Quite an obvious flaw in the Terms of Service

Konve

Marauder
David Konve Williams
The terms of serice is, obviously, an agreement.

But, who does it apply to? Us obviously, to an extent - depending on how you choose to read the law, after what has happened. But I actually forgot if it was FPC, Mindark or someone else "on the other side of the table". So I looked in the ToS - no go. At least, as far as I can tell, there is not a single mention of WHO operates the forum;

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/content.php?115-planet-calypso-forum-terms-of-service

The closest thing I get is
The administrators, owners and operators of PlanetCalypsoForum.com (hereinafter "Administrators") (...)
So.. yeah.. just thought I'd point it out.

If you want to have names appear on the list (i.e. RL-names like Hanne's) I don't think it would be of use. I mean, every time some admin or mod quits his/her job the ToS would need to be rewritten. I think that it's common to use the titles of the ones in charge.

If you are looking for a company name I tend to agree. Even if you look at the bottom of every page you get the following copyright:

Copyright ©2005 - 2010, PlanetCalypsoForum.com.
Entropia Universe is a registered trademark of Mindark PE AB.
All other copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Not even that names FPC. This really is weird. :scratch2:

If you want to have names appear on the list (i.e. RL-names like Hanne's) I don't think it would be of use. I mean, every time some admin or mod quits his/her job the ToS would need to be rewritten. I think that it's common to use the titles of the ones in charge.

If you are looking for a company name I tend to agree. Even if you look at the bottom of every page you get the following copyright:

Not even that names FPC. This really is weird. :scratch2:

Yes I mean the company. The bit at the bottom has nothing to do with it, it's a typical "Don't sue us, we might sue you"-note. :rolleyes:

WHOIS information for planetcalypsoforum.com :

[Registrar: domaininfo.com
Domain Name: planetcalypsoforum.com

[Owner of domain name]
First Planet Company AB
Järntorget 8
Göteborg, 413 04
SE

Record created: 08 OCT 2008
Record last changed: 22 SEP 2009
Record expires: 08 OCT 2012

Name servers according to DNS:
ns2.mindark.com.
ark16.dmz.gbg.mindark.com.
ns4.mindark.com.
ns3.mindark.com.
ns1.mindark.com.

Seems pretty standard to me. Why would they put real names? What happens if Hanne quits, is the contract void? No. What happens if SOE buys FPC, is the contract void? No.

Seems pretty standard to me. Why would they put real names? What happens if Hanne quits, is the contract void? No. What happens if SOE buys FPC, is the contract void? No.

Quite missed the point, didn't you? It doesn't say FPC in the terms, anywhere. That's the point.

Here

http://www.planetcalypso.com/planet-calypso/community-sites/forums/

you can read

Planet Calypso Forum

Official forum for Planet Calypso with many advanced features like Virtual Economy, Reputation & Fame, member upload Gallery, Events Calendar and much more.

If that brings any light :confused:

EDIT:
and of the bottom of this page is the Facebook of Planet Calypso and Twitter of EntropiaNews.
probably all of this is property of MA

and you are right this is some undercover operation from MA, but I guess when you explore distant planets you have to expect .... some surprises I guess

Last edited:
Back