VU 8.7 Preview

Wow, i couldn't beleive what I was reading...

LOL I dare ya to use a 106 on opalo now..... :)

... I sense a price drop coming.....

For great! now skilling is officially NOT possible anymore!

yay for MA taking away the only thing I enjoy in this game :dunce:

:edit: Shit im to sad to even write a support case... damn I was gonna deposit 13k ped this month. guess there is no point now.
Unless they add some new superior noob guns I will have nothing to do in here anymore...

Last edited:
Will the apocalypse arive to Calypso? :confused:

Looks superb,
at last maybe an end to the opalo armies lol

Well, ok, they are doing something reasonable here, but what happened to the items they stated to be their next priority, i.e development of taming, mindforce, perhaps other professions, stamina, food/drink etc...

Or Is the excerpt just one of the things they are changing?

so.... basically there gonna add neato little things in it and then change amplifiers so that people with low level equipment are pretty much forced to hunt very low level mobs, and have to upgrade to use their amps....

oh if i cant use my a105 anymore the way i want.... i certainly wont be happy.... (its not like they made it hard enough as it is to make a profit for me... which im actually not, dispite the fact that im hunting as efficiently as possible, but now they gotta make it so I HAVE to upgrade my equipment and lose more peds :/)

Oh? and now I have to spend even more peds to skill up as it is now? Great... just great...

Guess ill just have to wait and see...

And we dont need a new hud or lighting effects!

WE NEED BUGS KILLED!

Can ya put hat in the preview of the VU instead?

More things to normal ppl deposit...More and exepensive huntings times to come...

wow I'm glad you guys are keeping it simply this time , no big changes lol

gonna be carnage this next VU , kygon chucks goldcard in storage and wonders off into the sunset :rolleyes:

I like the update but it leaves one question open, are poor players scrwed over? I don't ahve ped's to hunt witha big gun, the only thing I can afford now is an opalo, and if an amp's damage will be reduced wth am I supposed to do? Hunt Fugubaras?

nice maybe our avatars will have thoses peds also? :p

nice idea's looks good

Sounds great.. but I would like to see more bug fixes...

The new changes with the Amps throws out the economy of many weapons.

When is this 8.7 going online?

Tor said:
I like the update but it leaves one question open, are poor players scrwed over? I don't ahve ped's to hunt witha big gun, the only thing I can afford now is an opalo, and if an amp's damage will be reduced wth am I supposed to do? Hunt Fugubaras?

yeah thats also very true dindt think about that :confused:

Tor said:

Stick to Chirpies....they haven't globalled in a while... They're due.....

Ok guys... I went ahead and made this reflect in the stats @ http://entropiatools.com/avgdmgpec.php

This is making some assumptions obviously.
1. The decay for the amp when it is being "limited" is still the same as when it is not.
2. The min dmg is still of course based on a % of the max, even the "limited" max.

Obviously I make no claims the correctness 100% since I haven't seen the final result in game.

It aint pretty...

Best amp you can use with opalo is the a101 now.

We're going to see some new kings of efficiency arrive here, Korss 380+a103 and Korss 400+a10X for example.

wow

CareBear said:
Ok guys... I went ahead and made this reflect in the stats @ http://entropiatools.com/avgdmgpec.php

This is making some assumptions obviously.
1. The decay for the amp when it is being "limited" is still the same as when it is not.
2. The min dmg is still of course based on a % of the max, even the "limited" max.

Obviously I make no claims the correctness 100% since I haven't seen the final result in game.

It aint pretty...

Best amp you can use with opalo is the a101 now.

We're going to see some new kings of efficiency arrive here, Korss 380+a103 and Korss 400+a10X for example.

wow

Can you imagine the loss of efficiency using Maddox IV+Dante?

Thanks for the heads up Marco i like the looks of it

SB2 said:
LOL I dare ya to use a 106 on opalo now..... :)

... I sense a price drop coming.....

I smell depreciation in the air

Assuming that it functions the way Marco said it would, it would look like this:

A106: Gauss Rifle, Korss 400, P5a
A105: Gauss Rifle, Korss 400, P5a
A104: Gauss Rifle, Korss 400, P5a, P4a
A103: Gauss Rifle, Korss 400,380,350,P5a,P4a

So that effectively reduces the dmg for all tt weapons, and low lvl L guns.

SB2 said:

O.O

insane!

Think about how many guns become useless now :girl:

SB2 said:

Seems like the best amplifier for the Maddox IV is going to be the Fi/Ra/Co Beast after the update. Which means that its maximum dmg/sec has been reduced from 94.7 to 74.6 dmg/sec.

Oh... and that VAT 100ME. It's no longer as good as the Adj V1. Infact, it's not even worth buying now.

I did expect a change to the amplifiers, but I didn't expect it to be as brutal as 50% of the base damage.

vat110 will lose value too.

Recoda said:
Seems like the best amplifier for the Maddox IV is going to be the Fi/Ra/Co Beast after the update. Which means that its maximum dmg/sec has been reduced from 94.7 to 74.6 dmg/sec.

Sniff, Sniff... I think I smell decay.... :rolleyes:

SB2 said:

oh man.. .that really does suck :/

i should have known earlier.! :(

...lost 5k peds in the last 4 weex.!!
...should have withdrawaled em...!!!

...bugs over and over no good amp on my mann mph..??? SUXXXX.!!!!!!!!

bye,ppl.!

:wave:

nice end of Opalo skilling, well not like that matters to me anyways.

I am waiting the melee amps still.

SB2 said:
Yes, I can.. The camels back might have just broken.

Nea said:
nice end of Opalo skilling, well not like that matters to me anyways.

I am waiting the melee amps still.

Yeah, me to, just got a bit disappointed when I realized that the maximum amount of damage that could be added to the Surv-11 would be 22 dmg.

It's not that bad, but I guess that removes any hope of ever being able to add a Adj/Imp/Mod amplifier onto it.

I can see a HUGE price increase in some of the high-damage weapons though.

Back