The Mad prophet

At what stage of the mission did you receive the intelligence gain?
I certainly didn't get it after completing the final stage (screenshot before and after). But might have gotten it earlier without noticing.

the intel gain was on the final stage reward at the same time as taking the perception and getting the book.

Interesting, seems like the conversation options have a big impact on this mission then.
Butch C got an extra mission and some of us get intelligence gain and some of us don't.
Unfortunately I don't remember what conversation options I went for, I tried them all just to see all his responses and picked one at random in the end.

Dont complain about the loot to him :) he goes off and you have to relog to speak to him again, now i have to do an atonement mission to get back in his good books... stinkin prophet

Hehe I'm liking this mission more and more.

Look at the bright side you may get a special reward for the atonement than us who didn't bitch about loot :)

Interesting, seems like the conversation options have a big impact on this mission then.
Butch C got an extra mission and some of us get intelligence gain and some of us don't.
Unfortunately I don't remember what conversation options I went for, I tried them all just to see all his responses and picked one at random in the end.

That fits in with what they said they wanted missions to be. We just got used to the lame iron type missions kill x mobs and forgot this.

made a nice better readable version of the QR code

qr2.jpg

and if you wanna try and read it go here: http://zxing.org/w/decode.jspx

You have to be rude to get the extra mission. It was hinted in another thread by FPC|Pioneer: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...lease-2010.5&p=2577389&viewfull=1#post2577389

Look at the bright side you may get a special reward for the atonement than us who didn't bitch about loot :)

I wouldnt say bitching :) the mad bastard asked me a question and gave me responses to choose from :) one of them was "loot was rubbish" so i was being truthfull at first :) then after that responce he got a bit offended and the next question asked if i wanted to continue or something along those lines and one of the responces was "do i have to pay for my ammo this time?" thats when he cracked ths shits and refused to speak to me untill i reloged and then sent me on my atonement mission, from then on i wasnt a smart arse :) but it's things like that that make it unexpeeted, gratz to MA or FPC whoever the hell does it for giving me a laugh and a bit of a twist as i did the mission.

Can you tell us what the atonement mission is and if there is any reward (or a different outcome at the end)?

basically - The Atonement mission"

1. go to the centre of the volcano

2, Meet the cyclops (im guessing that is the eye of the volcano, the lava)

3. Dont use/resort to violence (dont get attacked or attack anthing)

then go back to the prophet

if you get attacked or shoot anything you fail and have to wait 1 hour to go again (soc member found that out today :).

no reward as far as i can see other than he talks to you again and you can carry on to the next part of the mission.

Just basically giving you a hard time for back chatting :)

I will finish the evi's tonight then we will see if anything is different at the end but i doubt it, was just a funny twist they threw in.

cheers

i handled the first part easily in Sema+6A using my trusty Maddox IV+Beast and my Litcher Hunting Carbine. Got Some of my Sema Tier 1 and 2 discovered as well....

At what stage of the mission did you receive the intelligence gain?
I certainly didn't get it after completing the final stage (screenshot before and after). But might have gotten it earlier without noticing.
Nvm this. The chipping optimizer web interface rounded my 94.6 intelligence to 95 when I uploaded the before screenshots. So when I compared to my 95.6 in game later I thought I hadn't gained any. :newbie:

basically - The Atonement mission"

1. go to the centre of the volcano

2, Meet the cyclops (im guessing that is the eye of the volcano, the lava)

3. Dont use/resort to violence (dont get attacked or attack anthing)

then go back to the prophet

if you get attacked or shoot anything you fail and have to wait 1 hour to go again (soc member found that out today :).

no reward as far as i can see other than he talks to you again and you can carry on to the next part of the mission.

Just basically giving you a hard time for back chatting :)

I will finish the evi's tonight then we will see if anything is different at the end but i doubt it, was just a funny twist they threw in.

cheers

After or during what mission did you get to do this one?
Finding the Path or Walking the Path?
It is before Opening the Gates, right?

Any mission after Opening the Gates?

it was after i had done the drokas, he asked how the loot was i was honest and chose "loot was rubbish" he wasnt happy :) I'm guessing if you answer any questions with a bit of fun your gonna get punished by him at some stage, if you answer all nice and respectful ya safe :) but how boring is that

it was after i had done the drokas, he asked how the loot was i was honest and chose "loot was rubbish" he wasnt happy :) I'm guessing if you answer any questions with a bit of fun your gonna get punished by him at some stage, if you answer all nice and respectful ya safe :) but how boring is that

Bit of freudian slip there on how MA would like tp punish us for bitching about loot. :) They`ve found a clever way to do it. I know Marco showed several times here on forum how annoyed he was by questions about loot.

