The Battle for Power - Become Landowner by playing!

Qetesh

Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Qatesh
The Battle for Power

Have you ever wanted to be a landowner but don't have the 250k spare on your ped card?​
Do you remember a thing called "Land Grab" where you fought for the right to have income from Amerthera soil....the memory is growing vague.​

LonguBanner.jpg

In cooperation with Tekkie who I must give all credit to for coming up with this idea I hereby introduce this concept for Big Longu Land and if all goes well my other land areas will follow.

Starting end of July a government will be appointed for Big Logu Land !
The government will from that day on receive 50% of the total tax income from this land area to be split between them!

How is the Tax divided?

The government will consist of a Magistrate, two Knights and 10 council members.

The magistrate will automatically get a fixed 10% of the total income. The Knights will get 5% each. The remaining 30% will then be split amongst all the members of the government in portions equal to their point portion of the government. For instance if the members of the government have 1000 points in total and you have 50 points you would get 5% of the 30% so 1,5% of the total tax income per day.

Government Titles to claim

1. Magistrate(1) - 10%
2. Knight(2) - 5%
4. Council Member (10)

How to gain power.

You must prove yourself worthy of the "honoury titles" for this land and its tax income by submitting your globals and hofs in this thread. The players with the highest total scores at the end of each month are "Honored" with their deserved titles and tax rewards. Each PED of your global is a point so a 50Ped global = 50 Points. There is a 750 point limit on all HOFs so if you HOF 1400Peds you only score 750 Points.

For the start of the next months scoring the following score deductions will take place:

Magistrate will lose 50% of points total
Knights will lose 30% of points total
Council Members will lose 10% of points total

The other members will keep their earned score as long as they earned points in the previous month.

Teams

Teams are very welcome to take part. Your team must have the same name throughout the entire event and screenshots must be posted by the same person everytime, without exception. You can play as a solo competitor and also host or be part of a team but your solo and team scores will be seperate and cant be added to make a single larger total. There is also a 750 point limit on all HoFs for teams.

Extra Points

Should you happen to meet a player on this land area with a government status higher than yours you can gain 2 extra points by typing in the chat box "Hail your greatness", clearly identifying them and taking a screenshot. The recipiant will gain 1 point for allowing you to speak to them :silly2:
You can only get these extra points once every 24 hours or more apart for each superior rank you hail.
:)
This is not an option for the first month as no ranks will be decided.

As normal, all screenshots should be clear and easy to read and include your position, time and global message.

Although it is all very clear in my head I am certain I missed some vital details as I write this down, so if there are any questions please come with them here and I will answer them as soon as I can!

I hope I will see some worthy contestants fighting over the titles. If there are not enough people to claim all the titles these will stand empty and their portions of the tax will be split amongst the other members of the government.

Best of luck to all that wants to participate!

VERY COOL! :yay:

Now I'm off to the big longu land to get crowned. (Read that as you wish.)

Good luck and happy hoffing all.

Sounds like a fantastic idea .. your most "Exhalted Greatness" .

: )

Bones

Great idea! Sadly those Longu Stalkers will pwn me any day, but good luck with it and maybe eventually I can join your government!

I forgot to say.
The maturity has been lowered on this area now. There is still one DNA at Stalker maturity, but the majority should be around Dominant maturity I believe.
I can adjust this further later based on your feedback.

Do mining globals count?

When can we start ?? Today 1st of July i guess ??

Great great event, cant wait :wtg:

Do mining globals count?
Currently not. The problem is it is not possible to restrict people to only use low amps, so it would be very easy to cheat with a high amp. Any suggestion on how to avoid this is very welcome.

When can we start ?? Today 1st of July i guess ??

Great great event, cant wait :wtg:
Thank you. The fight for next months titles has indeed started :)

Does Crone need to hunt for longu's now? Your post doesn't tell Crone where to hunt. He assumes in the given land area, but it's not stated.

A great concept here :yay:

Currently not. The problem is it is not possible to restrict people to only use low amps, so it would be very easy to cheat with a high amp. Any suggestion on how to avoid this is very welcome.

With the markups on amps over 103, I don't know if this would be a problem. With 103 amps you still don't global all that much, and you can't really continuously mine an area. Using higher amps would be like hunting with a very high damage/sec but very low dam/pec gun, thus getting more globals, but losing a lot of ped. Would that be cheating?

But, I can understand not wanting to mix hunting and mining.

I do see a potential problem with the way the competition is structured. After the first month, with the "government" losing only a % of their points and everyone else keeping theirs, it seems that anyone wanting to join the competition at a later time would have a big disadvantage. Basically the competition would become a monthly struggle between only the players who got in the first month, possibly two.

Very interesting indeed. :D

Cool idea, but we are to trust you that you will give us the proper amount from tax (you can say you had less tax..)?
Oh is there a random price ? :wtg:

Oh so there is 30% spread over 10 ppl. It's 3% average, but it can be likely that the best of those has more than 16.7% of total of these guys, so he will make more than the number 2 and 3.. That shouldnt be right?

