the way thru so pepols understand the rulls and all

MA, Why not just implement an event timer, where you press it to start, it then joins u to the event, and press it to stop, where it discons u from the event, all other time ingame is not attached to your event time, and any event mob killed outside of being 'in' the event doesnt count either.

After 6 hours in any 24hr period the timer auto disconnects you from event.

When i log in, im at cp. I gotta get rid of all my stuff, come down and change armour/plates etc, ammo up, repair, get to preffered hunting ground. That could take~30 minutes. so then, i got 5hrs 30 minutes to hunt, whereas others, more fortunate with the timing, are already sorting this now so at 18:00UTC they can log in the middle of their hunting ground, fully equipped with enough ammo for 6 hrs*cough, and are already 30 mins better off than me in that days hunt before a mob has even been shot.

I never imagined a land grab to be like this lol. I imagined a take and hold the LA sort of event which examined your pvp skills. With this sort of event the person who can take down the mobs fastest within the 6 hour time limit is going to win :/. May aswel just give the prizes out now to the three with the biggest bank accounts. This isnt an event, events are either won due to skill, team work or luck. This is neither, I would wish those taking part good luck, but it wont make any difference we all know whos going to win.

Hmm it seems like MA is trying to Tell us something would it be GIVE ME YOUR MONEY SUCKERS AND SCREW OFF?

I think So

I would Love to Know who at MA thinks up these kind of Events. they Need a Serious Reality Check:eyecrazy: You Guys have a Voting system Right in Game available to be used and you dont touch it at all If you wqant to avoid Stupid squabbles like this one USE THE DAMNED VOTING MACHINES OR TAKE THEM OUT

Did you miss the part where MA is giving away a Land Area, full Shadow armor, and 10 000 PEDs worth of resources?

Get a grip. If you don't want to participate then don't!

Well either way, Thanks for having this event MA.

And amazing prizes!.

Last edited:
So you can keep up with someone with a MM on atrox ....or worse, someone with a MM and mod FAP on Mfs ?

Yes. Because the Mfs spawn is not big enough for all good pk'ers ingame. Think before you write, m8.

And on low atroxes, a MM user could loose in 10 days easily 10k peds without any warranty to win.

And I wish this post will stop all useless whinings.

oh yeah i'm sure MA wouldnt rather have you spend peds all god damn day :rolleyes:. that makes lot of sense... the only fawkin reason they added the rule was to please lil fuckin whiners like you that whine no matter what

:whiner:

marco i can se you look at this

if you rely got so meny problems to run a event

just ask neomaven abudt help hes dam good to make things lik that

and i bet he wod make it right the first time and not post sum ther wos haf don

Relax a bit... whatever will be... will be ;)
[YOUTUBE]kwDWNKgD_rM[/YOUTUBE]

Well, the changes are pretty good I think (to prevent sharers, full-time players and also health risks), but with the fact of the disqualification I completely disagree, instead points made after the limit simply shouldn't count [X] my vote ;)

This is just so awsome u added these rules, thanks allot MA :yay: Looking from health persective atleast. ;)
But what i wonder, wont the persons competing be allowed to be LOGGED ON for more then 6 hours day? o_O
my normal time spent is about 12 hours/day and cuting that to half.. it would mean i have to be social irl to not get bored. :O! horrible thought :(

Edit:
And even when MA changes the rules, someone isnt happy. ;) i cant recall who said it, but its damn true, no matter what MA do some people will whine about it. thats for sure..

(I cant help to still see that i like the thought of 24/7 hunting, to let only the true hardcore get a chanse, but ... well, as people said, then shared accounts would be the thing that made a diffrence, and ofc that is not fair play, so in this way atleast everyone gets a chanse, even during chrismas, since i surely got 6 hours on chrismas and new year to spend in EU for this event)

Last edited:
How to win this event: (as rules are NOW)
  1. Grab an Unique Dub & McCormick Terminator
  2. Position you in an landgrab - standing solid on same spot with 5000 ped ammo.
  3. Get a lot of friends being runners and dragging tons of trox youngs to you.
  4. Kill 'em all
  5. WHAM U made yourself an landarea
  6. Same goes for 2nd price, just a bunch of Svempa XT (L) and ammo
  7. and same for 3rd price...
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Isn't the mob being counted - not the loot size? Then I would say standing in the middle of an exo spawn with a small gun would do the same ....

I think ubers are at a major advantage do to the time factor, even if they can only kill mobs 25% faster then the regualr person that is still 25% advantage but I dont think its 25%, I think its maybe more like 200 to 300% faster with a mm.

So at the very least if a uber with mm or imk2 / term can kill 2 or 3 mobs in the same time it takes for the average hunter to kill one mob, then the time factor will be a huge advantage to a uber.