Bit of freudian slip there on how MA would like tp punish us for bitching about loot. :) They`ve found a clever way to do it. I know Marco showed several times here on forum how annoyed he was by questions about loot.

I wonder if it will have consequences in later missions, if you bitch to much, you actually might get punished the hard way with a lesser reward :eek:
At least you will have done 1 more missions than the non-bitchers :laugh:

Hey the mad bastard doesnt want the truth then dont ask the question :) It isnt bitching when you get asked "How was the loot" maybe your loots were good, or maybe your just to gutless to tell the man the truth.

Was same result in the end, 1 intell, Book of Machines and i took perception 4097 to 4287

The Mad prophet also said "thanks for being honest Butch" here have 40k ped everyone else were YES men they get nothin!! heheheh, by the way that isnt actually true for those of the gullible variety :)

I saw Armenian 10 mins ago in front of the Prophet...
I'd like to know if he told loot was rubbish LOL
(gz again :D)

Finished this last night and took Handgun, so with data from previous posts in this thread:

Handgun 7751 to 7776 = 13 PED
Perception 4097 to 4287 = 9.9 PED
Rifle 5097 to 5185 = 10.3 PED

Calculated using Chipping Optimizer Tool: http://jdegre.net/pe/unlocker.php

Plus 1 Intellegence and the book.

Finished this last night and took Handgun, so with data from previous posts in this thread:

Calculated using Chipping Optimizer Tool: http://jdegre.net/pe/unlocker.php

Plus 1 Intellegence and the book.
Wait, here we have some differences between Jdegre's and Doer's tool, especially on Handgun. Doer's tool gives the following numbers:

Handgun 7751 to 7776 = 8.85 PED
Could even be between 8.57 and 9.18 depending on the decimals of your skills, kebplay. Do you have them as well?

Perception 6461.04 to 6487.1 = 9.51 PED
Which is also what Skippie reported ("around 9.50 ped tt") after picking that one.

Rifle 5097.25 to 5184.96 = 10.55 PED

My guess is that MA/FPC only pick integers or half-integers for the rewards, seems to have been following that pattern with previous rewards as well. So perhaps 9 PED Handgun, 9.50 PED Perception and 10.50 Rifle are the rewards here?

Doesn't matter that much I guess, but I reacted on the relatively big difference between your number from Jdegre's tool and my number with Doer's for the Handgun reward and wanted to reply with this since I saw you posted your numbers in three threads now already.

Perception 6461.04 to 6487.1 = 9.51 PED

Rifle 5097.25 to 5184.96 = 10.55 PED

The important thing is to know that everyone receives the same reward. Though I would hazard that the differences are the tool's disfunctionality (margin of error) and all those values are 10ped. Not sure to who a difference of 1 or .5 ped TT matters if they've finished this mission.

we can use linear approximation with jdegre's tool (ignores decimals , so 5049.9 is the same as 5049)
5097-147.94
5098-148.06
5184-157.28
5185-157.37
5097.25=(148.06-147.94)*.25+147.94=147.97
5184.96~5185=157.37
157.37-147.97=9.40
9.40*10/9=10.44

I would say that neither are correct :p

Could even be between 8.57 and 9.18 depending on the decimals of your skills, kebplay. Do you have them as well?

7751.18 to 7776.83

Hey is there any spawn of drokas near the Prophet? On entropedia it says theres a dense low-gen spawn of drokas south east of him, dont see anything out there but warriors and high-gen drones.

The important thing is to know that everyone receives the same reward. Though I would hazard that the differences are the tool's disfunctionality (margin of error) and all those values are 10ped. Not sure to who a difference of 1 or .5 ped TT matters if they've finished this mission.
Agreed, the tools only give approximations and I also think it's safe to say everyone does receive the same tt reward. Might also be that all those three rewards are in fact 10 PED yes, would make sense.

Agreed, the tools only give approximations and I also think it's safe to say everyone does receive the same tt reward. Might also be that all those three rewards are in fact 10 PED yes, would make sense.

I agree. It is my observation that both tools are off from a skillpoint level of 5000+. At this level the tools seem to be -0.50 and +0.50 off.
Below that the values are pretty accurate around whole TT ped rewards -0.03 to +0.03.
And it seems that from a 7000+ skill level the tools are even more than -1 and +1 ped off

The post of Perception is lowest to-from skilllevel currently posted:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-Mad-prophet&p=2580750&viewfull=1#post2580750
which states 4097-4287 which is 9.99 ped TT

Last edited:
i did another talk after drokas and also got Atonment mission, if I remember, when prophet asked what i learnt about robots i said that they cost money to kill, he said that it is war and I replied something like "So what, it still cost money"

Back