Last edited:
I do see a potential problem with the way the competition is structured. After the first month, with the "government" losing only a % of their points and everyone else keeping theirs, it seems that anyone wanting to join the competition at a later time would have a big disadvantage. Basically the competition would become a monthly struggle between only the players who got in the first month, possibly two.

I don't agree. With these rules, the government are 'held back' so that others can catch up. It's essentially a (variable) cap on points. If you got a few globals you'd be able to push yourserlf up into those top spots.

At least that's how I see it working and I guess that is the intention.

Very nice event indeed!!

Extremely intelligent and ambitous layout.

Sol will go there as much as possible, but I reqommend that you (Q) make a different thread for globals :D

hahaha love the idea im in! lock n load

I don't agree. With these rules, the government are 'held back' so that others can catch up. It's essentially a (variable) cap on points. If you got a few globals you'd be able to push yourserlf up into those top spots.

At least that's how I see it working and I guess that is the intention.

Only the government loses (some) points. If you don't hunt there the first two months of this competition, how far behind everyone else would you be, if you wanted to join? Maybe that gets more people to start hunting there right now, but what about long term?

i am super excited about this. i prolly won't rank for shit, but will definitly be trying to get a title :)

Glob1 Trinity Trin Jam

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Glob 2 Trinity Trin Jam

is the event both north and south of Emerald TP or just south??

Hmmmm....players who are first in are hard to catch up with...where have I heard that system before? ;)

@Tekkie and Qetesh "Hail your greatness" :bowdown: :laugh:

nice event :D

is the event both north and south of Emerald TP or just south??

Just the one Longu area south of the TP for now.

Cool idea, but we are to trust you that you will give us the proper amount from tax (you can say you had less tax..)?
Oh is there a random price ? :wtg:

Oh so there is 30% spread over 10 ppl. It's 3% average, but it can be likely that the best of those has more than 16.7% of total of these guys, so he will make more than the number 2 and 3.. That shouldnt be right?

I will provide a detailed list of the daily tax income at the end of each month for the government. If you have suggestions on ways to make it even more transparent I would love to hear you out.

The 30% will be spread amongst all the 13 people the government consists of. The 10% for the magistrate and the 5% for the knights is just a giant "bonus" if you like. This does not limit them from making more.

With the markups on amps over 103, I don't know if this would be a problem. With 103 amps you still don't global all that much, and you can't really continuously mine an area. Using higher amps would be like hunting with a very high damage/sec but very low dam/pec gun, thus getting more globals, but losing a lot of ped. Would that be cheating?
Indeed an interesting question. There are however amps like the unlimited OA105 around now. If the owner of this amp decided to camp the area I believe he might beat the hunters with little effort. I am very interested in your opinions on this though. Maybe we can put the case to the vote once a government is chosen. :)

The idea behind the current setup is that as long as you work hard anyone can gain a title sooner or later. If you take nothing out you keep your points and stand stronger for the next round.
The actual reduction percentages for the government titles might be changed later if it gets too hard for competitors. Still the winners must have a good chance to defend their title from month to month.

This is a new concept guys so some fine tuning might be necessary to make it perfect. We value all opinions on the matter and will certainly do our best to make the terms acceptable for as many of you as possible.

I will provide a detailed list of the daily tax income at the end of each month for the government. If you have suggestions on ways to make it even more transparent I would love to hear you out..

I think time stamped screenshots of tax income windows would be about as good as you can get.

Now...is the money given out a total of TAX income, or tax income *after* maintenance costs like fertilizer and fees for promotions...

The 30% will be spread amongst all the 13 people the government consists of. The 10% for the magistrate and the 5% for the knights is just a giant "bonus" if you like. This does not limit them from making more.

Oh ok, that was not quite clear (to me).

Indeed an interesting question. There are however amps like the unlimited OA105 around now. If the owner of this amp decided to camp the area I believe he might beat the hunters with little effort. I am very interested in your opinions on this though. Maybe we can put the case to the vote once a government is chosen. :)

I think it should be a hunting event, but that's me

The idea behind the current setup is that as long as you work hard anyone can gain a title sooner or later. If you take nothing out you keep your points and stand stronger for the next round.
The actual reduction percentages for the government titles might be changed later if it gets too hard for competitors. Still the winners must have a good chance to defend their title from month to month.

True, but maybe just delete their score for 100%. Since they will get a part of the tax, it's already a stimulus to hunt, and maybe get a title the month after again.

This is a new concept guys so some fine tuning might be necessary to make it perfect. We value all opinions on the matter and will certainly do our best to make the terms acceptable for as many of you as possible.

Uh well you said you lowered maturity? I still see alpha - stalker. A bit lower maturity would be appreciated, guard-oa/prowler maybe?

See above.

Here are my first entries :)

Back