My point is simple.....

I am a disabled single mum who loves to play entropia...I would average 12 to 20 hrs A DAY.....

I sometimes spend stupid ped in my game play and also spend many hrs chatting with friends or skilling cheaply when I dont have much ped to spend....

I have played here with absolute dedication I DO NOT play other games this is it......

Finally I have an event that will be within my grasp if I just focus my efforts and MA say they are going to disqualify me if I stay logged in for more than 6 hrs .....

I am gutted because I finally saw something that my dedication and persistance, my staunch to put up with the boredom and monotony of the same mob for long hrs of skilling were going to be a benefit to me....
and MA cut my throat by saying tough titties you cant compete if you want to spend more than 6 hrs online!!!!!!!

Tere had a great idea have an event timer where only 6 hrs of your gameplay is going to count and you can spend that 6hrs at any time over the 24 hr period..

2. Position you in an landgrab - standing solid on same spot with 5000 ped ammo.
  4. Kill 'em all

I will still go with my tactic; Cobra rockets lucnher, allot of atrox young and blast them to hell :laugh:

how farst ar you killing a exa whit a XT gun
even if you ar a noob first day in game

???????????????

HAHaHhHAHHAH best thing ever now its alot off difrent ppl can win this event best move by MA!! thanks alot!!! Now its fair! :D Iam going 4 the prices now 100% sure ohh this is going 2 be great

Yes. Because the Mfs spawn is not big enough for all good pk'ers ingame. Think before you write, m8.

And on low atroxes, a MM user could loose in 10 days easily 10k peds without any warranty to win.

And I wish this post will stop all useless whinings.

So...you would have a chance of beating Star or Skalman in this event?
No. Simple as that. Not many would. the size of spawn doesn't matter much in PvP 4 as there won't be many alive to use it with top PKers like those two in there.

A good soc who trusted each other completely can win this easily, and they do exist at the top end of the spectrum as we all know.

As for useless whining..didn't MA just make changes due to "useless whining" because they obviously saw the point?

they just took it way too far to be fair and make a real competition of this event is all...the main idea is great in itself.

t

4. Kill 'em all

What stops you from the Svempa XT (L) and ammo?
And dont say "cash" because thats not a valid reason...
If you want to win, you will have to bet!

Cool, wish I had six hours a day to spend in EU.

What stops you from the Svempa XT (L) and ammo?
And dont say "cash" because thats not a valid reason...
If you want to win, you will have to bet!

Damage Profession: Ranged BLP (Dmg)
Rec.: 66 Levels
Maxed: 76 Levels

how farst ar you killing a exa whit a XT gun
even if you ar a noob first day in game

???????????????

haha that newbie i want as diciple. :laugh: hunting exas with XT first thing he dose :silly2:

tbh. i think even a newbie takes down that exa in one shot with that gun

Relax a bit... whatever will be... will be ;)
[YOUTUBE]kwDWNKgD_rM[/YOUTUBE]

wow a oldie but a goodie :)

love that song :)

To me the new and improved rules doesnt make sense.

First of all, if someone has nothing better to do than play 20hrs/day throughout the ENTIRE holidays, then oh my god please give him/her a LA, god knows s/he probably didnt get any other xmas gifts.

Second, die from EU? Cmon. If they wanna push themselves to that, then that's possible during other times aswell, not just during this event, and it's a choice you as a participant make and not on Mindarks responsibility. And it only goes to show that natural selection is alive and kicking. :rolleyes:

Third, a Virtual Universe (in my book) would equal social interaction of sorts. Limiting a participant to 6hrs playtime per 24hrs means that those 6 hrs will be completly devoted to hardcore hunting (with a minimum of chat, min of trade, min of chilling, min of browsing), followed by an immediate logout and then login to another game most likely. Oh the joy of being part of a virtual online experience where you're limited to the amount of time you can spend online w/o being disqualified from the (afaik) the highest prize contest so far. The change to the contest rules are not only alienating participants from the developers due to badly implemented restrictions but also from other participants due to said rules.

If account sharing is such a big issue, then set a 10 day activity cap instead of a day cap. For 10 days the sleeping time needed would normally be 60-80 hrs. Minus 30 for dedication, and you end up with say 40 hrs of minimum sleep. So just set a 10day cap of 200 hrs, and let people stay up for 2 days straight hunting or spread out their hunting as they please. Even with the 6hrs/24 hrs this is badly needed - give us a 60 hr counter and let us see how much time we have left until we're disqualified.

In conclusion, if Mindark feels the need to restrict the event-gaming to 6hrs/day then by all means: their contest, their rules. But to disqualify people from the contest because they enjoy Mindarks product and want to spend time using it? Thats a magnificently stupid move.

Status
Back